1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

10% off Ti ... PFE Ti front ends now available too.

2. kato1234

kato1234 Well-Known Member

That is a 14650 battery GH batteries are a 12650. In batteries smaller means less power. Don't trust Alibaba for power ratings they are always too high. I own 14650 batteries. They are the same size around as a AA and a bit longer. AA are 14500 sized. If GH had a battery technology that worked even a little better than existing li-ion batteries they would sell it and not vape devices and be very wealthy. First 2 numbers in battery size are diameter and next 2 are length. When they started this they already had batteries. Where did they come from?

Hjalmark and JCat like this.
  3. kaisersosay415

kaisersosay415 Well-Known Member

Hello I have a question in regards to warranty. I'm plan on buying a second hand hopper with a warranty that has not yet been registered. Will I be able to register this under my name when I get it or will warranty be void being it second hand. Thanks in advance

JCat likes this.
  4. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

If it hasn't been registered yet than you can no problem

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  5. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

Make sure you get the box with the hopper. There is a number affixed to it that you need to submit a RMA.

WakeAndVape and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  6. slcbdco

slcbdco Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

My guess is the Easter Bunny but no doubt the alchemy mashine that made the heater can certainly cough up a battery!

Gregori, WakeAndVape and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  7. abcd5432

abcd5432 Well-Known Member

Ugh... I want the 20% off but I no joke would get the grasshopper and never use it. Just keep it for the lifetime warranty for 1-2 years. This 20% off would really only cover my 2 shipments for warranty so I guess I can call it that....

Is this seriously not 20% off all and only the normal and the stainless to is 10%? Meh... Please don't be true.

Gregori likes this.
  8. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Just to clarify, 20% off HT, 10% off Ti, 0% off Stainless. :peace:

Vapor_Eyes and JCat like this.
  9. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Been a while since I did flower (Dab binge). Got a mystery strain in the Grasshopper , listening to Bone Thugs N Harmony on Youtube .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

10. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Why's it always such a mystery, does your purchases not come with labels? Do you not ask? Do u request for a surprise each time?:hmm:

Hjalmark, JCat, GreenHopper and 2 others like this.
  11. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Great question, It really depends on how I feel sometimes I will ask for the strain name and no prob my connect gives it to me, when I want to live on the dangerous side I prefer not to know .

12. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Wonder if the mystery is how many times he keeps giving u the same stuff before u noticed:rofl:, I'm just kidding.

Hjalmark, JCat, AJS and 3 others like this.
  13. jivebuggered

jivebuggered Well-Known Member

Hi did you make the pouch yourself? If not info please. Ta

Hjalmark likes this.
  14. akwardsauce

akwardsauce gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch

hey guys, happy...nvm...

Hjalmark, ooo, slcbdco and 1 other person like this.
  15. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Hjalmark, Vapor_Eyes and GreenHopper like this.
  16. slcbdco

slcbdco Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

Hey look it's me!

Happy 4/20 fellow hoppers!

17. biohacker

HAPPY 4/20! Just wanted to pass along that the Stainless Steel GH is in fact 10% off for today only!

$180usd for a SS!

Hogni, Vapor_Eyes, JCat and 1 other person like this.
  18. Robob

Robob Veteran Vaporist

Happy 4/20 FC users! Just checking in on progress of GH, how are the units performing these days? Any big issues? Or is it safe to utilize the 420 sale and feed my acquisition syndrome

highasakite likes this.
  19. biohacker

:worms::horse:
    :rofl:

Best to read and do your own research to make an informed decision IMO. However, Reddit is a way better resource than this thread, and HL are there as well. Much more activity and dialogue. Good luck with your decision, but if you do pull the trigger, please come back and share your experiences! There are far too many members here who don't.

20. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

For those of you with both a Ti and SS, if you were going to buy another, what would get? My Ti is on its last legs again, and if I'm going to get a spare, now would be the time

JCat, highasakite and biohacker like this.
  21. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

I think I'd save money and go with the SS.

22. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

Not worth the extra $ @Mr Mellish? What differences do you notice?

JCat likes this.
  23. biohacker

Yep, after owning multiples of both ti and ss, I don't think the ti is worth the extra cash, and definitely don't think the HT ones are worth even close to what they are asking.

I think the coloured Ti look awesome, but they can scratch up just as much as the SS. The lighter weight can be nice, but i'm just cheap fuck and since function is identical (no RMA difference! lol) i'd only buy a SS again unless the price spread was less.

I didn't like the raw ti (no colour) due to it looking like crap with scratches so easily, and looked too similar to a SS anyway. Hope that helps ya bro!

24. frank grimes

frank grimes Member

I've been lurking around the forums for quite some time now and I'm unsure if the grasshopper is a good buy. From the comments I read, most are complaints about delivery time but my main concern is durability. Too many horror stories about it being broken straight out of the box or soon thereafter. Anyone care to comment on the longevity of this machine? I know they offer lifetime warranty but I really don't want the hassle of going through the process if I don't have to. To grasshopper owners, how long did you have the machine and how often did you use it? Is it still going strong or is it wearing out? Also please let me know what generation grasshopper you have.

To people who have had problems, do you think it's because you mistreated the machine? I don't mean reckless behaviour but maybe a bang or a drop here and there. I'm the kind that babies the machine, in other words, I clean my machines meticulously and religiously. I don't really carry it out of the house and I'm careful not to bang or drop my machines. And I'm not a huge ripper so I never push my machine to the limit. Feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

25. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

I can't really comment on which is better, the SS or Ti, despite the fact that I own both, as I've never had either working 100%, and at all times at least one, if not both, were working quite badly. Both are currently away on RMA. When it does work, it's awesome though so am anxiously awaiting the return of my SS (my Ti is currently going in the other direction)

Vapor_Eyes and biohacker like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors