Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The official review might take some time. I want to use it until one of my capsules fails from everyday wear and tear. I am holding off until that happens. It will give me a better idea of the long term cost of the unit.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: vape4life

Kaptan

The official review might take some time. I want to use it until one of my capsules fails from everyday wear and tear. I am holding off until that happens. It will give me a better idea of the long term cost of the unit.
I was told by Taylor at theothersidevapes that the capsules will soon come down in cost when they ramp up production. He estimated they will eventually be about $1.99 each.

I've been cleaning my capsule after about 4 uses and it still looks new.

Kaptan,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
He mentioned that to me as well but until that happens I think we should consider the price we have for them.

As well, SliM, I'm not sure how long your going to be waiting if you are waiting for a capsule to break... I've been using mine like crazy with the same capsule since I got it and I notice very little stress on the shteeting. Since your reviewing so many vapes I can't imagine the degree of use on the capsules would be as much as someone who is dedicating it as their daily driver.

I've also made two more modifications, I just can't stop with my tinkering. I was getting some pretty rank abv taste even in new bowls, so I took the screen out of the bottom and once I realized how coarse it was I replaced it with two fine mesh screens (after cleaning it out of course) and I don't think any more pieces will be falling in.

The other thing is that on longer sessions, the mouthpiece can get toasty enough to smart your lips on big draws, so I just added a sillicone sheathe to it and now there's no issue.

I myself am in the process of writing a review; possibly will make a session video as well, since that video I made earlier wasn't really supposed to be a review, just a quick demo of the various things I've done to my unit.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I agree, we'll never see a review with you waiting to break one. Just took a blow torch to an extra capsule, couldn't get to melt or notice anything for that matter. Was fine to touch a few seconds later. These things are pretty durable. Centizen how did you get the bottom screen out without messing up the inside chamber?

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
The inside chamber is fairly durable, I just used a pair of needlenosed tweezers to pull it up and out.

CentiZen,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I am already getting cracks in the one I have been using, and the part where they heat press the seal is starting to separate a tiny bit. I also have concerns about cleaning the screen out in the capsule. I am researching cleaning the capsules with ISO. I want to make sure there is no chemical reaction between Polyamide and rubbing alcohol. As far as i can tell the Polyamide is no reactive to ISO... I can only find the information based on Polyamide resin and not in the sheet form like we are using. I assume though they should be the same.

Even though, I have not been using it every session. I pull the capsule out and put it back in many times a day. It helps simulate the capsule being used. I know they say they want to charge $1.99 right but currently they cost $10 which is not a trivial amount of money. Since I am recommending this device to others... I have to go on what it costs currently.

I myself am in the process of writing a review; possibly will make a session video as well, since that video I made earlier wasn't really supposed to be a review, just a quick demo of the various things I've done to my unit.

I learned that even if you say this is a demo or overview... people will still take it as a review. It is a slight annoyance with me... because sometimes I don't intend for it to be viewed as a "review" but poeple take it as that anyway.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: CentiZen

Tim

With the delay on the Pax (well, not really a delay) I'm about ready to jump on the Inhalater bandwagon. Currently talking to Taylor from OSV right now.

Quick question though.. how's the smell? I mean while in transport with a capsule inside, and during use. I understand that no vaporizer will be smell-free, but how does it compare to the DV and Pax?
Also, has anyone tried sandwiching some concentrates between the flowers in the capsule?

Thanks for all the input guys, and if you're wondering the 15% discount code is: FCVAPOR15
Gonna place my order right now on OSV. Taylor was great, and they're offering FREE overnight domestic shipping.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
With the delay on the Pax (well, not really a delay) I'm about ready to jump on the Inhalater bandwagon. Currently talking to Taylor from OSV right now.

Quick question though.. how's the smell? I mean while in transport with a capsule inside, and during use. I understand that no vaporizer will be smell-free, but how does it compare to the DV and Pax?
Also, has anyone tried sandwiching some concentrates between the flowers in the capsule?

Thanks for all the input guys, and if you're wondering the 15% discount code is: FCVAPOR15
Gonna place my order right now on OSV. Taylor was great, and they're offering FREE overnight domestic shipping.
When the unit isn't hot and the cap is on there is no smell. At all. There's no spots to resinate or get dirty so its very clean smelling.

While running, that's a different story, it smells but nowhere near as bad as a conduction portable like the iolite.

I've not tried concentrates in it but I dont think it would fare too badly. Just make sure to keep it upside down.

CentiZen,
Reactions: Tim

Vapor Junkie

Can anybody do a quick session video with one of these things? I'm ready to pull the trigger but I'd really like to see what kind of clouds it produces.

Edit: Sorry nevermind. Found the session vid on page 2.

Vapor Junkie,

Tim

Hey SliM, what's your take on the smell of a loaded Pax vs Inhalator? I'm thinking the inhalater gives off less of a scent?

Tim,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
They are really close. I would say they are almost too close to call. If it is sitting at a table (Like your desk) the PAX is going to smell less. Simply because it will go in to standby mode in about 30 seconds if it detects no movement. This will lower the temperature and reduce the smell. The inhalator will continue to produce some conduction vapor through he entire cycle. In that instance the PAX will smell less. If you are in a car the PAX standby mode will not be activated because of the car movements. Then the PAX and the inhalator will both be producing some conduction vapor through the entire cycle. In that instance they are pretty much even.

Slightly Medicated,

Tim

Thanks, SliM. My indecisiveness got the better of me, and I haven't "checked out" at OSV yet.. story of my life.
I've waited for the Pax for what seems like an eternity, only to be presented with another quality-looking vaporizer. Sigh.

Tim,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I know how you feel, because I was is the same boat. I pulled the trigger and could not be happier with it. Don't feel like I'm trying to pressure you or anything, I just know that if you were to buy it you would not have any regrets.

Tim

I know how you feel, because I was is the same boat. I pulled the trigger and could not be happier with it. Don't feel like I'm trying to pressure you or anything, I just know that if you were to buy it you would not have any regrets.

Thanks CZ, I don't feel pressured. The way I see it, I have until Sunday night to order to get it by Tuesday (free 1 day shipping, and it's the weekend now lol). I guess I'm just holding out to see if there are any new reviews/impressions in the next 24 hours. I greatly appreciate all the input from owners thus far!

Tim,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I am waiting for the improvements that were suggested.

Dreamerr,

jason

Thanks CZ, I don't feel pressured. The way I see it, I have until Sunday night to order to get it by Tuesday (free 1 day shipping, and it's the weekend now lol). I guess I'm just holding out to see if there are any new reviews/impressions in the next 24 hours. I greatly appreciate all the input from owners thus far!

Tim, i too have been indecisive to buy the pax or inhalator for my first long overdue portable. Please see my email below to Taylor that helped me make my fed up of researching decision.

Hi Taylor, My name is Jason I have been reviewing some threads on fuckcombustion.com. I just recently visited my local headshop who carries the inhalator, I was informed that they are getting in a new version of the INH004 possibly this week; the only 2 differences are a flatop cap instead of a rounded one, and a tightened up temp dial to reduce the commonly complained about issue when using with a group of people changing the temp, (he actually had a picture of it as well, that his vape rep sent to him). Thought you might appreciate this info if u were not already aware, I also thought I saw an actual coupon code on the thread but now cant find it. Is there a coupon code available if purchased through your website?, I saw that u offer free overnight shipping so I may consider going that route as to my slightly overpriced head shop.

Also I was very curious about the pax for its more discreet size but he said they are getting it in but would highly recommend INH004 over the pax because of the draw factor, described it as trying to drink that milkshake that was maybe just a little to thick. Just was curious your thoughts about it. I have seen that issue brought up before.

I would appreciate any thoughts you have, as my impatience for not owning a portable yet has run out.

Thanks, Jason
profile_mask2.png

taylors@the-other-side.net
4:26 PM (2 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hey Jason,
Thanks for your interest in the Inhalater. We are actually already shipping out the newer version of the INH004 that you mentioned, however I just haven't had a chance to make these changes on my website.
Here is the coupon code for FC memebers: FCVAPOR15
The coupon code will get you 15% off the Inhalater.
As far as the Pax goes, I've not personally tried it yet, only heard about it's performance from my colleagues. I've been told that it takes a good pull when breathing to draw out vapor, and that there's a decent bit more resistance than the Inhalater. I'll be trying out the Pax in a couple weeks, so I'll have a better idea of a comparison between them then.
Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Thanks,
Taylor S.
cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

5:19 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to taylors
cleardot.gif

Taylor you are the man, Just placed the order through your website looking forward testing this bad boy out Tuesday.

Thanks again, Jason

Hope this helps Tim, the way I analyzed all pros and cons; I sacrificed a smaller more discreet strictly conduction vape for a more effective, usb charged conduction/convection vape that I can pre-load cartridges for on the go. BTW going through OSV saved me over $60 than buying at my local head shop. Good Look Taylor!!!

jason,

Spiritwalker

Hey Jason, I think you made the right decision! The Pax has a harder draw, and requires stirring, while the Inhalater apparently doesn't, and the on the go capsules are awesome. IMO the Inhalater is THE choice portable, being even better than a Solo.

Thanks to CentiZen for the vid and helpful info!

Tim

Wow, great first post, Jason. Thanks for all the info! Taylor is really on the ball over at OSV. You broke the camel's back..

I placed my order. :clap:
A little over $210 total. That's $40 off + Overnight shipping. If anyone missed it, FCVAPOR15 is the discount code!

That's extra cash to budget towards the Pax, which.. I'll probably end up getting also. :lol:

To me, the Inhalater seems like the perfect portable. Simple, portable, ease of charging (microUSB! Beats the PuffIt's miniUSB). Pre-packed "cartridges" scream convenience.

BUT.. the Pax looks like something Steve Jobs has sent back from beyond the grave. I'm all about the experience, and the Pax seems like a pretty classy experience. Magnetic herb door and a "hideaway" mouth piece are the little details that make Ploom's device seem so.. magical.

See, I already placed my order and I'm STILL debating with myself. :shrug:

Vapor Junkie

I ordered both. Couldn't help myself. I should have the Inhalator Tuesday and the Pax Wednesday. lol.

I'm wondering if the Pax gives slightly cooler vapor due to the longer vapor path and I believe SliM said it's an all stainlesss steel vapor path.

Also I haven't seen anyone mention if the Inhalator is comfortable to use without the mouthpiece extension in place? Without the extension the vapor path is only as long as the mouthpiece itself and that may result in some pretty hot vapor. WITH the extension, I don't feel it's nearly as discreet as the Pax.

Just speculating :) I'm definitely excited to own both of them and try them out at the same time for comparison. I also want to compare how they perform in a group scenario. I'm guessing the Inhalater will win big in a group if for no other reason than the need to stir the Pax.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I let unit heat up first, then place capsule in. It will take a few more seconds later for the heater to catch up with a cold cap. Otherwise if you have a capsule in first and turn it up to 7-max, the first inhale when the heater is ready is a bit harsh and hot. The conduction of the polymide takes over pretty quick. The best practice is dialing it from a low temp then raising it bit by bit to your desired taste/vapor.

If your using a water pipe then screw it, turn the sucker up to max and slide it on the glass :) :tup:

kushcabbage,

jason

Wow, great first post, Jason. Thanks for all the info! Taylor is really on the ball over at OSV. You broke the camel's back..

I placed my order. :clap:
A little over $210 total. That's $40 off + Overnight shipping. If anyone missed it, FCVAPOR15 is the discount code!

That's extra cash to budget towards the Pax, which.. I'll probably end up getting also. :lol:

To me, the Inhalater seems like the perfect portable. Simple, portable, ease of charging (microUSB! Beats the PuffIt's miniUSB). Pre-packed "cartridges" scream convenience.

BUT.. the Pax looks like something Steve Jobs has sent back from beyond the grave. I'm all about the experience, and the Pax seems like a pretty classy experience. Magnetic herb door and a "hideaway" mouth piece are the little details that make Ploom's device seem so.. magical.

See, I already placed my order and I'm STILL debating with myself. :shrug:

Tim, glad my 1st post on here helped, i will be looking forward to reviews of the pax, to see if it is worth another purchase. Definitely like the design of the pax so ill keep an eye out for reviews and videos and decide if it will be worth that second purchase for use in certain stealth situations.

jason,

Kaptan

Lately, I've just been filling the capsules about half or slightly more and cap it with a fine mesh barely domed screen. This will prevent herb getting into the inhalater heat chamber.
I use the stir tool that came with the Extreme Q to push the screen over the herb, even the end of a bic pen would work well. The clouds are comparable to when it's packed full, it just doesn't go as long as fully packed.
IMO, half capsules work best when solo, full cap for 2 or more.
a2b46a7e.jpg

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I find that adding finer screens to the bottom is a pretty effective way to ensure that no material will get into the bottom.

I go for a full capsule each time though... my tolerance is pretty high.

CentiZen,
Top Bottom