Discontinued The Hammer Vaporizer

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
^I'd like to you elaborate if you don't mind.

I feel like the one thing that would make this one golden is some type of temp guage, even a very basic color zone one. the few times i've combusted were when i had it too hot obviously

I feel like i get it too hot which darkens it up a little past where i'd like to take it.

that's one thing the supreme spoils you with.

vaporonly,

satyrday

On the topic of coming filled with gas, that's generally not allowed by shipping regulations (for the obvious reasons). However, it's a bad thing to not have pressure inside (invites leaks and contamination) so ideally I think it should come with at least a little bit there.
Yes, it wasn't full by any means. Actually not sure just how much was in it. I'm thinking just a little itty bitty bit that the postmaster general wouldn't even notice.

satyrday,
Reactions: OF

vaporonly

Yes, it wasn't full by any means. Actually not sure just how much was in it. I'm thinking just a little itty bitty bit that the postmaster general wouldn't even notice.

they will ship butane and butane lighters etc but it can only be ground.

the problem is any shipping that involves airplanes.

vaporonly,

OO

Technical Skeptical
^I'd like to you elaborate if you don't mind.

I feel like the one thing that would make this one golden is some type of temp guage, even a very basic color zone one. the few times i've combusted were when i had it too hot obviously

I feel like i get it too hot which darkens it up a little past where i'd like to take it.

that's one thing the supreme spoils you with.
Absolutely.
First though to address the temp point, that's only a gauge that's useful for relative guesses, since everything is approximate anyways. The sources of the compounds we use, as well as the ways we choose to administer them are a very, very delicate set of circumstances, and even small changes can have large consequences (that's the theme of this, and many of my posts).

What I have found is quite surprising, which is that the tube you use seems to be one of the largest factors in achieving different effects. This seems odd, but I will explain my theory.

With the original stems. With the original stems I find the most consistent method of use was to keep the screen shallow, and right against the heat exchanger of the Hammer. I use very small quantities of material, and finely ground.
Factors. I find that with the proximity(to the exchanger) being small, and the mass of the material being low, that the X-factor is emphasized. This is a strong point of evidence for Vorrange's argument that oxidative products like CBN are responsible for the X-factor.

With the Wooden stems. With the wooden stems (which are LOCK ON) I use much larger quantities of material, and vary how I prepare it. Either way, the larger bowl favors the use of more material, as well as keeping the material further from the exchanger. This lends itself to a much later onset of head change, as well as a less intense experience overall. This is more uplifting and creative.

All of this has been while using only one type of material, and it's high-grade, and has been well kept to minimize oxidation/degradation.

The comparison is easy to make to the SV, which is very hard to generate the X-factor with, instead of instant head change, and more heavy experience, the supreme lends itself to an experience more akin to the wooden stems, which is interesting. That is because the SV can do full range extractions quite quickly. But then why no X-factor? The reason I think at the moment is because the larger quantities used with the SV, as well as proximity to the heat exchanger. The minor distance from the heat exchanger seems to make all the difference in regards to X-factor, which means that oxidative products are a likely source of the X-factor.

This is all fairly difficult to follow, but what it comes down to is proximity to the heat exchanger, and quantity of material.

That being said, if the material you're using has been poorly cared for, or open air cured for long amounts of time, the amount of oxidative/degradative products in the vapor could be higher, and therefore influence the ease of achieving X-factor, as well as the difficulty of avoiding it.

Let me know if you have specific questions regarding my theory, as it's all really difficult to comprehend if you're not adept at visualization, or have weak understanding of physics/chemistry.

OF

they will ship butane and butane lighters etc but it can only be ground.

the problem is any shipping that involves airplanes.

Yep, that's my understanding as well. It basically eliminates USPS for that reason. And it makes customs a whole other adventure. I can understand makers wanting to stay clear.

OF

OF,

vaporonly

Absolutely.
First though to address the temp point, that's only a gauge that's useful for relative guesses, since everything is approximate anyways. The sources of the compounds we use, as well as the ways we choose to administer them are a very, very delicate set of circumstances, and even small changes can have large consequences (that's the theme of this, and many of my posts).

yes exactly, the gauge is all relative but for example I can go to 270F on the Supreme and know I'm in a zone for great tasting hits from bowl to bowl. I don't consider that to be the 'real' or actual temp.

the rest of your post is very thought provoking and i'm going to reread it before I post more

vaporonly,

hoyo77

i think i may have a defective unit not getting hot and i see not faint blue light when i ignite and wait the 30 seconds.

hoyo77,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i think i may have a defective unit not getting hot and i see not faint blue light when i ignite and wait the 30 seconds.
If you see no "blue light" then that means there is no flame. Do you hear the sound of fuel flowing when you press the button? Do you hear a distinctive "click" when you fully depress the button?

It may or may not be defective, if you don't get the click, then the piezo is broken, if you don't get the sound, then fuel isn't flowing. If you get both, the piezo can still be broken, and gas could also be flowing into the wrong place.
A possible issue is overfilling, which can be remedied by depressing the filler valve.

OO,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
you should see the blue light right away... the blue indicator should be visible during the entire thirty second warm up

there may be a bit of air still in the tank causing inconsistent ignition, but I personally tested that unit and know that it worked properly prior to shipping

Head Tools,

hoyo77

well head tools no blue light here. did you install the lock on kit on at as well? it was missing the retaining clip.

If you see no "blue light" then that means there is no flame. Do you hear the sound of fuel flowing when you press the button? Do you hear a distinctive "click" when you fully depress the button?

It may or may not be defective, if you don't get the click, then the piezo is broken, if you don't get the sound, then fuel isn't flowing. If you get both, the piezo can still be broken, and gas could also be flowing into the wrong place.
A possible issue is overfilling, which can be remedied by depressing the filler valve.
i get the click...i hear fuel...

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

hoyo77,

satyrday

i get the click...i hear fuel...
The blue light is not real obvious unless you know where to look (under the heating chamber). Go into a dark room and see if you can spot the blue light. Not trying to condescend, but it is the tip of the torch flame I believe. Try turning up the flame a little and see if that helps.

satyrday,

hoyo77

The blue light is not real obvious unless you know where to look (under the heating chamber). Go into a dark room and see if you can spot the blue light. Not trying to condescend, but it is the tip of the torch flame. Try turning up the flame a little and see if that helps.
thanks i think i may know what the issue is...trying again now

hoyo77,

hoyo77

The blue light is not real obvious unless you know where to look (under the heating chamber). Go into a dark room and see if you can spot the blue light. Not trying to condescend, but it is the tip of the torch flame I believe. Try turning up the flame a little and see if that helps.
i see the tip of the flame or blue light breifly then it disappears then the thing starts sputtering...i purged it and refilled it...same thing. this thing is defective or something happened in shipping.

hoyo77,

satyrday

i see the tip of the flame or blue light breifly then it disappears then the thing starts sputtering...i purged it and refilled it...same thing. this thing is defective or something happened in shipping.
Did you try turning it down to the lowest setting? The pressure may need to adjust more and too soon for a higher flame just yet.

satyrday,

hoyo77

OMFG!!!! Satyrday i dont care what nobody says about you...you are all right with me. That was it, pressure needed to settle down. i purged it to get the old gas out. turned the temp down waited about 3 minutes and fired her up we got constant blue light and my ass is on the floor gagging from the big rip i just took. Thank you for your help. now it is time to take this little mofo for a test session. damn no more whispy hits......indeed!!!!!!!

satyrday

OMFG!!!! Satyrday i dont care what nobody says about you...you are all right with me.
That's the ticket. Don't listen to all the lies and gossip!

That was it, pressure needed to settle down. i purged it to get the old gas out. turned the temp down waited about 3 minutes and fired her up we got constant blue light and my ass is on the floor gagging from the big rip i just took. Thank you for your help. now it is time to take this little mofo for a test session. damn no more whispy hits......indeed!!!!!!!
You're welcome.

Yeah, I couldn't see how it would be damaged in shipping unless you received a package that was all chewed up or something. The little guy seems nearly indestructible to me. Torches can be temperamental at first. Enjoy!

Head Tools

Manufacturer
OMFG!!!! Satyrday i dont care what nobody says about you...you are all right with me. That was it, pressure needed to settle down. i purged it to get the old gas out. turned the temp down waited about 3 minutes and fired her up we got constant blue light and my ass is on the floor gagging from the big rip i just took. Thank you for your help. now it is time to take this little mofo for a test session. damn no more whispy hits......indeed!!!!!!!
glad you got it working... I installed the lock on kit and the retaining ring is already on there... the gasket in the plastic bag is an extra

Head Tools,
Reactions: hoyo77

hoyo77

glad you got it working... I installed the lock on kit and the retaining ring is already on there... the gasket in the plastic bag is an extra
Head Tools i got so much man love for you right now i dont know what to do but keep hitting my hammer

okay here is my 2 cents on this device. had a few issues when it arrived, thanks to satyrday for helping a brotha out. I have had 3 stems so far and i shit i am F'ed up. flavor is awesome, packs a mean ass punch. i am not going to compare it to other vapes cause in my opinion they all good, just got to find the one that works for you...me personally i can fuck with them all and be happy....but for the money this mutha fucka right here.....well you can figure the rest out..meanwhile time to go hit the hammer!!!!! this thing will be in HEAVY USE!!!!!

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

vaporonly

has this term x-factor been defined someplace? I think I know what it means but I just want to be sure.

edit: also, I have a question: Some butane torches and portable soldering irons have warnings not to leave them full in your car in the heat.

I'm assuming this would apply to the hammer too right? thank you.

vaporonly,

OF

Some butane torches and portable soldering irons have warnings not to leave them full in your car in the heat.

I'm assuming this would apply to the hammer too right? thank you.

Not a given. The issue is pressure build up with heat. At some point, the pressure gets too great and a valve, seal or other component lets go. There's a 'safe storage temperature' that causes a pressure still safe to contain, stay under that and you're Jake.

But that varies with the unit. The gas is standard, go with the vape maker's temperature ratings would be my advice.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom