Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

doom79

OK thanks guys I just wrote an e-mail, I'll update with their response in case someone has a similar issue in the future. Also, do you guys hear a very quiet buzzing when the unit is on if you put your ear near the element? Probably normal, but just wanted to make sure.

doom79,

msemcee

Good news!

I just finished replacing the glass heater cover on my V-Tower.

Once I power it on, though, I notice a faint smell coming from the top of the heater. I'm pretty sure it is the small metal screen up against the ceramic heating tip.

..Is this a problem? I tried to adjust the screen but it seems it can't be installed NOT making contact with the heater end.

msemcee,

mtmd

well i just got my EXTREME! vaporizer haha. too bad i got no greens to use with it :/ it looks so pretty just sitting on my desk. hella light though... feels like im holding a piece of paper

mtmd,

whatfuelstherocket?

Anybody ever try vaping other things in this device other than just the good herb? My favorite is to put chamomile or mint in the chamber and sprinkle a fair amount of keef on top....tasty. Anyone else out there?

whatfuelstherocket?,

canadibus

Hey guys... been awhile since I posted here, but Ive got a question.

Its come time to give my extreme a good cleaning. Im wondering what are the best methods for cleaning my unit? What should I use to clean it? etc.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Also, Im still in love with this thing... Ive been converting people to vaporizers since I got the thing. So happy with it! :)

canadibus,

mikemc417

I just want to say that I got one of these a few weeks ago and I'm having great results, definitely a great purchase. One down side is the glass, I used it only 3 times before it broke, so I waited another week for a heater cover (I have a nice camera case for everything now). Once I figured out what temps work best for the bag or whip, its been better then expected I use both equally. While I'm at it, where do you guys get bigger bags and what's some good ideas for a mouth piece of some kind? Anyway, I was undecided on what to get (extreme is one of the few I haven't tested) and I'm glad I found this site because I just got done using it and am glad I got steered in the right direction.

*BTW: Are all the remotes junk or is it just mine (I'm going to stop using it for the fan, I push the bags to the limit and don't want to pop one) . The thing takes forever to register and was wondering if I'm the only person with this problem and if it is covered in the warranty.

mikemc417,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
My remote works pretty well. I've accidentally left bags running because the remote wasn't working (doesn't work if there is no line of sight). The bag won't pop, vapor just gets pushed out between the mouth piece and the bag. The buttons are a little hard to push and it's a little finicky but I prefer it to scrolling through the menu and adjusting the fan with temp controls.

bluntfaced,

mtmd

my remote works perfect. this device is amazing, well worth the money.

had a few heavy smoking friends over and we just got blazed, bag after bag. rate @ which it fills is nice and makes for constant vaping.

mtmd,

Mark

John Brown
You need a new battery dog, my remote works at least 6 feet away facing the wrong direction.

Mark,

thedeserttortoise

Finally. After 5 cheap (trying to save the bucks) type vap's, I've hit on the best. The Extreme for home use and the Vapor Genie on the road. To you guy's over at Ariser..... what engineering! You have in my mind created the perfect vaporizer. The whips just long enough to reach my bed from the nite stand even though I can't reach the Extreme......alas, no reach needed. Some stoner dude realized the benefit of a remote. Sheer genius. For a quick hit or two, I just cover the screen in the cyclone du hickey and watch it swirl around as I partake... awesome. A fast warm up coupled with very little temp. variation when drawing a hit and I rest assured of an ultimate buzz. Add to that...bags. Nothing like filling one up and kicking back to watch a movie. My hats off to everyone on this forum. I tried to cut corners...not listen to you guys and gals about what works. I spent enough trying to save money, I could have bought two Extremes and VG's. Anyone new here, trying to decide on a vaporizer, take heed. The old timers here have it down. Good luck and happy trails.... :)

thedeserttortoise,

NYC Vape

Hi All, from NYC.

I am quite happy I found this forum a week ago, and wanted to share my vaping experiences that led me here.

Last weekend I had my first opportunity to try a Volcano. I had heard about it quite a few years ago, but never wanted to invest in one without trying it first, and no one I knew was into vaping at all, let alone put up the cash for a Volcano.

So I bought a Vapordoc box type unit, and although I was able to get good vape hits, I found that the next day my lungs hurt. Not sure why, but I theorized the type of heater element
was metal, etc. Now after reading here I realize it was probably just the dry air. I stopped using the unit years ago, as did the 2 friends that also bought one on a group buy.

They I bought a VaporGenie, thinking that would be the ticket.
It worked a bit better, but ultimately I returned to bong for home and brass one hitters and bubblers when outside.

Fast forward to last weekend. The Volcano experience was just amazing. Great vapor that was nice and cool, and a light upbeat stone that lasted over 4 hours from just a single bag!!

I came home and was up till 6 am researching vape units. I was pretty sure I was just going to have to pony up and buy a used Volcano classic with the ez valve, but after reading many page from this thread, I was convinced that the Extreme was a better choice, and that the only thing I'd be missing was the EZ valve.

So my Extreme is on it's way to me (unfortunately not in time for the weekend.) I'm a little concerned about breaking the glass heater cover, which quite a few people seem to have experienced. I read SticksandStones great post on Vaporpedia, but there was no mention of how to avoid breaking this or the bowl. Maybe there should be a section added about it as well as some info about adding water cooling.

I'm now also wondering if I go the whip method (without water/ice cooling)will I get the same dry lung that I got with my box type unit? I'll probably be trying the bag method at first.

NYC Vape,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Don't take the bowl off until the unit is cool and if you do, do it very carefully and only wobble don't twist. Extreme bags are almost as good as volcano bags and a little more inconvenient but it's a great vape

bluntfaced,

Mckdenton

Hi, I got my first vap a couple years ago (vapair air-2). After being totally disappointed, discouraged and a few hundred bucks down I gave up on vaporizing. well gave up until 2-weeks ago when I got my Extreme from my local smoke shop. This time I researched heavily and came to the conclusion the Extreme was the vap for me. After my first use I was completely blow away, and HIGH. Best $314 I have ever spent. Since the purchase I haven't smoked(I even kicked my pack-a-day habit) the ole lungs feel great, and this new "clean" high is the beez kneez. I find myself using more often but I'm not mad. love the forum, tons of good info and good folks!

also My remote looks different that other pictures I have seen the buttons are more like on a tv remote(rubber)...and my remote also isn't the best. have to push a button 12 times for it to work. just throwing that out there.:D

Mckdenton,

ILExtreme

Hi,

So I'm new to vaporizing.. Just bought the extreme vaporizer 3.0 by arizer.

Did a lot of research before buying it and did come here a few times. I have a few questions about this model. I have done searches on the forum and on google but have not found the answers to these questions.

How do you make the filter stay in place within the cyclone bowl? It keeps coming out, especially when I use the whip.

What temperature is advised for the 3.0 version of the unit. I never seem to get much vapor from the amount of herb I put in. I put in about half way up to the black line and get maybe one bag of okayish vapor that is not even that thick, then I get two more bags of really pitiful vapor. I start off with a temperature of about 195 or 200c, then move it up to 210 if there is no vapor, even that doesn't really help. I have tried both packing and not packing the herbs and did not get any better results with either. I am using fairly dry skunk.

I have pretty much given up on the whip as a successful means of vapor. It really doesn't work for me and I don't know why. Hopefully you guys can help! I put in about the same amount of herb as described before then try sucking slowly on about 200c temp. I find I get the smallest amount of vapor and only once. If I try and inhale another time I wont get any vapor. Also the filter in the cyclone bowl doesn't stay in place when I suck. If I turn the fan on with the whip I get about 4 seconds worth of vapor then it seems that the herb is spent..

I am getting high with the extreme but only by using balloons and it is quite a tedious process with a fair amount of herb having to be used and really really thing vapor..

Please can someone help! Thanks!

By the way I have tried the method of packing the elbow piece and still did not really have any better effects apart from the vapor was slightly thicker but still didn't last for long..

ILExtreme

ILExtreme,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
IL...sounds like how I started out. I suggest doing bags only until you get that down pat. Don't be afraid to get to the higher temps, especially when you are starting out...it's easier. Do some bags starting out at 220C, then work it up each bag about 10 degrees until you are up to 260C (max temp). This will give you an idea of what the machine is capable of.

My first night I went straight for the whip and flopped. Then I went bag only for a while until I got the hang of vapor. Then I went back to the whip once I got the temp thing figured out.

stickstones,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
If your screen is lifting up a lot when you suck, you might want to try not sucking that hard and the screen will stay put better once some resin builds up a bit. As another forum member once put it - suck long, slow and deep.. just how yo mama likes it.

DeepFried,

ILExtreme

DeepFried said:
If your screen is lifting up a lot when you suck, you might want to try not sucking that hard and the screen will stay put better once some resin builds up a bit. As another forum member once put it - suck long, slow and deep.. just how yo mama likes it.
Ah, okay so this issue sorts itself out after using the vape for a bit?

Thanks for the response from Sticks as well!

So I guess I've just got to play around with it, hopefully get the filters stuck down etc.. The vape that I have made did get me very high which was good lol, now to try and just get it right every time!

I'm about to go eat some abv weed, will make a step by step photo demonstration of what I did and how you can do it too! And also will tell you if it worked! Which hopefully it will! lol

ILExtreme,

BigVape

I just ordered the Extreme from GreatVape.com at a great price thanks to the FC forums! Thanks to the forum I was able to make an educated decision about my next vape. Now it's time to wait... I'm hoping with the 2-3 day priority ship it'll be here by Wednesday at the latest, then it's on. I'm upgrading from a VooDoo vaporizer which basically was like the Vapir 5.0 just marketed under a different name.

BigVape,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
ILExtreme. Are you preheating your herb in the bowl before your sessions? Sometimes, I preheat at a high temp for 20min plus, then drop down to 190 for another 8 to 10 before vaping. Have you tried the elbow method? Takes a few times to get used to, but it's the best way to get milky hits from the whip, and its the most conservative way to use the machine. I also use elbows while i use bags, but i think most don't.

IAmKrazy2,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom