Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm glad to hear that there is not any impact on our units from the rattle. It certainly didn't seem to be stopping anything from working. I'm getting more and more familiar with this unit each day and still really like it.

I've also noticed that long draws make the unit need to temp up a bit afterwards. It's more of an issue when the unit is low on batteries. I had the unit run out of power on me once, but that was because I trying to see how long I could get out of it without charging. When it gets to end of it's batteries it can barely even get up to temp, when it's full charged though it runs very well.

Also; I've noticed that this vaporizer is very similar in design to Hippie Dickie's Bud Toaster, only using polyimide instead of glass. The only thing I wish they could have added to this vape was some form of battery indicator.

CentiZen,

Kaptan

I'm glad to hear that there is not any impact on our units from the rattle. It certainly didn't seem to be stopping anything from working. I'm getting more and more familiar with this unit each day and still really like it.

I've also noticed that long draws make the unit need to temp up a bit afterwards. It's more of an issue when the unit is low on batteries. I had the unit run out of power on me once, but that was because I trying to see how long I could get out of it without charging. When it gets to end of it's batteries it can barely even get up to temp, when it's full charged though it runs very well.

Also; I've noticed that this vaporizer is very similar in design to Hippie Dickie's Bud Toaster, only using polyimide instead of glass. The only thing I wish they could have added to this vape was some form of battery indicator.
That is also my gripe with the device. I was told the next version of the device is already in the works and will include a digital battery indicator, digital temp display, and connectivity to the Internet for software updates. It will be the Inhalater XP and is about 12-16 months away from production.
For now, the Inhalater INH004 will keep me happy, but what they are working on sounds very promising.

That is also my gripe with the device. I was told the next version of the device is already in the works and will include a digital battery indicator, digital temp display, and connectivity to the Internet for software updates. It will be the Inhalater XP and is about 12-16 months away from production.
For now, the Inhalater INH004 will keep me happy, but what they are working on sounds very promising.
Oh my goodness the next version sounds great. Love the idea of the internet connectivity for software updates.
Side note: I also have noticed the rattling, but it's only when I shake the device up and down. Doesn't really bother me at all because the device works really well. I'm a HUGE fan of the nice even AVB every single time. Really just makes it so convenient to use.

MediocreBadGuy23,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Holy christ are you kidding me? I want on whatever mailing list you got yourself on too!

Kaptan

Holy christ are you kidding me? I want on whatever mailing list you got yourself on too!
I just emailed a few questions to the manufacture of the INH004 and he offered the information in his reply.

I just hope with next version they are able to keep the price $250 or lower.

SliM, still waiting on your thoughts of the INH compared to the Pax.

Kaptan,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I still have not quite formed them... Had a couple people ask me that actually. I have even used them side by side at the same time. I was still left kind of saying well this one did ABC and did AB well and C okay, while the other does ABC but does BC well and A okay. I guess so far i feel like they are pretty close. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. Give me a little more time. I am still trying to develop an answer that I feel is worth.

Slightly Medicated,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah I'm starting to understand why you take your time with all of these units... I'm still in the process of trying to figure out where this excels and where it dosen't, especially in comparison to the solo. Just having two to juggle for testing purposes is hard, I have no idea how you deal with all of the vapes you have right now lol

CentiZen,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
It can be a little overwhelming. I currently have 18 vaporizers I am testing and reviewing. I try and spread my exposure across all the products. That slows down the reviews some, but it also gives me a better idea how things are preforming across the entire group of products I am testing/reviewing.

I also prioritize based on how much info is currently out there. I posted allot about the PAX quickly because I was the only one who had the product. Other products like the MFLB have more posts and more stuff written. I tend not to write as much about them right now. I figured I would try and make the biggest impact by talking about the products that have the least exposure.

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer

Yeah, I've noticed this as well when battery power starts getting really low. I showed up at a party the other day with the Inhalater about half charged. After about five or so power cycles, it started taking longer in-between people to heat back up to the set temperature. Eventually it starts taking really long, and then the battery just kinda fizzles out. The group I was with thought the Inhalater was totally awesome, and they all loved the experience. I think it works decent as a portable with a group of people (and I tend to turn up the temp another notch when I'm with others), but still definitely not the experience you'd expect with a full-fledged home vaporizer. A lot of times when I'm with others who don't smoke at all, they'll ask to try a vaporizer and they'll have trouble using it, or they'd be a bit intimidated by all the hoses or glass connections, etc. However everybody who tried the Inhalater loved it, and I don't think I've ever had that happen with a large group of people before. Typically there's always somebody that says they couldn't get a hit or something, and you're trying to coach them though it all. I just had to tell folks to make sure not to touch the temperature knob, and everything went okay.

Sincerely,
Taylor

thatRAYsmoke

I think I have found a solution to my only real gripe with this unit... the dial and how easy it is to turn it. I bought some hair elastics, the kind that are just really tiny rubber bands and put a few under the dial. Now there is a pretty good level of resistance on the dial. It took me a few tries to get the postitoning right but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
Could you try to explain what to do as far as puttin the rubber bands on. Thanks

thatRAYsmoke,

spanner

Could not wait so ordered from ebay before checkingback here. Oh well as long as it works

spanner,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Could you try to explain what to do as far as puttin the rubber bands on. Thanks
Sure thing. In fact I think ill make a quick video showing the various tips and tricks I have for the unit. Your not the first person to inquire, I think it would be useful.

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
Thanks for the info Centizen. Hopefully, the manufacturer will include your modifications in an INH004 upgrade. And engrave the temperature settings and a discreet logo to replace the flimsy stickers.

And while they're about it, maybe they'll do something about their lousy, user-unfriendly website.

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

Kaptan

Thanks for the info Centizen. Hopefully, the manufacturer will include your modifications in an INH004 upgrade. And engrave the temperature settings and a discreet logo to replace the flimsy stickers.

And while they're about it, maybe they'll do something about their lousy, user-unfriendly website.
I highly doubt they will be including these mods as they are already working on their next model, Inhalater XP.

Edit - engraved numbers would be a very nice upgrade.

Kaptan,

vape4life

Banned for life
Great review vid Centi!!!!! Curious, with .3g loose (guessing .5 tamped) how is the solo better for bigger sessions?

vape4life,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
There are two different reasons I think I like the solo better when I am at home. While the Inhalater does rip bongs very well I find that the solo holds its thermal mass a lot better. With the Inhalater I needed to take at least eight draws until the bowl was cashed, but with the solo you can take a whole stem in one go if you really wanted too. The other thing I've noticed is that the highs with the Inhalater don't get as "stoney" as they do with the solo; I think the solo just does much better at getting those high temp cannaboids than the Inhalater. Not to say that the highs aren't good with it, because they are, they just don't have the same cadence.

Elvis

bricked
Hey, what's the size of this unit? Any chance of a picture of this next to the pax SM? :)

Elvis,
Top Bottom