1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The CVault - Climate Controlled Storage

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by vtac, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Shrike

Shrike EVOlved & Waiting to 'Hop

If you are "sampling" from the Vault from time to time Vicki, and don't notice any changes in the flavors/potency/consistency of the buds...then I wouldn't worry in the slightest. :)
    basement farmer and Vicki like this.
  2. Slightly Medicated

Slightly Medicated (SliM) Iron Lungs

Just keep an eye on them. If you open your can allot you will have to replace them sooner, so it varies depending on the person. Once you start to notice a change in terpine profile I would switch them out. Also some terps are more volatile then others... so some strains will loose their subtleties quicker regardless of how they are stored.
  3. spoutti

spoutti Well-Known Member

After vaping tests results.

Still as potent, nothing lost there. Vapors are smooth. But I get a sour taste instead of sweet. Weird. Maybe both sweet and sour tastes are initially there, but the sweet one dissipate fast. Maybe my buds changed somehow.

The cvault feels great. I will use it dry for sure. But I think I will use the humipacks to rehydrate dry buds, not long term storage. Im not sure.. I guess I should gatter more info, and maybe start a new tread comparing storage methods if it aint there.

@sm: I did change the original humipack since may, but dont remember when. It feels smoothly squishy
    basement farmer and Tom Funk like this.
  4. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone can rival T-dub...at least I can't. His place looks like alot of fun between the lab gadgets, the steaks and that massive stash. :D
  5. John Lewus

John Lewus Well-Known Member

I don't want to rival him. I want to be a fast follower. It is cheaper :)
    basement farmer and t-dub like this.
  6. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Maybe if you ask nice enough, he will show you the ways. You might have to clean his lab equipment though.

[​IMG]
  7. ataxian

ataxian California

If you open and close it I'm sure it's fine.
    Mine sat for 2 months untouched.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    basement farmer, Tom Funk and Shrike like this.
  8. Korben

Korben Thrilled

Is there a sizing guide that is based on the weight of product? Also would storing separate strains in one vault be possible if you put them in plastic baggies? Or would the plastic bags interfere with the boveda packs?
    chimpybits likes this.
  9. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Baggies would interfere with the hydration.
  10. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I've used a baggy to separate 2 different strains, but I kept the bag wide open.
    Korben, chimpybits and Kief like this.
  11. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

That's what I've always done. I've had as many as three different bags open in there. The small vault holds about 1/2 oz packed tightly.
    Vicki and chimpybits like this.
  12. Korben

Korben Thrilled

That's good to know. I guess I would need larges (which are out of stock on their web site) has anyone used this to cure straight from harvest?
    basement farmer likes this.
  13. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

i got mine from vapeworld...not sure where you are shopping.
  14. Korben

Korben Thrilled

The cvault online store I will check vapeworld. I just found them on amazon but the top is completely chrome it doesn't seem to have the colored logo. Is this an older model? They are on prime though. Anyone tried ordering them from amazon?
  15. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

The original models didn't have the colored logo. Just chrome top.

The newer model might be more precisely manufactured, some of the early ones had welds that weren't too clean.
  16. synche

synche Well-Known Member

I am sorry that this post does not directly address the original post, but think my comments may be helpful here.

Boveda packs are advertised as a 2-way humidification system. That means they are designed to be able to absorb moisture from it's surroundings if the RH is to high. That means spent packs placed in an environment of equal or higher humidity than the packs rating would be regenerated into a new or near new state.

I have not tried this myself but if the packs work as they are advertised to, it will work and you won't have to buy new ones. Off the top of my head, running a humidifier inside a box not totally sealed, but enough to get a real humid environment going would work.
  17. pigfoot

pigfoot Dabs are vaping too!

18. Korben

Korben Thrilled

Got two mediums
  19. LetsAllMeltDownTogether

LetsAllMeltDownTogether Well-Known Member

Does anyone notice a difference in flavor after using these?
  20. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I haven't.
  21. Herbal Ant

Herbal Ant Well-Known Member

nope
  22. SpruceGruve

SpruceGruve Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue

So I'm looking online and can't figure out the right size for my need.

I'm looking for a container that can fit a large ziplock bag stuffed with 8oz/HP
    It looks like a 2liter might work,but I might need a 4liter any suggestions/advice here?
    basement farmer and ataxian like this.
  23. Herbal Ant

Herbal Ant Well-Known Member

Kinda hard to tell without knowing how dry it is, but I would go with the 4liter. Better to have room for it to breath, then to just pack it in and hope it all fits. You could always cut the top off a 2liter pop bottle, wash it out and dry it, and see if it all fits in there. Then you know for sure what size to get. :tup:
  24. JKahndb0

JKahndb0 New Member

Yah it works, thats what I do instead of buying new ones...
    but its a lot simpler than that.. Just put the bovedapacks in Tupperware with a wet cloth and wait a day... Brand new packs...

Depending on how many packs and how much moisture the cloth can hold you may have to re-wet it to completely revive the packet...
  25. randybishop

randybishop Member

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors