Tiny88

Deluxe420
Do most people on here think this is the best vape out right now? What are the major downfalls?

I believe that the "best vape out there" label is rather subjective. It really comes down to features that are important to you. Don't get me wrong I love the performance of the IQ. the vapors are cool and smooth. It also has interchangeable batteries and the built quality is second to none. However, it is purely a dry herb vaporizer. Also, the app and controls on the vaporizer requires a bit of a learning curve. People who want more of a beginner's vape or one with more simplistic functions may want to consider something else.

Last edited:

karec

Do most people on here think this is the best vape out right now? What are the major downfalls?

i agree with @Tiny88, depends on the use you give, to start Desktop or Portable? u will get better results with a Desktop like the VapeXhale Cloud Evo or the Plenty, don't like the way volcano works (balloon method sucks for me) but there are others, i only talk about the ones i tried. About Portables, i used a crafty for 2,5years, 2 devices inside warranty of 2 years and when it works its a fine vape, i have to say im very disappointed with them due to warranty issues (u can find it on the Crafty section) and post warranty service sucks, they kind of leave after that.... so S&B put you up there but after 2 years (crafty) the leave in the shit... good thing is works with concentrates oils and dry herbs, i think they have to make a crafty 2.0 with removable batteries better build and extended lifetime for me to think to go back, so i bought the IQ because of reviews and im very happy! performs very similar to the Crafty, better build more stealth and extended 10 year warranty so for portable its my choice for now but only works with dry herbs and concentrates. i also have a Lynx pen for oils ceramic plate (really good). At home my VapeXhale Cloud Evo is the bomb works with everything and its really well made and performs like a Pro so at home i only use this device.

Also tried the Boundless CFC (90€) and the Storm Spirit by Vapefiend (120€) and for cheap alternative and for a 1st vape they are well made and perform good, off course Crafty and IQ are considered one of the best portable around.

Ghost MV1 and Haze Square are new devices that im hopping to be the next thing as well others but these 2... i will wait for review videos from users and can be valid options.

Advice: do a lot of reading here, a lot experiences from different users can help you choose whats the best for you, if you can just go to a vape shop and try the ones u will consider to buy do it, i didn't have that choice so i did that a lot of youtube reviews forums and i went for the top choices.

FUCK COMBUSTION!!!

dm591

Well, I ordered the IQ on the 27th and received it the 29th, pretty good for free shipping (NV to NJ). The IQ looks to be really impressive and my first session (with the spacers) was extremely satisfying. The mobil app is really bad though. Definitely was not tested very well before release. The app doesn't remember the device, so basically you're starting from the beginning each time. The IQ is great on its own, but it would have been cool to use an app.
Overall I'm happy with it.

On mine u have to name the device something each time but it remembers all your settings. On mine u don't start over but the name thing is annoying.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Mr420

Hi guys!
Ben vaping for the last two years...Awesome stuff! Great forum this is.

Anyway. I bought an IQ a week or so ago...No real problems with this baby, everything has gone quite smoothly...Still a few questions for those who have owned theirs long enough to answer:

- Approx how much do you think you need for a full bowl...I've always thought my Mighty takes like 0.3g and I feel the IQ needs MUCH MORE, like .5 or even more...
- How long do your sessions last with a fully packed oven (can you go over the 10min limit and still get proper vape)?
- And the MOST IMPORTANT: How long does your session last if you use the Davinci spacers? I ordered a pair of those and theuy will be here some day (haha)... I'm thinking with the spacers the IQ will be perfect on the go-vape for me.
- Also one more...I'm a blind guy...For me packing Crafty / Mighty with the included tools is a joy and very very easy...Now the IQ is a different story, everybody speaks about how easy it is to pack but I think to be very easy it needs some sight from the user :)...Anyway, I was thinking if there is any tool I could use for this...Something I could put my ground up herbs in and somehow easily get to the "filling tray" of the IQ... Any ideas?

Thanks to everybody, stay high and keep vaping :).

Mr420

Mr420,
Reactions: BigJr48

dm591

The IQ is very easy to fill. The lid and surface where the bowl is is shaped in a way that funnels everything to the bowl, so even if you miss the bowl you'll be able to push the overflow into the bowl. I really like the spacers, I find without them the bowl is just too big for me alone.

I would think you'll find it easy to load up and with the smartpaths, very easy to use.

dm591,

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Just put together a travel kit for my IQ! Trying to upload an image of it, but having some problems... Anyone know how to upload an image?

Last edited:
Tiny88,

dm591

That's a nice setup! I'm using the DaVinci case that came with mine. One thing I really like about it is one of the compartments is lined with what looks like a heat resistant material.

Davinci IQ travel kit part deux. Figured out how to put an image in my post thnx to @Mr. Me2.

Davinci IQ travel kit part deux. Figured out how to put an image in my post thnx to @Mr. Me2.

Mr420

The IQ is very easy to fill. The lid and surface where the bowl is is shaped in a way that funnels everything to the bowl, so even if you miss the bowl you'll be able to push the overflow into the bowl. I really like the spacers, I find without them the bowl is just too big for me alone.

I would think you'll find it easy to load up and with the smartpaths, very easy to use.

Hi Dm591, thanks for your reply.

Have you tried loading your IQ with your eyes closed? You might also load S&B Mighty or Crafty eyes closed as well with their included tools, then you might understand what I mean...While being blind, getting the herb from my grinder to the IQ withouth loosing or spilling stuff around is just a little bit challenging for me even though I fully understand that for you sighted people this is not a big deal...Everybody's got their own situation and problems...That's why I'm asking here.

Anyways, I was thinking of a little tool to help "aim" the herb to the oven or the filling area. I know this might be hard to understand for sighted...IMO blind people are not the only ones in need for this kind of a litle thing...Also medical users with shaking hands, old people, megastoned folks :)...

Using IQ, smartpaths etc. is not a problem, even the smartphone app even though not completely accessible is "easy enough".

All the best to everybody!

Mr420

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

Longer time IQ and spacer owners, can you tell me how long sessions you can have with the spacers? Of course depends on the temp but like 185c, 365f. Do you get proper vapor for 10 minutes? Also without a spacer, can you go over the 10min limit and still get reasonable tasting, potent vapor?

Thanks

Mr420

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr420,

dm591

What I'd do is cover the table with sheets of paper, then take another piece and fold in half. Use that piece to grind over (the balance of the paper will catch anything that falls). If you think you need to, use a funnel. As long as you can pickup a small bit of her with your fingers you should be able to hit the bottom of the IQ. The entire bottom of the IQ is shaped like a shoot that tapers into the bowl. Do you have anyone who's sighted that can help you pick up the herb that fell out of the grinder or fell in the paper. Even if it's a couple hours later.

And no I can't imagine what is like or what your world is like.
Hi Dm591, thanks for your reply.

Have you tried loading your IQ with your eyes closed? You might also load S&B Mighty or Crafty eyes closed as well with their included tools, then you might understand what I mean...While being blind, getting the herb from my grinder to the IQ withouth loosing or spilling stuff around is just a little bit challenging for me even though I fully understand that for you sighted people this is not a big deal...Everybody's got their own situation and problems...That's why I'm asking here.

Anyways, I was thinking of a little tool to help "aim" the herb to the oven or the filling area. I know this might be hard to understand for sighted...IMO blind people are not the only ones in need for this kind of a litle thing...Also medical users with shaking hands, old people, megastoned folks :)...

Using IQ, smartpaths etc. is not a problem, even the smartphone app even though not completely accessible is "easy enough".

All the best to everybody!

Mr420

dm591,

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
Longer time IQ and spacer owners, can you tell me how long sessions you can have with the spacers? Of course depends on the temp but like 185c, 365f. Do you get proper vapor for 10 minutes? Also without a spacer, can you go over the 10min limit and still get reasonable tasting, potent vapor?

Thanks

Mr420

Hey Mr420

It's been a while since I used my spacers. With either spacer I always cut it short of the 10 minutes. Specially the larger one. I too vape at 365f usually always. Sometimes I will max the temp out towards the end. Without the spacers I usually always use the entire 10 minutes unless I have a lot of flower. If I have a lot of flower I'll take about 12 rips off it, and throw the rest in a container to make butter later.

Paka-cholo,

marc8282

Hi guys, judging what i read about batteries i want to buy the Samsung 30Q, but im going on holidays and i bought a really nice double charger with battery info and a lot of S1ht, and i bought an LG battery while the Samsung is out of stock...

LGDBHG218650 is the battery i bought, is it ok?

After 3days with an IQ coming from a Crafty i have to say im really happy and impressed with the choice
Cheers
Where did you get the LG battery? I got mine from ebay and they don't look like an LG product and they don't hold the charge much.

marc8282,

karec

Where did you get the LG battery? I got mine from ebay and they don't look like an LG product and they don't hold the charge much.

Mate i bought all my 18650 (1xLG, 2xSony VTC6) from a random Vape Shop (eCigs) all of them were around 10euros so it a waste of time and not safe to buy online from unknown sellers from china... i also bought an external charger than can bring some of these batteries from the dead hahahahahah and charges better than using the IQ
Cheers

karec,
Silver hatch on the back panel of my IQ just came off when I went to dump the chamber.

Metal piece and plastic piece found. What are my options and can I still use my vape until it's fixed?

First_Time_Caller,

Jealousy

Does any1 use those metal liquid pads, like in crafty/mighty, as a spacer and do you think its safe to use them? I just bough the IQ and i modified one liquid pad to a ball that fits the chamber nicely and works really well. I have used similar pad as a spacer on a different vaporizer but if i recall, someone said that metal pad might scratch the heating chamber on IQ? Davinci spacers have been out of stock for a while and my seller doesn't carry them so i would have to order from davinci. The pad material is quite airy also, so it doesn't really add any draw resistance. Does the Davinci glass spacers add draw resistance and is there any benefits using them instead of the liquid pad ( metal vs glass etc) ?

Edit: Has any1 added a screen on the bottom of the oven to prevent small particles travelling to the flavor chamber? Is this a bad idea as many other vapes have a small screen on the bottom?

Quality wise, the IQ seems really well build( except the app. It has few bugs and doesnt allow adjusting the shutoff timer, i would like it to be shorter) and the flavor is unbelievably good. I didnt buy into the hype about the materials etc and conduction device being on par with convection, but after owning GH, Crafty, Storm, Volcano and others, I can say that this is one of the best vapor quality- wise.

BigJr48

Does any1 use those metal liquid pads, like in crafty/mighty, as a spacer and do you think its safe to use them? I just bough the IQ and i modified one liquid pad to a ball that fits the chamber nicely and works really well. I have used similar pad as a spacer on a different vaporizer but if i recall, someone said that metal pad might scratch the heating chamber on IQ? Davinci spacers have been out of stock for a while and my seller doesn't carry them so i would have to order from davinci. The pad material is quite airy also, so it doesn't really add any draw resistance. Does the Davinci glass spacers add draw resistance and is there any benefits using them instead of the liquid pad ( metal vs glass etc) ?

Edit: Has any1 added a screen on the bottom of the oven to prevent small particles travelling to the flavor chamber? Is this a bad idea as many other vapes have a small screen on the bottom?

Quality wise, the IQ seems really well build( except the app. It has few bugs and doesnt allow adjusting the shutoff timer, i would like it to be shorter) and the flavor is unbelievably good. I didnt buy into the hype about the materials etc and conduction device being on par with convection, but after owning GH, Crafty, Storm, Volcano and others, I can say that this is one of the best vapor quality- wise.

Why don't you upload a pic to share so others get an idea how to replace the spacers.

BigJr48,
Reactions: Jealousy

Jealousy

Why don't you upload a pic to share so others get an idea how to replace the spacers.

Roughly the same size as the pearl but doesn't touch the sides tightly so its easy to drop in and out:

az8xLa0.jpg

The pearl and the lid are just painted over cause of the reflections :ninja:

Last edited:
can you post a pic of that? i dont know if you can still use it.
I sorta pushed it back into place and some of the glue that held it together sorta kept it. However I need to glue the magnetized metal part that keeps the lid to the chamber held down firmly since that piece broke off when the whole metal casing thing came out.

I'll take pictures of what I'm talking about when I'm home, but I used it and it's fine enough. Just got to slip a piece of ductape over the cover lid to keep it in place as a temp fix.
Contact @Davinci_vaporizer ASAP!!!
Start a RMA, you're still under warranty and get a new unit.
I don't live in America and sending it out from where I'm at is gonna be very costly in terms of shipping and all that. If anything I'd have to fed-ex it to a friend in America and have him deal with it if I can't find a fix for when I'm in America myself.

This motivates me to build a roster of vapes so that I'm not left in the lurch when my only one breaks down like this.

First_Time_Caller,
Top Bottom