The Herbalizer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@orledet & @weedemon: It is presumptuous for you to declare that the price is too high. Perhaps you don't like it but you have no knowledge whatsoever about the real costs of bringing this device to market. R&D, marketing, parts, molds and assembly lines, all cost money and you don't know how much. You just think the price is more than you in your ignorance believe it should be.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
When I see blown GLASS out there for sale considered ART in the $1000+++ ranges, I have no issue with the Hebalizer's price tag with it's R&D, design, and in great hopes..... usable function !

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
so i guess this is a purely radiant heat device - virtually no conduction except for the minor bit of herb touching the walls of the bowl, and bottom screen (i guess).

@orledet - yes, simple. once you know how. it is quite a leap from having the thought: "temperature control and best vaporizing experience" and casting that idea into silicon and bytes. i've been making that same quest for 3+ years now. i don't know what the herbie will cost (can't find the posted price), but it would be tea party stupid to sell it cheap, i.e. existing devices.

edit: okay, $750. that's too low, imho.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Somebody sure loves using the term Hyperbolic.
Applied to language, and not physical attributes, this means grossly exaggerated... and so,
must be addressed.
I see nothing in any vid or the website that has been even slightly overstated.
I had Herbie here for a fair time, and used and abused his good nature... to my delight.
There was NOTHING overstated about what the vape can do.
Points of reference:
1-I wait for Herbie to return, and with no small amount of anxiousness.....
And I use other vapes that I own and like...
While my Extreme Q (2 of them) are floating around the community as "loaners"...
...and are unmissed.
2- I live on a very limited income. (4 figures a year)... yet I save for things that matter.
I repeatedly would be willing to save up for this purchase.. while if I would, (and often have) turn down
other tools that would cost me nothing.

Last edited:

TommydCat

@orledet & @weedemon: It is presumptuous for you to declare that the price is too high. Perhaps you don't like it but you have no knowledge whatsoever about the real costs of bringing this device to market. R&D, marketing, parts, molds and assembly lines, all cost money and you don't know how much. You just think the price is more than you in your ignorance believe it should be.
However, it is not presumptuous of me, who can go toe-to-toe over every one of your points. It is priced rather high for this market. However, I do not think it is priced entirely unreasonably for myself, but I'm a tiny segment of the overall demographic.

TommydCat,

Tweek

Instead of arguing, we can just simply say "If you don't like the price, don't buy it"

There are alot of expensive things in life...some are worth the price tag, some are marked up to the hilt. But arguing about it doesn't change a thing...and thankfully there are many choices available to us out there.

Reality is, unless we work for Herbalizer, none of use can truly claim to know their costs.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yeah, we can stop talking about the price now.

It's an expensive vape, but so are the Cloud, Volcano, Sublimator and the miniVap. It seems like every couple of weeks someone has to come in here and complain about the price of something they have not used, and insult the manufacturer in the process.

If you don't like the price of this vape, come on over to the VAP2 thread, spend $100, and leave this thread alone.

weedemon

enthusiast
@orledet & @weedemon: It is presumptuous for you to declare that the price is too high.

I do believe I covered that. all said and done I think my post is totally fair.

I also agree with you on the price point. I think it's too high as well. but that, said I know nothing about what they have spent on making this project happen. but a $725 price tag is a hard pill to swallow. even at the 650 pre order price I locked in my pre-order at that's hefty. a months rent or this thing? I am lucky enough to have enough of a disposable income set aside for this... but there have been times I have questioned if I will really pull the trigger or not.

and if we are passive and don't voice our true opinions then we are actually doing FC as a whole a disservice! opinions, ideas and feelings are what makes this place so good.

Last edited:

orledet

I wrote:

But to each their own: one of those features may just be what you need, at any cost.

For me.. there is very little to warrant the price tag and/or hyperbolic salestalk.

So, I didn't declare that the price was too high. I only wrote that I don't think the price is right it for me, and to each their own.

I'm simply not that convinced by the "groundbreaking features designed with NASA know-how".

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
i certainly agree. the marketing hype is over the top. temperature control is well know technology and really not all that hard to do.
Very true...but no one else seems to be doing it anywhere near as well as Herbalizer. They are forging the technology and design form factor ahead for other pioneers to follow and improve upon the breed. Pioneering can be an expensive enterprise. I do believe the cost to the consumer will weed out many who would love to have it but simply can't justify the cost as compared to less expensive (less sophisticated) options. I'd love to have a top-line Porsche in my stable, but that won't happen, so...

