The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Never had balls to try this, but wish you good luck. I also had this idea and I think it can work well.

Seek,

SteveD

DrPiff said:
Had my EQ for almost two weeks and I just tried the bags last night. Not very impressed and I feel like I would have gotten higher packing the same amount of bud in two or 3 elbow packs. Needless to say that's probably the last time I'll be using the bags. Still have yet to try filling the cyclone up.

I also switched out the stock tubing for 7th floor tubing and it's a worthy upgrade. Also using a SSV mouthpiece with it as well.

The bags work fine if you let the full bowl heat up (about 5 min) and put it on fan#2 to blow up the bag. This works well.

SteveD,
geech420 said:
Alright... that extra grind really helped and that was w/the shitty plastic grinder that came w/EQ. I should be getting an aluminum 5 pc I ordered tomorrow so hope that will make it better.

Gonna put down the computer and go for that elbow hit now. I figure you were on the money about the grinder, you're prob right bout the elbow

Thanks

Lmao, reminds me of something that would come in a cereal box.

AppleWaffles,

werdupp

Hey guys just purchased this recently off of Amazon for $180 with Overnight shipping. Its been a great investment thus far and I'm really happy that I bought it. :D

I've been reading this thread for a couple weeks after purchase and just wanted to say I learned a lot by reading here. Sorry if this has already been posted but I found some pretty cool info here that helped me find a temp that worked well for me:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/543218-Specific-boiling-points-and-roles-of-cannabinoids

Thanks!!

werdupp,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
u bwade wunner said:
Thanks Seek

This is an experiment i tried today to fit an elbow screen into the centre of a cyclone bowl

Reasons why i did this are mentioned below.

I am very happy with the outcome.

It works good.

I picked up a 10mm arrowhead glass bit at hardware and drilled the centre of the cyclone bowl cooling everything in a little water as i drilled .the 10mm hole was too small for the i had to continue grinding a little bit at a time to make it large enough for the elbow screen to fit in tight'

some improvements i noticed after doing this mod

screen stays tight in the cyclone bowl and is not a worry moving around, sitting crooked or spinning any more while stirring in between hits.

temperatures settings are lower because the herb is closer to the heat source and because the thermostat is near the heater source, we are looking at more accurate temperature in the herb bowl.

larger heated surface area so everything heats evenly allowing denser clouds. so at 200c i had four cloudy vapor hits stir inbetween and a nice toasted herb at the end.

No more dumping that load onto youre precious heater cover.

the stirrer point and the ball end are great fr stirring and tamping down a load before vaping .It makes stirring the bowl now a pleasure rather than a drama

Id love to know if arizer tested this desigh in pre production.It makes absolute sense to have put the cyclone together like this.

if anyone else could have a go at this and let me know what they think of it.Please be careful and take youre time.

I removed the back of my house today while visiting my extreme during,pulling bricks out and slicing my sabre saw through hardwood beams.Cloudy heady clear hits were the go.Got my head around so much stuff that needed doing.i love the lower temps 180-200 and i love that the extreme can be set for that.i have other vapes but notice the controlled temperature hits on this one give a crisp clearheaded hit that allow you to function and become the ninja around youre neck of the woods.

i got my idea from watching the the new vapes that are coming onto the market there bowl arrangements and so on.if you are watching you will instantly know the models I mean. water attachments and stuff yep....anyway

the best vape just got better.:)

Pics or it never happened!

Sounds awesome.

tranceporter,

Tim

Bwade, I also hope you can snap a few photos. The process seems simple enough, but I'd like to see what you ended up with!

Tim,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm curious about how easy it is to unclog and/or switch. I have to change elbow screens every two bowls or else they get next to impossible to draw through, and I can't see this being any different.

pakalolo,

Dackz

First time poster, first time good vape owner (Have Vapir mini portable).

I have a question tough. I want to use my vape over time, not just at once. Is it possible to get the unit warm, say 220c for 5 minutes or so, toss the cyclone bowl on top of it about 1/2 way to the black line, wait like two minutes, then lower the temp to around 190c or so and take a couple draws from the whip, then take the whip out and shit it off and leave the bowl in the unit, to cool off, then an hour or so later, do the same process except have had stirred the contents of the bowl up before placing it back on. Does this make sense?

Say I want to make 1 bag, hit that bag, and then do it again in an hour (or more) or whatever, I can do that right? I can warm the unit up, make my bag, hit my bag and take the cyclone bowl out and do it again later on if I like right? That to me would be the perfect scenario.

Im not really looking for a very smokey or heavy vapor, just efficient and a really nice, clean high.

This thread is LOADED with pages though and I cant seem to find this answer, so I thought I would ask. It will be here tomorrow and Im excited to get that 30 minute burn off done and use the thing!

Dackz,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If you want to preserve the herb in the bowl then you should take it off the unit when it is on. Even if the fan is off and you are not drawing on it, the heat from the base unit will eventually cook your herb by just sitting there.

So do as you described above, just take the bowl off the unit. Also, I don't see the need to preheat it higher than you are going to use it. Just set it at 190 and wait for it to get there. Even though it heats up in about five minutes, I find my best hits are after about ten minutes of warm up, with the bowl on the unit.

stickstones,

Dackz

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like about what I was thinking, as long as air isnt moving over the herb, I am good to go and will probably get more mileage out of my herb, and just take the bowl off the heat and set it on a heat safe surface. It will take a little getting used to for sure as to how far and how good it is, but thats the fun I guess. One bag my be enough to get me where I need, as well as maybe 2-3 draws, and then Im good to go there for about the next hour to two hours. What I vape now usually works for 2 hours or so, but its high grade and quality and that is all that this new vape will be getting, is good quality herb. Im excited to try it out tomorrow!

Dackz,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I always leave my partially vaped bowl on the heater and haven't noticed any passive loss during the hour or two (or three) that it's sitting there. If there is some degradation during this time, I have yet to notice it. One of the main things I like about the EQ is the fact that I can just walk up to it, take a hit and walk away only to come back some time later. Now granted, I use the elbow pack exclusively so the herb is a little farther removed from the cyclone screen, so this may play some role in the equation, and as always YMMV.

:peace:

Stu,

Dackz

Wow, that is great Stu, thanks! This is exactly one of the reasons I wanted to get this vape.

Would you say that its possible to leave the cyclone bowl on the heater as it is turned off and cools down, it wouldnt hurt anything except making the bowl cooler to handle correct? I really like how this will work for me, as I guess you can say Im a bit of a 'grazer' so to speak. I like a hit here, a hit there, and keeping a nice steady plateau instead a large peak and deep valley.

Dackz,

vladyk91

Hey everyone. I have an Extreme Q Vaporizer and have been extremely happy up until now. I received it a couple months ago as a gift. Now, just two months into ownership, the glass base surrounding the ceramic heating element snapped when i was taking the bowl off, and a chunk of the glass base came out stuck in the bowl with the ceramic element exposed.

has anyone else had this problem? Unit still works if i mcguyver it a bit, but seems annoying and shouldnt be breaking this soon into ownership. has anyone has experience with the extreme q folks? do they fix units? thanks.

vladyk91,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, no problem leaving the cyclone bowl on as it cools. I agree, it is a good "grazer" vape.

Stu,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Just tried the cyclone bowl for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. Numerous foggy hits later and my girl and I are vaped as shit off a .3. I kind of prefer the cyclone to the elbow if I'm not solo.

Been spending a lot of quality time with my EQ lately. In fact it's seen daily usage since purchase. :)

tranceporter,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The bad news is that the glass heater cover is not covered by warranty. The good news is that it is both inexpensive (should be around $15 at your local shop, or order it from Arizer) and user replaceable.

The heater cover is the weak point of all the Arizer Extreme models. You have to be careful removing bowls, especially when hot. Don't twist a stuck bowl, wait until it cools and then wiggle gently. If the heater cover breaks, do not continue to use the unit since there is a danger of inhaling small glass particles. There are instructions for doing the repair yourself in Vaporpedia:

How to repair your Extreme heater cover

The Q is slightly different from the Extreme v3 but not enough to matter. If you don't want to fix it yourself, Arizer will do it for a reasonable price (I think $25, check with them) but of course that involves shipping. and worse, loss of use while it's in the shop.

pakalolo,

vladyk91

I looked on Arizer's website and they don't sell this specific part. My local headshop also doesn't have anything close. Contacted Arizer but no response yet.

Any other suggestions?

vladyk91,

vladyk91

So, sorry to be a pain in the ass with this, but I tried unscrewing my Extreme Q at the base (per the instructions here: http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/How_...rizer#How_to_repair_your_Extreme_heater_cover.

Unfortunately, I think i have the newer model (the Q) and the metal cylinder doesn't slide off. It's fastened in such a way that i would have to uscrew the wiring boards and that seems like a bad idea. Still have had no response from the customer service people, contrary to the reports of speedy service.

Thanks for any help.

vladyk91,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
vladyk91 said:
So, sorry to be a pain in the ass with this, but I tried unscrewing my Extreme Q at the base (per the instructions here: http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/How_...rizer#How_to_repair_your_Extreme_heater_cover.

Unfortunately, I think i have the newer model (the Q) and the metal cylinder doesn't slide off. It's fastened in such a way that i would have to uscrew the wiring boards and that seems like a bad idea. Still have had no response from the customer service people, contrary to the reports of speedy service.

Thanks for any help.

You are not being a pain in the ass; getting help is one of the purposes of this forum.

I finally found the post that explains how to take the Q apart, with pictures:

Taking your Q apart, by Mr. Smoke No More

Arizer does sell the part, even if it's not listed. They are usually quick to reply to email, but you might try phoning for even quicker response. Good luck!

PS Once upon a time I had only an Extreme, then the heater cover broke. Now I own more than one vaporizer... ;)

pakalolo,

Dackz

Well it arrived and I got it out and setup and used already!

I must say, it was packaged nicely and safely, very sturdily. I was impressed already.

I turned the unit to 190 for 10 minutes, then CRANKED it all the way up 260 for 15 minutes, then backed it down to 230 for about 10 minutes turning the fan on and off at various times, to cook the oils/and such off from packaging. I think this is good to burn the whatver off, and varying those things like that I think helped.

So I wanted to use a bag the first time, so I loaded up the cyclone bowl, with just a little herb, probably about 1/6th of the way up to the black line (a little more then I would put into my vapir mini) because I know I have a lower tolerance and some potent stuff (good ole Jack H). So I got it in there and noticed that it had the "shelf" on the cyclone bowl. I tried to make it so that most of the herb was located over the screen portion then the ledge. I set it on the element for about two minutes and attached a bag to the mini whip and turned the fan on at speed 1, temp set to 180. I go about 20-30 seconds at that speed then crank it up to fan 3. I think this helped to cook the herb slow at first then at 3 the vapor was just FILLING the bag. It was dense enough for me, I dont really think I need the elbow pack, in fact, Im not really sure what the benefit would even be? More Vapor? I dont think it needs more vapor, unless more vapor = more extracment? I had more vapor then I ever did on my Vapir Mini. Best of all, after hitting just 1 full bag, Im right where I need to be. And it was mighty tasty and SMOOTH as can be as well. I LOVE it. Exactly what I was wanting. Im amazed. And also great, the herb barely even looks cooked, its still got some green to it. I know I will get another bag out of it for sure, maybe 2. I guess being a light weight is good.

A+ machine and exactly what I was looking for. Wish I would have gotten one of these things sooner! Im going to play around with temps and such and see what it will do. Its going to be a fun weekend!

So awesome that one such efficient bag got me to almost PAST where I wanted to be, lol. Im amazed at how it has worked on me. Im definitely faded from it and was really good to go about 15 minutes after finishing the bag. Its now been an hour and 15 or so and Im still nice and good. And clean, and clear. Simply awesome.

1 question.

If I left the temp at 180 for the 2nd ballon, or whip session or what have you, would it be worth it at all? Or do I need to go up 10c to get more extraction from the herb?

EDIT

So I just went again. All I had done was stirred up my jack, and heated the thing to 190 for about 5 minutes or so. Put it on there and waited a minute...took a looong drag on the whip, and ended up with my elbow packed full of herb. Didnt really notice any vapour with that hit so I took another...didnt really notice vapor. So I took the whip off and scraped the elbow bowl that basically 'accidentally' happened due to getting sucked up in there, into my cyclone bowl. I attached the balloon again, set it to fan speed 1 then up to 3, and loaded half the balloon or so, and got really nice vapor and 3 really good hits from it and now Im back to where I need to be again. Right where I want to be again. Im amazed at the effiencey of this thing. And best of all, the herb still looks like it has another session left in it. Ill know a little later on (making jerzday fun!)!

Question 2

What do you use to clean the little bits off abv off the screen on the elbow?? The little glass pick doesnt work and neither does my wooden little scooper. Should I clean it with anything to make it work so it doesnt stick as much? Def a newb on this aspect of it, as well as cleaning the pieces and what needs cleaned and how to clean it. A link to that would be SUPER appreciated.

Dackz,

TNK

I find that a simple stir goes a long way. You may need to turn it up on the 3rd hit and 4th and so on and on and on

If I pack the elbow bowl I usually get around 4-5 good hits btwn 190-210 fan speed at first 2 then last hits 3

Enjoy

TNK,
Top Bottom