Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
yeah.... never been much for forms :cool:

i got no idea whats up w/ the quote thing. how i work it? I messed it up on the last page sorry.

In the past, forums to me seem just like "opinions" where i typically prefer cold hard facts, from some sort of official sites or viable source. For sports, news, other interests i simply like to form my own non bias opinion on most subjects.

but since vape is a passion within the last 18 months or so, since i got my VapeBro (VB?)., i have craved extra info on vaping that sites, first hand experience, and official vaporizing studies, just couldn't fulfill on their own. My vape curiosity and passion is too strong. Basically. . . I love my new vape family.

IAmKrazy2,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Welcome to FC, IAmKrazy2, glad you're enjoying your new toys.

If you click the BBCode link underneath the box where you type your post it will explain how to use quotes, etc.

I see you figured out how to edit your posts. It's all pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

:peace:

vtac,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
ah thanks for tip. i see now BBCode. should help a bit, but mistakes might still happen. will learn over time, thanks. someone else also noted for me to edit test, rather then post multiple times in another thread. so i did get a nudge in the correct direction.

IAmKrazy2,

minuteman420

So i just wanted to make a suggestion about the "How to use the extreme vaporizer" page on vapepedia.

I'm not really sure on how to modify it. but i think the instructions need to be changed. When i first got my vape i went according to those instructions and with the V3 it says to start somewhere around 250. Obviously this was too high, and was pretty much combusting my weed.

My suggestion is that people should start around 170-180 and work there way up. Usually i hit the sweet spot at 190, and tend to exhaust all the vapor at that temp. Then i set it to 230 to milk whats left.

minuteman420,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
minuteman420 said:
So i just wanted to make a suggestion about the "How to use the extreme vaporizer" page on vapepedia.

I'm not really sure on how to modify it. but i think the instructions need to be changed. When i first got my vape i went according to those instructions and with the V3 it says to start somewhere around 250. Obviously this was too high, and was pretty much combusting my weed.

My suggestion is that people should start around 170-180 and work there way up. Usually i hit the sweet spot at 190, and tend to exhaust all the vapor at that temp. Then i set it to 230 to milk whats left.
this is usually exactly what i do and i use the elbow pack method along with it.

illadelph,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
I do the bags at the vaporpedia recommended temp and do fine. Herb is little dark but no combustion and im still able to use it to cook with. I have tried bags at the lower temp but I have found I get more vapor at the recommended temp. CD has posted a thread about his take on new tips http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=270 and recomended temps for the bags, he even has a pic showing the thickness of the vapor at that temp its so thick you cant see the book behind the bag.

umpnum14,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I agree 150 is way too high starting around 175/180 is the way to go

Of course if you roast the herb into a bag you're gonna get super thick vapor that's not necessarily a good thing

bluntfaced,

minuteman420

turn on your vap to the max temp (350 or 250 or ?!?!) = quoting cleardome

I know that some people like really thick vapor, so thick in fact that it will make you choke and cough.

But one of the reasons i got a vape is so that i dont have to suffer with that annoyingness when im trying to enjoy my melllow, vaping at that temp not only will fry my herb to a crisp, but it will scorch my throat.

Again that is only my opinion.

I think maybe vaporpedia could be updated saying, to start at a lower temp like 190 or 180 for the thickest vapor, and either crank up slowly, or start at 250 240 for a really thick almost smoky vapor.

minuteman420,

umpnum14

I have read at more than one site that THC is a "powerful" expectorant. So dont think that the coughing is due to something bad. My extreme Im able to go max without coughing or combusting any herb. However on my O2 Mini i cough from it. Im pretty comfortable that the coughing is due to the THC and not combusting or tars or anything like that. But like you said you got to find what works for you.
Of course thats jmo;)

umpnum14,

minuteman420

Well thats good to know.
To me it just seems more logical to start lower and work your way higher instead of starting at the highest temp. If you think about it its kinda like barbecquing, you dont barbecque something on the highest possible temperature, no you burn very valuable things when doing that. I prefer to slowly work my way up, getting everything i can out of the herbs.

edit: another question, is there anything special you guys do about cooldown? I tend to unplug my unit right after i finish filling the bag, anything wrong with that? should i turn the temperature down first or something and let it sit at a lower temperature with the fan on to cool the heating element?

minuteman420,

umpnum14

I use mine so much that honestly I simply keep it on the timer (2 Hr) and use it till it turns off. If you could damage it by not cooling it down in stages Arizer wouldn't have added the "sleep timer" feature so I wouldn't worry too much about letting it cool off before turning it off

umpnum14,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
we just need to find a place that can make custom extreme pieces. it could make a big difference as far as efficiency and vapor thickness. looking at pics of custom extreme pieces makes me so jealous. :|

illadelph,

minuteman420

WOwOW have i got a story about the vaporizers awesomeness.

So theres three guys i hang out with, A, B, C. Now I'm probably the newest to the group, lowest tolerance least experience etc. Then there's A. He's a tank needs to smoke 2 bowls out of a bong to get baked. B, is also a heavy man, he smokes about a bowl to himself to get stoned. C is the same as B.

So i took my vape (of course the extreme) to A's house today for the first time. We proceeded to put about a bowls worth into the vape. And fill bags, After about 2 bags the four of us were completely smashed. And these were two bags at 190 and 200 celsius.

Now all 3 of them want to get this vaporizer :D

minuteman420,

minuteman420

Also i was wondering, i have yet to pack the elbow and will probably be trying it tonight.
When i do so is it better to use a whip or fill up a bag?

And will one elbow pack cover me you guys think? I have a really low tolerance, or will i need two elbow packs?

minuteman420,

Dankgerous

So theres three guys i hang out with, A, B, C. Now I'm probably the newest to the group, lowest tolerance least experience etc. Then there's A. He's a tank needs to smoke 2 bowls out of a bong to get baked. B, is also a heavy man, he smokes about a bowl to himself to get stoned. C is the same as B.
It takes a heavy man one bowl to get baked? Haha, minuteman, I feel like I'm hearing about an alternate universe, or maybe I just smoke too much (if that's possible!)
But, I'm a 115 lb girl and it takes me AT LEAST one bowl out of my magical bong Merlin to get high. And I live in Northern California and have my club card so you know my shit ain't bammer ;) But to each his own....

Anyway: the Extreme
I'm getting one! It seems unbeatably the best vaporizer for the price, unless you really don't care about the bells and whistles and just want a good whip vaporizer.
I wanted to point out that the Extreme is now advertised with a LIFETIME WARRANTY! Woohoo!

~Allie
P.S. how do you make that emoticon that's smoking a joint??

Dankgerous,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
ump...I can't tell you how many times I've wiped my screen because of your stupid bug! Even when sober!

stickstones,

umpnum14

stickstones said:
ump...I can't tell you how many times I've wiped my screen because of your stupid bug! Even when sober!
I know right The first time I saw it I tried to kill it only to have it crawl out from under my finger, I was like WTF
LMAO
Ill change it soon enough to another flavor of the month

umpnum14,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
bluntfaced said:
Arright so I've dialed in my keif vaping technique.
This thing is a hash making machine.

Here's what I do, everything goes down in the elbow joint.
I start by covering the bottom of the screen in just enough bud so the keif won't be touching the screen, I worry about it sucking through, maybe that's impossible but I'm pretty convinced it happed to me.

Now I load the screen like 2/3 of the way up with keif, you could fit more though.

Then I take another elbow joint screen and press it down on top of that one.

I put it in the bowl, hit it a couple times on 180 (3rd gen). Take it out, push it down a little hit it again.

Pop the second screen out and theres a beautiful light brown rock of melt hash.

Hits for days on really low temps so I've been doing it with a mini whip set-up.

Sorry I can't take pictures but I feel like I was pretty descriptive so try thiss shiit.
I'm giving this a shot. I'm using very finely ground bud. Just ran through the steps and popped off the bottom screen. Problem is, I've never seen hash or melt. Mine looks like a finely packed golden brown screen. Should it have a glaze over it or something? I have no clue what it should look like, but I would love to get this technique down!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I just edited the Vaporpedia E page for lower temps. It's funny, that thing resembles what I originally wrote, but a lot has changed!

stickstones,

sugarloafer

I just ordered an extreme today and I'm pumped to get it. Thanks for all the good info! Just one question... How long will the vapor last in the bags without losing it's potency?

sugarloafer,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom