Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i got so anxious about getting my elbow piece that i just reordered another one from a US based site. they claim it will be here in 2 days so we'll see how that goes. they also price match which is good since they list it as being $8.99 which is $2 more expensive than what arizer sells them for. so if this all goes through, i will have a new elbow piece in 2 days while only paying $14 which is cheaper than what i paid from arizer AND i got priority shipping even though the site offered free shipping. the site is called www.vapeworld.com and they have all of the extreme accessories you would need. hopefully this works out for me. :uhoh:

illadelph,

duh

I made a few additions to the E page on vaporpedia. I feel a bit obliged as it helped me so much. The new E newbies can get 'there' even quicker now!

I added a paragraph on grinding at the end of the introduction. As I wrote previously, this was another wake up call for me. You can get 2x (or more) out of your meds w/a proper grinding setup. Finally, I started a new section on efficiency which included the quote I wrote which illadelph and I agreed is a good technique.

In other news, I dropped my 1st cyclone bowl the other day. I also had minor burns on my fingertips but they healed in just a few days (finger cells are quick to re-gen). BTW - my backup bowl sucks as it has a glass bubble which prevents the screen from sitting nicely the way my 1st bowl did.

So, I will probably order a Tuff bowl this time. Any vendor besides Arizer sell it?

duh,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
duh, if you order from www.vapeworld.com they offer free shipping within the US. they have pretty much all of the extreme accessories.

edit: nice contributions duh, i didnt even realize that we could add on to that already existing document.

illadelph,

detroit_fan

Well I just joined the club. I ordered the Extreme from dieselvapors.com for $250/free shipping. I see they list there hours as eastern time and i'm in michigan so hopefully it won't take long to get here. This will be my first vaporizer, i've never even taken a hit off of one before. I figured even if i don't like it i can sell it and not take too much of a loss.

Now the wait begins....

detroit_fan,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
detroit_fan said:
Well I just joined the club. I ordered the Extreme from dieselvapors.com for $250/free shipping. I see they list there hours as eastern time and i'm in michigan so hopefully it won't take long to get here. This will be my first vaporizer, i've never even taken a hit off of one before. I figured even if i don't like it i can sell it and not take too much of a loss.

Now the wait begins....
I ordered mine from them very similar price. Ordered it Friday at 2:00AM I had it Monday AM
but I have already had a setback :( I went to pull the bowl out and when I did the glass that surrounds the heater came with it :( Im emailing steve now I really hope hell help me out. Ive heard VERY excellent things about the warranty.

umpnum14,

umpnum14

umpnum14 said:
swirliemc said:
Hey all.. I recently purchased the Extreme and have been in love for over a month with it. Today however it was knocked off the table it was one and the cyclone bowl,wipe, and glass surrounding the heating element shattered. I still have one of the cyclone bowls and it fits and seals over the small amt of glass that remains at the base of the element. Do you think it is repairable? I emailed sales@arizer right away, but am still waiting reply. Also do you think it is still functional in the meantime. I have tryed it and it seems to still work as it got me slightly toasted.
Swirl is this what your looking for?? http://dieselvapors.com/product.sc?categoryId=9&productId=30 It list for 24.99 and from everything ive read very simple to change. But certainly if this isnt it Steve will help. In regards to whether its still funtional? I would guess so maybe use the balloon and see if the vapor taste any different or looks any different. Also does it take any longer to fill the balloon? (this will tell you how massive you air flow loss is)
If it were me and i were just out and out desperate and my other vape didnt work then I would use it with the balloon if possible and avoid the whip until i got the replacement. just my :2c:
I was wrong the balloon doesn't work. Dont try it youll waste weed. But the Whip W/O the fan works GREAT!!!!!(All the air flow originates from above the glass.) In regards to glass getting your mouth there is the screen in the elbow but if you wanted to be cautious i guess you could put something like wash cloth over the end of the mouth piece and suck through that (acts as a filter)

umpnum14,

duh

Thanks on the suggestions. I went w/the maker on this one. I may buy another one w/my PD... ;)

Yikes on another hot broken element accident. :mad:

This is why you have a backup vape, ppl! :)

That bowl likes to stick to the heating element on mine too. I generally tap it gently while turning it to get it dislodged. Once loose, I'm careful to put that hot bowl down somewhere heat proof. Of course, my 1st bowl died during a tragic ballooning accident recently as well - but that is another story. :p

umpnum14, the balloon does work. Yes, it uses lots of meds, but it is another way to go. It took me a long time to get it working right too. Try taking some of your abv from after using it w/the whip on avg. temps and make a balloon w/the temp all cranked up, fan on 3... if the abv isn't totally toasted, you should get a visible vapor balloon, that if taken w/some water - ought to do it!

duh,

umpnum14

duh said:
Thanks on the suggestions. I went w/the maker on this one. I may buy another one w/my PD... ;)

That bowl likes to stick to the heating element on mine too. I generally tap it gently while turning it to get it dislodged. Once loose, I'm careful to put that hot bowl down somewhere heat proof. Of course, my 1st bowl died during a tragic ballooning accident recently as well - but that is another story. :p

umpnum14, the balloon does work. Yes, it uses lots of meds, but it is another way to go. It took me a long time to get it working right too. Try taking some of your abv from after using it w/the whip on avg. temps and make a balloon w/the temp all cranked up, fan on 3... if the abv isn't totally toasted, you should get a visible vapor balloon, that if taken w/some water - ought to do it!
No they balloon work I know I passed ou the first time I used it. I was speaking of on top of a broken glass element. The fan doesnt fill the balloon. No air can be channeled up the glass because its gone but with the whip it acts differently because you draw the air from above the weed. While the fan Blows from BELOW the weed (if u have to use because you dont have a back-up, but i do I have an oxygen mini and actually just traded my 3rd to my dealer for and oz of mids I just love my extreme and would perfer to use it broken if i have to then use my oxygen mini any day)

umpnum14,

swirliemc

umpnum14 said:
duh said:

No they balloon work I know I passed ou the first time I used it. I was speaking of on top of a broken glass element. The fan doesnt fill the balloon. No air can be channeled up the glass because its gone but with the whip it acts differently because you draw the air from above the weed. While the fan Blows from BELOW the weed (if u have to use because you dont have a back-up, but i do I have an oxygen mini and actually just traded my 3rd to my dealer for and oz of mids I just love my extreme and would perfer to use it broken if i have to then use my oxygen mini any day)
I just received my replacement and did the repair myself. It was as easy as they say and thankfully now my E is back to tip top shape. Thanks for all the help umpnum14

swirliemc,

umpnum14

No prob I love my extreme too!! :ko: Mine broke 4 days after having it. All i did was the lift with gentle twist method. I sent Steve at Arizer an Email about it and Debbie responded back this way.
"All i did was lift up on the bowl (should i have let it cool down? it was stuck so i give a gentle twist while lifting
- Just a reminder if the glass sticks together, never pry/twist or force the glass together or apart. If your glass sticks together never pull/twist the glass apart - gently wiggle the glass piece slightly back and forth (side to side) this motion will loosen the glass joints apart. Placing the unit in a cool room or refrigerator (after it cools down) will help loosen the glass but again use the back and forth motion to loosen pieces apart."
DONT TWIST wiggle side to side. Also dont think id stick my unit in the fridge I might have a bit of explaining
Swirl how long did the repair take? Did the rubber feet go right back on without using any adhesive

umpnum14,

swirliemc

Haha yeah i hear you I wouldn't stick my unit in the fridge either. The repair took about 20 mins. I was being extra careful to make sure I saved the screws and didn't touch the circuit board. Removing the cylinder was probably the hardest part because it was wedged in there pretty good. It took a little patience and a little wiggling, but it finally came free. All in all it was an easy repair. Also, the rubber feet did go back on without any adhesive. They seemed to have a decent amount of tackiness and stuck on with ease.

swirliemc,

umpnum14

swirliemc said:
Haha yeah i hear you I wouldn't stick my unit in the fridge either. The repair took about 20 mins. I was being extra careful to make sure I saved the screws and didn't touch the circuit board. Removing the cylinder was probably the hardest part because it was wedged in there pretty good. It took a little patience and a little wiggling, but it finally came free. All in all it was an easy repair. Also, the rubber feet did go back on without any adhesive. They seemed to have a decent amount of tackiness and stuck on with ease.
I dont expect the repair to be too difficult as i build and repair pc's.
This is the contents of the email from Arizer of how t do the repair. (very simple)

