Discontinued The Hammer Vaporizer

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
I would like to invite the FC Community to check out the newest handheld, portable vaporizer on the market, the Hammer Vaporizer.

The Hammer is a compact, butane-powered handheld vaporizer designed to go anywhere with a unique (patent pending) combustion chamber that keeps your clean air separate from the flame.

Features:
* It's portable. At under 5" tall, the Hammer can easily fit in your pocket or purse.
* It's powerful. The vapor from the Hammer is strong and thick, not soft and wispy. It very much feels like you are smoking.
* It's fast. The Hammer can vaporize an entire load in 90 seconds. The fluid temperature control dial allows you to vaporize as quickly or slowly as you like.
* It runs on butane. No electricity, no cords, no waiting for batteries to charge. Butane refills in seconds, not hours like batteries.
* It's clean. Air passes directly through a stainless steel heat exchanger and then through a borosilicate glass tube. The vapor that you are breathing stays pure, butane exhaust does not enter the airpath.
* It's efficient. The small, single serving bowl helps you conserve.

I really think you guys will like the Hammer Vaporizer. It was created by a guy that is truly passionate about vaporizing and has spent 14 years developing and perfecting it. It's a product that I use everyday myself and has completely replaced my other smoking methods. I hope you will check it out and would appreciate anything you could do to help us get the word out.

Although the Hammer Vaporizer normally retails at $139.99, I would like to offer a special price to the FC Community of $119.99 with free shipping (USA only). The special price can be accessed at http://www.hammervapestore.com/collections/vaporizers/products/hammer-vaporizer-special

You can learn more about the Hammer and how it works at www.thehammervaporizer.com and www.hammervapestore.com. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about the product. I would love to hear your feedback!

Below is a few pictures and video of the Hammer...

399450_471825566180917_639463249_n.jpg

562843_471825549514252_1748684101_n.jpg

581951_471825699514237_517157679_n.jpg

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I was wondering when you guys would start up a thread here; this looks like a great alternative to powered vapes for a camping trip or whatnot.

How much runtime does it get off of a single fill? And what is the nail in the package for?

CentiZen,

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
I was wondering when you guys would start up a thread here; this looks like a great alternative to powered vapes for a camping trip or whatnot.

How much runtime does it get off of a single fill?

Glad to be here!

A single butane fill will generally last for 4-5 loads. It may vary though based on outside air temperature, altitude, your preferred temp setting, etc. Averaging 2-3 loads per day, I fill my Hammer about every other day and a large can of butane (about 6oz I think, approx. $5 USD) has lasted me well over 2 months. If you are camping for more than a night or two, or with big group, you would probably want to pack a small can of butane.

Thanks for the question! Let me know if I can answer any more.

Hammer Vaporizer,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Sorry, I had edited my post after you quoted it; I was also wondering what the nail that comes in the package was for?

CentiZen,

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
And what is the nail in the package for?

The nail is for positioning the screen in the hitter before your first use. The screen will lock into place when positioned properly, though it can sometimes be a bit tricky to get the screen in the first time you try it. We considered pre-inserting the screens, but we think it's good for people to learn how to do it so when they go to change the screen or clean the hitter they are comfortable putting a new one in.

You can also use it for stirring/clearing the bowl or even building a fort :)

Here is a clip from the instructions...

404013_488252711204869_916337315_n.jpg

Hammer Vaporizer,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
What's up with this? Isn't there already is a vape called the Hammer over at Delta9Vapes?
oh shit... I forgot about that... really it is just an attachment for the persei though. I don't think this will dilute their brand in a tangible way; the hammer is already a generation behind as the bender has moved in as their herb vaporizer that they are advertising.

CentiZen,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
What's the bowl size on the glass mouthpieces?
Is there a chance that it wouldn't ignite even if it is 25% low on butane?

Looks really nice, I was quite uninterested in using butane in my future but I also hate charging things.

paytonpenn,

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
What's the bowl size on the glass mouthpieces?
Is there a chance that it wouldn't ignite even if it is 25% low on butane?

Looks really nice, I was quite uninterested in using butane in my future but I also hate charging things.

The bowl is about the same as a standard blown glass one-hitter. It's really designed for individual consumption. I can usually get 5-6 good vapor hits per bowl, but I keep my temp set pretty low (around 40%) as I prefer to get more, softer hits. Since the temperature control is fluid, you can micro-adjust it based on your personal preference... some people prefer to set it a bit higher and get fewer, but thicker vapor hits.

You can use it until the fuel tank is empty, but it may not heat up as fast or work as consistently if it gets too low. At 25% capacity you shouldn't see any change in performance, at 5-10% you might.

Check out the FAQ page for more details on why the Hammer uses butane instead of electric/batteries http://www.hammervapestore.com/pages/faq

Hammer Vaporizer,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
When you say "work as consistently" what do you mean by that?
Would the temperature be inconsistent and does the heat rely on you pressing the button?
For example lets say I am hitting it and upon exhalation I let off of the button but am ready for my next hit, should I have just continued holding the button down if I want to keep hitting it or would I have to wait again for it to go back to my desired temperature since I let go of the button.

paytonpenn,

OF

Fun little product. Looks like it's built on a fairly common cheap gas powered soldering iron (I have one like it):
http://www.amazon.com/Wall-Lenk-LSP...284721&sr=8-16&keywords=butane+soldering+iron

Kind of a cross between it and an (indirectly heated) VG heat style exchanger feeding a glass PD style stem?

And while D9 might have a hammer, it's a cart (that is you hear "Hammer cart" used together), it still looks like a nail to me. This is all getting too confusing......

OF

OF,

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
When you say "work as consistently" what do you mean by that?
Would the temperature be inconsistent and does the heat rely on you pressing the button?
For example lets say I am hitting it and upon exhalation I let off of the button but am ready for my next hit, should I have just continued holding the button down if I want to keep hitting it or would I have to wait again for it to go back to my desired temperature since I let go of the button.

Much like a butane lighter/torch, if the Hammer gets very low on fuel it may sputter/flame out. It's obviously best to just fill it before that point.

Pressing the button ignites the flame, which heats the outside of the heat exchanger (the inner stainless steel airpath). If it's hot enough, you will still be able to vape when not pressing the button, but it will lose heat quickly and the vapor will begin to thin out. I tend to hold the button down as I begin to inhale and feel the vapor, then let off midway through the hit.

Once it is warmed up, you will just need to hold down the button for a few seconds to get it back up to temp, then repeat inhaling and letting off the button as you take another hit.

It will take most users 2-3 sessions to get a good feel for the temperature settings and when to hold the button down or let off as it needs more/less heat. This may discourage some users who want more of a "plug-and-play" experience, but more experienced vaporizer users will get the hang of it very quickly, be able to produce a very consistent result and appreciate how much control it gives you over your experience.

Thanks for the great questions and feedback!

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
Fun little product. Looks like it's built on a fairly common cheap gas powered soldering iron (I have one like it):
http://www.amazon.com/Wall-Lenk-LSP-25-SOLDERPRO-Soldering/dp/B000N8HEI0/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1346284721&sr=8-16&keywords=butane soldering iron

Kind of a cross between it and an (indirectly heated) VG heat style exchanger feeding a glass PD style stem?

And while D9 might have a hammer, it's a cart (that is you hear "Hammer cart" used together), it still looks like a nail to me. This is all getting too confusing......

OF

There is a slight resemblance ;). The fuel tank and ignition button are relatively standard parts, it's the upper half of the Hammer that makes it what it is.

The Hammer functions much like a hotbox vape, but feels like a lighter and one-hitter. I don't really know enough about how those other vapes work to respond about the differences/similarities.

Hammer Vaporizer,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hey guys. I saw this vaporizer on GrassCity forum a few weeks ago. I happened to pick one up for a review. I had been waiting for him to get his badge here so he could make this post.

It is a really neat little unit. It has been fun to test out. I reminds me of a one hit dugout with it's own heat source. You can load up about as much as you would with one of those fake ceramic cigarette bats.

I can confirm that this is actually works, and it well built. The first time I combusted with it, but after that I have dialed in the settings and have not combusted since.

The whole things reminds me so much of a one hitter. Probably the closest experience in vaporizing I can think of to the dugout experience. For my tolerance that means I would need to do like 10 bats in order to feel as medicated as I would some other devices.

Personally, for a little boost though it works perfectly. For instance: I am 15 minutes from home. I don't want to turn on another portable and use .25 grams when I will be home soon. I want to medicate though. This is perfect in that instance. You can do one hit, that for me will keep me going for the next 15-30 minutes. That gives me enough time to get home and use a desktop. It stops me from "double dose" by using a larger portable and the desktop so close in time.

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer

OF

There is a slight resemblance ;). The fuel tank and ignition button are relatively standard parts, it's the upper half of the Hammer that makes it what it is.

The Hammer functions much like a hotbox vape, but feels like a lighter and one-hitter. I don't really know enough about how those other vapes work to respond about the differences/similarities.

Nothing wrong with using an established lighter body if it's up to the task (and I'd think it would be). For sure the heat exchanger is different from a soldering iron. It's actually quite similar to what's done with Vapor Genie (which is why I mention it), although VG directly heats the heat exchanger (and therefore takes in lighter exhaust) where as your unit does not as I understand it?

I don't think it's really like a traditional one hitter (combustion) but rather more like 'stem vapes' which typically use a similar size 'bowl' (say .025 to .030 grams?) with a screen behind it which is inserted into the (electrically powered) heat exchanger. PD is one example (which I own), once popular but no longer made. There are several similar units still being made. They are known for clean taste and very frugal use of herb.

I think those two products (a butane lighter fired vape, and a class of convection vapes using similar configurations) are your main competition. One portable, one not. I don't think hotbox vapes are at a number of levels. Perhaps when you get a some time you might do a little market research in that direction? For example, how stem vapes handle ABV and loading. Lots of the issues have been explored and worked out.

Otherwise, fun idea, be worth watching IMO.

Thanks.

OF

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
It's actually quite similar to what's done with Vapor Genie (which is why I mention it), although VG directly heats the heat exchanger (and therefore takes in lighter exhaust) where as your unit does not as I understand it?

I don't think it's really like a traditional one hitter (combustion) but rather more like 'stem vapes' which typically use a similar size 'bowl' (say .025 to .030 grams?) with a screen behind it which is inserted into the (electrically powered) heat exchanger.

Yep the flame stays out of the vapor path. All the butane and heat goes up and around the heat-sink.

It holds much less then a PD or UD stem. It holds about the same amount as one of those ceramic cigarette bat:

dugoutcigarettebatLg.jpg

It would take 2-3 little stems to equal the amount you would use in an UD stem for instance.

Slightly Medicated how does the taste compare to other vapes you've used.

It is great. The butane stays out of the vapor path. So you are really inhaling through the metal and the glass. The flavor is better then some of the other portables I have tried.

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
You forgot The Texas Hammer... I remember his commercials from growing up in Houston.

Armie Hammer:

Armie-Hammer-The-Social-Network.jpg

Hammer and Sickle:

414px-Hammer_and_sickle.svg.png

Hammer Mario:

10hammer-mario.png%3Fw%3D485

The Misery Hammer... OUCH!

misery_l.jpg

Power Rangers Lion Hammer:

lion-hammer.jpg

:lol: Some good additions SliM... hope you don't mind if I add them to the Facebook album. Looks like you might even be able to vape out of the Power Rangers one.

Hammer Vaporizer,

upperlevel

I can't imagine less material in a stem than I put in my UD! I guess UD stems are different for everybody, depending how hot your UD is.

upperlevel,

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
I can't imagine less material in a stem than I put in my UD! I guess UD stems are different for everybody, depending how hot your UD is.

I would say the Hammer hitter holds .06g-.08g depending on how full/loose you pack it. You could force the screen down a little past the groove if you wanted to load more I guess. I will try to measure the exact optimal amount next time I am around a scale. As I mentioned before, I can draw 5-6 good vapor hits out of a load, but tend to take smaller, softer hits than others who will get 2-3 decent thick hits per load.

Hammer Vaporizer,
Top Bottom