Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It is constantly condensing, so the sooner the better. Most people say 15 to 30 minutes...I've never done it.

stickstones,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
sugarloafer said:
I just ordered an extreme today and I'm pumped to get it. Thanks for all the good info! Just one question... How long will the vapor last in the bags without losing it's potency?
I pulled this off of http://vaporizer-info.com/effective_vaporizing
The amount of time the vapor is stored (for example in a balloon) before it's inhaled
The longer it takes before the vapor is inhaled, the more THC or other active ingredients will settle on the inside of the vaporizer or balloon. This loss may be negligible if it's only a couple of minutes, but can be up to 50% if the vapor is stored for more than 90 minutes.
I have no idea where they are pulling their data from so I take it for what its worth.

umpnum14,
hello all! finally decided to register an account on here after following this thread and deciding to get an extreme vape. I ordered it yesterday and expect it by this weekend. I am a medical patient in california and use cannabis on a daily basis for medicinal use and occasionally for recreational use so i need a healthy way to obtain cannabinoids and since my problems are in my stomcah (gastroperesis and other nasty stuff) edibles are not an option for me. i currently own a PD but it has started to overheat and i am getting serious combustion from it :( and since purple days is overwhelmed right now and laggin on getting me anything new or fixed or even a response i decided i needed something new. i have tried volcanos and love the bag option so i wanted something that had that option. and the extreme seems like the best for the money and the only one with a remote, bag, whip, and assisted whips. how could i say no to that? anyway just checking in and i cant wait for my extreme to arrive. :peace:

jd123,

Melizzard

minuteman420 said:
I think maybe vaporpedia could be updated saying, to start at a lower temp like 190 or 180 for the thickest vapor, and either crank up slowly, or start at 250 240 for a really thick almost smoky vapor.
I just got my Extreme ... my first vape. I'm a medical user who needs it for appetite. I tried it at 200, but only let the bowl warm up for about 5 minutes after reaching temperature. Maybe that wasn't long enough, but it wasn't enough for me to even know I was getting vapor and definitely not enough to give me the munchies. I'm not experienced enough with it to try to hit it more than once and not get too high to function. LOL But when I crank it up to, say, 220, let the vape warm up for 10, then 10 with the bowl (as per the vaporpedia instructions), WOW! I can tell I'm getting vapor, and I get plenty of buzz ... enough for munchies ... off of one hit. Is that too high?

Or should I perhaps let the warmup go like the instructions, just at a lower setting? Are you guys using vape on demand with that 190? And can you see the vapor?

Still learning ... steep curve! But definitely fun! ;)

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

Melizzard

stickstones said:
I don't do many bags anymore, but I have noticed that using the elbow pack method, oddly enough, keeps the screen cleaner. The herb just taps out cleanly, whereas when using the cyclone bowl as intended the herbs get stuck in there and I eventually need to replace the screen. This is using the whip, however, as I have only used the elbow pack for a bag once. I did get screen gunking using the whip and cyclone together.
I have found the same thing using the whip. I read the vaporpedia instructions on the elbow pack, but I didn't quite understand it. I mean, I understood how to pack the screen in the elbow, but the the elbow is upside down. Is this the elbow on the whip or what? And then how do you get the elbow put in place, for use, upside down?

Confused ... :ko:

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

Melizzard

WHat's the best way to remove that elbow screen for cleaning? I use the whip only, so far, and it does get clogged mighty quickly ... I use it twice a day only ... one - two hits each time.

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

Melizzard

max said:
What is this elbow method I am reading??
Packing the elbow screen instead of loading the bowl provides a bed of dense herb for the hot airstream to go through. You're heating more herb per hit for a more vapor rich hit.
So then you put the packed elbow in just like you would the cyclone bowl with herb (only the bowl is empty) upside down? And how long do you have to let it heat up before you hit it?

Is it way more of a high than the whip w/cyclone bowl? I've been getting plenty high on one hit off the whip at 220

Melissa

Melizzard,

umpnum14

Melizzard said:
WHat's the best way to remove that elbow screen for cleaning? I use the whip only, so far, and it does get clogged mighty quickly ... I use it twice a day only ... one - two hits each time.

xxoo
Melissa
Welcome to FC Melissa ;)

simply use your fingernail or something like that and lift up along the edge of the screen

Melizzard said:
I have found the same thing using the whip. I read the vaporpedia instructions on the elbow pack, but I didn't quite understand it. I mean, I understood how to pack the screen in the elbow, but the the elbow is upside down. Is this the elbow on the whip or what? And then how do you get the elbow put in place, for use, upside down?

Confused ... ko
Pack the screen on the elbow and place it on the bowl (Usually empty) on the Extreme just like normal let it sit for a little bit to and then hit it just like you would as if herb were in the bowl

umpnum14,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
stickstones said:
bluntfaced said:
Arright so I've dialed in my keif vaping technique.
This thing is a hash making machine.

Sorry I can't take pictures but I feel like I was pretty descriptive so try thiss shiit.
I'm giving this a shot. I'm using very finely ground bud. Just ran through the steps and popped off the bottom screen. Problem is, I've never seen hash or melt. Mine looks like a finely packed golden brown screen. Should it have a glaze over it or something? I have no clue what it should look like, but I would love to get this technique down!
You gotta use keif man, finely ground bud doesn't cut it

bluntfaced,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
Melizzard said:
max said:
What is this elbow method I am reading??
Packing the elbow screen instead of loading the bowl provides a bed of dense herb for the hot airstream to go through. You're heating more herb per hit for a more vapor rich hit.
So then you put the packed elbow in just like you would the cyclone bowl with herb (only the bowl is empty) upside down? And how long do you have to let it heat up before you hit it?

Is it way more of a high than the whip w/cyclone bowl? I've been getting plenty high on one hit off the whip at 220

Melissa
lol its funny you mention this because i usually get high off one hit too. it just tastes so damn good that i keep going. I vape at 190-210 with the elbow screen pack method. all you have to do is pack the elbow screen with your meds and put it in as you normally would but leave the turbo bowl clear(or with more meds if thats your style:ko:). the bud will stay in the elbow and won't fall to the bottom. also, instead of making multiple posts, just use the edit button. welcome. :)

illadelph,

Melizzard

Umpnum said: Pack the screen on the elbow and place it on the bowl (Usually empty) on the Extreme just like normal let it sit for a little bit to and then hit it just like you would as if herb were in the bowl.

Can I use ground bud or does it have to be kief? And what, exactly, is kief? When I grind my bud, nothing drops past the screen ...

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

Melizzard

illadelph said:
you can just use ground bud melissa.

here is a link to some info on kief.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kief
Ahhhh thanks, Illadelph! And what is the diff between using the elbow pack and the cyclone bowl besides thicker vapor? Does the elbow get you higher than the cyclone? Cuz I don't need THAT right now! LOL Does it use less herb? And does the screen come clean more easily that way (cuz I get quite a bit of clog up with vape on demand)?

Thanks a ton!
Melissa

Melizzard,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Melissa, yes, yes and yes. I only use the elbow pack method as it is K.O.! In your case just pack the elbow half full and you'll really be saving on herb. Don't be afraid of raising the temps when using the elbow as it is further from the heater. 220c-235c is good for v3.0 of the Extreme which is what you have. Try my recipe and let me know:

1] pack elbow and test by sucking on whip, there should be a little resistance (too much resistance = stir bowl and repack with less pressure, too little resistance = add more herb and/or repack tighter)

2] place packed elbow on empty cyclone bowl

3] turn on Extreme at max temp. 260c and let everything heat up for about 15 minutes (set auto off timer to 120 minutes so that a countdown timer will be displayed on main screen)

4a] take first hit at 260c but don't pull too hard/long or you will be overcome by vapor and cough it out wasting it. This 1 light/short hit at high temp will not combust but you will really feel it. Then turn it down to minimum of 220c or maximum 235c and hit it hard and many times until no more exhaled vapor.
or
4b] turn temp down to minimum of 220c or maximum 235c and hit it hard and many times until no more exhaled vapor

5] in both cases 4a or 4b use the Extreme's built in timer to time how long you inhale and hold in the vapor. You should fill your lungs to capacity in about 10 seconds and hold for a minimum of 20 seconds using the built in timer (an Arizer exclusive).

6] when no more vapor appears for 2 consecutive exhales, hold down the up temp button until temp is at 260c and Extreme reaches and maintains 260c for a few minutes, don't take any hits at this point

7] turn Extreme off and after a minute or two, take one or two more hits just to clear the tubing etc. of any residual vapor

Sit back and enjoy being Deepfried

** going to 260c for a few minutes at end of session is so that next time you turn it on it is already set to 260c to preheat and also to keep your elbow screen self cleaning

DeepFried,

Melizzard

Great instructions, Deep!!!! But right now, if I use the bowl on 220, one good hit and I'm wasted. I really don't need anything stronger than that right now. Is there a way to do an elbow hit ... just one ... that would be the equivalent of one bowl hit? Cuz I have no tolerance, am on the primo medical herb, and need to still be functional. ;)

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
just pack less in the elbow, how much less I am not sure as I always pack a full elbow, I wish I had your problem LOL. Try half an elbow to start and see how it goes.

DeepFried,

Melizzard

DeepFried said:
just pack less in the elbow, how much less I am not sure as I always pack a full elbow, I wish I had your problem LOL. Try half an elbow to start and see how it goes.
After my one hit, if there's more left, can I just leave it there and use it again later?

Melissa

Melizzard,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
you can use your packed elbow as many times as will give you vapor. this im sure will be a lot more than 1 time. the only thing i would recommend is that after you are done taking your hit or however many you take, release the elbow from the bowl that way it isnt in contact with any heat source and therefore can't inadvertently vape your bud.

illadelph,

Melizzard

And it's a "heavier" hit than with the bowl, so perhaps I should take a smaller hit the first time? Or hold it in less time?

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
experiment for yourself. only you can master your tolerance. experimentation is half the wonder of vaping, the other half is wondering what happened after you're vaked. :lol:

illadelph,

umpnum14

Melizzard said:
Great instructions, Deep!!!! But right now, if I use the bowl on 220, one good hit and I'm wasted. I really don't need anything stronger than that right now. Is there a way to do an elbow hit ... just one ... that would be the equivalent of one bowl hit? Cuz I have no tolerance, am on the primo medical herb, and need to still be functional. ;)

xxoo
Melissa
Oh to have that problem LMAO
I go through about 1/2 oz a week (A lot of elbows)

umpnum14,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i wouldnt even be able to get through a quarter in a week and i vape a lot.:o

how do you do it ump? all day every day? :lol:

illadelph,

Melizzard

Too funny!!!!! :lol: Though not funny for your wallet! :rolleyes:

Last night I turned my temp from 220 down to 210 and let it warm up a good long time, as per the vaporpedia instructions. Less vapor, but OMG it slapped me silly. And has anyone else found that vapor will sneak up on you 15 minutes after you do it? With combustion, it's pretty immediate, but the full effects don't get me for several minutes after, so I have to take a hit and wait a few before deciding on another. Well, I decided for a second hit last night and was totally couch-locked!!!!! LOL

Today's a bummer because I have to go for a red blood cell transfusion and, thus, can't medicate before lunch like I usually do. :( Ah well, will just have to make up for it when I get home! LOL

xxo
Melissa

Melizzard,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
you'll definitly need to make up for a lost sesh. i love this new influx of extreme users and poster. :brow:

welcome all new fellow ETREMISTS!!:D

illadelph,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom