1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. DolfLun

DolfLun Member

To be honest, forums and facebook messages can be a total hassle to handle as customer incoming communication. I would recommend looking for a form or phone # on their website. I run a business myself and the hardest part of getting things done is unorthodox communication methods that take extra work just to properly process. Don't get me wrong if Facebook and forum accounts exist, they shouldn't be ignoring you - but its likely they have a few staff members dedicated entirely to traditional methods of communication while maybe one person looks at facebook or forums once or twice a day.

2. Helpmepls

Helpmepls New Member

I hope your right, none of you ever made this mistake?

BigJr48 likes this.
  3. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Look back at Monday's post and read how Davinci immediately provided help to resolve a member's issue with their unit after reading about it.

4. chris420stone

chris420stone New Member

I got a DM from them Monday but haven't heard anything since I replied back

BigJr48 likes this.
  5. Helpmepls

Helpmepls New Member

How dumb do you guys think I am if I just go ahead factory restart with the new battery and just try? I think if it was charged wrong it would go off again right? And else it's working. Or is that just way beyond dumb. I don't know if DaVinci really considered this problem they looked at my message like 2/3 hours ago 0 response on personal message, while it does note they seen it. I just hope they are willing to give any info, like does it auto shutdown if the battery is charged wrong, so I can atleast try a new battery and be safe without having to worry I broke the device or it's charged incorrect. Pls DaVinci tell me something. Btw about overheating I used to just smoke it till it was empty but I also charged meanwhile and sometimes all the session on 221, I do not advice this now however, I think its best to let cooldown asap if you can't hold and put it off, for the battery to be most safe. This way your battery will also not drain very fast. http://www.davincivaporizer.com/news/how-to-prevent-your-vape-from-exploding/#sthash.CK4f7j9H.dpbs also don't charge it on the cpu, don't do it with phone stuff etc. However I don't think it can easily explode of the sheer heat of the oven, since I smoked from full to empty on highest setting sometimes.

6. BigJr48

It is highly recommended to use a external battery charger for better results.

7. Helpmepls

Helpmepls New Member

Did not know that until I red that part, did not notice however how this would negatively effect the battery, but guess when that goes wrong it goes really really wrong so maybe it was dumb luck.

8. CbdLife

CbdLife Well-Known Member

Recieved my Davinvi IQ a couple days ago.
    My first conduction,, and I would say I am more than happy with it.
    Flavor is nice , vapor production is great.
    I am still tinkering with the grind and different temps.
    Waiting on the glass spacers to really get a feel for how I will use it most of time, but I do load a full packed chamber and the IQ has done great, even extraction of essentials and good vapor quality at end of load .
    Also seems I get a strong medicated feeling from the the IQ , like I am extracting more essentials per puff than my Air or Firefly 2.
    Although that may be all in my head , just a initial observation.
    The Davinci IQ will get alot of use.
    I am a fan of conduction

BigJr48 likes this.
  9. BigJr48

Congrats & enjoy!!!

CbdLife likes this.
  10. david8613

david8613 Active Member

Im with you, conduction is very underated... im coming from cfv, to cfx to davinci iq.

CbdLife and BigJr48 like this.
  11. CbdLife

Thanks, I am enjoying it alot. No buyers remorse at all.

I am coming from past -Solo, Crafty, Current- Arizer Air , Firefly 2 ..
    I need a adaptor to vapor bong , but I suspect the IQ will provide a darn fine bong hit , and may put my Arizer Air to back up status ( I love/ respect Arizer stuff, not hating by any means)

BigJr48 likes this.
  12. Davinci_vaporizer

Davinci_vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

@Helpmepls I'm going to send you a PM so we can trouble shoot the issue you are having ok?

@karec, I'll be honest here, I am definitely not a battery expert, but I will get some opinion from those in the company that are. I know that we tested every battery under the sun. Regarding spacers, I believe that we received a shipment yesterday, so they should go back up on the site today. I'm hoping to get some into retail locations in the next few weeks as well.

@CbdLife, are you looking for these for a water adapter: http://www.davincivaporizer.com/10mm-to-14mm-water-adapter/

They are a standard 10-14mm adapter that you can find on ebay as well, as we're out of stock.

13. CbdLife

14. david8613

david8613 Active Member

Thanks was waiting for that, just picked up spacers and a nice case. Is the case smell proof?

Gotta ask this question for iq users, which mouth piece do you guys use, the flat mouth piece or the 10mm mouth piece and why? Im curious...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2017
  15. BigJr48

10mm better draw, airflow and plenty of clouds!!!

CbdLife likes this.
  16. CbdLife

I like the 10mm, agreed on better airflow and clouds as stated....I probably will never get around to using the flat one again...Unless I loose the 10mm lol

Get-A-Fix and BigJr48 like this.
  17. kiddvudu2

kiddvudu2 Member

Ditto, exactly.

BigJr48 likes this.
  18. Davinci_vaporizer

Davinci_vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

@david8613, the cases are smell resistant. They have a pouch with a smell proof liner and then a heavy duty zipper system.

Personally, I'm a 10mm user as well. Funny story, but the management team got in a huge debate on whether or not to include that 10mm mouthpiece with the unit or not. Half championed that the flat mouthpiece was more discreet, kept the unit cleaner, or more "germ free" as direct lip contact wasn't needed, whereas the 10mm you had to put into your mouth. Opposing thoughts were that the 10mm included more users, ie those with lip piercings, anyone wearing chapstick or lipstick and was actually cleaner, not to mention you got bigger clouds. It's still a debate around here to this day. Just some useless insight into our thought process :)

slf, Paka-cholo, Vambo1980 and 3 others like this.
  19. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

I'm one of the few that like the flat mp. Reasons being

1) You can sit it (flat) down on a table while opening the other side to load. That's huge! With the 10mm you have to either balance it in your hand or take the mp out and put it back.

2) Often when you remove the 10mm, the rubber comes off; with the flat mp, the rubber stays in place, and you can even add a screen which stays put as well!

3) Less draw restriction, imo

4) Discretion while driving.

The flat mp didn't work so well with a mustache, the hairs got caught and pulled somehow.

All that said I still go back and forth between the two!

20. Vambo1980

Vambo1980 Well-Known Member

I like the flat mouth peice better also. I just like the feel and seal it gives.
    One thing I forgot about was the smell with conduction vapes, I have to say it's a smelly vape if not cleaned out every 2 or 3 bowls. I also find it gives me a much more sedative hit than any of my other vapes. I have only used the smart path level 3 so far. I presuming it's because it ramps right up to 410 at the end. Those last 5 or so rips take me into couch lock land. Which is why I'm finding it's best suited to evening sessions before bed for me. Finding a full bowl in the daytime can make me a bit heavy where as the crafty for example never really gets me like that at all, from one bowl at least anyway.

Enjoying it so far and it's been working like a peach, no issues.

21. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

One thing better with the 10mm is you can hold it sideways when it gets hot; can't do that with the flat mp!

Question: Do the spacers go over the material (touching the pearl) or under the material (acting as a new bowl bottom?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Vambo1980 and BigJr48 like this.
  22. BigJr48

Yes, the spacers go on top of your material.

Vambo1980 and Vaporcussion like this.
  23. david8613

david8613 Active Member

I heard some one say they put it under, it helps keep the oven holes cleaner, idk i havent use the spacers yet, they are coming to my house as we speak.

How much shorter are your sessions with the spacers?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    BigJr48 likes this.
  24. Paka-cholo

Paka-cholo Flaccid Member

Glad both mouthpieces were included! I love the flat mouth piece as well but use the 10 mil way more and its just a way better draw for what I like. Im on both teams, but if I had to pick a winner for your Team debate it would be Team 10 Mil.

25. First_Time_Caller

First_Time_Caller New Member

So my Da vinci's pearl just broke off. Like a loose tooth, I left it after I noticed the jiggy post getting a rip after I kept taking it off to clean the pearl and it finally gave up the ghost.

I have the pearl (Thank god) and I guess I'm going to have to be diligent in keeping track of it but can it be replaced? Davinci doesn't sell posts just the pearl to put on the post.

Keep in mind I don't live in America and sending my IQ away would only be feasible when I'm back in the US around the holiday season.

What are my options?

Also quick question, what do you guys clean your spacers with? Mine are brown and gritty no matter how many times I scrape at it and clean the holes. I guess this is more superficial than anything since the holes are cleared and the spacer is clean.....but still, I need to know. Cheers.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors