Discontinued The Grasshopper

almost there

@almost there: Try cleaning your backend power contact and your battery contacts. I simply wipe mine off with my fingers, after I've washed and dried my hands of course.

That seems to do the trick for me when my units are losing power. If that doesn't work you could try cleaning the backend threads and inside power contact.
I clean the inside every week so that should be pretty dust and oil free, I'm pretty uptight about maintainance . In any case, the missing dry mp from my hydro brick maxx finally arrived today so I probably won't be worried about this little problem for a while. It's still a fun little toy, just not one I take too seriously.

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
still loving mine...without a hiccup for nine months...5-7 sessions a week...

...7 months on SS, used at least once per day, no problems...

owner since august 2016 of my Ti...my basal level is at about .75 uses per day...heavier when its feasible. bought 2 Tis and other one is still untouched. still same 4 v1 batteries in rotation since purchase. dont use through any glass anymore - just native quick runs. honestly i wouldnt call this the "funnest" of my vapes to use (hot lips) but i do appreciate how much time i spend NOT using it, if that makes sense. we have a strictly business relationship and dont really interact otherwise - the way it should be imo. my amazon rating would be 5 stars for my individual gh.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Folks, I finally will test the infamous GrassHopper!

A second hand dark grey titanium unit is on my way, the previous owner registered the unit so I'll have to pay some $ to get my GH warrantied if something is turning wrong,can I ask how much it is , please?

biohacker

can I ask how much it is , please?

Only because you said please, $45USD. You can search in this thread and find out every detail of it, but it's pretty simple. I do appreciate your manners though, something that I have noticed rarely exists in our entitled society these days.

You can also wait to transfer it when an RMA is needed, out of the 4 GH's i've sold, only 1 has taken me up on the transfer, although i'm just waiting for the PM to do so again, as it's always only a matter of time.

Looking forward to your feedback bro, especially with your recent Inhalater 6S, which I think the GH kicks the living shit out of, when/if it works properly. But completely apples and oranges with the different heating physics and just overall technology.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Dumb question time.....is the silver clip removable?

Not a dumb question! The clip is built in to the backend. If your material is stuck in the chamber when you're done, you can unscrew the back end and use the clip as a scoop ... at which point you'll wish it was magnetic and could just come of by itself so not a dumb question at all

biohacker

Dumb question time.....is the silver clip removable?

It is not. However, I believe you can slightly bend it if need be, because it can scratch the shit out of your SS or Ti GH. You will notice a nice circle around where the end meets the body, from removing and installing the back end, like when changing your battery.

I would prefer no clip, but then it wouldn't look as much as a fancy pen (not that I would mind).

And it's not a dumb question bro, the only dumb questions are the ones that have been answered ad nauseam IMO.

MoltenTiger

the clip is removable, but only permanently.

I read someone on reddit was trying to bend it to prevent scratches, and snapped it off. So be careful bending it (it's not actually that prone to breaking, but obviously take it easy). The unit will scratch in other places, if you really want to save the clip ring scratch use some tape or heat shrink.
Or just rotate the body and hold the back-end stationary.

My clip's saved mine a few times from rolling off tables and the like, but it's really not convenient to use as a stoker for the chamber - I use my shoelace ends (aglet) over it lol

It's handy to slip it over a belt loop too, to avoid getting lint stuck to the mouthpiece from pockets

ChooChooCharlie

Found a serene spot in a Japanese garden today.
I believe this was their original name for the hopper.

PIA3mwQ.jpg

frank grimes

Anyone have a grasshopper that makes a soft ticking sound while turned on? GHL says its the heating element turning on and off to regulate the temperature and the sound is normal. Has anyone had problems because of this ticking?

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Think the reason is that it's the heater getting pulsed with electricity and why this vaporizer is named "Grasshopper"... I am pretty sure it been said before and someone here can confirm

Anyone have a grasshopper that makes a soft ticking sound while turned on? GHL says its the heating element turning on and off to regulate the temperature and the sound is normal. Has anyone had problems because of this ticking?

Mine ticks and gets more ticky with a low battery. I contacted vapefiend (UK supplier) and they said completely normal. Still functions fine. Also lets you know the heater is working.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Got my SS Hopper back in my hands ... waiting for it to warm up to room temp and for condensation on the metal to evaporate before I give it a try ...

6 business days was delivery time using the USPS Priority service they offer ($20 more than the regular option) - trackable/scanned all the way from start to finish
8 business days for USPS Small Packet - no tracking beyond border
9 business days for UPS Mail Innovations - barely any tracking and none beyond border

I would guess you could trim off a day or so if you live in Southern Ontario or maybe up to 3 if you are on the West coast.

frank grimes

Mine ticks and gets more ticky with a low battery. I contacted vapefiend (UK supplier) and they said completely normal. Still functions fine. Also lets you know the heater is working.

Thanks, that's good to know. How long have you had your grasshopper and has it been ticking since you got it? I just got mine and it didn't start ticking until midway through my 3rd session (probably after the 15th draw from that battery). And my friend who got a grasshopper too at the same time, his is still quiet after several sessions.

frank grimes,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

biohacker

Got my SS Hopper back in my hands ... waiting for it to warm up to room temp and for condensation on the metal to evaporate before I give it a try ...

6 business days was delivery time using the USPS Priority service they offer ($20 more than the regular option) - trackable/scanned all the way from start to finish

Can't wait to hear your report, for that extra $20 man I hope it will work like a dream! Otherwise you won't be very zen about that pen.

Thanks, that's good to know. How long have you had your grasshopper and has it been ticking since you got it? I just got mine and it didn't start ticking until midway through my 3rd session (probably after the 15th draw from that battery). And my friend who got a grasshopper too at the same time, his is still quiet after several sessions.

I've had a bunch of these and my experience has been the same, sometimes it's quiet, sometimes it ticks, it's all random IME, and perhaps contingent on the health of your GH and/or battery.

JoeMama

Hey gang...
Just a pop-in to share (what may already have been shared, sorry if so!)

Just happened to get one of those GHL emails and noticed a video posted a week ago on their "blog".
Rather than repost it, it was just a few frames of this that caught my attention.

I'd never thought about using a firm-bristle brush on the threads! Me, of course, I'll certainly do this after my monthly DeToxit application to those threads. I just wish I could find a brush that fits inside the backside of the Hopper (where the backend screws in). That spot is the toughest.

h7vB3pN.png

freshly baked

I hope this isn't a repost..., I just received my repaired Hopper today in the mail and noticed a few differences. First off, the button feels much more smooth when you click it. Also I notice after it times out it's no longer required to turn the unit off then back on again. You can simply let it timeout then click it once to bring it back on. Again sorry if its already been noted.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I hope this isn't a repost..., I just received my repaired Hopper today in the mail and noticed a few differences. First off, the button feels much more smooth when you click it. Also I notice after it times out it's no longer required to turn the unit off then back on again. You can simply let it timeout then click it once to bring it back on. Again sorry if its already been noted.

First I've read about it...thats a significant change.

Thanks for posting.
I just wish I could find a brush that fits inside the backside of the Hopper

Would this not work well for that purpose?

Changwei Straw Cleaning Brush for Baby Bottles, Baby Sippy Cup, Teapot Spout

Top Bottom