Discontinued The Hammer Vaporizer

marduk

daydreamer
The good news here is that a larger Hammer is in the works. And it will have so much extra heat that you could add a small steam driven turbine to generate enough power to charge your phone ;)

Can you offer any more details... like dimensions, capacity of tank and bowl size compared to the original, shape? Time frame? Anything else? :)

marduk,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Head Tools,

Sacrificing any of the fire’s heat to another purpose will dramatically reduce the Hammer’s effectiveness. This would translate into longer warm up times and a lower overall temperature limit.

The good news here is that a larger Hammer is in the works.

Thank you for providing this response. If the illustration shown below corresponds to the ancestor of The Hammer then i have no trouble believing there's going to be more in the future...

Well, at least there's been real progress accomplished - provided this is what i think it was, of course.

:peace:

Egzoset,

satyrday

satyrday,
Reactions: Egzoset

OO

Technical Skeptical
Sounds like a problem? I mean when you get to the 'peers reproducing your experimental results' part?

I believe I've already given you the best advice I have, take good notes? Let me add, 'design your experiments well'?

Good luck with it, I think you've picked a tough row to hoe for whatever reason.

OF
It's reproducible with any vape where you can adjust the distance between the material and exchanger. That being said, the factor is related to the extent to which the material is in proximity to the exchanger, so data from any vape can be useful in this.

I think it's important, because who hasn't wondered why some vapes produce certain effects with ease and others don't? More importantly, it's useful for guidelines on avoiding intoxicating effects for when legalities change. I would hope that something like this would be considered in educating the populous on how to avoid putting themselves and others in possibly dangerous situations (though the comparison cannot be made to alcohol, because these effects don't impair your judgement (You should still be able to tell when you are too intoxicated to operate heavy machinery)). That said, people will still want to know how to avoid this state of mind in the first place, and my research I feel is a step in the correct direction.

You were joking, but this is actually a great idea. It is a quick and dirty way to test whether humidifying air at the inlet is worthwhile (and you don’t have to build anything). Go into a small bathroom and turn on a very hot shower until the bathroom fills with steam. I think that we can all agree that the air in a steamy bathroom is holding as much moisture as possible. Granted, it is a subjective test that won’t yield any concrete numbers... but when you use your Hammer, you will know if it feels smoother or not.
This would help, and I have verified that when vaping in a cloud, it does help, but the extent to which it helps is somewhat limited. This is because as you increase the temperature the air's capacity for moisture increases, and relative humidity drops. So it does help, but not to the extent I'm looking for.

Now even if the above test yields positive results, it is unlikely that you will be able to modify an existing Hammer to accomplish this feat. You would need a much larger fire to create enough BTUs to heat both the heat exchanger and the steam generator. The Hammer was designed to take advantage of every BTU that this little torch provides. Sacrificing any of the fire’s heat to another purpose will dramatically reduce the Hammer’s effectiveness. This would translate into longer warm up times and a lower overall temperature limit.

The good news here is that a larger Hammer is in the works. And it will have so much extra heat that you could add a small steam driven turbine to generate enough power to charge your phone ;)
I suspected that the limited heat generating capacity would be a limiting factor. I'm very excited at the idea of a larger version with a larger flame, and therefore increased heat output. Please do consider some kind of system like I've described, but you need not implement it, I will eventually.
Keep us updated on the sledge.

Is it just me or is this no longer the hammer thread?

Although relevant, I think we are officially derailed. Maybe this discussion warrants its own thread.
My conduction theory posts can be moved to the Conduction Vs. Convection thread if you are willing.
That said, Conduction Effect is a misnomer, as it should be titled Proximity Effect.

OO,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I was thinking we could just go back to talking about the Hammer
Sure, I'm using an aluminum can to make a shroud to direct the butane exhaust away from the heat-exchanger intake. It's easy to do, the problem is the polymer shroud that is already in place. I think the proximity effect is oxidizing it (more likely it's pyrolysis), so I'm going to have to shave a bit of it away.

satyrday

The Hammer of the Gods. Love it on Thor'sday.

332px-M%C3%A5rten_Eskil_Winge_-_Tor%27s_Fight_with_the_Giants_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Vapodudule

More real hammer in mailbox overseas, 2 stems broke during the trip but large order to prevent. Nice looking tools. Not tried yet. Not bad.

goooood niiiiight

Vapodudule,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
More real hammer in mailbox overseas, 2 stems broke during the trip but large order to prevent. Nice looking tools. Not tried yet. Not bad.

goooood niiiiight

I actually put two extra stems in your shipment just in case that happened

Head Tools,

Vapodudule

I actually put two extra stems in your shipment just in case that happened

I am glad you did, i was wondering why there were too many :) thank you for that ;) your letter was small enought and shpment was declared custom free.

still didn't try the hammer, just store spare part and make my using package, review coming soon.

Vapodudule,

Vapodudule

The hammer hammered!

*This post is edited*

First use: custom stems, tiny load less than 0.05, taste was here! 2 serious clouds too!!
i could have extracted in 3-5 hits i will try it with water to avoid particles.

the pro:
  • small fits in pocket (i have large pockets)
  • super efficient
  • really designed this source of hot air is
  • current free
  • perfect for camping
  • customer service, i am overseas so the y put 2 stems to prevent brekeage: perfect match two broken. My theory is that packaging a regular nail close to two glass piece implies stress on glass. May be packaging it outside would reduce breakage. This point is not on cons because risk has been mastered.
the cons:
  • Direction of use. i would say the preferential direction above (water tool friendly). I found my self using it dry with the head up looking because of air flux making my tiny load rotate. Though i didin't try to turn it intentionnaly.
  • particules you could inhale from fine grinded material and simple filtration.
  • heat/dryness due to the small size of stems, this heat positivly allows you (like the native MFLB hitting) to feel vapor and judge the extraction. this part is very close to learning curve also. if you change the way you inhale (water, whip etc.) key of mastering changes.
  • gaz smell around the device even if the inhale path is separate. this balanced by current free and ease to supply butane.
  • heat of the device after use balanced by the restistance to heat of the original box that allow to store it quickly.
Did somebody notice that the gaz continue to flow after you released the button? is that normal?

This device can be called a great vaporizer!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The hammer hammered!

With a tiny load, taste was here! i will try it with water to avoid particles.

the pro:
  • small
  • efficient
  • current free
  • perfect for camping
  • customer service
the cons:

• particules
  • heat/dryness due to the small size of stems, this heat allow you (like the native MFLB hitting) to feel vapor
  • gaz smell around the device even if the inhale path is separate
  • heat of the device after use
Did somebody notice that the gaz continue to flow after you released the button? is that normal?

This device can be called a vaporizer!

I agree with your cons except I don't understand the problem with particles. I haven't had any issues with particles getting past the screen. The butane smell is there but not really noticeable unless you look for it.

pakalolo,
Reactions: OF

Dopevape

The hammer hammered!

With a tiny load, taste was here! i will try it with water to avoid particles.

the pro:
  • small
  • efficient
  • current free
  • perfect for camping
  • customer service
the cons:

• particules
  • heat/dryness due to the small size of stems, this heat allow you (like the native MFLB hitting) to feel vapor
  • gaz smell around the device even if the inhale path is separate
  • heat of the device after use

This device can be called a vaporizer!

Glad to hear you like the Hammer and welcome to the club :D!!!

About the cons:

-he is correct about the particules, they collect after a while of heavy usage on the inside of the stem. Haven't had any in my mouth tho that I can recall. Keep your tongue infront of the stemhole for precaution if this thought bothers you.

-The stem can get a little hot after a while but thats after a serious while, maybe your not inhaling/sucking on it fast enough. The standard stems can have this problem. But for real I haven't had any issues with it lately :).

-Gaz/butane smell is noticable when u look for it, but your supposed to be enjoying your blend/herb at that moment in time hehe!!!

-The heat of the device can be overlooked. It comes with a pretty sturdy carrying case, alltho not really pocket friendly this will help you in carrying the device while it is hot. I've never tried this cause i only use my vapes at home most off the time since it would be like wtf for other people if i even used ECIG here outside or on the street.. go figure.

Now about the gaz/butane flowing after you release the button I have noticed it last few days :s and i'm not sure either if this was happening before? maybe this has something to do with using it for too long periods of time? dunno im making a wild stab here :s

Dopevape,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
-he is correct about the particules, they collect after a while of heavy usage on the inside of the stem.

Aha! If that's what he meant, I understand. It's not easy clearing out the stem without removing the screen, and I know replacing the screen can sometimes be tricky.

pakalolo,

Vapodudule

I think i will edit my review as i go along with it, this was based on a single use with custom stem with less than 0.05.

By particules i mean the proximity of material and basic filtering (one is enough though) make this device probable to inhale vegetal particules in your lung.

Vapodudule,

Dopevape

Aha! If that's what he meant, I understand. It's not easy clearing out the stem without removing the screen, and I know replacing the screen can sometimes be tricky.
I think i will edit my review as i go along with it, this was based on a single use with custom stem with less than 0.05.

By particules i mean the proximity of material and basic filtering (one is enough though) make this device probable to inhale vegetal particules in your lung.

Nono Paka its about the vegetable particles comming thru the screen and a probable inhaling of them as well. I also meant particles sticking on the sides inside the stem :) i don't clean it very often :p.
I think most of the time you are prone to inhaling some particles at the most when vaping, this should not at all be the case as we want it as clean as possible tho some vapes... Depends on using filter or not i guess.
Try grinding a little less fine might also be solution.
If you would like that the GonG adapter is your best choice then a waterpiece of your choice and your ready to go.

Dopevape,
Top Bottom