Discontinued The Hammer Vaporizer

OF

I don't see why this would be difficult, in my mind it would work quite well.

Then by all means try it out and let us know? I'm sure a couple of us are interested.

OF

OF,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations OF,

I'm sure a couple of us are interested.

There's no guessing required, i am. Simply make it happen in any way possible and then i'll tell you if i buy as a customer!...

Last night i imagined evaporating water where you'd normally insert herb: certainly there's enough heat available for that task (depending on how much water there is), right?... This would mean no inlet attachment at all (in case that's what is prefered here), then i'd try to fit some adapter on the exhaust outlet which would serve as a heat-source for the new cannabic vaporization chamber that would allow a tiny amount of adjustable H2O injection, near the cannabic outlet i suppose. With the ehaust still on top it would look like an awful lot of hardware though...

The only law than can't be broken has to do with blue prints instead of quantum physics: an inlet solution wasn't integrated from the start and hence it's only natural if the initial design parameters happen to be incompatible. My understanding is that it shall take time if it's going to be implemented, that's fine and i thank everyone for the generous explanations.

:peace:

Egzoset,

OF

The only law than can't be broken has to do with blue prints instead of quantum physics:

You're kidding, right? It's not Quantum Physics of course, that's something entirely different than we're talking about, but the laws of science are exactly the ones that can't be broken by mortals. Even those in the Obama administration that offered to change them for the auto industry.......yes, they did.

Civil and Criminal law may have exceptions and privilege but science is constant.

OF

OF,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again OF,

Where did this start to derail? Not my problem. Time is immuable enough for me and as a consequence i find it may be quite suitable at the moment just to wait and see: time will tell, if you don't mind.

Egzoset,

OO

Technical Skeptical
OF, I'd like to bring quantum mechanics into the equation with something I'm terming Conduction Effect.

Conduction Effect is something I suspect is responsible for X-factor in some instances. I will elaborate more when I have more to contribute on it. At the moment it isn't much.

Satyrday, your sense of humor is appreciated by me.

OF

OF, I'd like to bring quantum mechanics into the equation with something I'm terming Conduction Effect.

Fine by me. I was a Quantum Mechanic for a while, still have my first set of molecule wrenches around here somewhere.

I seriously worked at a company making small cyclotrons for medical use. The lead Mech Tech had the (as far as I know) unique job title of "Cyclotron Builder". How many of them can there be at the unemployment office?

We're talking Newtonian Physics here, though. QM is something entirely different.....and really not germane here? We want latent heat and stuff (bulk effects), not band gaps and energy levels and yucky stuff like that.

I think.......

OF

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I seriously worked at a company making small cyclotrons for medical use. The lead Mech Tech had the (as far as I know) unique job title of "Cyclotron Builder". How many of them can there be at the unemployment office?
Man, OF. That is so cool. I need to get my ass back to school.

Cyclotron Builder is definitely a great title. My favorite that I've heard belongs to someone I know who's leading design of distributed storage networks. Yup, he's a "Cloud Architect"!

nopartofme,
Reactions: OF

OF

Man, OF. That is so cool. I need to get my ass back to school.

Yup, fun stuff.

School is cool. Some stuff there is actually useful in the real world. The rest is stuff the prof learned as an underclassman...... Also fun, but different.

The company is gone now, leaving a somewhat radioactive (read seriously so in spots) building in downtown Berkeley.....with walls 12 feet thick. It's not going anywhere fast. We also had a Tritium (H3, the stuff that makes watch dials and night sights work) facility there (we used it in a free neutron generator). Fun room with negative pressure with an even bigger suck on the fume hood. Sniff enough of that stuff and you're a goner. It absorbs into you (replacing the Hydrogen in a friendly water molecule) where it hangs around until it breaks down 12 year half life, it's in no hurry. When it does it fires out a wimpy little electron that defies detection sometimes. Sucker can't go through a sheet of paper, but inside you it's gonna hit something you need, with a low chance of a reaction. Do it long enough and you've got cancer.

Anyway, I was by the place the other day, the 40 foot stack is still in the NW corner. That's the safety system. Hydrogen in the atmosphere drifts off into space eventually, if it can get out of ground air currents..... So the idea was to blow it up high enough and forget it. If the good people of Berkeley knew....... In the day they were too busy trying to put a city wide deposit on coke and beer cans. We'd buy our suds in Albany (next town North) and turn them in in Berkeley......didn't work out well. "Typically Berkeley".

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I was a Quantum Mechanic for a while, still have my first set of molecule wrenches around here somewhere.

3q8u40.jpg

OO

Technical Skeptical
Electron wrenches sir. ;)

My Conduction Effect theory is centered about the reactivity of the singlet paramagnetic oxygen molecule. Oxygen in it's ground state is still paramagnetic, but in a triplet state, and therefore very unreactive, since most things are in singlet states. The singlet diamagnetic oxygen molecule is very reactive, but somewhat stable since the transition back to ground state is triply forbidden.

My theory is that the extremely short lived paramagnetic singlet oxygen molecule is far more reactive, and since it is such a short lived state, it would only exist in close proximity to the energy source that excited it. Therefore a plausible explanation of why everyone who seems to experience a different effect from conduction dominant vaporizers.

Further evidence can easily be found. Initially I suspected that since metals and glass are better thermal conductors than air that the reason I was getting the conduction related effects were from more heat transfer, but that isn't necessarily the case. If you use the hammer and move the load closer or further from the heat exchanger, you will notice that you get much less oxidation of the material that is closest to the exchanger when it's pushed down the stem as little as 1 centimeter. But if you push in so that it's very near the exchanger, but not in direct contact you get lots of oxidation, but only on the surface material. If it was because of the temperature of the air and nothing else, you would get oxidation further back. Since that isn't the case, there's something happening that's not expected. Also when you push it further down the stem, the air shouldn't cool too much, especially when you put much more heat into the air, it shouldn't be dissipated by the time it reaches the material further down the stem. BUT much less oxidation still occurs down the stem.

All of this supports my theory. Furthermore, if Vorrange's theory is correct, then the CBN which is an oxidation product of THC is responsible for the X-Factor, then this is an explanation behind 1 circumstance of the X-Factor. That said, THC is a very delicate molecule and there can be other causes of the X-Factor.

Either way, my theory seems to hold some decent amount of water. What do you think?

OO,

OF

Electron wrenches sir. ;)

Either way, my theory seems to hold some decent amount of water. What do you think?

They don't exist. Electron wrenches are not Quantum Mechanic's tools since the whole idea of QM centers on the electron's mobility........ If it can't shift shells you're SOL. My set is way too big for them anyway.

If you say so. "You lie, and I'll swear to it"? I think this has noting to do with moisture content of the air, which was, I think, the original topic?

I think you should take careful notes I guess. Good luck with it.

OF

OF,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I didn't mean in my original post that QM had anything to do with the water. But I was adding to the overall equation, something bigger, and much more complicated.

OO,

OF

I didn't mean in my original post that QM had anything to do with the water. But I was adding to the overall equation, something bigger, and much more complicated.

Why? I'm missing how it relates to the Hammer then I guess?

But if you're happy, I'm fine.

OF

OF,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Why? I'm missing how it relates to the Hammer then I guess?

But if you're happy, I'm fine.

OF
The Hammer was a critical component to the formation of my theory. It's surprise differences in effects were analyzed via multiple experiments that has ultimately led to the theory.

Though, it may have eventually been elucidated through the use of other vapes.

I'm not happy until I can prove it (or until a pre-exchanger humidifier is integrated), but I am somewhat encouraged by the likelihood, and that there is a basis for the evidence collected.

OO,

OF

Though, it may have eventually been elucidated through the use of other vapes.

Sounds like a problem? I mean when you get to the 'peers reproducing your experimental results' part?

I believe I've already given you the best advice I have, take good notes? Let me add, 'design your experiments well'?

Good luck with it, I think you've picked a tough row to hoe for whatever reason.

OF

OF,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
Egzoset, I think the best way to get the moisture you are looking for, is to take the Hammer into a steam room.

You were joking, but this is actually a great idea. It is a quick and dirty way to test whether humidifying air at the inlet is worthwhile (and you don’t have to build anything). Go into a small bathroom and turn on a very hot shower until the bathroom fills with steam. I think that we can all agree that the air in a steamy bathroom is holding as much moisture as possible. Granted, it is a subjective test that won’t yield any concrete numbers... but when you use your Hammer, you will know if it feels smoother or not.

In my plan, water would be evaporated not by ambient air passing over it, but by conduction from the heat exchanger. Is there any reason why this method would not work?

Once the heated water vapor joins ambient air, the water vapor will still hopefully be heated well above the ambient temp, and will hopefully transfer much heat to the air as well, so it would be a hybrid of water vapor and air that would be transferring heat to the material. Steam vaporization essentially.

I don't see any reason this shouldn't work, unless I'm missing something critical.

Now even if the above test yields positive results, it is unlikely that you will be able to modify an existing Hammer to accomplish this feat. You would need a much larger fire to create enough BTUs to heat both the heat exchanger and the steam generator. The Hammer was designed to take advantage of every BTU that this little torch provides. Sacrificing any of the fire’s heat to another purpose will dramatically reduce the Hammer’s effectiveness. This would translate into longer warm up times and a lower overall temperature limit.

The good news here is that a larger Hammer is in the works. And it will have so much extra heat that you could add a small steam driven turbine to generate enough power to charge your phone ;)

NO MORE wispy HITS

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
The good news here is that a larger Hammer is in the works. And it will have so much extra heat that you could add a small steam driven turbine to generate enough power to charge your phone ;)

NO MORE wispy HITS

THE SLEDGE HAMMER? :dog:

vaporonly,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
something big enough so these guys wanting water can simply plug their garden hose into it.....

vaporonly,
Reactions: OF

OF

something big enough so these guys wanting water can simply plug their garden hose into it.....

I like it. The portable version would have a water tank and LPG powered feed pump?

Stealth will probably suffer even more with that model.......

The cloud chasers will love it. A whole new class of them could emerge.....Smoke Screen fans? The standard being the ability to hide a fully loaded Destroyer at flank speed?

No doubt that would still not be enough for some, but it would thin the ranks some I bet......

OF

OF,
Can't I just have someone spit in my mouth before hitting the Hammer? That would be a lot less cumbersome than dragging a water hose around everywhere I go.

TheDudeNextDoor,
Reactions: vaporonly

OF

Can't I just have someone spit in my mouth before hitting the Hammer? That would be a lot less cumbersome than dragging a water hose around everywhere I go.

Sure. It costs $50 extra in Atlantic City, not sure about Reno.......

OF

OF,
Top Bottom