Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
umpnum14 said:
vtac said:
Ok, the last thread hit 10 pages, time for a new one!.......
Am I the only one to find humor in this ? :D
Maybe if people would stop double posting.... :p

10 pages... :lol: Those were simpler times.

Yes it would be nice if someone very knowledgeable on the Extreme and this thread decided to elegantly summarize all the important stuff from this thread and start a new one.

I've been trying to update the OP in this thread and work on the vaporpedia article... don't even own an Extreme. :)

vtac,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Sounds like what I've been working on, I just can't find my damn camera and want to show pics of my setup and process.

Durden,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Finally tried stickstones "E hash making" tip. It is worth the small effort. Much better than just smoking keif standard in the elbow.

Packed the elbow almost full w/ keif, but was able to push it down a bit w/ the second "sandwich" screen. Hash came out in a disk, but i broke it up last night with some dry powder of my finest and packed some in the ellbow. I preheated the E 15mins, popped on the elbow, and turned it down to 190 v3. Waited. Once it was lightly puffing, dropped it 5 degrees. Took many light tasty puffs for 30 straight minutes. Removed it from the heat and stirred it. Great sleep. When i woke up (today is my day off), i started the process over with the same bowl. Great morning.

IAmKrazy2,

Evil1

My Extreme has arrived - one week - not bad.
Im going to fire it up tonight.
Bong from EDIT is scheduled to arrive on Monday.

Evil1,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
IAmKrazy2 said:
Finally tried stickstones "E hash making" tip. It is worth the small effort. Much better than just smoking keif standard in the elbow.

Packed the elbow almost full w/ keif, but was able to push it down a bit w/ the second "sandwich" screen. Hash came out in a disk, but i broke it up last night with some dry powder of my finest and packed some in the ellbow. I preheated the E 15mins, popped on the elbow, and turned it down to 190 v3. Waited. Once it was lightly puffing, dropped it 5 degrees. Took many light tasty puffs for 30 straight minutes. Removed it from the heat and stirred it. Great sleep. When i woke up (today is my day off), i started the process over with the same bowl. Great morning.
No big deal, but bluntfaced is the one sharing this technique. I actually haven't done it right yet! :lol:

Glad to see it is working for you.

stickstones,

Evil1

Can anyone tell me what the 1" tube off-cuts are for ? They came in a small bag with the spare whip peices.

Evil1,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
are you referring to the glass mouth pieces?, otherwise is it cut pieces of the whip hose?

DeepFried,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I don't remember getting anything like that, unless they were packed around my glass whip mouthpieces as a protector. :o

IAmKrazy2,

Evil1

Cut peices of the hose.
Makes sense that they're protectors.
Later dudes - Im off to bake. I'll file a flight report tomorrow.

Evil1,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I asked Arizer and they said "The 2 couplers included in with the Whip Mouthpieces are to be used for interchangeable mouthpieces. The coupler gets attached to one end of the Whip Mouthpiece and the coupler fits onto the ends of the 3 foot whip or Balloon mouthpieces - so that everyone will have there own mouthpiece when sharing. The whip mouthpieces can also be used for spares/back up if needed."

DeepFried,

MostlyStoned

So as the subject stetes my power cord has crapped out on me. This thing takes a beating though... I've probably hit the power cord with my foot a dozen times and caused it it fly like it was shot fom a catapult.

After all that abuse, the power cord goes...:lol: I know its the power cord because the green light has stopped working and when I plug in another cord, it turns on, but won't heat up...since its not the proper voltage.

I have 3 questions:

1. Where do I get A New Power Cord From?
2. Will Any 110 V Power Cord Do The Job?
3. Who Has The Lowest Price On The Portable Power Unit For The V-Tower Extreme?

Thanks, this is my first post....
I'm MostlyStoned

MostlyStoned,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
Welcome to FC MostlyStoned.
You will find that pretty much all three of these questions have been answered in other threads but mainly Here Use the search tool to help you navigate through the forum. Most questions especially about the extreme have been asked multiple times and have been answered as many and more.
Forum Rules said:
Please search and read (lurk) before posting or making a new thread; your question may have been answered or a similar topic may exist (both very likely). No one likes answering the same question over and over, or, 10 threads on the same topic. Posting in the right section/thread and staying on topic helps keeps things organized and civil. Please proofread your posts for clarity and quality- being intoxicated is not a valid excuse.
Regarding your questions
i refer you to use the The search tool
Will lead you here
Again welcome to FC

umpnum14,

MostlyStoned

umpnum14 said:
Welcome to FC MostlyStoned.
You will find that pretty much all three of these questions have been answered in other threads but mainly Here Use the search tool to help you navigate through the forum. Most questions especially about the extreme have been asked multiple times and have been answered as many and more.
Forum Rules said:
Please search and read (lurk) before posting or making a new thread; your question may have been answered or a similar topic may exist (both very likely). No one likes answering the same question over and over, or, 10 threads on the same topic. Posting in the right section/thread and staying on topic helps keeps things organized and civil. Please proofread your posts for clarity and quality- being intoxicated is not a valid excuse.
Regarding your questions
i refer you to use the The search tool
Will lead you here
Again welcome to FC
Thank you for your reply and for quoting the rules, :rolleyes: My search before my post only turned up many ideas from people who think this or that will work and tons of pages which didn't pertain to my question.

I'm just looking for a direct answer from someone who has had this problem before...didn't see that on your suggestion...only allot of guesses, and ideas of what could, may or might work...no conformed answers.

If anyone has the legitimate answer...who has possibily experienced this before, and has purchased a new charger (plug in or battey pack) from somewhere, If they can share the info .....instead of quoting the rules...that would be totally cool.

I'm not a noob, I'm a coder, cracker, and hacker. I own multiple websites and a green clean floor care business. I'm not doing research, just looking for someone cool, who is willing to share the info....I mean come on man....I'm MostlyStoned.

MostlyStoned,

umpnum14

Dude I'm not being an Ass. The second post on the Topic I sent you to gives you the specs on the Extreme Adapter
110 V 1.8 A/19 V 4.7 Amp P/S . You could probably figure out that a quick search of those specs on ebay list 1 or 2 P/S :-) Find the right tip size and polarity and your good to go. You could always email arizer about how much an oem one is. They also offer a battery pack for $99 plus shipping . There is also a post about the extreme battery pack Here Look at post #17
I quoted the rules just to suggest that maybe the question could have been asked Here instead of starting a new thread.
I'm not being an ass dude just pointing a few things out.

if someone could post the tip size (both id and od) id be willing to buy one off ebay to test one out (I repair pcs's and laptop's, its not theory, if I buy the right specs I am that certain that it will work)

Again Stoned Welcome to FC :cool:

umpnum14,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome to the forum, stoned! Before you go out and buy anything, email Arizer. I don't know how long you have had your unit, but my adapter crapped out on my in the first year and they replaced it, as they were getting some bad ones from their supplier. Go that route first and you may end up spending nothing. Otherwise you are doomed to search for an alternative using the specs umpnum helpfully linked you to.

I am going to merge this thread with the E thread if I can figure out how to do it.

stickstones,

MostlyStoned

stickstones said:
I am going to merge this thread with the E thread if I can figure out how to do it.
Thats why I couldn't find my answer to begin with, because threads which are similar but not the same keep getting put into one unorganized mess. Like I said before, I'm a webmaster and combining threads which are similar, but not from the same thread, (Over 60 Pages of mixed threads) is just confusing and when it comes to finding what your exact question is by searching...it becomes much easier/faster to just ask the question in a normal board.

Which is why there are over 60 pages...of threads which only have the name in common...V tower...

Thank you for your reply sickstones, I now know what I'll do...Contact the maker, his waranty is very specific to the heating unit, so I didn't think to hopefully get a new on for free. I had posted this in the hopes of finding someone who had replaced (not in theory) it with a generic, power pack.

Just trying to save a $20 spot...you know.:D

umpnum14, after reading the above posts I'm sure you understand my frustration. Looking for the answer in this mess of combined threads is hard on the eyes, and my search (once I seen 60 pages of combined threads, I just posted the question) didn't return the results I was looking for.

If you know much about hackers/crackers/webmasters, quoting rules/tos/faq only makes us laugh...not that they don't apply to us, but quoting the above mentioned is like trying to give an adult a baby bottle and in my opinion, something which only mods and admin should do.

Thanks Again
sickstones & umpnum14

I am MostlyStoned

MostlyStoned,

umpnum14

MostlyStoned said:
when it comes to finding what your exact question is by searching...it becomes much easier/faster to just ask the question in a normal board.

Which is why there are over 60 pages...of threads which only have the name in common...V tower...

I am MostlyStoned
Stoned its cool. Personally I think its just a matter of learining how to use the search tool provided (No sarcasim I'm being serious)
For example searching for V Tower with the forum default does in fact bring up 60 plus pages which would be exhaustive for anyone to read through, stoned or not. ;) But when I searched for V Tower and changed the search in to message text only under select where to search and under "select how to view search results" change show results as post will greatly reduce your results down to just a few pages. Probably wont find what your looking for though. Now search for "Extreme Power supply". That returns 1 page of results which has all the info you need.
I have an MSDBA & MSDE .net so to say I have a strong background in web and databases, would be an understatement. So yes i get the culture of hackers and such.
I know about the power supply issue because I have my own Company and I replace OEM P/S on computers weekly with aftermarket p/s often, so I know that you get the right specs then there isn't any reason it shouldn't work. Just don't be cheap on it because a cheap power supply are often the ones that don't provide adequate surge protection that HAS the potential fry your unit depending on the weather and your powergrid
When I lived in Florida I was constantly replacing computers that had been fried due to lightning strikes and brown outs. The most common cause was a power supply w/o adequate surge protection.

MostlyStoned said:
..... and in my opinion, something which only mods and admin should do.
Fair enough

umpnum14,

Durden

I am Jack's title
MostlyStoned said:
Thats why I couldn't find my answer to begin with, because threads which are similar but not the same keep getting put into one unorganized mess. Like I said before, I'm a webmaster and combining threads which are similar, but not from the same thread, (Over 60 Pages of mixed threads) is just confusing and when it comes to finding what your exact question is by searching...it becomes much easier/faster to just ask the question in a normal board.
For future reference, if you had posted your exact post in this thread originally it would most likely have been answered directly. The tragedy of the commons applies to everyone, and with a bunch of random threads to check questions would fall through the cracks in the future. I've made it a nearly daily ritual to check the threads of the units I own and I'm sure many others do as well since answers are usually posted before I even get to read them.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. :cheers:

Durden,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
stoned...we've gone back an forth on this forum over the last few months trying to get the best format for people to use. Right or wrong, for now we have chosen to keep model specific questions in the big master thread. No harm done, though, and I would like to thank whoever merged the threads since I couldn't figure it out ! :lol:

ump...you seem to have the best handle on how to search this site...I don't even know what the hell you're talking about! If you're up to it and want to post a new thread on how to best search for what you are looking for, I would make it a sticky in the 'ask the vaporists' forum. Let me know what you think.

stickstones,

umpnum14

TylerDurden said:
I've made it a nearly daily ritual to check the threads of the units I own and I'm sure many others do as well since answers are usually posted before I even get to read them.
I agree I do the same. I subscribe to the ones that interest me and then lurk for new threads and post of interest.
Thus the beauty of posting to the correct thread. Because those who own those vapes are most likely subscribed to those threads and would know when a new post is made.

umpnum14,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Glad to see I'm not the only thread-specific freak around here! I also keep up with the threads of units I own or plan to acquire.

stickstones,

Evil1

I used my Extreme this weekend - bags and whips. I found 185deg was about right for both.
Its an amazing peice of kit - design is excellent with a bit of bling in the form of flashing lights etc.
The only additions I'd suggest is modifying the timer to turn on at a specific time - it can already turn itself off - shouldn't be too difficuilt.

Has anyone ever corked their bags after filling them ? Thats one thing I liked about the 'cano was the one way valve.
Also - the forum suggests pre-heating for 20 minutes before using - I found 185deg was reached very quickly - why the need to pre-heat ?

Evil1,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I preheat for a few reasons, to let the herb decarboxylate a bit by sitting at 260c for a few minutes before turning it down and also to let all the thick glass parts really get hot and to an even temperature.

DeepFried,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom