The CVault - Climate Controlled Storage

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
A little mindless philosophy regarding medicine storage since I deal with an annual situation. Like storing emergency food, vacuum sealed Mason jars with oxygen absorbers is an excellent long term storage solution. I open these only when necessary to xfer meds to shorter term/use storage which is CVaults/Mason jars with Boveda packs, along with other "perishables" in my lab/supplements refrigerator. Once oxygen is reintroduced to my meds I switch to a cool, dark, humidity controlled, storage environment. A glimpse into my "lab fridge" . . . ;)

Edit: I consider these two storage environments to be mutually exclusive.

labfridge.jpg

---
stash2i.jpg

Long term parking, vacuum with oxygen absorbers . . .

John Lewus

A little mindless philosophy regarding medicine storage since I deal with an annual situation. Like storing emergency food, vacuum sealed Mason jars with oxygen absorbers is an excellent long term storage solution. I open these only when necessary to xfer meds to shorter term/use storage which is CVaults/Mason jars with Boveda packs, along with other "perishables" in my lab/supplements refrigerator. Once oxygen is reintroduced to my meds I switch to a cool, dark, humidity controlled, storage environment. A glimpse into my "lab fridge" . . . ;)

labfridge.jpg

---
stash2i.jpg

Long term parking . . .

John Lewus,

vapirtoo

Here in prohibition NYC, I'm jealous as all hell.
I see the humidapaks in each mason jar, but the
sheer amount of bud...... :ko: :ko: :o

vapirtoo,

John Lewus

Long term parking, vacuum with oxygen absorbers . . .

Do you have a recommendation on where to buy these oxygen absorbers in the USA and which ones work best for you?

Also how did you vacuum seal your mason jars? I have a high end food saver but I don't see how you did it. I thought you had to use the wide mouth jar sealer which is a big ugly plastic thing you put over your mason jars. If yours are sealed then doesn't that require a canning process with heat?

I am about to get some more medicine this weekend and it will last me about 4 months. I already have 5 strains and only two cvault's along with some tight vac's. I bought some more humidipaks and plan to get some mason jars but I am not sure the best way to store with what I have. I want to use the Cvault and maybe a tightvac for the day to day use and store the rest.

I am thinking of getting some index cards, cutting in half, and putting half the herb on one side of the cvault and a diff herb on the other so I have small samples to choose from. I really don't have the room in my quick access drawer to store a bunch of cvaults.

John Lewus,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
John, you also use a regular canning lid with the "big white thingy" which is an attachment you remove when you are finished sealing ;) The oxy absorbers I think I got at either a local LDS(Mormon) cannery, I HIGHLY recommend getting into one of these places IF you can, or you can try here: http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/oxygenabsorbers300cc.aspx

As far as which ones work best, just make sure you get one big enough for your container, I usually just get a bunch of medium ones, but these things are basically just little "hand warmers" thats how they work, same principle, just iron oxidizing the oxygen away . . .

Edit: Remember to vacuum seal the unused oxygen absorbers quickly because every second they are exposed to air the clock is ticking.
t-dub's got an herbal daddy! I need one...
Yes, yes I do. I highly recommend having one . . . ;) Here is an OLD pic of meds coming in from "the field" for processing . . .

stash1e.jpg

vapirtoo

With meds in those amounts proper storage is a must.
I get by with the smallest c-vault, and I only have to
re-up once a month (approx).
My herb stash is miniscule compared to those pics.
T-dub you are truly blessed.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
T-dub you are truly blessed.
Yes I am, thanks, free is the best price in the world. Yeah the annual, outdoor nature of my "situation" required me to figure out this long term storage thing quickly or else a lot of medicine was going to get really fucked up, really fast. Thankfully I am a little bit of a "prepper" and have been storing emergency food for a while. It can be interesting living with the same medicine for an extended period, really lets you get to know it. I try not to vape it up too quickly but that is easier said than done. I am amazed when I pop a vacuum jar open after a year and the medicine is just like when I put it in there. Stasis . . .

Shmoo

When you get the humipaks, they're stored in individual wrappers or something, right? Because it's $1 each instead of $1.25 each when you buy 6, so I wanted to make sure that I can store them without them going bad.
EDIT: Just found this: "Boveda® are active when you receive your product; Boveda® should be stored in the sealed 2 ML bag or other airtight container when not in use." But isn't the CVault an airtight container? So wouldn't storing it in one not help it stay fresh longer? Or if they're all stored in a ziplock bag, would they not be used up since the bag isn't being opened and closed constantly and there's no herbs or much air in it?

Shmoo,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
They come in a ziplock baggie. Just leave them there until you need to put them in a Cvault. You could put them all in a pint mason jar with a tight lid, as well.

If you have an extra Cvault lying around, I suppose you could use that, too.

Enchantre,
Reactions: Shmoo

Shmoo

I don't know where you guys ordered your humidipaks, but I feel the best deals are on Amazon.com.
I would have ordered the 4-pack for $5.89 with free shipping, but instead I ordered the 12 pack for $12 so it would add to the $25 minimum for free shipping, since I was ordering other stuff. If that doesn't matter to you, the 12 pack is $10.80 with free shipping.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks shmoo...would you mind linking your amazon find? I did a humidpak search and got shit tons of returns.

stickstones,

Shmoo

Enchantre

Oil Painter

slightlyvaped

Just do a search at Amazon or Ebay for "Boveda 62" and you will get all the 62% humidipaks available.

I usually purchase through Amazon or Ebay as it seems to be cheaper after you factor in shipping fees from other shops.

slightlyvaped,
Top Bottom