Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

talwin

i wrote to azier for a couple questions and i thought i'd post the one about how long to leave it on for:

Q. How long is to leave the extreme on for? Sometime I take my medication once every hour or so and to turn it off and then on and preheat takes additional time. Also if it safe to leave on for sometime, what temp. should it be set at?

A. You can set your machine on the desired temperature and leave it on all day (unplug if leaving the house or left unattended - just like any appliance). This way you always have vapor on demand (no warm up time), also the herbs/tobaccos can be left on the warming unit with the whip attached - as no vapor will be produced unless the warm air flows through them.

talwin,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
yea i like the lower temps too. thats what always seems tastiest to me. i run it at about 200-210 because i like kinda thick dense vapor that makes me cough my lungs up. :D

illadelph,

bdiddy123

does the e produce an smell from the heater? i had the e for like 3 months and just noticed this scent.

bdiddy123,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
maybe you got some crumbs down in there?, hold the extreme upside down and turn the fan on to speed 3 to blow those suckers out of there and see if smell goes away

DeepFried,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
yea i noticed the smell of heat if left on for long periods of time. doesn't seem to be anything but heat though and should be nothing to worry about. great tip for cleaning scientist. i get a good amount down there ever since i switched to only vaping elbow hits and that works perfect for getting the little stuff out. :cool:

illadelph,

cookie

Ok I have some questions. I've taken the time to read most of the posts and it seems like y'all are getting 4-6 bags per pack and I'm only getting 2 max first one 210 second 260 only high grade herb ground up. I'm packing the elbow most of the time only tried the cyclone bowl 2 or 3 times. Am I doing something wrong? Is it normal?

cookie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think you are jacking up the temp too high for your second bag. I usually only up it in 5 or 10 degree increments between successive bags.

stickstones,

cookie

I'll have to try that maybe I'm not being pacient enough. Are they some what white bags? Well not white but not clear

cookie,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
as ss said, if you increase the temp in increments of say 5 or 10 degrees celsius between bags, you should surely be able to get 4-5 guaranteed quality bags off of some high grade that is dry and ground. this is especially true for elbow hits.

illadelph,

cookie

Awesome I'm gonna try it as soon I get back home I've been with out my E for 3 days :(. I'll let y'all know how everything goes.

cookie,

joesalamon

You should be able to get at least two solid and a weak third one with mids. I would say 4 always with high grade and 5 and 6 are weaker. But my first two are always solid white, third and fourth are very foggy, and five is weak, and six is just a little. I really only do bag 5 or 6 when I am by myself trying or I dont got a lot. I have v3, and I start mine as low as 175, but those are not thick white, but it sure tastes yummy :lol:

joesalamon,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
treated myself last night and vaped a nice elbow pack of kif with a thin layer of herb thrown in as well. cranked the extreme to 250C to make sure it all got vaped good. Even with 10-15 second draws the vapor just kept coming until I was so high I forgot if I should be sucking or blowing on the whip.. that's when I figured I better stop before I accidentally break something, but the vapor was still being produced. The picture is very close up on a granite counter, you can judge the size of the duff by the size of the granite specks.

Kiffromextreme.png

DeepFried,

Broker404

Sorry if I missed it being answered already, but the best way I've seen to get a screen in the bowl is to take some good scissors and make a small cut into it, only going about 1-2mm deep. this will help the screen take a smaller, but still flat shape.

I learned this because I had to send my Extreme back after 5 days of owning it because of a broken fan, but they sent me a new one out right away(GREAT customer service, sent it the next day after I sent them an e-mail), and since I had to pay to ship my first unit back, they gave me a new bowl, 4 replacement screens, and a poker. The new bowl they sent me had the screen with the cut in it.

Broker404,

whereami

The Extreme introduced me to bag/whip/forced air vaporizers and it does all of them well, but I've found myself using the PD and "wand" vaporizer (VHW, etc) more and more.

The bag was fun for a little (so glad I didnt get a volcano), and the whip I like, but I would much rather run it through glass, and I don't need the Extreme to do that.

I know there are a few here that collect vaporizers but it's just not my style. Hopefully someone jumps on my listing, I really can't say enough good things about the Extreme. I can say, if you don't know what type of vaporizer you like, the Extreme is like a vaporizer taste test and you will soon find which style you prefer.

whereami,

duh

Got my E today and am thrilled.:)

A few minor issues: not super portable - I need semi-stealth and there is too much glass to move around easily. (I suppose that is why they don't sell it with a bag ala ssv.), my friend's potpourri glass is broken, I haven't even checked mine yet. Also, the default was audio and light on - I did not like that. It wasn't tough to turn them off, but still. Happily, the unit recalls the previous setting so it is not an ongoing concern.:2c:

Overall, I am already a FC - E snob and I have only been an owner for a few hours! :D

Those poor Volcano owners! I paid less than 1/2 for the same vapor quality! I may have to backpack it and duel it off w/some Cano owners in the near future... :brow:

duh,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
.....I love hearing things like this...^^^this is the only reason ANYONE would EVER find a reason to hate on FC.com...i have seen a few ;)

welcome to the E club bro..lets get ripped

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

whereami

stickstones said:
Whereami...have you used the screen pack method with your E?
Yep and it works well.

I just really like hooking it up to glass I can stuff with ice, which I did with the Extreme, but in that specific case a wand type vap is much simpler.

I just don't see myself using everything the Extreme can do, but I wouldnt have known that without first buying one. I'm still glad I did because now I know what I like. :D

whereami,

duh

Thanks, Hennessy! FC haters you say? Must be people that either are die-hard smokers or don't like swearing (worse). :lol: :peace:

Anyway, my day 2 report on my v3 E: still awesome but I am chewing through my meds like 5x more than usual. I am also keeping that avb for some brownies, but still. Such is vaping - I am going to have to lower my standards and buy the low-grade oz from now on.

On a side note, I am overcoming a sinus infection on top of smoke rehab (converting to vaping) - I could write a whole new phlegm thread). I have major coughing throughout the day as it is - hot, dry vapor is tough. I have lowered the temps to 200C and 210C at the most to be able to handle the vapor - also the fan assist is out till I'm better -. Anyway, I have found the lower temps along w/a shorter inhale, retention period to work but I end up spending 2x the time vaping to get 'that spot'.

whereami, do you retain the water from your vaporizing or toss it? My concern w/the other style is that I might like it - but I'll loose even more meds to greedy water/ice condensation.

duh,

max

Out to lunch
Anyway, my day 2 report on my v3 E: still awesome but I am chewing through my meds like 5x more than usual. I am also keeping that avb for some brownies, but still. Such is vaping - I am going to have to lower my standards and buy the low-grade oz from now on.
Glad you like your new vape. My consumption increased when I went to vapor too. Just couldn't take much smoke anymore. If you want to maximize your supply, add a PD. It's the best for measured doses and efficiency.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom