Discontinued The Hammer Vaporizer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Nono Paka its about the vegetable particles comming thru the screen and a probable inhaling of them as well. I also meant particles sticking on the sides inside the stem :) i don't clean it very often :p.
I think most of the time you are prone to inhaling some particles at the most when vaping, this should not at all be the case as we want it as clean as possible tho some vapes... Depends on using filter or not i guess.
Try grinding a little less fine might also be solution.
If you would like that the GonG adapter is your best choice then a waterpiece of your choice and your ready to go.

I understand. I was thinking you meant bigger particles, the kind that are grit in your mouth. There's no doubt that really fine particles get through. That makes the vapor harsher but also thicker, because those fine particles provide surfaces on which the vapour can condense, which gives it a cloudier appearance. Some people like that. Some people think you need to "cough to get off." These two groups will not be upset.

pakalolo,

satyrday

Hammer's weak link is the screen system. Too easy for screen to tilt and let herb past. Solo stems are superior in comparison where screen has perforated glass partition to sit against.

Also, yes raw butane does exhaust for a moment after you release the trigger.

satyrday,
Hammer's weak link is the screen system. Too easy for screen to tilt and let herb past. Solo stems are superior in comparison where screen has perforated glass partition to sit against.

Also, yes raw butane does exhaust for a moment after you release the trigger.

Totally agree with you as it relates to the original stems - I hated that screen design. The custom stems and the Gong eliminated that problem, though. The screens sit in there perfectly without curling them. It has completely changed how and when I use this vape, and I love it more and more every time.

TheDudeNextDoor,
Reactions: Head Tools

satyrday

Totally agree with you as it relates to the original stems - I hated that screen design. The custom stems and the Gong eliminated that problem, though. The screens sit in there perfectly without curling them. It has completely changed how and when I use this vape, and I love it more and more every time.
Yes, I am referring to the original stems.

Are you referring to the regular lock-on stems, the special colored ones, or both? Whichever, good to hear they've improved the screen situation.

satyrday,
Yes, I am referring to the original stems.

Are you referring to the regular lock-on stems, the special colored ones, or both? Whichever, good to hear they've improved the screen situation.

The clear lock-on stems have a wider lip, but the bowl itself tapers so that the screens fit about the same as the original stems. The custom colored stems and the Gong, though, have broader bowls that do not taper; the screens slide nicely into place without any manipulation of the screen shape at all. Much, much better design and much more user friendly. It has completely changed the Hammer for me. I highly recommend both for any Hammer owner.

Wanted to add some pictures, but I guess the edit button disappears after awhile? Anyway, sorry mods.

Here are some pics of the four stem types: Custom, Hands-free, Gong, Original.

j11TAWy.jpg

Here's a close-up so you can see the difference in the bowls: Gong and Custom have the same bowls and the screen fits without alteration; Hands-free has a wider bowl than the Original, but note the taper means the screen has to be shaped on both. As you can tell, these have been well-used. :)

vwB3f5a.jpg

Vapodudule

For the second use, it happens to me several issues i wasn't able to make the hammer hammering:
  • The settings for gas flowing have to be left at the minimum, touching it make it no flame working at all
  • The flame on my hummer doesn't last more than 20 seconds, so i have to click the button back (the gas keeping flowing). Then the regular flame reappears once or two but for a few seconds. Then there is a point where all gas around the device makes a "bang". and when the hammer is medium hot, there is a point where no regular flame is lighten. and eventually there is a burning mode where all my hammer is in fire with a 15 cm flame high above the unit. this incorrect flame is stable in time.
  • I didn't try but may be when the regular flame is down you need to shake the unit to dilute gas to make a correct flame. may be the saturation of gas around the unit make it unable to enlight the correct flame mode.
It seems that my hammer doesn't work properly anymore. At the fisrt place i am going to blame the gas i putted in it, i am no sure it is a 100% butane or if it is a mixed gas. I putted this product in the tank (gazo7 pyro gaz)
http://www.energiedistribution.fr/c...100ml-pour-allume-gaz-fabrique-en-france.html

I am not sure if the hammer is designed to accept only 100% butane gas or mixed gas for normal lighter.

Does anyone have the same behavior? does manufacturer can talk about it and answer my question?

I still believe this device is a correct vapo but i still don't master it. (the first use was ok).

peace.

Vapodudule,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
I am not familiar with he brand of fuel that you are using, but the Hammer is designed for use with 100% butane fuel. FC member Dopevape has also had problems with uncommon (bad) fuels, but he solved his problem by purging the fuel tank.

How to purge your fuel tank: Only perform this operation in a well ventilated area.
Use a wooden matchstick to depress the brass filling valve on the bottom of the Hammer. This will cause all of the fuel to spray out of the tank at once (it will be very cold on your hand). Now that the fuel tank is empty, refill the Hammer with 100% butane fuel. It may be necessary to do this operation several times to remove all traces of the bad fuel. Basically you are rinsing out your fuel tank with clean fuel.

*A brand new Hammer also contains some air in the fuel tank that can cause the flame to be unstable. Filling and purging the tank is also the best way to get that last bit of air out of your tank.

NO MORE wispy HITS

OF

I am not familiar with he brand of fuel that you are using, but the Hammer is designed for use with 100% butane fuel.

Really? Not that I think there's a lot of practical difference, but perhaps the most respected 'tane out there (5X Vector), like similar brands, is 11% Propane:
http://www.vectorkgm.com/catalog/butane/Vector_Gas_MSDS.pdf

I'm not sure you can buy 100% Butane in cans for lighters, anyone have an example? Not only is it very hard to remove the Propane there, but it has a practical use I described above. In fact 'winter blends' of LNG have extra added (costs more you know) for home use in snow country.

OF

OF,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
My bad... you are correct.

However, butane fuels packaged for purposes other than refilling lighters may not be suitable for the Hammer

Head Tools,

OF

However, butane fuels packaged for purposes other than refilling lighters may not be suitable for the Hammer

That's my understanding as well. Like I said, I understand it costs extra to make.

Several years ago a friend and I were blazing (yeah, I know.....) and it was real cold for California. Strange cold white stuff was drifting out of the sky and landing on the ground for a bit as we waited out the sun. His lighter stalled, mine didn't but needed adjustment. He put his in his shirt pocked under his coat for a while and it started working. Turns out his was filled with Butane stove fuel with a funny little adapter he had. We bought a can of gas in the local store and all sins were forgiven. Would have been a bummer to have gone snow camping with that stove.....

OF

OF,

Vapodudule

thanks for quick reply. This can is precisely designed for lighters as i use it for months in a torch lighter.

The trauma of mail path could have hurt something? Could the lack of settings could be related to an unappropriate gas or deficient flaw setting in this particular unit?

I will try to catch some more pure gaz and purge the tank.

I tried today: good flame stood for 20 sec i could light it up twice for very brief instant, 2 bangs, i stopped here. i precise that i pushed button several times repeatedly.

My FV made the job with a very fresh S2 battery as the battery from the day before did nothing.

Vapodudule,

OF

This can is full of gaz as we assume mixed and above all made for lighter exclusively and not cheap one. The trauma of mail path could have hurt something? I will try to catch some more pure gaz and purge the tank.

I tried today: good flame stood for 20 sec i could light it up twice for very brief instant, 2 bangs, i stopped here. i precise that i pushed button several times repeatedly.

My FV made the job with a very fresh S2 battery as the battery from the day before did nothing.

Just a random thought, when I've fought this (Iolite is great for such issues) I'd shake it some. I'm not sure if it helps, but it made me feel like I was doing something. Otherwise, 'fill and dump' (but not completely) should do it. Watch out for liquid on your hands (or worse yet face) and be careful not to 'tweak' the valve stem, they're not all that strong usually.

Good luck, as you know it's well worth getting going.

OF

OF,

Head Tools

Manufacturer
This can is full of gaz as we assume mixed and above all made for lighter exclusively and not cheap one. The trauma of mail path could have hurt something? I will try to catch some more pure gaz and purge the tank.

Damage is unlikely since the Hammer is working sometimes (usually, a Hammer won't work at all if it is broken). It sounds like you have an unstable flame and just need to purge the tank again.

Also, your altitude and the temperature of the fuel can alter the flame... Try different flame settings or try warming the Hammer in your pocket for 10 minutes.

OF gives a perfect example below

it was real cold for California.

His lighter stalled, mine didn't but needed adjustment. He put his in his shirt pocked under his coat for a while and it started working. Turns out his was filled with Butane stove fuel with a funny little adapter he had. We bought a can of gas in the local store and all sins were forgiven. Would have been a bummer to have gone snow camping with that stove.....

OF

Head Tools,

Vapodudule

You are right for alternative fonctionning.One of my question is why 20 seconds of functionning and then crappy behavior.

In the other hand i feel that the flow settings is outranged. no flame will light above 20% setting. can the range of wheel flaw setting can easily be re-ranged by user?

I will try to maintain 37 c° on the tank (i am in a very tempered area at 200m altitude) and then purge if no improvement.

is this gas is good? http://www.sarome.com/products/smokingarticles/supplies/gas_canister.html

May be read thread again. thanks for help.

Vapodudule,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I found that the GonG stem works great, and I'm not attaching it to anything but the hammer, draw right off of it.

Head Tools

Manufacturer
I finally got around to making some stems that don't use a metal screen.

Check it out... Lock-On-Stem with an integrated glass screen. Screen section is about 1/2" long and has 7 holes (in honeycomb formation). Each hole is about 2mm diameter

264509_611177828912356_88806527_n.jpg

Close up of the screen...

255592_611178398912299_1609621317_n.jpg

NO MORE wispy HITS

Vapodudule

Great stem looking, i think the lock-on stem or anyone can be moded with extra screens too.

Good news: i purged and i think i overfilled the hammer. The quality of gas was right but there were too much!the good flame stood as long as i pushed the button.

I can hammer again!

Thank you for support.:tup:

hoyo77

I finally got around to making some stems that don't use a metal screen.

Check it out... Lock-On-Stem with an integrated glass screen. Screen section is about 1/2" long and has 7 holes (in honeycomb formation). Each hole is about 2mm diameter

Close up of the screen...

NO MORE wispy HITS
I be wanting one of them bad boys...let me know when it is up so i can order.

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Pictures removed.

hoyo77,

Hammer Vaporizer

Manufacturer
Hey FC,

Glad to see everyone is enjoying their Hammers with the lock-on kit :D.

I just added 10 more Custom Stems to the site (Designs #017-#026 at http://www.thehammervaporizer.com/collections/custom-stems). Also, the prices on the Custom Stems that are left over from the first series (#001-#016) have been reduced by a bit.

Here are my personal favorites from the new series:

hammer-vaporizer-custom-stem-023_1024x1024.jpg

hammer-vaporizer-custom-stem-020_1024x1024.jpg

Also, I know a few of you are interested in the "screenless" stems David posted pics of a few days ago. I'll get some of those up on the site for you later this week as well.

Aaron

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
^sweet thanks

one of my original non locking stems rolled off the table and broke, opps

now we just need another 4/20 sale...:tup:

vaporonly,
Frick on a stick! I short set a Soul Shine tube on the table today, and it jumped out of my hand and shattered itself on the floor. As if that's not bad enough, it took half my Hammer Gong with it. :rant:

TheDudeNextDoor,
Top Bottom