Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
Yea thanks i am aware that its not a box vape. Ill wait to get my case till it comes in so ill get the dimensions then. I ordered mine from Dieselvapors at 1 AM he shipped it at 8AM.
I love the great reviews and threads here. i found a vapor home :ninja::D:ninja:

umpnum14,

umpnum14

max said:
Looking for a case? This one handles the Extreme. I think Clear_Dome owns one. Check with him to see how he likes it.
http://www.vapeworld.com/accessories/vaporizer-elite-aluminum-carry-case
Actually max after reviewing the first 28 pages so far(10 from the original thread and 18 so far from this thread) I think I have my eye one the pelican 1500 but i haven't decided (the price is steep) I emailed steve about that and a few other questions and he says he uses a duffle bag but I get clumsy when i get high so I do like the idea of the pelican 1500 being water proof and the fact it floats with up to 50 pounds pretty cool, impact resistant and a few other things makes it the extreme case for the extreme. I really like the case made a poster somewhere around the early part of this thread. Excellent.
I have seen a few questions about people asking if it could handle the larger bags like the volcano and also saw that someone posted the info about the fan so that got me wondering. I was high and started googling and found out that the fan used was one that has a max rpm of 16000 and a max cfm of 21.83 and max air pressure of 1.431 there was only one other fan i saw available that had higher rpm of 18500 higher cfm 27.05 and higher air pressure of 2.11. I also noticed that all the other values such as voltage and amp were what seemed to be in tolerable ranges. I googled it and found it online for about $15. It is a three wire fan where as the one that is on the extreme is two, but thats a simple fix im sure. Anyway Im wondering if I buy the fan and exchange it for the one in the extreme (after the warranty on the unit expires) and get a larger bag from http://www.foodgradebag.com/Catalog/Shop.html hmm...just my :2c:
In regards to the mod of lowering the glass tubing so that the bowl sits lower on the heater and giving version 3 a higher temp abilty for the herbs do you find that it gives you a better experience?

umpnum14,

umpnum14

omfg!!!!! its here i have had it for 45 min (1 bag) and i am gone. I am starting my second bag as we speak. i have two other vapes (a chinese knock off hyper which i traded to a friend for an oz of mids, and a vapir oxygen mini2 which ill prbly still use when im not at home.
Thanks paul at dieselvapors for the quick shipment and making this a truly happy 420!!!

umpnum14,

jcw919

mine arrived today too! Cant wait to try it out tonight. also, just a quick first impression-its way smaller than i thought. Good news because now it will be even easier to hide

jcw919,

umpnum14

jcw919 said:
mine arrived today too! Cant wait to try it out tonight. also, just a quick first impression-its way smaller than i thought. Good news because now it will be even easier to hide
I like the stealth of the unit. I went to the grocery store and bought some poutperri and will just stick that on it when i'm not using. I just put away the other stuff when not in use.
btw the glad press and seal works great. I got a bag and a half sitting next to me that has been there for at least an hour or so.
and thank god they sent at least one of the bags pre assembled. the assembly is straight foward but getting that final o-ring on for step 6 is a bitch, i ended up using something besides my hand to stretch the o-ring over the glass

umpnum14,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
ump...you're ahead of me on the bag thing...I still can't get those things together! What are you doing with the press n seal?

stickstones,

umpnum14

stickstones said:
ump...you're ahead of me on the bag thing...I still can't get those things together! What are you doing with the press n seal?
glad to see your still monitoring the thread.
the bag was a bitch. i didnt soak my o-ring i just struggled with it. I finally took a bamboo stick that came with a vapir product and used that to pull the o-ring out and over at the same time. When I get a chance ill do a video and post it to u-tube. i really appreciate the tip for warming it up. it seems to have done the trick. in regards to the press and seal I tear off a small piece a place it over the glass to seal it, much like the regular gald wrap. I love the vaporpedia site vn sticks :cool:

umpnum14,

umpnum14

hey sticks isnt clear dome a glass blower didnt he do some custom stuff for a few people. i have an idea about something i would love to try out and would be willing to shell out (not alot) but a few bones to someone willing to make a custom piece for the balloon

umpnum14,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
ump...I don't post as much here as I used to, but I never miss a post. I've noticed we have a new wave of experienced users (henny, illadelph and buddaholic to name a few) that are helping out the newbies greatly. No need for the video. That was a great explanation and I get it...I'll have to give it a try, so thanks! I've read that vapor quality starts to degrade after 30 minutes in a bag. What is your experience?

ump...you need to go here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=220&p=14

stickstones,

swirliemc

Hey all.. I recently purchased the Extreme and have been in love for over a month with it. Today however it was knocked off the table it was one and the cyclone bowl,wipe, and glass surrounding the heating element shattered. I still have one of the cyclone bowls and it fits and seals over the small amt of glass that remains at the base of the element. Do you think it is repairable? I emailed sales@arizer right away, but am still waiting reply. Also do you think it is still functional in the meantime. I have tryed it and it seems to still work as it got me slightly toasted.

swirliemc,

umpnum14

In regards to vapor holding in a balloon, yea i wasnt impressed with it after an hour and half, but hey i was so ripped off the first bag I'll chalk it up to experience. The press and seal definatly works. but i just got back from lowes and i found a 1/4" cap that will fit inside a small piece of hose placed over the end. I also got a lengthy response from steve in regards to the fan and why they went with it.
Heres his response to me on the info regarding the fan
"
We've used different fans in different production runs and kept notes on what worked best, had lowest failure rate etc. Fan speed affects airflow which affects bags filling time but also flavor and potency we've found. We I started with the Extreme I recall my goal was to fill the bag as fast as possible, quickly I found out that came with some disadvantages. We've tried a LOT of fans and pumps as well. I don't think there is any vaporizer on the market at this time that blow's a 'better balloon', meaning potency, flavor, not dry / harsh on throat etc. We have every vaporizer on the market and do a lot of testing, third party testing as well."
I love the open communication with the manufacture.

umpnum14,

umpnum14

Ok I did my first mod that anyone can do straight out of the box with nothing to buy except maybe a razor blade to cut the hose on the whip for the balloon. The mod is a a simple cap to use for the balloon to use when passing around and stuff like that. anyway take a look at the glass stir tool in the first image see the fat end how it sticks up and looks like the perfect size to fit into the balloon whip? well see the second (middle) image see how it really does. Once you place that end in the whip (use a little water to lubricate it if needed and be careful not to break the glass. cut 1/4" to 1/2" up the whip from the end of glass stir tool (just like the final image, place the stir tool/balloon whip on a counter or something and use a box cutter to cut 1/4" or so above the end) works great when using it to temporarily hold vape and theirs nothing to buy. Also yea like sticks said i wouldn't recommend leaving the vapor in the balloon for long periods (it will hold the seal for sure) but you lose potency from my experience. I just like the convince of a cap. hope my :2c: helps someone else

umpnum14,

umpnum14

swirliemc said:
Hey all.. I recently purchased the Extreme and have been in love for over a month with it. Today however it was knocked off the table it was one and the cyclone bowl,wipe, and glass surrounding the heating element shattered. I still have one of the cyclone bowls and it fits and seals over the small amt of glass that remains at the base of the element. Do you think it is repairable? I emailed sales@arizer right away, but am still waiting reply. Also do you think it is still functional in the meantime. I have tryed it and it seems to still work as it got me slightly toasted.
Swirl is this what your looking for?? http://dieselvapors.com/product.sc?categoryId=9&productId=30 It list for 24.99 and from everything ive read very simple to change. But certainly if this isnt it Steve will help. In regards to whether its still funtional? I would guess so maybe use the balloon and see if the vapor taste any different or looks any different. Also does it take any longer to fill the balloon? (this will tell you how massive you air flow loss is)
If it were me and i were just out and out desperate and my other vape didnt work then I would use it with the balloon if possible and avoid the whip until i got the replacement. just my :2c:

umpnum14,

jcw919

I picked mine up today and finally was able to try it out. Its amazing! I did vapor shooters and direct draw and they were both good. this thing is awesome! Ill post a full review once ive gotten a bit more time to test it out.

jcw919,

duh

I just started doing balloons on the Extreme the other day and like them but find they are super super wasteful. They also degrade after about 10-15 minutes max (at least the bags that come w/the unit). I plan on only using cheap shake and trim for balloons.

I bought a new grinder today and this one is much more effective - getting the material down to almost like green dust. Wow, what an improvement. This one is closer to that of doing the top dome hits versus just the bowl - what a difference! I wasted a lot of meds learning how to vape!

Now my method is to use the dome for a few hits, making a small pile of the material between and using all of it together in the cyclone bowl at a higher temp at the end.

duh,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
/\ this is exactly what i do every time. everything that goes up......must come down. and then vaped. :lol: hope everyone had a nice holiday.

illadelph,

umpnum14

illadelph said:
ever since i got my E, i have been using like a quarter of the amount of material as i would have before. im lifter for longer, so there is no reason to keep consuming. i must say i have found myself repacking because its just so damn tasty.

edit: does anyone know where to get glass pieces that will fit the extreme here in the us? i just ordered a new elbow from arizer and paid 22 some dollars because the piece itself was $7.00 and i opted to go express shipping which costed me $15.00. turns out the "express shipping" takes 5 days...........the regular cost like $5.00. i wonder if the regular would have took that much longer. overall, i kinda disappointed in the purchase and would like a cheaper and more local alternative. :/
Ill im not sure about individual glass pieces just yet (rest assured im looking) but i know dieselvapors offers the entire whip kit which their Whip Kit includes Elbow, Screen, Tubing, and stem. for 24.99 shipping included (Priority shipping 3 days max) This seems to be different then arizers "Whip Kit which Includes 3' tubing with attached glass adapter (with screen) and glass mouthpiece, 1 Glass Cyclone Bowl? and 1 glass stirring tool.
for Price: $22.99
" You said you paid 22 for the elbow out of canada and got it in 5 days. These guys list the tubing, elbow, screen and stem for 2.99 more than what you paid and youll get it 2 days faster.
They are out of stock right now but watch this link http://dieselvapors.com/product.sc?categoryId=9&productId=24 and hopefully youll find what you need.

umpnum14,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
swirliemc...make sure you contact Steve about the broken glass housing around the element. I know they can repair it for a fee. I would be concerned about small glass pieces getting caught up in my vapor if I were using it with a broken housing.

When I had my E fixed I went out and got a VaporGenie for $55 and it tied me over fine...also turned out to be a great portable that I used often.

stickstones,

swirliemc

umpnum14 said:
swirliemc said:
Swirl is this what your looking for?? http://dieselvapors.com/product.sc?categoryId=9&productId=30 It list for 24.99 and from everything ive read very simple to change. But certainly if this isnt it Steve will help. In regards to whether its still funtional? I would guess so maybe use the balloon and see if the vapor taste any different or looks any different. Also does it take any longer to fill the balloon? (this will tell you how massive you air flow loss is)
If it were me and i were just out and out desperate and my other vape didnt work then I would use it with the balloon if possible and avoid the whip until i got the replacement. just my :2c:
umpnum thanks for the advice. That is exactly what I was looking for and have already placed my order. Un fortunatly I don't have a spare.. looks like combustions the only way till i receive my replacement parts. :uhoh:

swirliemc,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom