Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

the electrician

All you need is a bong that has an 18.8 downstem connection, i was told these tend to be larger (more expensive) so id definitely buy online. You can of course get an adapter like i did, i dunno what theyre called but it has a 14.5 male joint and an 18.8 female. The elbow screen fits in nicely.

The extreme is very light and will wok any way up, normally i have both items held in hand to make sure there are no errors.

the electrician,

Rocket J Squirrel

"...normally i have both items held in hand to make sure there are no errors."

I'd kind of want the vape and the bong or bubbler to both be securely sitting on the table. I know my limitations. So I reckon I'll need some kind of a Extreme > Bong setup with tubing. Thanks for the info on the downstem connection, I'll start hunting for bit.

Rocket J Squirrel,

Rocket J Squirrel

"bits" -- I meant I'll start hunting for "bits." Too early in the morning for gud spllingz.

mod note: you can use the edit button at the bottom right of the post to edit your own posts.

Rocket J Squirrel,

the electrician

With tubing it couldnt be easier, but you loose out on the glass on glass if that bothes you. Im no conisseur but i definitely prefer to be sans tubing. If youve got some cash the people who make the silver surfer also makes some nice bongs that are made to accept a whip. Or use the whip with the shorter balloon whip on the other end, so the elbow joint from that could fit an 18.8 bong.

A word on bongs, my vote is to get a round chamber one with an ice pinch, or a straight one if youre gonna use water. Thats just my preference though. Tell you what actually, i want to get a nice straight tube ash catcher. This will allow me both water and ice filtration and itd be so bloody smooth god damn it i need a job.

the electrician,

Rocket J Squirrel

Those SS bongs are spendy!

I'm a medical marijuana user and have come to the cannabis game just recently, so I don't know who are the good online stores for things like good straight bongs. Who do we like for such things? I reckon I need one that takes a whip, or an adapter for one.

I don't know if trying to stick to glass-on-glass only is important to me. I use the Extreme's whip so I guess it's not a consideration for me.

Rocket J Squirrel,

rklevy

OK I need some advice here. I love my Extreme, but am confused about how long to pre-heat it, how long to pre-heat my herb, etc. I use a whip and I have been pre-heating the Vape for 10 minutes at 200 degrees. I then put the herb on and let that heat at the same same 200 for 10 minutes. But I think this is too long as the herb seems tot be overheating. So my question is; how long and at what temp should I pre-heat my Vape and how long to pre-heat the herb? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

rklevy,
I let the unit warm up at 200 for 20mins WITHOUT the herb, and then add it, letting it warm up for about 2-3 mins. I'm not saying this is the best method, but it works great for me.

Vapor Trail,

KuMaK

I have pretty much decided on getting an Extreme from vaposhop.com as Im in Ireland.
Couple of questions before I order, stuck badly since my iolite wont fire up anymore, strange clicking noise coming from gas jet inside. Anyway !

Heres the deal :

http://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizers/electric_vaporizers/arizer_extreme/

Now experience extremers I knew to know does that include everything I need and does that look like a good deal ?

Have a look here :

http://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/arizer_accessoires/

Is there anything else I should get while Im at it ?

Thanks for your help !

KuMaK,

Rocket J Squirrel

I've been dorking around with long preheat vs not-so-long preheat. I've recently started packing the herb in the Extreme's elbow, into the little basket screen. I prefer mainly THC, not so much the other cannabinoids, and the elbow load seems to deliver more clean THC hits that way before the THC is used up. More uniform heating of the herb?

After the main portion of the THC has been exhausted, I can increase the temp to bake off the other cannabinoids. I go up in 5 degree increments.

So for me, I get several nice sessions at 200C before there is no visible vapor. Then I either increase the temp to vaporize the other stuff for a more couch-locked effect, or dump the herb into my duff container and reload some more.

So anyway, what I've found is that there is little difference in terms of THC yield/hit using a long preheat (20 minutes) vs a short one (a minute or two). It appears that once the heater light is indicating that the core has reached the target temp, the heater is quite capable of providing a stream of suitably heated air.

My subjective results only. YMMV. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Rocket J Squirrel,

the electrician

All those accessories are just replacement parts, you should get plenty of each with the unit itself. That seems like an alright price, the uk seems to overprice everything anyway, then again im not an expert any more. My advice is to pick up a bong if you dont have one already, hours of fun to be had with an extreme and a bong

As for pre-heating, i dont think really bother anymore. I turn it on and hit it until something comes out, maybe blast the fan at the for a second or two until i see some vapour appear. It may not be the best idea but fuck it, it works

the electrician,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
I let the vape warm up for 5 mins.

when packing the cyclone bowl, I let it preheat for 2 minutes or so.

I almost exclusively use the elbow pack method with the whip though. always use the fan on speed 1 whenever hitting it. there is no need to preheat. I vape at 175, sometimes 170 depending on the strain. don't bother going higher. I find this is best way to taste, and pure thc high.

Persona Non Grata,
how are you vaporizing at 200 C ? I thought THC didn't vaporize till 220 C ? ?

for heating my extreme I just turn it to 220 C and put the fan on setting #1 and it takes mabye 2 minutes and the bowl is hot to the touch and ready to vape with .

BcBud420,

Rocket J Squirrel

The temp readout on the vaporizer is not the temp of the herb. It's the temp at the thermal sensor. I believe that THC will cheerfully vaporize at 180C, and I get plenty of thin gray vapor at the 200C setting. And it gets me buzzed. If that ain't THC then I'm a perfect candidate for placebo medications.

Some folk like the effect of nearly-pure THC, others enjoy what the other cannabinoids, which vaporize at higher temperatures, provide.

You might try 200C with a fresh pack and see what you get. Your mileage will vary.

Rocket J Squirrel,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
The screws that hold the metal cylinder into the plastic base of my extreme no longer screw in tightly. There are no threads in the metal it just has to line up right I guess. It's been this way for a whil but it's really bugging me now. ANyone had any luck fixing this?

bluntfaced,

ClemsonVapor489

Rocket J Squirrel said:
"...normally i have both items held in hand to make sure there are no errors."

I'd kind of want the vape and the bong or bubbler to both be securely sitting on the table. I know my limitations. So I reckon I'll need some kind of a Extreme > Bong setup with tubing. Thanks for the info on the downstem connection, I'll start hunting for bit.
SS sells some glass on glass adapters for 14 and 18 (or 19)mm.

http://www.silversurfervap.com/Other_Parts.htm

I can't vouch for them personally, but they should make it easy to set your vape on a table.

ClemsonVapor489,

bruceW

Greetings,
I am new to the site. I have been vaporizing about a year (hotbox and another whip-type with temp control). I really see the benefits of vaping but always felt I wasn't getting it ocmpletely right.
I just got my Extreme about 1/2 hour ago, two bags later and I am blown away by this thing. Much more efficient and powerful than my old methods. I really like this machine.
Enjoy

bruceW,

the electrician

Heres one you should enjoy. Always pack two bowls, one active bowl to be vaporized and the other you exhale your massive great vapour clouds through. Might as well put to it use ey

the electrician,

MonarchX

For how long can I leave my Extreme Vaporizer on? I set it at 220C most of the time. Will it be FUBAR quicker if I leave it on for 3-4 hours at a time?

MonarchX,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
MonarchX said:
For how long can I leave my Extreme Vaporizer on? I set it at 220C most of the time. Will it be FUBAR quicker if I leave it on for 3-4 hours at a time?
fuuuuuuuck no! The thing comes with a shut off timer that can be set to 4 hours, so you know that will be no problem. I have left mine on overnight at times by accident with no problem. I always leave mine on the entire evening when vaping with it so I don't have to go in and warm it up all the time.

stickstones,

Rocket J Squirrel

Any decent small electric heater, like them little puppies folk put under their desks to keep their toesies warm can be left on 24/7. A good vaporizer should be build with parts that are every bit as reliable.

Rocket J Squirrel,

RPM007

Just picked up food grade vinyl tubing at the hardware store for $.22/ft. It measures 1/4"I.D. x 3/8"O.D. 'Bout to rip a vape for the first time since last Saturday and play some Modern Warfare 2.

RPM007,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I was thinking the other day that the only thing that might make me use bags is that you could exhale back into them, thus avoiding lossage.

I was wondering about the cool down time. I preheat at 240, loaded or empty, usually 20 minutes or so. Then, thanks to a tip in #fuckcombustion (see Chat Room at the top of the page, and by the way, it's IRC and we IRCers are snobs and hate when you call a channel a chat room) I drop down to 160 and hit.

I notice whenever I drop the temp it goes down pretty quickly, but when I turn it off I can usually get two or three more hits. The first one is more than enough to clear out anything already in the whip. It's usually at least a couple of minutes and likely more before I take the second hit, certainly longer than it takes to go from 240 to 160. Yet I can still draw some vapour, and sometimes, I can get even a third hit after another couple of minutes. So what's going on here?

There must still be heat, I guess, but then is the gauge lying when it shows an 80 degree drop in a minute or so? (I really should time that drop, but for some reason I keep forgetting to...)

pakalolo,

gotlucy

please help! i am traveling and i accidentally left my cord at home-- is there any way i can get another power adaptor quickly? is it 5v? i can't tell from looking at the extra battery pack pictures, it's universal.

does anyone know what i can buy on the fly??

gotlucy,

Rocket J Squirrel

My Extreme's power supply puts out 19 V DC, and is rated for 3500mA. This is standard laptop power supply voltage, and any laptop computer power supply that can handle the Mains voltage where you are, outputs 19VDC, and is rated for 3500mA or greater will work. The trick is finding one with the right size connector on it to fit the base of the Extreme, and making sure that it is polarized right. According the the sticker on my Extreme's power supply, the center pin is +.

Rocket J Squirrel,

gotlucy

thanks so much, rocket!!! i'm assuming the power supply is the same for all the versions with the different temp sensor locations-- mine is the most recent. and i am in the US

gotlucy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom