1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arizer Air

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. I'm Ron Burgundy?

I'm Ron Burgundy? I love vape

Fuck Grasscity

Like others have said Puffitup is where I ordered it from.

FYI: the piece works well but near impossible to keep clean.
    I stopped using it after the first day.
    I wouldn't recommend it.

2. metaknight

metaknight I dab. A lot.

I've had my Air since February, I'm loving it! I just picked up the Solo II so it might be benched, but it'll still have its uses :nod:

I bought mine from Aromatek.

Cheesequake likes this.
  3. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Sorry to put words in your mouth, the @PuffItUp is the least expensive. they do not feel "cheap"

Don't want someone spending more $ because the one from @PuffItUp is top notch and feels "right" for so many of us.

KidFated., OF and RUDE BOY like this.
  4. metaknight

metaknight I dab. A lot.

I never said that the glass was cheap. :cool:

I meant cheap as the lowest costing item available. I'm sure the glass is just as thick.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Cheesequake and KidFated. like this.
  5. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

A clean stem and screen, some nice buds that I keep hidden from myself for days like today. A real treat..

6. Faolan

Faolan Active Member

it seems like a stem lasts forever when pulling it out between hits. I get ~15 minutes with half of a stem!
    I love my air

sickmanfraud likes this.
  7. bluenavey00

bluenavey00 Arizer Air Aficionado

I've been having an issue recently with my Air. Sometimes it just won't turn on. No lights, beep or anything.

If I plug it into power even for a second, this will then allow me to turn it on when it's unplugged.

I have two batteries and seems to happen for both so don't think it's a battery issue. However, they are coming up to 3 years old, and although they have mainly been used at the weekend only, it's still a long time.

I know some peoples spring compressed so it wasn't making a contact, I've stretched mine out a little to ensure a good contact.

Has anyone else had this?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Cheesequake likes this.
  8. Faolan

Faolan Active Member

It sounds like the power button isn't getting a good contact. Can you turn it off when it is on?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    OF likes this.
  9. KidFated.

I've recently been running into m spring not making good contact. But a little tlc and some FC info seems to have fixed it, at least for the past few days..

OF likes this.
  10. bluenavey00

How do people find the PANASONIC NCR18650B (3400MAH/6.4A) batteries in the Air?

I have sold my Air to a friend, and after 3 years the Arizer batteries are fried.

They are priced at £15 in the UK. A price he isn't so willing to pay, and more than 3 times the price of a legit Panasonic cell.

Experience would be appreciated. :)

11. Coal Cracker

Coal Cracker Member

https://www.imrbatteries.com/panasonic-ncr18650b-18650-3400mah-4-8a-flat-top-battery/

12. bluenavey00

Thanks, I advised him to pick a couple up, and he did however the Air is now not working. :(

I mentioned a few posts ago I was having issues with it.

Sometimes holding down the power button does nothing, you can take the battery in, replace it with another which is known to be good and nothing. The only way to get it to turn on is to plug it into power to "shock" it into life. Once you unplug it then the Air will be fine with the battery.

I think this happens 1/10 times, and it's very frustrating. I have checked both the contacts and they seem to be fine. And this is proven because once you plug/unplug it's fine.

Someone mentioned above maybe the buttons are faulty, even if you press them as hard as you can it still wont make it work.

I might try to take the air apart to see if I can see anything inside. Not much to loose at this point.

The only option is to keep it at home as a backup vape, because you never know when you might need to plug it into power just to get it to turn on.

Bit of a shame as I raved about this vapes reliability, it didn't let me down once in 3 years, until now.... :(

OF likes this.
  13. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Interesting problem (though frustrating on your end....), but I don't think the statement above is accurate? That is there's something else going on. The charger just doesn't provide enough power to run the unit, it can't substitute on it's own. Hard to say what might cause this. Since such devices really never shut off (since they have to keep 'watching' for key presses), that part can get fouled up? It gets 'lost' and forgets to look for key presses? In which case the interrupt from the charge port might be the key? It shouldn't happen, but can be 'fixed' when it does that way? Power up reset (battery change with enough button presses and time to completely stop the processor, should force a new boot up that would clear the fault?

Like I said, interesting.

However, I don't think the second statement is true. You've got another (IMO excellent) option, one of those USB 'Power Banks' guys use to recharge cell phones when they're not paying attention and get 'caught flat'? It shouldn't need a very high capacity since you're not recharging? A small/cheap one could save the day. No need to leave a good friend like Air home because of an occasional disagreement........

https://www.amazon.com/Aibocn-Exter...qid=1513185980&sr=8-6&keywords=usb+power+bank
    This one's ten bucks? I wouldn't trust the claims on capacity, but that's not an issue?

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerC...qid=1513185980&sr=8-8&keywords=usb+power+bank
    I've got one of these and can recommend it based on that experience. I use it with vapes like some of the FMs that have no meter in case I lose count. I'm not exactly sure where it is right now, I packed it away with a FM I can't find (pick up a pattern?) and some herb I stashed 'someplace safe'.......

Handy gadgets, I should probably order another.

Regards,

OF

SloJimFizz likes this.
  14. Faolan

Faolan Active Member

Got a mighty recently. I'd say the 2017 air I have hold it's own in vapor quality. Both are nice

OF likes this.
  15. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

I like my Air 1.5 better than my Air 2. I get denser vapor and the Air2 actually is too free flowing for me with less vapor production. If the Air2 could produce the same amount/denseness of vapor with that little draw resistance....I would like the 2 better.

I am actually thinking about selling the 2 now even though I luv the digital readout and ease of settings. But performance is not as good for me compared to the 1.5.

1.5 refers to first gen Air with the larger oven holes....I believe they came out in spring of 16?

Cheesequake, Faolan and OF like this.
  16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, how does battery life compare?

TIA

OF

17. Faolan

Faolan Active Member

It's probably 2x longer on the mighty. I pack in ~.1 like the air.

OF likes this.
  18. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Moved this out of the ArGo thread to keep things on topic. I'm also currently using a LG HG2 in my Air. That was the only thing I could think of trying was a different cell. Maybe I will make a little video and post it here to demonstrate if my Air is operating normally. I find I can puff on the same stem for 20 minutes, even on some of the higher settings, and still not finish the load. I could see some view that as extremely efficient, but I view it as the opposite, as I find the flavor goes south and roasty before I can really extract much of the cannabinoids and other goodies, so I end up wasting herb in the device. When I take the ABV to my Flowerpot it milks the tube as if it's a fresh load.

Vaponly likes this.
  19. LabPong

Inverted, I can get my ABV fairly dark and super even with maybe just 1 stir during a 6-10 draw session. Are you getting some green or normal flower color still there after 6-10 draws?

Also, I only use a gong and go through water. So I can not give you any opinions about using the Air with a direct draw stem, but I would not think the results are much different with the load and extraction process.

invertedisdead likes this.
  20. KidFated.

@invertedisdead you need a battery or something.. my air will milk a tube and cash a load in a session.. I can get a partial second session if I over pack. Solid brown abv

21. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

What temp setting would you use for that usage scenario? I can get more even ABV with lower settings but then it never finishes a stem before I get bored of it. I do find I get better performance through water - I feel because I can take longer, slower, draws; which seems beneficial to the Arizer heater functionality. I've never owned the GonG though, I just use the stock stems which seal decently, though the draw is very restricted.

Interesting, what temp setting do you typically use? I'm gonna make a little video but I'm not sure what setting to use for the best demonstration. I'm thinking maybe I should use green since that's right in the middle.

KidFated. and Alexis like this.
  22. LabPong

I always start on the white/purple setting (there is no such color as white with the led)....then sometimes towards the end I will go to green.....so not that hot to get what I want/need.

23. KidFated.

I literally alternate every temp depending on my current needs.. but green should leave you with brown depleted abv..

Vaponly, RUDE BOY, jpdnkstr and 2 others like this.
  24. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Active Member

I succesfully attached a whip to my arizer air glass piece. I simply dampend the glas end used a bit of elbow grease and fit it in. It definitley adds another experience to my arizer air.

I also used the glass on glass attachments to use with my bong. They have it in 14mm or 19 mm at the arizer website or Toronto Hemp Company.

Vaponly, jpdnkstr and RUDE BOY like this.
  25. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Active Member

How do you take your arizer draw. I find I take it all into my lungs. Wait a few seconds and the let go. Anyone draw differently than myself. My other question is that I do not go past green in temperature settings. I usually stay in the white zone. I find if I go green and anything higher I start coughing. How do you take your draws and what temperature do you have it on?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors