Discontinued The Baker: By Vaporblunt

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Okay, I just had a session with my buddy:o, I think my speculations were correct:nod:. He packed a full bullet not packing tight but just a light pat down, then I added my cup shaped screen on top of the herb/bullet's (to keep pong cleaner). We proceeded to let the bullet heat soak for a few seconds before beginning to draw and bam it started producing heavy milk in the tube @ a lowered 445 vs my usual with a .1 (470). So the .2+ made a huge difference in vapor production and unless his herb was more potent than mine or created more vapor i think the .2 + did it. The lower level of 445 for me was even more tasty than the 470 temp and flavor lasted a few more hits longer than at the 470 temp.
We both got that heavy feeling that I had mentioned to him, and he's a combuster.:tup:

Smaller loads seemed to want hotter settings but for a nicely loaded bullet the lower temps + heat soaking the bullet like the pnp will make a difference as well. I think theres obviously conduction and convection going on in here but I want to say that it has more conduction rather than convection, where as the pnp has the heater below the bowl to heat the air as well. I could be wrong of course.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
@TherealVaporblunt after watching @BLAZING OG s dab video I keep think how cool it would be if you offered a glass gong top for the dab setup as an optional accessory. Then we could use our pnwt and VB tubes while doing dabs in a compact little setup with no whip tubing. Don't know if it's possible but I would definitely be all for it

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
@TherealVaporblunt after watching @BLAZING OG s dab video I keep think how cool it would be if you offered a glass gong top for the dab setup as an optional accessory. Then we could use our pnwt and VB tubes while doing dabs in a compact little setup with no whip tubing. Don't know if it's possible but I would definitely be all for it
I agree, either glass or any high temp oil pong with hole for dabbing and the water tools would be awesome:clap::clap:

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I
have one in my office, I'll dig it up and revisit it. It's made of glass, it's pretty cool

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I
have one in my office, I'll dig it up and revisit it. It's made of glass, it's pretty cool
What would be cool would be a glass adapter with the gong on it for the WT, but a type of dabber either titanium or glass that will fit in the GONG joint and administer the oil while you plug the water tool over it . Kinda like a nail that floats on the joint, something like that but long enough to reach the thimble.:clap::clap:

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: CarolKing

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My final session last night was on 450, which is way above the norm for me, but perfect for going to sleep. I was pretty sober so I started with a fresh bowl about half full. That session got me pretty medicated but then I went for the duff I got throughout the day and packed the bullet full with it...packed...and put that in there at 450. I got what I expected...a few average clouds that tasted on the end of life side, but the sleepy effect was there and it did the job!

OG...looks like you go the dabbing technique down...very little waste in that vid and great big clouds!

My only complaint so far is the lack of heat retention. I find myself sipping on it to get thicker clouds and satisfying hits, or giving it some time in between hits to recover so I can get another big one. Most vapes can get overwhelmed (the Cloud is the only exception I can think of at the moment), but I find the draw on this one to be slower than the 7th Floor products or the Extreme. And I disagree that this one hits harder than the Extreme with flowers, at least so far.

The Cloud allows one to hoover their meds by having a strong heat sink that doesn't get overwhelmed. The Herbie allows the same type of hit by closely monitoring the temp at the bowl and adjusting the heat on the fly to keep the temp the same regardless of draw speed. But those vapes cost three times as much as the Baker. The Baker is going to compete with the log vapes and the DBV and the E, and I think it competes well. The attachments to come are what's going to separate it from those models, and it's ease of dabbing.

Signature wise, this thing vapes like a PNP with a good amount of conductive heat. I am becoming more and more convinced that vape signatures are legit and someday vapes will be designed for a specific kind of effect. If you liked the PNP effects, then this will be right down your alley. It's basically a souped up PNP that can plug into the wall and do the same thing but bigger, faster and stronger.

I really like everything about the Baker so far except the required draw speed. If you are fine with sipping slowly, then you will be in love, and its flexibility (attachments, dabbing, adaptability to glass) appears to be better than any other in its class. More testing is to come and more feedback is coming. But the fact that I am going to use it exclusively for a while tells me that it is a legit vape. When a vape sucks I can't stand to test it for long!

EDIT: and don't forget the longer cord! This current one is about one to two feet short of what I want both in the office and the bed. Double the length would be perfect.

Last edited:

Kaptan

I think theres obviously conduction and convection going on in here but I want to say that it has more conduction rather than convection, where as the pnp has the heater below the bowl to heat the air as well. I could be wrong of course.
I just wanted to correct some misinformation, the PNPRO does not heat below the bullet. The steel cylinder that surrounds the bullet in the chamber is the heater. Engineering stated this in the PNPRO thread.
I'm really starting to like The Baker from the videos shown here. If I wasn't beta testing the Versa, I would be all over this one.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
@stickstones how long is the cord? My DBV has a huge cord and i never seem to ever have a problem with its length

i wonder what happened to @420time..... he is totally gone and i was really enjoying his reviews of the Baker as well as the others

Last edited:

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I tried something new to get even thicker vapor. And had the best session yet. I loaded a bullet set the Baker to 420° when it reached temp. I dropped the bullet in and waited 3 minutes till I took the first draw. I was rewarded nicely for my patience. I hit it dry with the direct draw stem I made from the whip. Using a medium draw I was finally able to get a hit almost as large as the nano. I recommend a short heat soak as @BLAZING OG posted earlier. It really improved the initial draw and probably the entire session. I am still getting my technique down and it has been very satisfying with only flower usage.
@stickstones I paid attention to my habits, I guess I don't find any problem with it keeping up because I usually pause between draws. Sometimes close to a minute. :shrug:

Last edited:

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
@stickstones how long is the cord? My DBV has a huge cord and i never seem to ever have a problem with its length

i wonder what happened to @420time..... he is totally gone and i was really enjoying his reviews of the Baker as well as the others

What do u mean gone?

Edit: if his name is crossed out does that mean he is banned?

Breathemetal

Sounds like manufacturers should be more careful about sending out test units then. Maybe you shouldnt send to new members like he was.

Breathemetal,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Sounds like manufacturers should be more careful about sending out test units then. Maybe you shouldnt send to new members like he was.

thats a little unfair dont you think?? we do not know what 420time did and i looked at his posts and they all seemed within the rules. You don't know what happened @Breathemetal and only 420time and the MOD's do so speculation at this point is just that "speculation"

Breathemetal

thats a little unfair dont you think?? we do not know what 420time did and i looked at his posts and they all seemed within the rules. You don't know what happened @Breathemetal and only 420time and the MOD's do so speculation at this point is just that "speculation"

You're right, thats true.
Sorry, im not medicated yet...lol
Hopefully he turns back up with a solid review or something more to say.
it would be a shame if he just ran off with the free unit...if that's the case..i say..BANHAMMER

Breathemetal,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@1_gr8_underdog -- one minute between hits is more than enough to recover. I'm overwhelming it and hitting it ten to fifteen seconds later.

mmenzie -- PD cord is 6.5 feet. Baker cord is 5 feet. Vap2 cord is 10 feet. -- They are all the thin cord adapters, not like on the DBV.

no need to beat up on 420time. he'll be back. he's on a short term ban for little stuff...nothing character related like being a dick.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It's not appropriate to speculate on why a member has been banned. 420time wasn't a new member, and in fact that's part of why he got in trouble. He should have known he was breaking a rule, since he'd done it before. TRVB is free to choose his beta testers however he pleases as long as he stays within the rules, and he had no way to know 420time was about to screw up.

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
It's not appropriate to speculate on why a member has been banned. 420time wasn't a new member, and in fact that's part of why he got in trouble. He should have known he was breaking a rule, since he'd done it before. TRVB is free to choose his beta testers however he pleases as long as he stays within the rules, and he had no way to know 420time was about to screw up.
At least he has a baker to help him pass the days :)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm starting to think this is a mostly conduction vape, which would make sense given its focus on desktop dabbing. OG's success dabbing on the Titanium bullet confirms the amount of conduction going on. I hope Engineering gets in here soon to tell us what is going on under the hood.

If I am right, then this vape will really appeal to dabbers wanting some occasional flower use. I also think guys like Pakalolo might really like it. That guy has a ton of portable conduction vapes, but I don't know of a conduction desktop vape developed recently. I am coming around to the belief that conduction effects are different from convection effects. The Baker gives me more of a stoney, couchy kind of high. Yesterday I was in a rare place where just sitting in front of the tv was very satisfying and I could feel it in my eyes. What I really like to do with the Baker is hit it late at night on a hi temp with my duff from earlier sessions. The combination of the duff with the Baker's conduction heating really puts me to sleep!

It won't appeal to those wanting a big heavy hitter for flowers that gets the job done quickly. It gets me there, and I really like it for sessions, but it is not something I will use when I need to go upstairs for a quick punch to the face.

I think this thing will pair perfectly with my lsv. I'll use the lsv for daytime low-temp vaping and the Baker to finish off those same loads for nighttime.

Sativape

@ BLAZING OG

That was a thick and milky draw.

Almost looks like you're firing up a bowl!

Oh yeah, thanks for heat soaking recommendation (applied to the PNP).

Works like a charm!

My Solo is collecting dust because of the PNP.

Once I snag the Baker... my Extreme Q will be doing the same!

Arizers will be back ups for the VaporBlunt front line!

Last edited:

Engineering

Manufacturer
Hi Guys,

The Baker is a combination of conduction and convection. Sticksstones is correct, to heat the Titanium bowl the baker uses conduction through the walls of the bowl. But when using flowers the air is drawn through a heat exchanger feature that is part of the bowl design. Therefore, when using flowers your getting maximum heat to the material both through the walls and through the air.

Top Bottom