• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CloneFlavour

I don't live in America and sending it out from where I'm at is gonna be very costly in terms of shipping and all that. If anything I'd have to fed-ex it to a friend in America and have him deal with it if I can't find a fix for when I'm in America myself.

my IQ broke on the first day and i had to send it back.. I live in EU too .. you have to send it to spain. they will tell you where to when you use the RMA. .. but i think that process will take over a month. I'm still waiting for my package to return to me.

BigJr48

Roughly the same size as the pearl but doesn't touch the sides tightly so its easy to drop in and out:

az8xLa0.jpg

The pearl and the lid are just painted over cause of the reflections :ninja:

Nice!!!

BigJr48,
my IQ broke on the first day and i had to send it back.. I live in EU too .. you have to send it to spain. they will tell you where to when you use the RMA. .. but i think that process will take over a month. I'm still waiting for my package to return to me.

I'd Prolly wait until I'm in America again and ship it out then instead of waiting that long.

And now the bloody thing isn't heating up past 417.......Slowly but surely this thing is giving up the ghost on me.

First_Time_Caller,
Reactions: BigJr48

Mr420

Heyy everybody.
Been testing and hassling with my IQ...I'd like it to become my daily on the go-vape. however for some reason my Mighty gets me quite much more medicated with the same amount of herb...What might I be doing wrong or is it just how it is? Any ideas / tips I could try?

I use fine (similar) grind with both units, it's just that I feel with Mighty I get much more vapor and the effect it brings :). Should I continue vaping after the 10min limit with the IQ?

I'm using quite much the same temperatures with both. I keep both units clean and don't put any herb to the flavor chamber of the IQ.

All the best to everybody!

Mr420,
Reactions: Tiny88

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Heyy everybody.
Been testing and hassling with my IQ...I'd like it to become my daily on the go-vape. however for some reason my Mighty gets me quite much more medicated with the same amount of herb...What might I be doing wrong or is it just how it is? Any ideas / tips I could try?

Hi There,

I have found that how you pack the chamber totally affects the vapor quality. The IQ doesn't seem to work to its full potential with micro doses, or if the herb is pack loosely. I am planning to pickup some IQ spacers to help with this issue.

I too don't both with the flavor chamber, and leave it empty.

Hope this helps.

Tiny88
OK, thanks for the help...
I don't do microdosing, my tolerance is too high :D. I put in the same amount as when I pack a full Mighty oven(like .25 or .3 or something).

Oh yeah, I also use a higher temp for the IQ relative to my other vapes.

Last edited:

Mr420

OK, thanks for the help...
I don't do microdosing, my tolerance is too high :D. I put in the same amount as when I pack a full Mighty oven(like .25 or .3 or something).

Mr420

Mr420,

CloneFlavour

I got my IQ back today.. took about 5 weeks total. It's actually a replacement, thanks to our Davinci Mod.. and i got a bag and an extra battery! :whoa::tup:

I really enjoy it! I even keep holding it in my hand when i watch videos. I mean it feels good in your hand not like other vaporizer i own. Except.. the lower edge.. it could use a slight bevel. The bottom edges feel too sharp... maybe the next version ;) .. and maybe add a color LED which you can set with the app. Would be nice if the vibration frequency could be custom set too. It's too fast and high pitched for my taste. .. and a last thing,.. I shouldn't have to remove the flavour chamber to swap batteries.

But overall .. i really enjoy it and i am going to use it as my main for a while.:love:

likwid

I'm debating between the Pax 3 and IQ... I'm wondering if the customer service issues with Davinci have been fixed yet? I've read countless horror stories about how their CS team ignores you, puts blame back on you, denies comments, etc... This is really the biggest issue holding me back from pulling the trigger.

likwid,

CloneFlavour

i had a warranty issue and had a good CS experience after all. Support answered all my emails and our Davinci forum mod helped me out alot too. :tup: from me. It took 5 weeks in my case until i had a replacement unit in my hand. But i had an Arizer Air as backup.. so i could wait 5 weeks.

CloneFlavour,

Tiny88

Deluxe420
I'm debating between the Pax 3 and IQ... I'm wondering if the customer service issues with Davinci have been fixed yet? I've read countless horror stories about how their CS team ignores you, puts blame back on you, denies comments, etc... This is really the biggest issue holding me back from pulling the trigger.

@likwid
- Have you checked out the review from the Vape Critic (Davinci IQ vs. Pax 3),
It is an awesome review, very thorough.

The Zirconia vapor path of the IQ is heat resist and therefore make the vapors really smooth. I have found the vapor of the Pax3 to be a little warmer and harsher by comparison. I have also found the build quality of the IQ to be a much more solid construction than the Pax3. I had the original Pax, but after trying the IQ and the Pax3, I ended up going with the IQ.

One drawback of the IQ is that it is not set up for concentrates.

Hope this helps.

Tiny88

Tiny88,

likwid

@likwid
- Have you checked out the review from the Vape Critic (Davinci IQ vs. Pax 3),
It is an awesome review, very thorough.

The Zirconia vapor path of the IQ is heat resist and therefore make the vapors really smooth. I have found the vapor of the Pax3 to be a little warmer and harsher by comparison. I have also found the build quality of the IQ to be a much more solid construction than the Pax3. I had the original Pax, but after trying the IQ and the Pax3, I ended up going with the IQ.

One drawback of the IQ is that it is not set up for concentrates.

Hope this helps.

Tiny88

Thanks for the info. That comparison video is the main reason why I'd like to get the IQ, however, the horror stories I have heard with customer service and the failure rate is a big turn off for me. This will be my first vape, so I will not really have a backup if I have to return the IQ for service and wait a month for it to come back.

Also, as a first-timer, I'll be looking to do small sessions to start off with for a while. The PAX comes with the half amount lid, which would help in this case. The IQ has spacers, but the site I'd buy from (PuffItUp) does not seem to sell these.

likwid,

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Thanks for the info. That comparison video is the main reason why I'd like to get the IQ, however, the horror stories I have heard with customer service and the failure rate is a big turn off for me. This will be my first vape, so I will not really have a backup if I have to return the IQ for service and wait a month for it to come back.

Also, as a first-timer, I'll be looking to do small sessions to start off with for a while. The PAX comes with the half amount lid, which would help in this case. The IQ has spacers, but the site I'd buy from (PuffItUp) does not seem to sell these.

Yes, Pax's CS is awesome; quick, friendly, and really understanding. I have never had to deal with Davinci's CS (knock on wood). But, I can see that being a little concerning. And I was not aware of a high failure rate.

What features are you looking for in a vape? Have you considered any butane powered vapes? Their failure rate is probably 0%... nothing electronic.

Tiny88,

likwid

Yes, Pax's CS is awesome; quick, friendly, and really understanding. I have never had to deal with Davinci's CS (knock on wood). But, I can see that being a little concerning. And I was not aware of a high failure rate.

What features are you looking for in a vape? Have you considered any butane powered vapes? Their failure rate is probably 0%... nothing electronic.

I'm looking for something that I can use with very little herb if needed. I'm new to the world of marijuana, so my tolerance will most likely be very low. I'll be using it mainly at home, typically with a sativa or hybrid blend during the day. Battery life is not extremely important either. I'd prefer something electronic, as I don't want to deal with torches and looking like I'm lighting up a crack pipe :)

Tiny88

Deluxe420
@Davinci_vaporizer

- I am loving your vaporizer, IMHO it is way smoother than the Pax. I had the Pax1 and when it was time to upgrade I went with the IQ instead of the Pax3. I am little concerned with my warranty as I received the vaporizer as a birthday gift but the original receipt was not included. I have asked my aunt to locate the receipt but she can't find it. What should I do? Is my IQ's warranty void now? When I had issues with my Pax, they just required my serial # for the warranty, and from that they were about to find out all the purchasing info and authorized retailers.

- Also I have been checking your website to possibly pick up some spacers, but they are still sold out... can you tell me when you might be getting more in?

Thanx

Tiny88

Last edited:
Tiny88,

fumes

I'm looking for something that I can use with very little herb if needed. I'm new to the world of marijuana, so my tolerance will most likely be very low. I'll be using it mainly at home, typically with a sativa or hybrid blend during the day. Battery life is not extremely important either. I'd prefer something electronic, as I don't want to deal with torches and looking like I'm lighting up a crack pipe :)

To be honest in you're situation I'd recommend you look into a Crafty or Mighty if you can afford it.

I own the IQ & a Crafty (among others). The IQ is an excellent vape & beats the Crafty in some aspects but if you're looking for a vape that's very efficient at giving good strong hits with a tiny amount of herb the Crafty (and Mighty) win easily. Especially if looks and concealability don't really both you.

I love both these vaps but if I have some strong herb and ever want to take a few puffs with any less than 0.15g of herb then I always find myself reaching for the Crafty using one of those liquid pads they supply for small doses. The capsules are also really cool.

The IQ easily wins in size and portability. User replaceable battery, heat up time & I think the flavour from the IQ is also a little cleaner and longer lasting. Plus it's just a really cool design as opposed to the power tool feel of the Crafty/Mighty.

likwid

To be honest in you're situation I'd recommend you look into a Crafty or Mighty if you can afford it.

I own the IQ & a Crafty (among others). The IQ is an excellent vape & beats the Crafty in some aspects but if you're looking for a vape that's very efficient at giving good strong hits with a tiny amount of herb the Crafty (and Mighty) win easily. Especially if looks and concealability don't really both you.

I love both these vaps but if I have some strong herb and ever want to take a few puffs with any less than 0.15g of herb then I always find myself reaching for the Crafty using one of those liquid pads they supply for small doses. The capsules are also really cool.

The IQ easily wins in size and portability. User replaceable battery, heat up time & I think the flavour from the IQ is also a little cleaner and longer lasting. Plus it's just a really cool design as opposed to the power tool feel of the Crafty/Mighty.

Thanks but the Crafty/Mighty are out of my price range. I'm getting an awesome deal on either the IQ, Pax 2/3 or Air Solo 2.. That's my dilemma.

likwid,

fumes

Thanks but the Crafty/Mighty are out of my price range. I'm getting an awesome deal on either the IQ, Pax 2/3 or Air Solo 2.. That's my dilemma.

Fair enough.. in that case personally I'd go with the IQ, just make sure you get some spacers. As others have mentioned it does not do well with small loads without them.

Never used the Air Solo 2 but I have an Arizer Air which basically works the same. The air does handle small amounts of herb very well but unless I use a water tool I always found the Air to give a warmer harsher slightly throat irritating vapor regardless of which stem I used. The first couple of draws are ok but it goes downhill fast.
Actually that's one of the things I love about the IQ. If you like having long 10-20 minute sessions you can keep puffing on this thing and raising the temperature until your herb is totally cooked and the draws are always cool, clean & flavourful right to the end, even more so than my Crafty.

I don't have a Pax any more but I used to own a Pax 2 with a pusher over lid. It's a pretty neat vape if you need portability and concealability and they seem to be pretty reliable but the IQ is probably its closest competitor and does just about everything as good or better.
I didn't find the hits from the Pax as harsh as the Air could get, but the IQ is definitely smoother.

Last edited:
fumes,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Tiny88, I totally understand your dilemma! I sent you a PM on the details regarding warranty, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Also, about the spacers, I received notice that they were shipped to us today, so they should be back up no later than Monday as they're made in the US.

Tiny88

Deluxe420
@Tiny88, I totally understand your dilemma! I sent you a PM on the details regarding warranty, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Also, about the spacers, I received notice that they were shipped to us today, so they should be back up no later than Monday as they're made in the US.

@Davinci_vaporizer

- Thanx for getting back to me, and looking forward to getting some spacers too!

Cheers,
Tiny88

almost there

Davinci IQ travel kit part deux. Figured out how to put an image in my post thnx to @Mr. Me2.

realized this post was from a while ago and things may have changed but if ur still carrying ur spare battery like this ur looking for trouble. Get yourself a battery sleeve for less $1 and you'll save yourself some grief.

Last edited:
almost there,
Reactions: Tiny88

Tiny88

Deluxe420
realized this post was from a while ago and things may have changed but if ur still carrying ur spare battery like this ur looking for trouble. Get yourself a battery sleeve for less $1 and you'll save yourself some grief.

Thanx for the heads up.

Tiny88

Tiny88,

b0

Cloudy...
I'm about to buy an IQ, not that happy with my CFV as main portable when out and about. My main concern is that it doesn't extract as well as I would like (even at max I can always get a bit more in other vapes) and the awful battery.

I have been in love with the IQ since always and love the swapable battery, smart paths and how amazingly small it is. As you can see in my signature I have had a few vapes and have some experience with them, so really hoping this vape is what I'm searching.

I would be mainly using it for my way back to work or nights out, at home I have my Milaana and EVO. My main concerns at the moment are 3.

-Is there any way to get those spacer in any shops in Europe? it seems like they gonna be only available at the US store. Any other options to use as spacers?

-Is it really a PITA to deep clean under the flavour chamber? Seems like some people is having issues with some reclaim there.

-Is the draw better than in the Pax/CFV? Sometimes walking around, specially if in a hurry it can be really hard to take a couple of puffs...

Thanks guys! This will be my first Da Vinci vape, but want to be sure that is what I want before getting it...

b0,

Tranquility

-Is there any way to get those spacer in any shops in Europe? it seems like they gonna be only available at the US store. Any other options to use as spacers?
https://www.namastevaporizers.co.uk/products/iq-glass-spacers

-Is it really a PITA to deep clean under the flavour chamber? Seems like some people is having issues with some reclaim there.
It depends on what you mean by "deep clean". I'm not really fastidious about cleaning. Don't get me wrong, I like a clean vape and take a minute after a session to make sure all easily dislodged material is removed. (I also remove the battery when doing this. I don't know if the life will be lengthened if the battery has a chance to cool right after, but, I remove it.) Every so often, I do a deeper clean with iso on the parts including a twist of the iso-swab at the bottom of the flavor chamber until it comes back clean. If I get a dental pick, I can get some goop/reclaim from under the material at the bottom of the flaver chamber. If I don't, the taste still seems clean and the vape fresh. If by deep clean you mean make the vape work as new, yes. You can clean it without too much of a hassle. If you need to get all the stuff between the oven and flavor chamber, it will be a bit of a PITA.

-Is the draw better than in the Pax/CFV? Sometimes walking around, specially if in a hurry it can be really hard to take a couple of puffs...
I can't compare as I don't have either you mention, but, the draw really depends on the grind and the packing. Some recommend taking a cold draw after packing to make sure the draw will be as you like when you use it hot. For the vapes I do have, the draw is not a lung buster.

Tranquility,
Reactions: b0
Top Bottom