The CVault - Climate Controlled Storage

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I am excited to get my 4. That leaves me with 6 total. My goal is to get a setup that could rival T-dub but I think I will always be one step behind :)
T-dud wins the big prize!

I have the first CVault coming to replace a glass jar that is cracked.
If I like it I plan to buy a set to replace all my storage containers.
I break glass all the time.
Expensive yes.
CVaults may be the solution to my clumsiness!

ataxian,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I've ordered the 4 litre sized Cvault.

I'm having no luck at all keeping a certain aroma out of my car, using a polycarbonate storage container with a "vacuum lock" lid. So, in the interest of getting all of my lovely smell home, I'm gonna try using the big one.

John Lewus

GODS GIFT has a new home 13.4 grams of FLOWERS in a SMALL size.
I will buy more.
Plus wife thinks their practical!

Thanks for the pic. Now I have an idea what 1/2 Oz looks like and it seems a perfect fit for small.

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Pictures removed.

John Lewus,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
My new large CVault. :)

ehevrq.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
My Small holds 13 grams of flowers.

How many grams does your large hold?

Vicky that cat video cracks me up!
I have to show this to my kids!

I'm not sure yet. I'm getting my stash this weekend, and will post another pic in the "My Stash" thread. :)

I thought the kitty gif in my sig fit my personality. :nod: I'm glad you like it. :D

Vicki,
Reactions: satyrday

John Lewus

The large really doesn't seem too big and will nicely hold an oz.

I like that they are stackable...not easily done with mason jars...:tup:

My medium's don't stack that easily. The bottoms hit the 3 clips of the cvault underneath. Does anyone else have this problem?

John Lewus,

spoutti

First, I have to say Im mostly satisfied with my cvault and humipack/glass jar. Jack Herer, M39, JeanGuy kush all seem fine 2 months later.

But not my purple kush. It lost all its skunky smell. I scored my pk too humid, stems would bend, not crack. And the sweet taste that would last all session long with my solo when i 1st bought it is less intense and lasting. I think someone earlier itt had a similar problem with over humid herb that lost it taste. As for the potency, i dont think it lost anything, but im not a good potency tester.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
First, I have to say Im mostly satisfied with my cvault and humipack/glass jar. Jack Herer, M39, JeanGuy kush all seem fine 2 months later.

But not my purple kush. It lost all its skunky smell. I scored my pk too humid, stems would bend, not crack. And the sweet taste that would last all session long with my solo when i 1st bought it is less intense and lasting. I think someone earlier itt had a similar problem with over humid herb that lost it taste. As for the potency, i dont think it lost anything, but im not a good potency tester.
I think glass is better!

spoutti

Funny you say that, because the pk is in my cvault; I put it there because its my favorite i have now and I put it in my "best" container..

Next time I score sweet/skunky herbs, I will put it in the cvault w/o humipack and a nugget in a jyarz that I should order soon and see if I have any difference.

John Lewus

Funny you say that, because the pk is in my cvault; I put it there because its my favorite i have now and I put it in my "best" container..

Next time I score sweet/skunky herbs, I will put it in the cvault w/o humipack and a nugget in a jyarz that I should order soon and see if I have any difference.

Good suggestion. Next time I get some really strong smelling stuff I am going to experiment. We can compare results.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

When I got my OSCAR of GOD'S GIFT is was amazing for flavor and effect.
However the Profile changed with time.
I put my whole inventory in glass.
About 82.5 grams.
10 grams remain in the vault however in the morning I'm transferring it to glass.

I'm over the experimentation!

Last edited:

spoutti

Well, 4 months later, the smell of my sweet skunky purple kush turned to cigar with a hint chocolate blunt. It was a nice 3,5g tight bud. It changed again from 2 months earlier.. I will vape tomorrow it night. My m39, tight indica too, is specially more rough for my throat compared to my other kinds. But my may score of loose nuggets smells and taste virtually the same.

I suspect the humipack is not compatible for long term storage of tight nuggets.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
You have to be carful about the equilibrium created in the c-vault. The pack gives off moisture if your material is too dry. If it is too wet it will take in moisture. If you pack gets to the point that it is running out of "power" you will get to a point where it is needing moisture to try and stay wet and squishy.

Once the pack gets to that stage it will do nothing but pull moisture form your material in order to try and reach equilibrium again between the humidity pack and the internal humidity. Terpens are volatile oils which are partly liquid in nature... think essential oils. I believe those along with the moisture get sucked in to the packs that are past their equilibrium.

What this means is that you have to change the packs more often... I no longer wait for them to get dry and crackly. I try and switch them out about twice as often now and I seem to get better results. If you do get to a point where your packages are past effectiveness you can always take them out. The C-vault still works well as an airtight and light tight storage container.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Thanks, SM :tup:

Surprised I didn't think of this sooner with all the cigars I used to keep in various humidors over the years. You are exactly right, and everyone who is using C-Vaults needs to adjust how they use them right away, if you want to keep the most flavor and proper humidity in your Vaults.

Shrike,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I haven't replaced mine in 3 months, and they are still working great. I didn't plan to replace them anytime soon because they are just like they were the day I got them. Should I be worried?

Vicki,
Reactions: Shrike
Top Bottom