1./ Remove 4 rubber feet on bottom of base.
2./ Unscrew the 4 screws located under each rubber foot.
3./ Remove bottom base cover.
4./ Locate 2 screws only, one on either side of the circuit board (do not remove any screws that secure down the circuit boards).
Remove these 2 screws that secure the stainless steel cylinder down, and remove the cylinder (*Note: if it is tough to remove the
cylinder - wiggle the cylinder back and forth until it becomes loose and comes off - be careful not to touch the circuit board to prevent
any damage).
5./ When you have the cylinder off you will see the ceramic heater. Remove the long screw that secures the glass heater cover and
remove any broken glass particles by gently blowing canned air and/or turning it upside down and gently shake it so any glass
will fall out (*Note: when shaking the unit so any glass particles fall out - hold the ceramic heating element to prevent any damage).
6./ Once it is all cleaned out, place the new replacement glass heater cover in place and secure it with the long bottom screw/pin
(Note: make sure the holes in the cradle and glass heater cover are lined up to prevent breaking/cracking the glass). Make sure
before installing the new heater cover to put the insulation tube around the glass heater cover first.
7./ Now screw in the top 4 support screws evenly which center and support/holds the glass heater cover (*Note: do not screw in the 4
support screws too tight to prevent damage to the glass heater cover).
8./ Place the cylinder back on - line up the holes in the cylinder with the holes in the base. Position the cylinder top hole so it is
centered with the top of the glass heater cover. Secure the 2 screws that hold the cylinder in place.
9./ Place/center the base cover back on and screw in the 4 screws and place the 4 rubber feet back on.

Also I asked about the fact of doing the repair myself voiding the warranty this was the response back i got the part from debbie
"4. By doing the repair myself does that void any further warranty on the unit? - No this does not void your warranty as I am giving you permission to open your unit and this is why you purchase this part through me vs. ordering online - all is noted in your file."
I dont know if that means if you get the part from another retailer and do the repair yourself if that voids the warranty. The price is the same including shipping as most retailers its just coming from Canada.
Either way be cautious and EMAIL ARIZER SEEKING permission to do the repair so you dont void the warranty.

umpnum14,

4:20

Hi,
I have seen your report in the vaporpedia page about the use of the extreme and was wondering if you didn t confuse centigrade with Farenheit...
Temperature of 350c is 662F and 250c is 482F that means temperatures above the combustion level.

4:20,

umpnum14

4:20 said:
Hi,
I have seen your report in the vaporpedia page about the use of the extreme and was wondering if you didn t confuse centigrade with Farenheit...
Temperature of 350c is 662F and 250c is 482F that means temperatures above the combustion level.
Yes the Extreme by defualt displays in C . The vape temp is much lower then what the extreme displays however the difference in temp is due to the location of the temp sensor. There is a lengthy article about this on Vaporpedia

umpnum14,

umpnum14

stickstones said:
swirliemc...make sure you contact Steve about the broken glass housing around the element. I know they can repair it for a fee. I would be concerned about small glass pieces getting caught up in my vapor if I were using it with a broken housing.

When I had my E fixed I went out and got a VaporGenie for $55 and it tied me over fine...also turned out to be a great portable that I used often.
The cost to have Arizer repair it is $25 Labor $15 Return Shipping $25 New Glass Heater Cover
For a total of Approximately $65 before your cost to ship back as so you can tack on another $10 - $15 its going to cost you just to get it to Arizer. Best method is to do the repair yourself or invite a techie stoner over.

umpnum14,

4:20

Thanks for your answer, now I understand better.

umpnum14 said:
4:20 said:
Hi,
Yes the Extreme by defualt displays in C . The vape temp is much lower then what the extreme displays however the difference in temp is due to the location of the temp sensor. There is a lengthy article about this on Vaporpedia

4:20,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
finally vaked off the extreme. i wasn't able to pick it up the elbow piece until today despite the fact that it got here saturday. gotta love college.....

illadelph,

detroit_fan

Well my extreme arrived today. Tried it once so far and the results were good, but i'd like to ask about temp. I used the recomendation on the wiki page. Mine is low-mid (v3) so i put it on 250C. I used the whip with no fan. It looks a little black to me, should i lower the temp a little? If so, what temp should i start off with.

P1010048-1.jpg

P1010046-1.jpg

P1010047.jpg

detroit_fan,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
hard to tell by the pics, a bit blurry. Try starting at 210 using the elbow pack method and increase by 5 degrees with each new elbow pack until you get duff a bit lighter.

DeepFried,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom