The Herbalizer

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
So is this thing still shipping by the end of the month? I feel like we would have heard something by now.

I'm on the the same platform, waiting for the train to come. It's killing me because I'm a shop-a-holic and have been tucking my money away for the Herbalizer after an early signup for this greatly anticipated release. Sure hope it does start shipping soon, as xmas is just around the corner and approaching fast, and we all know how THAT time of year sucks up our funds, let alone our 'play-time' money ;)

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The Herbalizer team are in Colorado at CHAMPS. They asked me to tell everyone that an email will be going out to those who signed up for the pre-order when they get back to San Diego.

Guess which vape they didn't bring to the show.
ewnenMr.jpg

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I was at our Local HS yesterday, and they mentioned that they've gotten the industry info on Herbie...

They are very excited. I mentioned vaping cookies in it, and that made them chuckle. I think when we left, they were deciding what kind of cookie they plan to vape first...

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm waiting for some of my "go to members" to drop reviews on this thing. I'll need some serious convincing since I have the cloud Evo ordered and coming soon, but if this REALLY is a game changer, or the reviews are unbeatable then perhaps I can save up for a few months to try one out. Too expensive to be an early adopter, too expensive to be "just another bag/whip vape", but NOT too expensive if it takes things to the next level like the original ticker cloud did for me.

I couldn't believe I was spending so much when the cloud was new, but I hate being cloudless now, its hard to compare. If this gives the same feeling and is an improvement in ways to the cloud, I may just be impressed enough to throw this on the credit card and pay it off for months.

Luv2Vape

I'm waiting for some of my "go to members" to drop reviews on this thing. I'll need some serious convincing since I have the cloud Evo ordered and coming soon, but if this REALLY is a game changer, or the reviews are unbeatable then perhaps I can save up for a few months to try one out. Too expensive to be an early adopter, too expensive to be "just another bag/whip vape", but NOT too expensive if it takes things to the next level like the original ticker cloud did for me.

I couldn't believe I was spending so much when the cloud was new, but I hate being cloudless now, its hard to compare. If this gives the same feeling and is an improvement in ways to the cloud, I may just be impressed enough to throw this on the credit card and pay it off for months.
Same here, if this turns out to be a game changer I will order one at some point.

Luv2Vape,
Reactions: Snappo

luchiano

It depends on what you consider a game changer. If you want a thick cloud for adrenaline rush type highs, then the cloud and sublimators are what you want. If you want to control the temperature, have it within 5 degrees regardless of inhale, and do it within a second so you can change it while inhaling, then this is a game changer. It's all about the type of effect you want, and how important it is to have clean vapor.

For me the herbalizer, and the aromed are competing for my attention since I want to release most of the substances in the herb without any degradation(the aromed goes as low as 152f), be accurate in temperature in the airflow(not just the heater) so I can get thin clouds for maximum lung absorption by adjusting the temperature only a few degrees, and be able to inhale while still adjusting the temperature for those times I want a bong like effect but more clean(the herbalizer). I like to get a real strong effect that is almost psychadelic, and gives a strong body high, so I would need a vaporizer that controls the heat precisely so I can avoid thick clouds as much as possible since that interferes with the effect I want. In order to get that feeling you need to be in total relaxation, and not having your body think something is out of the ordinary. You would also need something that can adjust temperatures quickly because you would be constantly reloading the bowl, and I don't want to wait too long to have a session.

The Herbalizer team are in Colorado at CHAMPS. They asked me to tell everyone that an email will be going out to those who signed up for the pre-order when they get back to San Diego.

Hmm, it's been almost a week now... Is today the day?

Nevermind... I happened to check their website and found this post: http://www.herbalizer.com/train-wreck-causes-delay/

Looks like the launch has been pushed back to early December. That's a bummer, but those of us who reserved a unit should be contacted soon?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh's Dad

Father of the Herbalizer.com founder
I got the call about the train wreck from Josh yesterday. At first I thought he was kidding. I'm reading the blog on herbalizer.com/blog/, but it doesn't describe how much delaying delivery of plastic means and how it upsets the apple cart. The engineering is finally complete and several Herbalizers have been built and successfully beta tested. The focus is, and has been for some time now, on manufacturing which involves planning a large supply chain of parts from many suppliers, assembly processes, and the acquisition of many custom supplies, including the plastic. The target is now the assembly line (actually there are two assembly lines, one for the processor board.) There have been multiple preparatory test runs at the manufacturing plant to test the build processes, QA, and document training instruction for assembly; everything is finally in a ready state.

Josh and Bob, as seasoned engineers, (ref herbalizer.com/about-us/) both weigh in on the conservative side insisting that every detail is addressed where protecting the brand is the top priority. They don't want any returns and they don't want to make promises they can't keep. Josh was reluctant to even post a December delivery date, but I'm more optimistic that shipping product will begin in less than a month from now.

Finally I believe they have achieved the confidence they've been seeking for not only Herbie the product, but also for the production, QA, and delivery. The manufacturer is now ready to completely take over the operations. All this preparation and attention to detail should pay off in the long run, but this delay comes at a great expense when you consider the opportunity cost of the delayed revenue. There's no free lunch for anything made in the USA.

In any event, I hope this provides a satisfactory explanation of what's going on, what to expect, and just to let everyone know, we are all only waiting for the plastics.

Lastly, I had the opportunity of spending time last week with Josh and team at the Champs trade show in Denver. Josh lives in San Diego, but his mom and I live in Denver and this was our first trade show. All the Herbie's were out for display and it was exciting for me to see reactions to the demonstration, similar to what you see on the website video. Sheila and Josh worked tirelessly demonstrating to what seemed to be a non-stop crowd of people. Many were just wide eyed finding Herbie all new and interesting, but then there were some who really got it and couldn't contain their excitement. All of you on this forum fall into the later category and I really appreciate and enjoy all the experience, knowledge, and passion that you share.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Nevermind... I happened to check their website and found this post: http://www.herbalizer.com/train-wreck-causes-delay/

Looks like the launch has been pushed back to early December. That's a bummer, but those of us who reserved a unit should be contacted soon?

:( damn you Murphy !! must you have a foot in almost every facet of my life :cuss:

3-weeks/month added to the release wait isnt so bad I suppose.... well, until you add on the extra 2-6 weeks of shipping/customs wait getting to Canada :rant:

Here's hoping the stars align, and Murphy finally is the one to get hit by a train so we'll (ok, mostly 'I' - queue abnormal selfish attitude -sorry :p), have these hitting our desk by Christmas eve to :party:

weedemon

enthusiast
for me, it's a blessing in disguise... there are many a 700 dollar vape hitting the market and my wallet will only allow one into my life (if at all) and this means an extra month to save my funds.

Is it tho?

3-weeks/month added to the release wait isnt so bad I suppose.... well, until you add on the extra 2-6 weeks of shipping/customs wait getting to Canada :rant:
you should try a 1 year wait until they release it to the rest of the world that's torture(kinda)

tepictoton

Same here...we are living in 20freaking13, yet still these damned diferences keep interfering :bang:

Hope some of you can enjoy their new machine soon and come here to show us the goods :D Then i hope the herbalizer will hit our shores soon...

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I wanted to correct something I said earlier.

I got to take a look at the guts on the Herbalizer, and the bulb is different from what I thought. (What I had in my head was what I think was one of @vtac's photos of a bulb from a DIFFERENT vape.) The bulb is still NOT user serviceable (but should last for a looooooooong time), but it looks a bit more like a headlight bulb, but with more intense/industrial filaments.

I also got to check out the testing rigs that were seen in that video, and some of the other steps that are involved in testing EVERY bulb before it is put into a unit.

In addition, I got a rare glimpse into the innards. There's a lot of work that go into these things!
(I guess that last statement is obvious, so allow me to say "Even more than I expected!")

For those that say this unit is too expensive, or that the price is artificially inflated because this is a "medical device" (I will posit that set of these people have not used one, not seen one, let alone taken one apart.) it is not. There is an attention to detail that sweeps across the board from design to choice of materials to construction. This is not a cheap/junky vape. This is the kinda of thing you can use for 20 years until the bulb goes. (That is: If you hadn't replaced it with the Herbalizer II or the Herbalizer XVI by then. :))

PS: I think @Josh's Dad is right on delivery times. But let's not hold our breath as stuff happens. Like trains.

grokit

well-worn member
When I said it was priced as a medical device I said it strictly in the value-added sense, and specifically mentioned that better qc and cs would be the benefit.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
When I said it was priced as a medical device I said it strictly in the value-added sense, and specifically mentioned that better qc and cs would be the benefit.

Wasn't your post. I recall your post. :cheers:

nigel,
Reactions: grokit

lazylathe

Almost there...
I also received the e mail.
Hard to tell how many first pre-orders will ship.
I presume a lot signed up and will not actually complete the order process.

lazylathe,
Reactions: smokum

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I got my email.

If everyone sends really good thoughts that My Hubby lands a job soon, AND our house sells, then I might be able to purchase my reserved Herbie. Otherwise, I'll have to bow out until sometime next year. :(

[Note: hubby has multiple apps out, and is seriously working the job hunt. House is on market in best condition possible. We are doing our best]

grokit

well-worn member
I got the email but will probably have to pass for now as well. I don't really even need the evo package that I have coming so I certainly can't justify this at the moment. I'm still very interested in this for sometime down the road, as I see this as possibly my "last" vaporizer. But for the foreseeable future, I will have to enjoy "herbie" vicariously through this thread.

marduk

daydreamer
I'd like to know if any drop testing has been done. I know the Herbalizer's accelerometer will turn off the bulb if the unit tilts, but would the Herbalizer/LCD screen/bulb survive something like a 2 or 2 1/2 foot drop to a wood floor or carpeted floor?

marduk,
Top Bottom