The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
geech420 said:
Yeah that elbow hit seemed to work real well...guess I'll be keeping the EQ

The other thing is it really makes a big difference is warm up time. Everything needs time to heat soak.

If I set the thermostat to 190 wait for it to come up to temp and blow a bag I get very little vapor on the first bag.

if I let everything warm up an extra 10 minutes. thick vapor every time.

Seems the glass parts etc need more time to get warmed up and work effectively.

ru_frothi,

Hery Vappy

Hello everyone. My fan stopped working last night and I'm unable to effectively use the search function to find a possible fix I can perform myself. I would contact Arizer directly but unfortunately I purchased my unit (unknowingly at the time) from an unauthorized reseller (myrubberneck) which I later found out here prohibits me from any warranty repairs or replacements. I use the fan all the time as bags are my preference. I hear the fan on but there is no airflow. Please help.

Thank you

Hery Vappy,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The EQ has it's screws under the rubber feet (they are not glued, you can disassembly and assembly it easily). The fan is in the bottom of the unit, so you can reach it only by partially disassembling it.
If you hear the fan and no airflow, you can check, if it's clogged somewhere. Like the air intake on the bottom or something.

Here is a video. Should be helpful (it's solving the heater cover, but shows how to disassembly it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2AyX2WFhcg

Seek,

Kaptan

Hery Vappy said:
Hello everyone. My fan stopped working last night and I'm unable to effectively use the search function to find a possible fix I can perform myself. I would contact Arizer directly but unfortunately I purchased my unit (unknowingly at the time) from an unauthorized reseller (myrubberneck) which I later found out here prohibits me from any warranty repairs or replacements. I use the fan all the time as bags are my preference. I hear the fan on but there is no airflow. Please help.

Thank you

If I were you, I'd contact Arizer.

Kaptan,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
What's a good way to clean the elbow? I was thinking an iso soak but was wondering if it would affect the rubber top piece?

tranceporter,

Kaptan

DrPiff said:
What's a good way to clean the elbow? I was thinking an iso soak but was wondering if it would affect the rubber top piece?

You can just soak the elbow in ISO, it does not have rubber on it at all. You are referring to the cyclone bowl that has the rubber coating. I have found that if you heat the ISO up slightly in the microwave, it is much quicker and more effective at cleaning the glass pieces. I have never needed to clean the cylcone bowl with the exception of just rubbing the inside with my pinky to get the loose herb out.

Kaptan,

Kaptan

I wouldn't reccomend using ISO on the cyclone bowl as the rubber compound covering the glass would become brittle and flake off.

Kaptan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
FWIW, I always iso-soak my cyclone and have never had any flaking issues.

:2c:

Stu,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Cyclone bowl cleaning - use your finger or some paper towel. It's better, when warm (not HOT).
Elbow cleaning - Run hot water through. For safety reasons I recommend to hold it with some toll, not just hand. I get hot water from kettle.

Seek,

Hery Vappy

I posted earlier about my fan not working. Anyway I found a link to the post explaining how to take the EQ apart and disassembled the whole thing to see if I could find the problem. It was really easy actually. I cleaned everything out and reassembled my unit. The fan still turned on and sounded the same but it still produced very little airflow. I think the fan may be shot. It is very simple to replace but I didnt see it listed as a part I could buy on the Arizer site. Does anyone know where I could buy a new one? Would Arizer sell me one if I called them up?

Thanks

Hery Vappy,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
If you hear the same sounds, it rotates. The airflow has to be blocked somewhere.

Seek,

Hery Vappy

Where? I took it all apart aside from the glass surrounding the heating element because I was afraid I disconnect it from the power source. Couldnt the motor on the fan just be shot making it produce little to no airflow? Seek have you had experience with this issue by any chance? Has anyone?

Thanks again

Hery Vappy,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I don't know where, that's why I've user the word "somewhere".
My fan works well. I keep my EQ clean. If you draw directly, is it as easy as new?

Seek,

Hery Vappy

My EQ is handled and maintained very well since purchase in December. Ive had a custom wood case nade for it to transport and store it so I'm not concerned with that issue. Yes, I used the whip last night with no problem. Perhaps the padding around the heating element is blocking the airflow but like I said earlier I had the whole thing apart last night and didnt see anything obstructing airflow which leads me to believe the fan is malfunctioning.

Hery Vappy,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
So what makes that sound? It sounds like the fan is spinning right?

Seek,

Hery Vappy

Its definitely the fan making the noise (same as always) but just no airflow. I blew 2 bags and the 3rd bag never inflated. The only difference might be the fan noise is weaker. In any event I checked the fan's connection and it would take very little effort to change so I was hoping someone could tell me where to get another one.

Hery Vappy,

Kaptan

Hery Vappy said:
Its definitely the fan making the noise (same as always) but just no airflow. I blew 2 bags and the 3rd bag never inflated. The only difference might be the fan noise is weaker. In any event I checked the fan's connection and it would take very little effort to change so I was hoping someone could tell me where to get another one.

Why have you not contacted Arizer via email yet? I won't speak for them, but if you had this less than a year, they will help you regardless of where it was purchased.

Kaptan,

Hery Vappy

I did this afternoon. I was hoping for a quick fix since its my only bag vape which is my preference. Either way Id prefer to fix it myself if possible.

Hery Vappy,

vape4life

Banned for life
Just got my brand new EQ, and notice that compared to previous ones that fan isn't very strong? I dunno, I haven't really used elbows to blow bags, but it seems to be taking around 4 minutes to blow a bag with an elbow pack on the fastest fan speed... is that normal? Just seems like bags used to blow up faster, but that was using the bowl and probably more herb -> more vapour -> faster bag expansion?

Also noticed that the power supply whistles/squeels :( Funny, if the unit is on it goes away or cycles a bit, but if the unit is off it's a steady whine. Also noticed while the bag was filling when I increased the temp with the remote the fan slowed down just for a second as I could hear the speed change. Never noticed that in the past before, although it only happened a few times now.

Love the Extreme-Q...thought I could live without it but I can't perfect compliment to the Solo for home use.

vape4life,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I haven't heard of this type of whining yet. When you pack the elbow, it is normal it takes longer to fill up a bag - elbow pack restricts the airflow much more, than a cyclone bowl. If you don't force pack it it should fill fast. I get airflow restriction only if I put too much in the elbow (by force).

Seek,

vape4life

Banned for life
Confirmed, no problems with the fan, except for the whining power adapter. I wonder if Arizer would exchange it?

Seek said:
I haven't heard of this type of whining yet. When you pack the elbow, it is normal it takes longer to fill up a bag - elbow pack restricts the airflow much more, than a cyclone bowl. If you don't force pack it it should fill fast. I get airflow restriction only if I put too much in the elbow (by force).

vape4life,

Kaptan

vape4life said:
Confirmed, no problems with the fan, except for the whining power adapter. I wonder if Arizer would exchange it?

Seek said:

Contact the place you purchased from and they should send you a new power adapter.

Kaptan,

vape4life

Banned for life
Done, doing the exchange in a few days. Funny how a past one would squeel with the unit turned on, and this one does it only when it's off lol Sometimes it can add a bit of a tone when changing temps, but typically it runs quiet.

Kaptan said:
vape4life said:

Seek said:

Contact the place you purchased from and they should send you a new power adapter.

vape4life,

poonman

Good day vape4life ,
Can I ask you where you got your EQ ?
It sounds like you've had good customer service from them .
Thanx .

Have a Happy Long weekend !

:mflb:,NO2,VC

poonman,
Top Bottom