The CVault - Climate Controlled Storage

Vaporware

Just got my extra small CVAULTs. Bath time and then hard labor for them. I think this size is gonna be GREAT!!

How do you plan to use them? My main use for small containers is carrying them in my pocket, but these seem a little large for that. I guess if I was carrying a backpack they’d be a good option though. Or am I thinking they’re larger than they are?

Mr. Me2

How do you plan to use them? My main use for small containers is carrying them in my pocket, but these seem a little large for that. I guess if I was carrying a backpack they’d be a good option though. Or am I thinking they’re larger than they are?
I plan to use them for at home storage. Each comfortably holds a 1/4 oz. But I already found one easily slides into a pocket (assuming you’re not wearing skinny jeans).

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I bought a 6-pack of these humidity meters (below link). Fairly accurate, used the SALT METHOD to chart the actual offset, then marked each one. They use BUTTON batteries, doubt they “off gas”, as they are sealed. I bought one higher quality meter, as a baseline check. The cheap Chinese ones, came with button batteries, look exactly like the pictures LesPlenty posted above.

MegaMan2k

I know it seems alittle far fetched,
but herb in a closed container really is like a sponge for anything, so if there would be anything coming out of any of the elctronics/displays/wiring/battary it would most def be absorbed by the herb.

I know its all suppose to be sealed, but that dosnt always hold 100% true
And the risk of there being damage to any of the components in play could also result in un-expected off gassing

Alone the none-food grade plastic these things are made off should be enough to cause concern.
Why even go the length of getting a c-vault or a jyarz etc. if you are going to contaminate the otherwise clean environment with dirty plastic.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
This is just my burping jar so it gets opened daily followed by a blowout with 2x mini fans hung on the edge for good measure.
That said, I do keep 1x in each quart mason jar for long term storage, never even thought about the battery off-gassing, the gauge itself...yes. I left them on a window ledge for a couple of months before using them. Now I just have to forget about the batteries potentially causing harm...at least I use quality batteries now as the early cheap ones I used would go flat before the jar got used.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: ataxian

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I know it seems alittle far fetched,
but herb in a closed container really is like a sponge for anything, so if there would be anything coming out of any of the elctronics/displays/wiring/battary it would most def be absorbed by the herb.

I know its all suppose to be sealed, but that dosnt always hold 100% true
And the risk of there being damage to any of the components in play could also result in un-expected off gassing

Alone the none-food grade plastic these things are made off should be enough to cause concern.
Why even go the length of getting a c-vault or a jyarz etc. if you are going to contaminate the otherwise clean environment with dirty plastic.

NOT “far fetched”, and very WISE to consider anything that we may breath into our unprotected lungs!

I did consider this before putting the hydrometers in my sealed containers.

First, these were originally designed for humidors, that many store there expensive cigars in, and I was unable to find any articles concerning leaching or safety on the use of these meters in a sealed box or container. That doesn’t prove anything either way, but is a consideration.

Now one might think that cigar experts use better meters, but after researching meters, most are not too expensive or exotic. Since I have many containers, I opted for the cheap, small Chinese ones, but did buy one more expensive one (linked below), as it can manually be calibrated. I use that one as my baseline. But, like everything, it’s also made in China.

My OPINION, is these small meters don’t contain much electronics, the plastic is not soft, and as there is no HEAT that usually causes things to leach, I doubt there is any off gassing. One would need expensive lab equipment to prove my beliefs, and I would like to believe any concerns like this would have been done already, but I’ll keep looking.

If one wants to perhaps be more safe, there are the old style hydrometers, with NO batteries, but these are considered less accurate, and usually larger in size. If like me, you use the some of the cheap electronic ones, swap out the cheap alkaline batteries as they can leak, though button batteries leak far less then the round AA/AAA type.

There are so many things we use to vape, it’s wise to consider everything that’s in the air path, which obviously includes how we store what we are vaping. We all make decisions on what materials we are comfortable using, chose wisely.

Below is a meter that gets top reviews.

MegaMan2k

NOT “far fetched”, and very WISE to consider anything that we may breath into our unprotected lungs!

I did consider this before putting the hydrometers in my sealed containers.

First, these were originally designed for humidors, that many store there expensive cigars in, and I was unable to find any articles concerning leaching or safety on the use of these meters in a sealed box or container. That doesn’t prove anything either way, but is a consideration.

Now one might think that cigar experts use better meters, but after researching meters, most are not too expensive or exotic. Since I have many containers, I opted for the cheap, small Chinese ones, but did buy one more expensive one (linked below), as it can manually be calibrated. I use that one as my baseline. But, like everything, it’s also made in China.

My OPINION, is these small meters don’t contain much electronics, the plastic is not soft, and as there is no HEAT that usually causes things to leach, I doubt there is any off gassing. One would need expensive lab equipment to prove my beliefs, and I would like to believe any concerns like this would have been done already, but I’ll keep looking.

If one wants to perhaps be more safe, there are the old style hydrometers, with NO batteries, but these are considered less accurate, and usually larger in size. If like me, you use the some of the cheap electronic ones, swap out the cheap alkaline batteries as they can leak, though button batteries leak far less then the round AA/AAA type.

There are so many things we use to vape, it’s wise to consider everything that’s in the air path, which obviously includes how we store what we are vaping. We all make decisions on what materials we are comfortable using, chose wisely.

Below is a meter that gets top reviews.

that is very interresting!
And i believe you are right, even if something WAS absorbed into the bud it would be so little that it probably wouldnt affect taste or be dangereous in any way.

still always funny to go all the way down the rabbit hole on these types of things :D
And im always a bit over-paranoid... lol

I actually had some pretty good "analog" meters few years back, remember testing them side by side with the digital one and they were veeery acurate!

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Just got one of the new X-small twist containers in a few days ago...anyone else having issues with the lid not staying shut? I'll twist it closed, then later go to grab the container, pick it up by the lid, and I can feel the seal break, and the lid pops up. It doesn't seem to screw shut very securely. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is a design flaw. But as it is, I wouldn't put this in my pocket for fear of it opening. And I also question how effectively it's hydrating the herb if the seal breaks so easily... Am I missing something?

Mr. Me2

Just got one of the new X-small twist containers in a few days ago...anyone else having issues with the lid not staying shut? I'll twist it closed, then later go to grab the container, pick it up by the lid, and I can feel the seal break, and the lid pops up. It doesn't seem to screw shut very securely. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is a design flaw. But as it is, I wouldn't put this in my pocket for fear of it opening. And I also question how effectively it's hydrating the herb if the seal breaks so easily... Am I missing something?
I’ve found you have to make sure it’s fully shut. I check after I close it to try and pull it opened. It may not catch on the 1st try, but I find it does securely close.
I suggest you also make sure the Boveda pack doesn’t interfere with the gasket.

so far, I’ve found my bud really nice and fresh in the extra small container.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I’ve found you have to make sure it’s fully shut. I check after I close it to try and pull it opened. It may not catch on the 1st try, but I find it does securely close.

Most likely it’s just may take?
Teflon tape too work as a seal.
I use it 4 my CANNABIS & Other hobbies experience?
COLAS were all the rage on this planet bipedal creature’s dwell?
Need 2 grow CANNABIS tree’s maybe 2 get what I write?

ataxian,

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?

After a bit more practice with it, I've found that even when it feels like I'm done twisting, I need to give it one final push and that helps to lock it in.

Top Bottom