1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Good choice, have you noticed a difference between the two? IMO, the Sony VTC6 makes the unit run cooler than the Panasonic NCR provided by Davinci, let me know your opinion.

CbdLife likes this.
  2. david8613

david8613 Active Member

I just ordered today.

BigJr48 likes this.
  3. BigJr48

Oh okay...

4. Paka-cholo

Paka-cholo Flaccid Member

The higher amp batteries fix the problem of pre mature low battery alerts on the IQ as well. The higher amp battery's handle the power draw better when the units oven is heating up. You'll notice if you use your 10 amp battery, you will have a low battery alert after your second or third 10 minute session. A higher amp battery won't alarm until the third or fourth 10 minute session.

CbdLife and BigJr48 like this.
  5. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

DISCLAIMER: I am not a scientist. I'm sure anyone with some basic knowledge of science and/or batteries could find faults here. What I do know is that the variables were the same for all the batteries tested. Make of it what you will.

[​IMG]

6. Paka-cholo

Paka-cholo Flaccid Member

@stickstones thank you for taking the time to do those tests man!

BigJr48 likes this.
  7. stickstones

I was really hoping for cooler results from the lesser mah rated batteries. From a subjective viewpoint, the VTC6 didn't feel warmer than the others until about the 25 minute mark. I've got plenty of other batteries here I can test, like the VTC4, some samsungs and LGs, but I don't know when I'll get to it. I bought these two for this test since I didn't already have them.

I also don't know what DaVinci is packing in with the IQ these days...same or different. My IQ is an early model from one of the first runs and has always worked well for me.

8. BigJr48

What battery do you think can make the IQ run cooler while still providing plenty of smoke sessions?

Paka-cholo likes this.
  9. david8613

david8613 Active Member

Anyone making 3d printed cases, like a phone case for the davinci iq, i cant find anyone. Someone could make some seriously good money, there is a guy making them for the grasshopper, he is propbably making a killing.

BigJr48 likes this.
  10. BigJr48

That would help to make it more comfortable to hold in the hand.

11. david8613

david8613 Active Member

Exactly, and also keep it from scratching. They could make it with vents, slits, or holes with different designs so to let some heat escape. Different colors would be cool too

12. stickstones

I have no idea...it's not my expertise. I was really hoping we were onto something here with the higher amp batts with a lower mah, but my side by side didn't support it. The stock battery is only 10 amps, so I'm not sure where else we can tweak it from here. Someone who knows more than I could maybe point us in the right direction. I'm happy to acquire and test some more batteries if it makes sense.

Paka-cholo likes this.
  13. BigJr48

I've even tried a 20A battery (Samsung 25R & LG HG2) and still no luck.

CbdLife likes this.
  14. david8613

david8613 Active Member

I have 35 amp battery can i use that or would it damage the iq?

15. woof

woof Well-Known Member

so I'm trying to remove the ball... but it seems the post is made of rubber? can't take it off and scared to rip it.... am I doing something wrong

16. BigJr48

May I ask why?

17. woof

woof Well-Known Member

I was trying to use a mini canister but the ball is in the way...

anyways.. I've gotten it off and found that using the canister made it a less efficient vape and have since screwed it back on

BigJr48 likes this.
  18. BigJr48

I asked since everyone who's tried have ripped the post off making things worse.

19. woof

woof Well-Known Member

it was a little tricky... it's better to hold onto the ball and rotate the vape... you never lose "tension" of the threads biting...

BigJr48 likes this.
  20. BigJr48

I've never taken mines off since day 1.

21. david8613

david8613 Active Member

DO NOT TAKE OFF THE BALL!:bang:

ok i got that out of my system.... enjoy the davinci iq its just about perfect, please dont break it.:doh:

Paka-cholo and BigJr48 like this.
  22. BigJr48

:cheers:

dm591 likes this.
  23. CloneFlavour

CloneFlavour New Member

especially on the first day

24. Le-Berry

Le-Berry Member

Does it matter how much sessions per battery you can get when having enough spares? I think after testing a lot af different batteries they al are about the same. Device isn't for abuse sessions. Device should be working and not put away for a minute or 2 then it's heating up excessively. Just hold and use it.

BigJr48 likes this.
  25. First_Time_Caller

First_Time_Caller New Member

My spacers are beyond black from multiple sessions per use to the point where my material is charred brown. After I scrape out the holes and soak it in Iso with the rest of the removable parts and wash it off with water, It's good. I guess It's a superficial something where I want it to look as pristine as the day I got it, which it won't, but I clean it and it works, I'll just have to get over my hang up.

I posted that before I resorted to just putting the pearl into the oven ontop of my material and found that I still got consistent vapor and the unit pretty much works like normal. I was just very afraid of the inevitable happening, which was the post breaking since I already damaged it in the earlies when I kept removing the post and spinning it around (post). It was hanging on by a thread and a small fall done it in and I got scared.

The only problem I have with the pearl being detached is that I got to remember (Hard to do when high lol) to be extra careful when I dump out the material or go to stir the bowl 'cause often times I'm vaping in a secluded spot (Bush, dark room etc..) where I could lose it easily and would have to risk using a light and advertising my position. I'm just glad my Vape still works, especially since smoking joints with my ulnar nerve aggravation has started to give me this weird heart shock that has me scared to all hell when it happened 8/10 times I burnt.

I guess this is the reason I should consider getting a companion vape to go along with this incase I knock it out of commission and can't blaze at all.

BigJr48 and OldNewbie like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors