The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ali191

Just like to say this vape is awesome. I got mine a little while ago and it is much smaller than I thought. About to use it and I'll give my 2 cents if anyone cares afterwards, although I've already encountered a pretty serious problem. The battery tray in the remote got stuck and wouldn't come out, and I tried everything. So ended up having to break the tray. So now I can't use the remote, and I'm not sure if I can just get a new tray, but it looks like I'll have to buy a whole new remote (15 bucks :( ). If anyone knows if I can get a battery tray that works with that remote it'd be much appreciated, thanks!

ali191,

Dackz

I used the elbow pack for a bag tonight. I loaded just enough into the elbow to cover the screen, not sure how much you would call itm but enough to stick to the screen and sit in there, wasnt like flush with the elbow or anything. Anyway, turned it up to 190 and blew the bag on fan 3. It was a VERY dense bag, and I sprinkled a little keif on my bowl and WOW was it a good bad. Holy crap, thats the way to go. I used so little herb and it was ALL baked off (golden brown and no green left) after the 1 bag, but, considering it was HALF what I used in my old vape and I got the same out of it, Its double effiecient for me. The buzz was VERY long lasting too, a good 3 hours, and a nice smooooth clear come down. Its great, excellent purchase!!

Dackz,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
dackz...my first night with the E wasn't great. I could get the bag to work fine, but the whip was lacking. After screwing around for a while I got the technique down. In the end, I was drawing way too fast for any vapor. Whip hits take a little getting used to, but once you get it down you can do it just fine on any whip model.

stickstones,

SteveD

stickstones said:
dackz...my first night with the E wasn't great. I could get the bag to work fine, but the whip was lacking. After screwing around for a while I got the technique down. In the end, I was drawing way too fast for any vapor. Whip hits take a little getting used to, but once you get it down you can do it just fine on any whip model.

Once you get the system down, you'll never go to another vape. I sold my Volcano to by the 4.0. Best move I ever did.

SteveD,

Ellington

Well, I read through 1/2 the thread, and add me to the people who love their Arizer EQ! I've been trying to get an answer for the best way to vaporize hash and other concentrates in the EQ without having to use bud, and looking at one of my dirty elbow screens, I think I stumbled across the perfect solution. I tried this last night with some wonderful hash, and it was delicious. A picture is worth 1,000 words so take a look and let me know your thoughts, observations, etc.

Simply break up a little hash and use the elbow screen as a little thimble pot! I find I definitely need higher temps for the hash I'm burning, about 245c. So sweet!

74242148612016147781313989475EowdZCBwxReBblbm06Wm.JPG

Ellington,

Dackz

Yea, I added a little kif to an elbow that I had previously filled a bag with. I did that first bag at 190 and this bag at 195. It had a lot of vapor still and all I did was stir the elbow up, add a little kif, pack it back down and turn to fan 3 agian. So far so good on that.

Question though. Im getting like little yellowish-greenhish looking dots that almost look like kif building up in the elbow above the screen and kneck of it and kind of below it in the clyclone bowl sides. What is this stuff and how do I clean it? can someone link me to something to clean the glass parts? I have not owned anything with the glass before so I have absoluely no idea how to clean the glass or how to clean the screens. That would be appreciated! Also how often does it need cleaned/what is considered dirty? Thanks!! Still loving this vape. Its been a good sunday so far.

Dackz,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice, Pappy! :brow: But why a coffee pot? Seems like I'd get tennis elbow or something getting it out.

Go get scrapin'!

Stu,

Pappy

shmaporist
Stu said:
Nice, Pappy! :brow: But why a coffee pot? Seems like I'd get tennis elbow or something getting it out.

Go get scrapin'!
Gonna fill her up and place it in Guiness' book! ;)

Pappy,

vape4life

Banned for life
I don't see how the high pitch whine/whistle sound is normal? Some people are getting this right out of the box while others don't have it at all. I noticed on the two units I had that had the problem that it was pretty intermittent and coming from the Extreme, not the power supply. If I tapped the unit it would stop... that makes me think that something "loosens" in these units? Regardless, I found it "extremely" annoying, and especially when my buddies is completely silent.

vape4life,

emotion

Dackz said:
What do you use to clean the little bits of abv off the screen on the elbow?? The little glass pick doesnt work and neither does my wooden little scooper. Should I clean it with anything to make it work so it doesnt stick as much?

I've found the best tool for quickly clearing debris out of the elbow "cup" screen is a simple artist brush. I use a common/cheap, round, thin diameter, medium/fine coarseness, synthetic, short and tapered edge brush type - only because this is what I had laying around. Easily clears the screen with a few pokes, swipes and a quick blow in the opposite direction of normal flow. If the cup screen has been used very heavily then the debris can obviously stick to the brush hairs but are easily removed. However, if the screen is fairly clean the debris simply dislodges and is easily dumped out. The brush also works great for clearing any fine debris that falls through the Cyclones main flat screen and ultimately ends up stubbornly stuck to the heater screen.

Obviously, using any type of brush to dislodge debris should ONLY be done on a COOLED part!!!

Of course - Using any type of brush on hot parts could actually cause the brush hairs to easily melt/burn onto the very part you are trying to clean - requiring you to now throw the part away for safety/health reasons/concerns and thus forcing you to go purchase a replacement part. I wouldn't even consider trying to clean and reuse a screen with just a small amount of melted plastic/synthetic or natural (horse?) hair even possibly adhered to it.

While I'm at it ............
I don't know if this has ever been mentioned here before...... I've recently found a neat little device that allows lightning fast loading of a warmed up Cyclone bowl while its still mounted in place over the heater - yet totally prevents any spillage falling directly into the unit if one should (as I often did) slightly miss some of the loading "target" area. It's called a "powder funnel" and is normally used for ammo reloading or lab use. They are available in many sizes and materials. The best one I found is made of lab glass, has a large mouth opening at the funnels top (providing a fairly large and almost impossible to miss loading "target"), has a sharply angled funnel taper/cone forcing everything dropped in to quickly fall through the funnel right into the Cyclone bowl and has a ground glass male taper bottom fitting (which is the exact same size as the glass elbow that normally occupies this place). This provides not only a perfect fit, but also (and much more importantly) a large bottom opening for material to easily fall through into the Cyclone without requiring manual assistance. If anything does manage to stick to the inside wall of the funnel (likely due to some finely ground material dust and a slight static electric charge on the glass funnel walls) - I simply use my artist brush once again to swipe the particles down the funnel. Super easy, quick and very convenient loading while virtually eliminating any chance of spillage or unintentional debris falling into the top opening and down into the main unit itself.

Before this current funnel - I purchased a small, very cheap, short stem lab glass funnel on ebay. This funnel worked "OK" but always required manual assistance to get the material down through the small funnel bottom stem. Luckily the glass stirrer/poker fit nicely but it was always a pita.

I have some other tips/techniques/adaptations I personally found to work quite nicely on the Q (useful when using bags as I mostly do) that I haven't seen mentioned - some address obvious shortcomings like "bag blowback" when a bag gets full unnoticed or the silly need to hold your finger (or use another blocking method) over the bags feed/release tube ...... using both one way and dual direction glass valves . Gotta run now, so perhaps I'll post them in another novel length post the next time I log on FC. :rolleyes:

:peace:

emotion,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
emotion said:
Obviously, using any type of brush to dislodge debris should ONLY be done on a COOLED part!!!

Not 100% correct. You can get inexpensive solder flux brushes that are fine to use at the temperatures your screen reaches. Otherwise, thanks for some good tips.

pakalolo,

vape4life

Banned for life
If I tapped the unit or wiggle the bowl it would stop the whine. I have also owned an EQ that NEVER whined, and all on the same outlet so it's the actual units... it's like there is something loose inside...maybe a screw needs tightening or something. Definitely doesn't affect performance but is definitely annoying.

u bwade wunner said:
my unit whines too on occasion. dirty electricity coming from power supply maybe.

vape4life,

Dackz

No whine for me. So far so good. LOVING the elbow pack and efficiency of this thing. I blew 2 bags last night from 1 elbow pack with a simple stir and a small pinch of fresh herb. Then, for shats and gaggles I turned it on to 195 (both previous bags at 190) and blew a 3rd bag with basically no waiting for anything, just got it to 195 sat bowl/elbow on there and blew at fan 3. Not alot of vapor, but it still kicked but didnt last long but there was still something there to it. Pretty amazing. The first 2 bags were delicious, long lasting and powerful. LOVE this thing. So much so my friend even bought one and it will be to his house tomorrow, haha.

Dackz,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Missing my EQ dearly. Day 3 of my T-Break and it sucks. Don't know if i can make it to the planned week off lol :uhoh:

tranceporter,

Dackz

So, my bag got a pin hole leak in it. What to do? I have the 2nd bag thankfully, but what can be used as a replacement bag? Besides the actual replacement bags? Can those reynolds oven bags be used? Do they work well? Sorry for all the questions? haha

Dackz,

dorff

Can anyone please tell me how to hook the ballon up. I took it apart and don't remember how to get it back on the tube. Any help would be GR8. A video would be even better.

Cheers, ;)

dorff,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
dorff said:
Can anyone please tell me how to hook the ballon up. I took it apart and don't remember how to get it back on the tube. Any help would be GR8. A video would be even better.

Cheers, ;)

A couple pages back, SF Giant explained it well:

"Put one O-ring over the end of the bag about an inch, put the other in between the 2 humps on the mouthpiece, insert the mouthpiece in to the bag so that the O-ring around the bag goes on past the first hump on the mouthpiece, now take the excess bag hanging over the mouthpiece and fold it back towards the bag (away from the part you suck on), now take the O-ring youve had on the mouthpiece the whole time and back it over the first hump so that it holds the excess bit of the bag opening that you have folded back........and voila! Youve got it"

http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=146454#p146454

:peace:

Stu,
Top Bottom