The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Tim

I agree with pakalolo (and I'm sure most of us here can attest to what has been said). Vaping is VERY different than smoking. I prefer vaping, even though I "feel" it more when smoking, because of all the bad things I'm inhaling while smoking.

Most of the friends I vape out usually tell me it's a "cleaner" high, which makes sense. If you personally get faded more through smoking, that's fine (imo).

Tim,

SD_haze

It's not uncommon for smokers trying vapourizing for the first time to feel that something is missing, because there is--a lot of unhealthy crap.

they're missing plenty of not unhealthy crap too.
you dont get the full range of alkaloids & cannabinoids and more THC compared to others (in comparison to smoking)

SD_haze,
@Pakalolo

Yea I read about that as well, and I've read its a different high, but a different high shouldnt translate into not high at all. IDK I'm still sending back my unit and hopefully the other one works wonders.

Oh and I like the smell of marijuana! Its bloody wonderful!!!

StarSunShine,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
SD_haze said:
It's not uncommon for smokers trying vapourizing for the first time to feel that something is missing, because there is--a lot of unhealthy crap.

they're missing plenty of not unhealthy crap too.
you dont get the full range of alkaloids & cannabinoids and more THC compared to others (in comparison to smoking)

I don't think that's clear at all. Many alkaloids, as you might know, are poisons. In the correct dosages some can be beneficial but it is by no means obvious whether the amounts in marijuana smoke are good or bad. In addition, while combustion might release a fuller spectrum of THC, CBN, and CBD, it also destroys some of these compounds and again, I am not aware that anyone has the research data to show what is and is not in either smoke or vapour.

What is certain that there are tars and toxins like carbon monoxide that are definitely not in vapour.

pakalolo,

Strikt

I just ordered mine and am really looking forward to it!
One question though... Does your breath smell like weed after you vape? Will it smell like i just smoked?

Strikt,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
First vape draws taste like pure weed (no smoke, just like you were cooking it - a very small ammout). Then it fades to a taste of a popcorn, then like cooked popcorn - that's when you are done. None of these tastes or smells like smoke, not a bit. But the first "weedy" hits should be ventilated - some people can say "hey, i smell weed in here, you have something here?". They will have no idea you were actually using it. After a vaping session, you breath can smell a bit like popcorn for few minutes or you can fell your throat dry.

Also: If you open your window while vaping, noone notices any smell.

Seek,

Pinion13

This stuff makes a really nice whip. Fat walls, .25 inch inside diameter, 4 feet long. At first I thought it was too thick but there's no way an elbow will ever burn me, hopefully. Cool to the touch fully warmed up. The slightly narrower i.d. seems to pull smoother for me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMWTM0

Edit, it should fit the mflb. I'll have to try it.

Pinion13,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Pinion13 said:
This stuff makes a really nice whip. Fat walls, .25 inch inside diameter, 4 feet long. At first I thought it was too thick but there's no way an elbow will ever burn me, hopefully. Cool to the touch fully warmed up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMWTM0
Pinion, I use similar stuff, but it's 5/16" I.D. and not 1/4" (which I find to be a little too snug to use with ease).

I buy it 25' at a time and just cut off as much as I want, when I want it.

:peace:

Stu,

Pinion13

I had that in my cart thanks to your post but I was trying out a whip I bought for the mflb and it seemed to pull better with a packed elbow at that diameter, not sure why. That's compared to the stock hose at 5/16". This stuff is fat and one notch is plenty.

One elbow has died at the hands of the stock pvc, pulling it off instead of prying. Not to mention the taste. Silicone is the way to go.

I might be sorry it's not the stock i.d. when I try to fill a balloon, I'll have to check that too.

Pinion13,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Arizer used to use 1/4" whip tubing as stock, but they realized that it was way too snug and made the changing of any glass part a royal pain in the ass that usually included placing the whip in boiling water just to get the little buggers off. The 5/16" I.D. that they use now is an improvement, but I still prefer the silicone any day.

Cheers

Stu,

Theo

Stu said:
Arizer used to use 1/4" whip tubing as stock, but they realized that it was way too snug and made the changing of any glass part a royal pain in the ass that usually included placing the whip in boiling water just to get the little buggers off. The 5/16" I.D. that they use now is an improvement, but I still prefer the silicone any day.

Cheers

I have silicone thats 1/4". I never have a problem changing my tubing ever. With this silicone it comes off easily without much trouble. With the stock tubing just put the elbow and the tubing part above the heater (without the bowl attached) and turn the fan on with it being at 200*c, it'll warm it up in a min and you can easily remove any tubing without much of any hassle.

Theo,

Pinion13

Heating it up with the e q is so obvious it hadn't occured to me. Nice. Anyway the tubing I'm using is really thick walled, so it slides better than the thinner stuff.

Pinion13,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hey everyone, I need replacement cyclone bowls. What s the bet place to get 'em? I could use some tubing as well.

Tstat,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Tstat said:
Hey everyone, I need replacement cyclone bowls. What s the bet place to get 'em? I could use some tubing as well.
I just recently got a replacement cyclone bowl on ebay. I opted for the tuffbowl so it cost a few more bucks; but I figure it should last longer than an unprotected one. Just search "Extreme Q tuff bowl".

I get my tubing on Amazon. Just search for "silicone tubing 5/16 I.D." and choose your length. It's about a buck a foot, so not too expensive.

:peace:

Stu,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks! I just ordered all kinds of new stuff for the Q. I picked up a 14 to 18 adaptor for my LW bub, 10 feet of that silicone tubing, and 2 new cyclone bowls :)

Tstat,

Pinion13

Edit - I bought one of these it should be here Saturday. If I remember I'll report how it works. Fingers crossed for buzzing noise. If Chinese crap works the price is right. Buying something 2 or 3 times kind of kills the savings and the environment but ok then. At least you guys made a profit. This isn't targeted at arizer just the world in general. I would have paid more (duh I just spent $15 for more chinese crap) for something made without slave labor and workers jumping out of windows to escape. The mark up on vapes is what 100+ percent anyway? Whatever there's no hope. Your kid will never get A's thanks to that lead toy but at least it was cheap right.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027BUS0M
-------------------------------------
Has my power adapter always made an audible buzzing noise and I just now noticed it? The part with the green light, when I pull the pain power plug that goes to the wall, it keeps buzzing for a few seconds and then it stops. I'm thinking it's going to die if it's not meant to emit a buzz, which I doubt.

In other news I ordered a few replacement elbows and they're noticeably different than the ones that came with the eq I recieved around a week ago. Longer from screen to the dome and they run hotter than the stock one I have left. Or maybe the extra heat is my power supply dying.

The tuff bowl is worth the extra money for anyone on the fence. It's just a regular bowl wrapped in a large silicone tube but it's saved me several burns already.

Pinion13,

SteveD

The tough bowl is the only way to go. This should be included with the unit if anything for safety sake. I just ordered replacement whips and elbows from Amozon. We'll see what happens.

SteveD,

Tim

Just accidentally combusted in my EQ. I was out of the room, so I didn't notice the bag filling with smoke..

That was disgusting. Even worse, I was taking apart the bag/valve to throw it away, and the glass stem piece dropped to the floor and shattered all over the tile. Maybe I need a vape that isn't so glass-heavy. :rolleyes:

Tim,

omonibo

I was interested in finding a link to that one handy diagram that shows how to assemble a balloon for the EQ. I tried searching but I'm not sure if I encountered it.

omonibo,
Top Bottom