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well said, Snappo...
...and really not all that hard to do.
I truly believe that all who feel this way (and are capable)should definitely build themselves a vape rather than purchasing one!
That makes perfect sense to me.
I am not capable.
I hate to repeat my view... but I feel qualified!
I have been BETA tester for a couple dozen Vapes that never actually made it to market.
I also own ALL of the vapes that this has been and/or could be compared to.
I am convinced by the groundbreaking features.
If "one" does not believe the feedback they are seeing here from the dozen that have handled
this unit in person, then the only thing that WILL convince them will be when they finally get a chance to
try an Herbalizer.
*this view has been reinforced by the dozen local patients that have tried the Herbalizer at my home side by side with over a dozen top name Vapes. More than a few patients that were loaner recipients with a chance to trade for a different vape available at no cost... chose to get on list for Herbie.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I was one that tried it and although it is expensive it was like no other. I can say that cause I used it. I would love to compare it to other expensive vapes but I can only compare it by reviews of others and even then this still stands out. Is it right for everyone, of course not. Personally I hate cords and fans cause they make noise but this vape is heads above others in my personal opinion. I am waiting for the wireless silent one:rofl: oh and the size of the old cell phones when they were trying to make them microscopic:lol::lol:.

As an added note I have tried a volcano clone and others have used it and said it was close enough for me to say there is no comparison again IMO.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Never ceases to amaze me when people refuse to allow a lack of real, direct, and specific knowledge to impede the ability to formulate conclusions on said subject.

I've used the Herbie. Three (or was it 4?) of them in fact. And not only for what people might normally use here, but I wanted to also try the Herbalization for which it's name is derived. I can't remember all of the different flower and plant products I went through (I have more recall of the non-flower matter as coffee is delicious, chile flakes add a nice flavor, and cookies are both tasty and hilarious to vape. But I doubt any of these have a medicinal application.), but at the end of the day this unit is arguably about the broad range of plant and flower matter than it opens the door for. Most people here are concerned with one flower here, but there are many more flowers out there that have value for specific situations.

That's part of what puts this in the "medical device" market more-so than most devices out there. Having pinpoint accuracy to target specific volatiles, combined with consistency (or, more specifically, the accuracy is maintained by the consistency in a near instantaneous fashion), put this device in a very unique niche.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Never ceases to amaze me when people refuse to allow a lack of real, direct, and specific knowledge to impede the ability to formulate conclusions on said subject.

I've used the Herbie. Three (or was it 4?) of them in fact. And not only for what people might normally use here, but I wanted to also try the Herbalization for which it's name is derived. I can't remember all of the different flower and plant products I went through (I have more recall of the non-flower matter as coffee is delicious, chile flakes add a nice flavor, and cookies are both tasty and hilarious to vape. But I doubt any of these have a medicinal application.), but at the end of the day this unit is arguably about the broad range of plant and flower matter than it opens the door for. Most people here are concerned with one flower here, but there are many more flowers out there that have value for specific situations.

That's part of what puts this in the "medical device" market more-so than most devices out there. Having pinpoint accuracy to target specific volatiles, combined with consistency (or, more specifically, the accuracy is maintained by the consistency in a near instantaneous fashion), put this device in a very unique niche.
If the soon to be new EVO Cloud is a realistic cost and performance standard which sets the bar high (and it does), the more versatile hi-perf Herbalizer seems to set the bar as high and more broadly. Not at all meant to disparage the EVO in any way. Each achieves its purposes admirably (future tense).

Last edited:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Herbs Rock!

I am falling in love with the earth all over again... This herbal apprenticeship I am taking is really opening my eyes. I can't wait to get my hands back on the Herbalizer and really dive in to that aspect.

10452091995_9db282be9a_c.jpg

I took this photograph today of some of my herbal tinctures I have going. It was time to strain them out today. Tinctures are great, but the thought of being able to accurately vaporize some of these herbs has me so excited.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
For the record, the Herbalizer guys (& the Herbie itself!) in conjunction with some private offline conversations with @Slightly Medicated have got me very interested in the *other* 99% of the herbs out there.

This device seems perfect for 100% of them.
;)

I just want to point out that the sobriquet "Herbie" has been used for years for the Herbalaire and co-opting it for the Herbalizer will cause a lot of confusion.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I think when some people post about the machine being too expensive it is out of disappointment that they would love to have it, but cannot afford it at that price point.

I am one of those, "for me" it is over-priced and I really had my hopes on this one. At 500 bucks they could have sold many more imo making up for the difference. But the fact that this is being marketed as a "medical device" immediately adds 50% to the price tag. Putting it out of my range.

So is 750 too much? Obviously not, as that is what they are charging. Am I disappointed. Yes.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Photoon2011-05-22at12482.jpg

After a two year study vaporizing the variety of Herbs I could gather
(a couple dozen of them), I found some wonderful taste combinations.
I only found a couple of herbs whose medicinal effects I could discern, however.
Spearmint vaporized did seem to have a diuretic effect on me.
It was mostly about the flavors in the end, because the effects were so very subtle.
My regular "meds" are what work for me...
however I did then spend about 9 months drinking all these herbs as teas.
I found effects there.
This led me to another attempt at vaporizing herbs
If I drink an herb as a tea, and then followup with a session vaporizing the same herb....
THEN I can detect the effects multiply some during the vaporization. (perhaps a saturation point).
Anyway....
I am delighted to see users interested in trying all of this out.
I have found that my preference in both effects and in flavor to be my "meds" straight up"..
But I am first to say, "There is a whole world out there to be explored, with more precise temperature settings to get it all exact"

Top Bottom