Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Arright so I've dialed in my keif vaping technique.
This thing is a hash making machine.

Here's what I do, everything goes down in the elbow joint.
I start by covering the bottom of the screen in just enough bud so the keif won't be touching the screen, I worry about it sucking through, maybe that's impossible but I'm pretty convinced it happed to me.

Now I load the screen like 2/3 of the way up with keif, you could fit more though.

Then I take another elbow joint screen and press it down on top of that one.

I put it in the bowl, hit it a couple times on 180 (3rd gen). Take it out, push it down a little hit it again.

Pop the second screen out and theres a beautiful light brown rock of melt hash.

Hits for days on really low temps so I've been doing it with a mini whip set-up.

Sorry I can't take pictures but I feel like I was pretty descriptive so try thiss shiit.

bluntfaced,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
when you use the second elbow joint screen, do you put it on in the same direction as the original? like facing the same direction, to push it down a squish the keif? do you sandwhich herb on both sides in between? anyone else try? i am interested in checking this method. got a new grinder in the mail w/ keif tray.

you are able to puff keif as low as 180? wow. this i should also try. im usually up to 215+

IAmKrazy2,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
thanks blunt, I love the 2nd screen idea, hash in the Extreme elbow is divine but will try at 180c

DeepFried,

camelliarain

Soo i'm loving my new Extreme Vaporizer- its the V3 version i guess since its max temp is 260 C. I've been getting good results on 220 C sometimes i go up to 230 C. Is anyone else using these temps? Its seems like everyones going waay higher? Also i don't know if since i have the newer version the temp difference from heater core temp to temp hitting herbs is really 100 C difference? I suspect it is much less of a difference, anybody know for sure?

Ive been having some problems with the lcd display. Sometimes its nice & bright but then it fades out. Sometimes if i leave it unplugged a while it seems like when i plug it back in it works..but sometimes it doesnt. When its faded its faded so much you cant even seen the screen..anyone know about this or have similar problems? Aprreciate all replies! Thanx & keep vapein!:o:peace:

camelliarain,

duh

super welcome, camelliarain!

I have never heard of the lcd problem so you may need to send yours in.

If you are referring to the Vaporpedia page, it needs to be updated, imo. For the V3, 170 to 230 is pretty normal range - many people are recently reporting as 190C being the sweet spot. Again, you must let you unit stay turned on for a period before you can rely on the readings.

HTH!

duh,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
IAmKrazy2 said:
when you use the second elbow joint screen, do you put it on in the same direction as the original? like facing the same direction, to push it down a squish the keif? do you sandwhich herb on both sides in between? anyone else try? i am interested in checking this method. got a new grinder in the mail w/ keif tray.

you are able to puff keif as low as 180? wow. this i should also try. im usually up to 215+
Yeah both screens facing the same way so they squish the keif, the keif getting hot and squished well shit that's some hash. It tastes a little like smoking hash, or maybe it tastes like hash smells.

I start at 180 and usually only get it to 200/205 with keif, verrry slowly, it hits for a while at 180.

190/195 is definitely my sweet spot for bud I usually work it up to 215/220

bluntfaced,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
for most herb, i do work my way up from 200 to 230ish. Little higher for really moist, a bit less for dry. When i hook up my bong or whip, i also usually keep it a little higher then balloons, maybe be 5.

bluntface, thanks for tip. How low do you smoke your new hash? mix it w/ herb?

Anyone else rarely use bags? I bought a whole bunch more oven safe bags, and one official bag set. but i hate to reuse them more then a few times, even if i remove mouth piece in between to let air out. Vapor seems to form something that smells like mill do to me really quick on bags. Whip or whip to bong with ice no water has been my favorite overall.

IAmKrazy2,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Krazy...that smell is the vapor honey buildup that also gets in the tubing...a sign you are using it a healthy amount! :)

My bags all have a yellow tint to them because I never replace them or clean them out. The smell doesn't bother me, but I can see where it is strong enough to overwhelm someone who doesn't favor it.

Regardless, using the E with a bong is where it's at! Nowadays when I hit my E it is always with an elbow pack going to an inline with ice-catcher...fucks me up good!

stickstones,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
thanks for insite stickstones.

does anyone else agree with stickstones? anyone bag scared like me? the bags just smell like mil do, and i mean quick. i do not taste it, but seem to sneeze often after hits with the bags that have been used more? anyone know for sure "old bags" are safe? do you guys take off your mouth pieces at night after heavy bag use like me?

i do like me some nice vape honey, and can't wait to try the Grain Alch. trick i learned here but.... it just smells intimidating to me when bags get used, EXSPECIALLY after several weeks from a daily user such as me :cool:
Thoughts?

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Oh, almost forgot, tip i never saw posted here on bags:

For those who DO removed the mouth piece from bags often, instead of the second rubber band i usually use a little twisty-tie or whatever they are called. the kind you just get for free on a loaf of bread or something. quicker on and off, and work fine in place of the "fold the bag back over, or secound" rubber band used in bag placement.

oh, and i also used a nice piece of double sided velcro to keep my remote in place. it runs vertically on the right side of my base. if that makes sense. no camera, but if you hold your remote there it hangs off the side a litttle bit, but i still think its the best spot, or the same thing on the opposite side. far enough away from the heat, and the E usually sits to my right, optimal side for me. interested to know if anyone did the same thing, diffrent spot?

IAmKrazy2,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
Actually all I do is bags right now and I have alot of the accumulated honey too (i cant wait to clean it then reuse it)

umpnum14,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't know about cleaning bags...never did mine. The only things I have heard of are rubbing the bags with melted butter for cooking or rubbing them down with iso...don't know if either of these methods actually work, though.

stickstones,

umpnum14

Sorry my mistake I meant cleaning the elbow and tube. Regarding the bags I wouldn't attempt to clean them I would just bake a chicken in the bag (The idea is buried somewhere in this thread)

umpnum14,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
wow. bake some veggies and butter in. wow. an idea no doubt considering i use mostly "oven safe" replacement bags anyway. but like i said, i never let them get too bad.

IAmKrazy2,

umpnum14

Krazy a tip concerning the bags i havent seen posted yet. If you use the bags alot like me the elbow screen will gum up. If u dont scrape it, clean it, or replace it it will effect the performance of the vape. Sticks have you noticed this?

umpnum14,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
i've noticed, but i have a rotation of 6 screens and when one gets bad i put it w/ the "dirty screens" and when they are all dirty, previously i used rubbing alcohol. but grain alcohol is tempting after reading that tip.

IAmKrazy2,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't do many bags anymore, but I have noticed that using the elbow pack method, oddly enough, keeps the screen cleaner. The herb just taps out cleanly, whereas when using the cyclone bowl as intended the herbs get stuck in there and I eventually need to replace the screen. This is using the whip, however, as I have only used the elbow pack for a bag once. I did get screen gunking using the whip and cyclone together.

stickstones,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
i just got done with elbow pack. it is conservative, but i still prefer standard cyclone unless using kif. Or, if i have really high quality herb i might put some in the elbow, and put my regular (still good quality) down in the cyclone. after 3 or 4 drags i allow the elbow pack to drop down and mix 'er up.

IAmKrazy2,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
IAmKrazy2 said:
i just got done with elbow pack. it is conservative, but i still prefer standard cyclone unless using kif.
Krazy, if you think the cyclone bowl hits as hard as an elbow pack then maybe you are doing something wrong?. For me there is no comparison, elbow hits wayyyy harder kief or no kief.

I know a lot of people start at low temps and go up, but for me I am a believer in the 2006 study that has the most effective vaping temp at 226c. I don't have a complete copy of the study but the same parts are quoted on many sites if you search for it. I figure if I intend to go up to a max temp. of 220c then why start at 170c and go up?, it's just wasting time. Infact I start at 260c and let the packed elbow percolate at 260c for 10-15 minutes before turning it down to 220c to start hitting it.

Try DeepFried's recipe above for gettin Deepfried with your Extreme!

DeepFried,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
IAmKrazy2 said:
i just got done with elbow pack. it is conservative, but i still prefer standard cyclone unless using kif. Or, if i have really high quality herb i might put some in the elbow, and put my regular (still good quality) down in the cyclone. after 3 or 4 drags i allow the elbow pack to drop down and mix 'er up.
The elbow pack was first described to me by Steve at Arizer as something that is best with kif. I always use a fine grind of herb for the elbow pack.

stickstones,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
IAmKrazy2 wrote:

i just got done with elbow pack. it is conservative, but i still prefer standard cyclone unless using kif.

Krazy, if you think the cyclone bowl hits as hard as an elbow pack then maybe you are doing something wrong?. For me there is no comparison, elbow hits wayyyy harder kief or no kief.
Your right, if you leave it heating long enough it might "hit harder". but as i said i still simply prefer the cyclone. less resistance when i draw, because the screen isn't covered. I like to pack big bowls anyway. and i often use my bong and for sure prefer cyclone for that.

IAmKrazy2,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom