1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The DAVINCI IQ

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Donla94

Donla94 Member

Hey man, I broke off my pearl post as well and it was quite a bummer. I was trying to clean my unit as well and the thing just tore to shreds. Anyhow, after that happened I just kept vaping it for a week or two with the pearl just on top of the herb or spacer. I honestly still think it did the trick but it was just a little more loose packing it down.

It took a solid month through the whole RMA process so I agree with you on sticking it out until your back in the USA. Also, I clean my spacers with iso-alchol it works great.

First_Time_Caller and BigJr48 like this.
  2. karec

karec New Member

Thx and sorry for the late reply (holidays), so i was in a store asking about batteries, and they say Sony is the best brand for 18650 batteries... but they put another one in the mix, MXJO 186540 3000mAh or the 3500mAh version, discharge values are different 15A Max Continuous or 30A Max Continuous with 80C temperature cutoff f or the3000mAh and 10A Max Continuous, Rated 20A Max for the 3500mAh (imrbatteries site data) so judging by the Samsung 30Q and Sony VTC6 details the MXjo 3000mAh unit is more a choice than the 3500mAh (???).
    Samsung is not easy to find in Ecig shops but the sony and the MXjo are easily available so unless the MX can be considered a valid option i think i will buy a couple of Sony VTC6
    THX Cheers
    GAV

Hi im recently new to the IQ im using it for 2weeks and i went on holiday so i use the unit really hard (i use the VapeXhale Cloud Evo at home and only use the IQ outdoors) and my previous portable vape was the Crafty so having the 10mm water mouthpiece is more look a like to the crafty... but after i use the IQ without the WA the only thing that turn me off was the temperature... when it gets hot u will feel it on your lips... and for me its a big no no....but i agree with everything you describe on top, and the unit looks way more cool and stealth with the flat one.
    IQ what about coming out with a retractible mouthpiece? just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2017
    BigJr48 likes this.
  3. malsanti

malsanti Active Member

Hey guys how do you rank this vaporiser?

I have a FF2, and like it. But I wouldn't mind another less fussy vaporizer that doesn't require so much stirring.

How much stirring is required with the IQ and is it annoying to stir when you are out and about like the FF2? I read the IQ produces VapeXhale like clouds. I got like an hour and half to order it if I want it next day.

I need a new movie theater vaporizer. I use it only during day shows, when I sneak off for a movie during work. No one is around, when I use it, so relax. Also one for the park. FF2 is not bad at all for the theaters. But not exactly great either.

4. wags1

wags1 Well-Known Member

A good ISO soak should clean the spacers.

First_Time_Caller likes this.
  5. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

I stand behind the Sony VTC6 and Samsung 30Q, the MXJO is a 20A battery that I'm not familiar with.

I suggest to stay away from the Mxjo, it's 20A and it will get the IQ really hot after a few sessions..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2017
    karec likes this.
  6. CloneFlavour

CloneFlavour New Member

yay, got my Davinci IQ today :rockon:.. unpacked it,.. checked the chambers if everything was in order .. looked good :love:.. did a burnoff ... tried to unscrew the pearl .. the silicon stem got torn .. now it fell off.
    the stem ripped. :rip:

not so happy anymore :(. It was nice to know you for 15 min my little IQ.

[​IMG]

wrote a mail to the retailer

BigJr48 likes this.
  7. BigJr48

Why would you try unscrewing the Pearl???

8. CloneFlavour

CloneFlavour New Member

i didn't try to unscrew it completely.. just a littlebit to make the chamber smaller

karec likes this.
  9. david8613

david8613 Active Member

You should have not played with the pearl, just buy the spacers if you want to make the bowl smaller. I tried to spin mine once, it didnt want to spin so i didnt want to break it. Brought spacers they came in the mail today.

BigJr48 likes this.
  10. CloneFlavour

CloneFlavour New Member

Ya i wont try to unscrew it again.. i would have gotton me the spacers too, but they are everywhere out of stock.

Oh NamasteVapes wants me to contact Davinci directly ... alright, just did

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  11. karec

karec New Member

Cheers Mate i will stick with the Sony VTC6, for now is more reliable judging by all the feed.
    Thx fot the help
    GAV

BigJr48 likes this.
  12. david8613

david8613 Active Member

Whats better for iq though, 10amp, 20amp, 30amp, idk the difference? I got my case and spacers from davinci, case is a little snug no real space for charger and usb cable, its very tight. Nice case other wise just a tiny bit small.

BigJr48 likes this.
  13. karec

karec New Member

@CloneFlavour i also unscrew the pearl when i got it, didn't do it all the way out...i also did it to make the chamber smaller, and it worked for me, after reading your post i realised how closed to that happening to me... and after looking at the pic u must have done a lot of strength or it was a faulty piece, keep us inform of what you did to repair it, you never know....
    cheers

BigJr48 likes this.
  14. CloneFlavour

CloneFlavour New Member

i slowly turned the pearl .. not with much force. it was kind of soft and felt squishy.

karec and BigJr48 like this.
  15. BigJr48

A 15 amp battery works best (Sony& Samsung) as far as cases I found a nice one @dimelife.com

CbdLife and karec like this.
  16. Donla94

Donla94 Member

Yeah I had the same feeling after it came off. I didn't understand how it was so soft and fragile. You think it would be something hard and sturdy. After the RMA process took a month for a simple fix I never touch the pearl.

BigJr48 and karec like this.
  17. CloneFlavour

CloneFlavour New Member

i wont touch it again either .. i ordered the spacers @davinci looks like they are in stock again.

18. CbdLife

CbdLife Member

I just got my Davinci glass spacers.
    I think they work better for me putting the herb in first, then the glass spacer on top.
    I really wanted the other way to work, ( glass spacer in first , herb touching pearl) as I figured it would cool vapor more being further away, I did not get much vapor this way. I will mess with it a bit more , maybe I did something wrong.

I have been vapor bonging with my Arizer Air for a couple months and was completely happy with it , I got the adaptor from Davinci and after one day vaporbonging with the IQ , my Arizer Air is on back up vape status.
    I highly reccomend vapor bonging with the IQ.
    I kept the temp at 365 and was happy with it .
    Sooo happy with the IQ

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2017
    karec and Paka-cholo like this.
  19. CloneFlavour

CloneFlavour New Member

nice, i'm using my air too atm.. i guess it also will become backup after i got my IQ back

20. BigJr48

imrbatteries.com has 15%off All 18650 batteries coupon code LIFEISGOOD

21. david8613

david8613 Active Member

I placed an oreder but it didnt let me add the coupon?

BigJr48 likes this.
  22. CbdLife

CbdLife Member

Air is a solid back up, I hated having to rely on my Magic Flight as my only back up, I just could not get it right ( user error of course)
    Hope your IQ gets back to you soon..

BigJr48 likes this.
  23. david8613

david8613 Active Member

The coupon is only for lg batteries, not sony which i ordered....

BigJr48 likes this.
  24. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

Sony vtc6 and lg hg2 if u want great battery life

If u need higher amps vtc5 and 4 is the best ive used

BigJr48 likes this.
  25. david8613

david8613 Active Member

I ordered the sony vtc6, what doe the higher amps do for you exactly, i know the oem davinci iq battery is 10amp, the 2 sonys i ordered are 15amp. Should have i gotten one in 20amp just to have 10, 15, 20?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    BigJr48 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors