1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arizer Air

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

Your in good hands with PIU. Fast return time.

jpdnkstr and OF like this.
  2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Unfortunate. One should have backups for mission critical gear...... Combustion is not an acceptable alternative, of course, so you need a better option 'in place' before it's needed (obvious at this POT here, of course).

I suggest a lower cost vape, something reliable (good reputation) and fun to use in it's own right (so it won't be ignored). Perhaps a nice VG? Or MFLB? Or (a personal favorite), VapMan. I suggest you check out the latter, it's a very excellent vape with a very strong following. Able to do some mighty impressive work with a pinch of herb or a bit of concentrate. And it's fun to use.

OF

Stoned Cold, KidFated. and jpdnkstr like this.
  3. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

Yes....always have a back up vape ready to go. Highly important. I have a DynaVap as my backup and also as my....."I need to get really really ripped" unit. For the cost...you can not go wrong with a vapcap.

That said......I am having a hard time waiting for the Air2.......

OF and KidFated. like this.
  4. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Yeah, my air is my back up to my vapcap. Mainly when I don't wanna get caught hearing something with a torch. Or driving.

Air2 will be nice though!

ShayWhiteGrow likes this.
  5. metaknight

metaknight Well-Known Member

Wow. I already have an Air but MAN does that thing look slick. I was considering getting a solo ii because of the digital screen but if the Air ii has the same batteries as the Air then I'm definitely interested in the Air ii over the solo ii.

6. LabPong

Going from the air1 to a air 2....I'm hoping to get a cleaner air-path with less restriction, better battery life if possible, and more control over temps and session duration.

7. bluenavey00

bluenavey00 Arizer Air Aficionado

Guys, it's been fun, but many of us may have a new thread to chat on soon!

Check the Arizer website!

KidFated. likes this.
  8. exime

exime Well-Known Member

Holy stink bomb! Mystic blue is $50 more dollars than black. $289? I payed $199 for my Solo2 in mystic blue from PoV and at that time both colors were the same price.

9. KidFated.

Both are the same price on the arizer site. From what I see

OF likes this.
  10. exime

exime Well-Known Member

You're right the solo 2 is still same price but not the brand new Arizer Air 2. It could just be an error since the page was just launched.

11. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Arizer implemented the same air path as the Solo 2 on the Air 2????

12. Jimmer144

Jimmer144 Rasta Masta

Wow, i can't believe the Air 2 is available to purchase on Arizers website, i will probably wait until PIU stocks them and see if i can't get a discount considering as of now its the same price as a new Solo 2.

OF, KidFated. and BigJr48 like this.
  13. exime

exime Well-Known Member

Okay the price of the black one went from 239 up to 289. Was an error on their part. They are both 289 now.

BigJr48 likes this.
  14. KidFated.

Both shot 239 usd for me. The second time I looked the blue was more expensive. I'm getting confused. 239 is a yes but a stretch, 289 is a no from me.

BigJr48 likes this.
  15. exime

exime Well-Known Member

Yea they are showing 239 now for me too. I think that's probably the correct price lol. 289 would be crazy.

16. cannagrandma

cannagrandma Member

I'm about to get the Arizer Air because of the price drop :D It will be my second vaporizer. I have the flowermate mini pro and love it. I can't justify more than 150 bucks for a "gadget", but am excited to get this even if it's not the latest and greatest. I was really wanting an Extreme Q, but hubby insists on vaping in an inside room that has no wall outlet... yes we still are hiding from the man...lol... so I'm going to get the Air.

BigJr48, SloJimFizz, OF and 3 others like this.
  17. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

I'm not one for buying the latest and greatest either. I wait for the price to drop and reliability to increase. Arizer however is pretty reliable from the start.

BigJr48 and OF like this.
  18. cannagrandma

cannagrandma Member

Yes, and let them get any kinks out. I'm keep seeing "Latest Edition" on the sale pages. :D. I imagine it will be my go to vape, even though I love mine.

Edited because, well, I needed to.

BigJr48, SloJimFizz and lookhigh like this.
  19. metaknight

Final verdict, it's not too hot to hold on the highest heat setting, it's 60F in my room at the moment so that could affect my performance versus yours. But in my conditions I can hold the heater for a considerable amount of time without the case.

20. debaserrrrr

debaserrrrr Well-Known Member

Finally got my Air back!

Apparently it's not "my air" though, as I believe I was shipped a new one!

The oven is pristine, the protective plastic was in place, it's got a different SN, and it's giving me "burn-off" smells.

This last week was tough to be apart. I suppose I should grab a vapcap for the next time.

BigJr48 and invertedisdead like this.
  21. LabPong

That is exactly what I did.....Vapcap! Very happy with it.

I am also wondering about the heating smell. I hope the Air2 will be better in this regards.

BigJr48 likes this.
  22. debaserrrrr

debaserrrrr Well-Known Member

I think the smell / requirement for burn offs is because of residue from the fabrication process. As far as I know this is for all vapes, not just Airs.

BigJr48 and OF like this.
  23. OF

OF Well-Known Member

That's not what I was talking about. This is an older unit, that developed this, right? I assumed it didn't smell the same way when new, could be wrong?

FWIW I think many vapes 'come clean' and don't benefit from burn offs. No harm, of course, folks should do as they see best. People get excited about 'mystery vapors' (fear of the unknown is one of the few honest genetic fears we have, fear of loud noises and falling are on that list?), especially if there are Silicon rubber parts it seems. Even though such parts, when made with 'food grade' catalysts (more expensive, Platinum based IIRC) there is verifiable health risk involved. Nor is there a real end to such outgassing. NASA did some work early on and decided even in vacuum such gas evolves at lower and lower rates until it quietly slips below detection. More sensitive gear lets you start again.

Guys have advised each other on using a strong flashlight in a dark room at just the right angle in still air.........

And it varies unit to unit in the same model. I bought several FMs a while back, some came with stuff in the ceramic to cook out, some didn't.

And there's the whole matter of sensitivity. IIRC 'normal' peoples sensitivity to common smells varies over a thousand to one as you go from citizen to citizen for most smells. The old joke about 'probably can't smell himself' can in fact be true.

A true slippery slope deal IMO. It's good to be concerned about the unknown, but verifying the threat is probably good before you reject gear otherwise suitable?

OF

24. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

This is for anyone who likes the shorter all glass stems.

For $7.75 you can get a short high flow mouthpiece from PIU.

Also available is a stem with integrated water filtration for $15.

lookhigh, BigJr48 and OF like this.
  25. metaknight

I was thinking about getting one of their long black stems.

BigJr48 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors