1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. midgetsanchez

midgetsanchez Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HOLY FUCK GUYS IT'S HERE I HAVE IT! (Holiday backer!) I'll be taking pics and posting more in a bit! Let me know what you guys wanna know! I'm simultaneously ecstatic and fucking smacked, so bear with me.

GRASSHOPPER FUCK YEAH!

Edit: I'm a holiday backer who got his early (unfortunately they only selected a few early ones, and everyone else can expect theirs to ship in backer/preorder order. But, on the upside other backers should be seeing their units this month.

After backing this in November of 2013 I'm pretty damn happy. Grasshopper delivers, and exceeds my expectations.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Tiny88, Bdubbdiblets, AJS and 91 others like this.
  2. lovecrush

lovecrush http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ

I just got a boner :c

3. Kalessin

Kalessin Well-Known Member

Has it completed your life? haha Edit: Real question, did you get a session extender, and if so, did you pay for it? Just curious

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    divinetribe and friedrich like this.
  4. We5d

We5d Well-Known Member

Fuck yeah!!! That's SS right? Or Ti?

divinetribe likes this.
  5. VegNVape

VegNVape BBC Computer 32K Company Rep

[​IMG]
    :clap:

:peace:

6. caves

caves Living the vape life

Look guys, it's super real! :D Hooray!

Joel W., snamuh, VegNVape and 2 others like this.
  7. hi_there

hi_there Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!!

8. midgetsanchez

Some more pics. http://imgur.com/a/nZaSR This feels incredibly well-built and solid (I got the SS model for now). The bowl has a smaller diameter but greater width than most vapes I've used, which would make sense in a true convection vape. I'll be reporting back with more later. BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT SINCE 2013

9. tr33sPlease

tr33sPlease Well-Known Member

You win!!!

I am so pumped...and I prolly have at least a month to go, haha.

Vapoholic420 likes this.
  10. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

Please provide milk videos attached to glass so we can see the clouds! I wanna see a real one whitewall a piece so I can give these people my money already lol

EDIT: OMG THE GRASSHOPPER THREAD IS FINALLY REAL! I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY!!!!!111

11. nikcorda

nikcorda Well-Known Member

congrats!! so happy to see the original backers finally getting them in their hands.

peaceonearth, Vapoholic420 and OMEiAM like this.
  12. namasteIII

namasteIII Well-Known Member

Once you've had more time with it could you comment on taste and vapor quality. I know what @BuzzDanklin thinks but I feel this part is quite subjective and thus I want as many opinions on the topic as possible.

13. We5d

We5d Well-Known Member

Please send me your grasshopper, stop hogging it

14. aushizz

aushizz Member

Sweet. Let the fun begin.

Vapoholic420 likes this.
  15. vapebuddy13

vapebuddy13 Your resident Super Hero

... this thread just made my day after being away from electronics all day... this thing is REAL!!!!

16. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

@midgetsanchez , how harsh is that tiny vapor path? Any vapes you can compare it to?

Oh, and what is the moon phase and local humidity? What strain? What are you wearing right now? Were you sitting, standing, crouching or lying down? Have you ever seen a grown man in his underwear?

17. Mister G

Mister G Deceptively Old Fart

I am noticing that more grasshoppers are making their way out into the world and into the hands of users.

Edit - page 1 new thread, so now it's really official, no more hiding. :ninja:

18. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

This is now the official thread. The nonsense of the candidate thread will not be tolerated. Please limit shipping discussions to the Grasshopper Shipping Poll thread. This means (but is not limited to) queue order, shipping dates, order dates, or tracking info. Thanks for your cooperation.

NorVape, 2clicker, NickDlow and 26 others like this.
  19. XeroRespect

XeroRespect This too shall PAX...

Excellent news...

AnthoFranco, peaceonearth and lwien like this.
  20. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Agree. I know I've been a pretty harsh critic, but it's nice to see these Hoppers finally making it out into the world. Anxiously waiting on future reviews.

21. vapebuddy13

vapebuddy13 Your resident Super Hero

I like the reason: We're off! haha can't wait to see feedback from other peeps, tho said the waiting nonsense must end

We5d likes this.
  22. Spinuch

Spinuch Well-Known Member

Something that is bothering me is how fragile the insulation is. I understand it's sandwiched between metals but I can't help but wonder if it could break when dropped. For instance if the top is off and you drop it on the exposed end of the chamber. Obviously this is pure speculation. I have no idea what the insulation is like, but I'd like to know if this sort of thing is covered under the lifetime warranty? I hope it's not an issue and that I don't have a crystal ball of doom.

23. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac Well-Known Member

Click to play YouTube Video

24. midgetsanchez

So first impressions:

EXCEPTIONAL build quality. Even better than my Storz & Bickel products...this just feels remarkably solid and well-built. I've owned lots of portables (MFLB, Thermovape T1, PAX, Crafty to name a few) but this just blows the rest out of the water. I have the stainless model, it's heavy in a good way.

It's shorter than I thought; it's actually shorter than most of my actual (writing) pens.

It heats up absurdly fast and the temp dial is amazing!

Some criticisms:

The unit, especially the mouthpiece gets very hot with extended use....I think the best technique to use this would be to pulse the switch off/on during a session to allow it to cool. Since it's actually convection the herbs stop cooking when it shuts off if you don't draw. The silicon mouthpiece is a definite must, otherwise it's uncomfortable to use when it gets this hot. THAT SAID, it does seem to cool off very quickly. Again, I only have the stainless model (perhaps I should have gone Ti...)

I'm very, very happy though overall.

MoltenTiger, Pipes, NorVape and 46 others like this.
  25. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

Faint glimmers of hope...I love my Crafty. The vapor can't be as cool...or can it???

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors