Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigchucka

To unzari

I start at 200 and go up by 10 degree increments till I hit 230 or 240. If you're doing elbow packs, try starting at 210.

To all:

Yeah, I ended up taking an old pill bottle, heated screwdriver, and a spare bag hose and made my own ice catcher. Just pop the mouthpiece into the hose and pull it out for a carb. After doing that, I can see me using my Extreme more often. Got a fuckin buzz, but didn't cough so hard I fell over. I definitely recommend ice, really cools the vapor and allows for monster ass hits. Yeah... now I'm waiting on my brownies to finish up so I can go play my game (Final Fantasy our 2 Japan's 4). 21g AVB and 7g of some bullshit schwag I was stuck with made the I Can't Believe It's Pot Butter. I'll let you know how that turns out....

bigchucka,

jimgandhi

Mark said:
I recently thought about a crazy idea. I am going to try it when I have enough bud.

The Tuff bowl has an extra lip of that Tuff stuff at the top, so you can put another bowl on top of it for an airtight seal. So what I am going to try is to fill the Tuff bowl from the screen to the very top of the bowl, then fill the bottom and top part of the other bowl with weed, then put the elbow on top.
Who know's what'll happen. http://www.waytoomany.com/forum/images/smilies/stonedsmilie.gif
Who knows what will happen?
YOur gonna get so high. I hope you don't have any plans after that...lol

jimgandhi,

Mark

John Brown
I recently broke my Glass heater cover and got a replacement, but it came with a little rectangular strip of some silver cardboard with a small hole at the bottom and a metal rectangular strip, what are they for? I installed it according to the directions that do not mention them, and it sometimes shoots vapor or smoke out of the sides (not the bowl) which makes no sense because vapor would have to go down and back up around the bowl.

Were do I put the parts?

Mark,

Mark

John Brown
Still don't know what the extra parts are, but the vapor that was rising what oil stuck to the outside of the bottom of the bowl heating up.

It makes cracking sounds whenever I hit it hard with the fan high, what's that?

Mark,

DerekT

Mark said:
Still don't know what the extra parts are, but the vapor that was rising what oil stuck to the outside of the bottom of the bowl heating up.

It makes cracking sounds whenever I hit it hard with the fan high, what's that?
DeepFried said:
you should ask Arizer, contact them at sales@arizer.com
Good advice.

DerekT,

unzari

I got a bong today but stupidly bought too big as between it and the whip there must've been 54" for the vapor to travel through.

I had spare tubing and cut 6" off then put it back on the bong. Definitely better, especially at higher temps like 230+, but still not tons of vapor, not that that ever bothered me in the past.

So I cut off another 6" and tried again. Better, definitely better. Bigger pulls, I can feel them in my throat more and the vape is so cool and really tasting great.

So for no reason I pull ht e whip out of the bong and take a pull off the Extreme. Next thing I know, I'm on the floor along with the bong, the extreme and my grinder. The hit was sublime: it literally knocked me out, and I've been getting nothing but sublime hits in the week I've had the vape. I forgot the funniest part- I was sitting down at the time =]

unzari,

bigchucka

To Mark

The metal strip is for the older Extremes. It goes in between the heater cover and a top piece that I believe has four or so screws in it. Mine is a Version 3, so it doesn't have this. My top piece just slides on. The cardboard piece is (I believe) is a support for the ceramic heater cover down below the heater just in case you fucked that up too. Mine was fine (I hope) so I just took all those pieces and put them in the drawer with all my other spare parts.

bigchucka,

choding

After rummaging through the internet...

VapedG13 said:
I bought the extreme ... the main flaw in its design is the small hole for the hot air to travel through
source

T5 HO said:
when you pack with the Extreme and use the fan, the hot air only goes through the center of the bowl
bud along the outer edge is somewhat shielded from the hot air. as well as hash
source
ubbthreads.php

Suggested solution for this "flaw(?)"

max said:
1. A standard whip vape like the VB (or other box vape), SSV/DBV, etc,. will provide hits that are a little more vapor rich, but using the elbow connection screen instead of the bowl evens this out quite well.

2. Packing the elbow provides a bed of herb for denser hits, like with the standard whip, instead of a large bowl where the herb tends to move around due to the wide stream of incoming air. Even if you pack a lot in the bowl, the vapor/air ratio per hit isn't as high as the typical whip provides. Packing the elbow gives you that nice, stable layer of herb for the heated air to penetrate.
ubbthreads.php

max said:
If you pack the elbow screen instead of the cyclone bowl, your Extreme hits will be pretty much like the SSV.
On the bright side, although the small hole is the cause of lower vapor/air ratio

in the "Cyclone Bowl"
mechanism-of-tropical-cyclone.jpg

72b13cf83c.jpg

It stirs the herbs as it vapes?

Hurray? (At least good thing right?)

Any thoughts on this anyone?

choding,

max

Out to lunch
I very much disagree with the 'small hole' description for the Extreme. It's airways are larger than with most of the popular whip vapes, and the vapor/air ratio suffers in consequence. Even if the outlet hole into the bowl is small, it doesn't help to provide a high vapor/air ratio. Thus the elbow packing method. The cyclone bowl does serve to stir the bowl, but it doesn't help to provide vapor rich hits.

max,

choding

I am having a hard time choosing between SSV and Extreme...

max said:
If you pack the elbow screen instead of the cyclone bowl, your Extreme hits will be pretty much like the SSV.
max
1. max, can you explain to me how close it is to the SSV, please? (since SSV is considered the #1 whip vaporizer)
taste
pureness
vapor/air ratio
+ Anything relevant to the quality of the vapor

I am really into conserving materials but I don't have 9 weeks to wait for PD and I dont want MZ.
:leaf:
2. How similar are the SSV and E in efficieny of use of materials?

Vaporpedia said:
"Several users at FC report the following technique to stretch out their meds, use the dome (Super Thick Hits method above) for a few hits, making a small pile of the material between and using all of it together in the cyclone bowl at a higher temp at the end."
3. Is this a valid method to conserve materials?

4. I read that the manual recommends fan speed 3 for balloon,
marcuss said:
About ballon fan speed i usually go with 2 (medium) speed that seems better to fill a cloudy ballon...
how well does it work with fan speed 1?

choding,

vape4health

Get this , I have to pay for the repair parts . I have no problem paying for something I broke , but when something just falls apart ? , this thing wasnt cheap .

When I first got the E the cyclone bowl seemed loose or it would wiggly just a tiny bit , I figured that was how it was suppose to be . Its not , it should have been tight from day one , I checked a friends and his is rock solid . So the other day the heater cover stayed stuck to the cyclone bowl :mad:

Im looking for a real work horse not just a novelty devise , my bong never just fell apart cause I looked at it wrong . I hope the Da Buddha is better quilty .

vape4health,

vape4health

A follow up to the last post .

Its Sunday and Arizer customer service is in action . I have a replacement heater cover being shipped . Im still peeved that I had to pay but what can I do .

Im not so happy with my E but fast CS makes up that , well a little bit at least .

vape4health,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
lol you dont need 3 separate posts to rant.

as far as your problem, i don't think the vape could break itself which is why you have to pay for repair parts.
:2c:

hopefully your DBV can withstand more of a beating.

illadelph,

vape4health

I would be happy if DBV will take normal use . I'll have to get my E fixed then very carfully put it away .

vape4health,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
vape4health said:
I would be happy if DBV will take normal use . I'll have to get my E fixed then very carfully put it away .
put a mouse pad under the DBV or you'll be pissed when the whip pulls out and breaks on the table.

DeepFried,

vape4health

I will be sure to do the mouse pad , thanks for the tip man .

Anyone use some type of air filter to keep crap out of the E . I took mine apart , getting ready for the replacement cover , and in 2 mounths of very VERY heavy use the extreme already has more dust in it then I would have thought . Not to mention the dog hair problem ( Huskie ) . I was thinking maybe something like a shop vac filter and just set the E on top of it .

vape4health,

doom79

I have owned the extreme for about 3 months now. I have a v3 version, and keep in mind that I never vape anything other than the best herb. I almost always use bags.

I find that using any temp higher than 175C on my first bowl will give me really thick vape but will turn the center of my bowl brown. I was always under the impression that the best starting temp was ~190C, and to bump up the temp 5C for each bag. If I did this, Id get a THICK first bag but my bud would be brown to dark brown. After going at 200C, the bud would likely be dark, dark brown. Is it normal for the bud to get this cooked at these temperatures? I often use temps like 165C or 170C on my first bag.

doom79,

doom79

DeepFried said:
with 165-170 you are only vaping some oils and basically not getting any THC unless something is mis calculated on your E's temp probe. Check out this thread http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1530 for a discussion on vape temps.
I guess that's what I'm getting at. The herb is turning brown at temperatures that shouldn't even be vaporizing THC, which makes me think something could be wrong with my vaporizer unless this is common.

doom79,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
DeepFried said:
with 165-170 you are only vaping some oils and basically not getting any THC unless something is mis calculated on your E's temp probe. Check out this thread http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1530 for a discussion on vape temps.
I disagree.

I always start my vape sessions at 160C and ramp up the temp by 5C to around 180-185C for my last few hits. Even after a couple of hits at 160C, I get a very nice, intense head buzz, which is what I am seeking. I believe that most, if not all of the delta-9 THC is desorbed at this temp, as the trichomes have been cleanly removed (please refer to the pics below). The exhales are not huge, clouds, but the effect is quite pronounced, imo.

You can always increase the temps in order to derive a more body stone effect and for the medicinal components. It's a matter of personal preference.

before shot of bud:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3165/trics2sideshotcloseupx1.jpg

same bud after 1 bag in the E @ 160C:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5557/tricsvaped160c120x2.jpg

same bud after 1 bag in the E @ 170C:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3074/2ndvape170c5.jpg

nicelytoasted,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom