The DAVINCI IQ - Shipping and Ordering discussion

artist

livin'in vapooodia
and still waiting........and really thinking about cancelling if not shipped this week......:
  • ORDER #56778 - gunmetal
    Order Date: Oct 16th 2016
    This order is marked as Awaiting Shipment
    shipping to europe........

dredogg

Who you telling, today is Nov 15th. I ordered on Nov 1st Order No. 57776 Gun Metal. My Credit Card had been charge since Nov 3rd yet I have no device, it hasn't even shipped and for the last 15 days I check these forums and the website every single day, multiple times a day, only to see more of the same "Awaiting Shipment". I must say I usually am the coolest of the bunch. I never fuss, always patient. But I must admit at this point I'm annoyed and losing patience. My joy and hype is being stolen by the way this is all being handled @Davinci_vaporizer Please Advise

dredogg,

icedtea

just got my shipping notification. Order #58106(Copper) ordered on 11/5. can't wait to try it out.

Wow hopefully I get mine this week then. Ordered Stealth on 11/2 (#57898). I know there are probably a bunch of people who ordered in October and still haven't received any updates on their order. That sucks.

icedtea,

cyphronix

I got my shipping notification yesterday. Order#57234 ordered on Oct 25th and got blue! Still can't track it yet though, but that seems to be a problem for a couple of days. Can't wait to try it out.

cyphronix,
Order #58035 (Stealth)
Ordered 11/4

I like others have been stalking this thread and the main thread about the IQ since my purchase. I am beyond frustrated with the vague answers I get when I call customer service, and after reading people's shipping experiences on here. The fact that I can't get a straight answer from the company has made a horrible impression on me as a first time customer. I'm hoping that nothing is wrong with my IQ whenever IQ does ship because the return process is probably a nightmare. I'm trying to be patient like dredogg, but it's wearing thin!

ChrisCana

504vapenoom looks like we are close in line. I am #58087, also stealth.

What gets me most upset about this experience is that their customer service rep lied to my face over the phone. I called prior to placing my order and seeing the warning on the site. He PROMISED that my order would ship absolutely no later than fri if ordered on a mon - even said it in a tone like "omg no WAY will it take that long."

Guess what, didnt ship when he said - still waiting.

fsck_

guys, you have to consider the following:
  • they never promised all orders will ship on the 31st; they stated orders will begin shipping on the 31st
  • davinci only ordered stock of specific quantities of certain colors. this means if they ran out of copper and are waiting for more stock, a later order of stealth (which they probably considered would be more popular) will be dispatched first
  • friday was verteran's day, so they lost a day of shipping out orders (not their fault, national bank holiday). if a support rep promised something would ship that day, it was probably an honest mistake; not a lie.
  • we can't be upset that a small business made a product that many people are wildly excited to purchase and receive. hopefully, they take this experience and apply it to their next major release, but we cannot fault a business for making a product that people can't wait to have
it's only been two weeks, everyone that's getting excited or upset should smoke a bowl and chill. :2c:

side note: order# 57960 (stealth) received yesterday!

just kidding, i'm still waiting too.

dredogg

guys, you have to consider the following:
  • they never promised all orders will ship on the 31st; they stated orders will begin shipping on the 31st
  • davinci only ordered stock of specific quantities of certain colors. this means if they ran out of copper and are waiting for more stock, a later order of stealth (which they probably considered would be more popular) will be dispatched first
  • friday was verteran's day, so they lost a day of shipping out orders (not their fault, national bank holiday). if a support rep promised something would ship that day, it was probably an honest mistake; not a lie.
  • we can't be upset that a small business made a product that many people are wildly excited to purchase and receive. hopefully, they take this experience and apply it to their next major release, but we cannot fault a business for making a product that people can't wait to have
it's only been two weeks, everyone that's getting excited or upset should smoke a bowl and chill. :2c:

side note: order# 57960 (stealth) received yesterday!

just kidding, i'm still waiting too.

I disagree.... it's called managing expectations and it could have been handled better. If you only order a certain amount of something after you have the equivalent in pre order it should be changed to "back order"
and if they want they can offer the option to the end user to say "hey we do not have this right now however if you want we can still take your order but note, expect shipping will be next year august 2017. Then let me be the dummy to order and wait. But dont tell me your shipping from October 31 let me order... then charge my cared (which is not industry standard unless the product is shipped eg. amazon, apple and other reputable companies) and then have me waiting two weeks constantly checking in anticipation for a shipment. Or even still they could have sent a customer service email out saying they are experiencing delays bare with us, sorry for the wait... something.

This is poor.

ChrisCana

ALSO disagree. When I call a company direct and speak to a customer service rep who swears by a certain ship date, I expect that to be honored. If the person who answers the phone is not informed enough to make shipping claims, then don't do it. If they had told me that they were backlogged and it may take longer to ship, fine, I would have placed my order elsewhere or would have waited.

There is no excuse for that.

TimG216

I got off the phone with them a little while ago they are shipping end of October ordered this week @TimG216 . Hopefully mines get shipped next week.
Yes they told me last week that it should ship early this week. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

TimG216,
I also agree that expectations should have been managed better. Had I known it would take this long to ship, I wouldn't have placed the order. My card has already been charged so Im stuck waiting. They've supposedly been shipping the end of October since last week. There are people who have been waiting a month to receive their order. At this rate I'm wondering if I'll get it before December.

504vapenoob,

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
There have been quite a few unwarranted complaints that keep popping up and it gets pretty frustrating. However, there are numerous legitment complaints that have yet to be addressed and as far as I can tell have been blatantly ignored. With that being said, many of these legitament complaints get shut down by somebody saying just chill, smoke a bowl, etc. If you have $300 to blow and all the time in the world to wait then good for you. Some people don't and you shouldn't fault them for that. I'm all for calming the crowd, but just blindly defending a company that has given you no reason too and faulting anyone who has anything bad to say about their experience with said company due to your perception of their frustration and childish impatience is devicive and isn't really helping anyone. Hopefully they keep the iqs shipping. If it's as good as the hype had many of us believe, then the few weeks some of us had to wait to get our hands on one will probably be the last thing on our minds.

Last edited:

tdr

Update from earlier: Gunmetal ordered on 10/07 shipped today. This doesn't fix things, however. I am still incredibly frustrated with the communication they had. They should have been better prepared.

brochap

I placed an order for a Gun Metal iQ on October 19th order #56932.

I have contacted Davinci support twice and both times was told that my order should ship in the next couple days. I haven't heard back from anyone this week yet, so who knows what they will say this time.

Having been involved in a product launch before I know it's not an easy task, but setting expectations up front really helps. Training support staff to be honest is a better policy than giving empty promises. it causes distrust, which is generally bad for a brand / business.

I am really hoping this vape is as good as the marketing makes it out to be.

xlr8

@Davinci_vaporizer

This is my current usps shipping status:

"Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified"

What charges? Not got any details yet but i paid you $50 dollars in tax at time of checkout.

In the UK. Advice please!

I'm afraid you will have to pay taxes again because davinci didn't pay them... ; would be better to refuse shipment in that case and have Davinci re-ship it correctly custom-wise.

@Davinci_vaporizer what's up for my shipment (
#57993) that you told me would happen 2 days ago ?

xlr8,
Reactions: Mixio

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Here we go peeps.

So i pick up my vape with a charge of £63.41 by UK customs.

(This is after paying $57.75 tax at checkout).

Emailed davinci with photos of all the paperwork.

Andrew Sevilla replies to my email

"I do apologize but that is not in our control, that is the doing of your customs."

On the paperwork on the box they had this down as a "gift". Surely this cant be right?

oddjobold,

xlr8

Hummm... ask for tax supplement, send as gift? Any one else received IQ from europe yet? was it gift too?

If you don't want to pay tax 2 times just refuse shipment and ask paypal refund (tax fraud?) like i might do, vaposhop.eu should sell it next month at 249€.

xlr8,
Top Bottom