1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arizer Air

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. cannagrandma

cannagrandma Member

I got my air this week! I really really want to love it.

I was wondering if condensation is common. I have a flowermate mini pro and never had an issue with moist material. The first time I used my air, there was so much condensation that it was bubbling. My material ended up soaking wet. I promptly removed the stem and used another strain which is dryer and got some pretty good results, however there is still condensation in the stem.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

SloJimFizz likes this.
  2. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Sounds like wet herbs, are your flowers dried properly granny? You might try leaving some of the higher moisture material out to crisp up a bit.

RUDE BOY and SloJimFizz like this.
  3. cannagrandma

cannagrandma Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did leave it out to dry out. I'm getting good vapor, but still have a small amount of condensation in my stem. Just wanted to make sure it was normal.

4. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

I usually get fogged up on the first hit or two when it's a cleaner stem, but if it's as bad as you say it is, it sounds like a bud problem..

5. cannagrandma

cannagrandma Member

Thanks. I had some dryer material and got some amazing clouds. I was just a little concerned about the moister. But if it's normal with a clean stem, I am fine with that. I will just have to work on getting it dirty :D

6. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yes, it's normal, and has been discussed several times. The moisture condenses easily on cool glass, and as KF so correctly points out, a squeaky clean stem tends to do it less. And in any event as the hot air passes warming the glass much/most disappears.

You want it well cured (dry), don't waste valuable heat making water vapor rather than the kind we really want. And enjoy the Air, solid product almost certainly working as it should.

OF

7. cannagrandma

cannagrandma Member

Thanks so much!!! That makes lots of sense. I guess I need to take an afternoon and really read this thread :)

OF likes this.
  8. olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn Well-Known Member

For arizer air 2, if they do not include a microUSB or similar port I probably wont upgrade. I dislike whoever put that port on this vape, very annoying.

EDIT: I did not know it was already out and has a microUSB port!!!! YES! Glad there was a solution using modified cords from ebay, but having a standardized port is better IMO

jpdnkstr and OF like this.
  9. Greydog

Greydog Member

If one were to eat the vaped product afterword, wouldn't one be absorbing all 50mg eventually?

OF likes this.
  10. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Interesting question. 'All' is probably not possible, but 'most' would be?

However, the small amount you'd get from digestion would enter the blood later on, after the aspired vapor. In fact most would come as THC was being stripped from sensors and would only slow that a bit? I doubt you'd notice?

Interesting question. Hard data on uptake seems not easy to find. It seems that a huge factor not often discussed is particle size in vapor. Make it too small (sub micron) and they basically get exhaled, failing to attach. A few microns is ideal and will go deep into lungs and remain between breaths for increased uptake. Larger still (like 10 micron and up IIRC) and it's less likely to make it far enough to reach the lungs. That which lands on the throat, sinuses and so on never really gets absorbed. Or so I'm told. Noah (one of the Principles at TV) was big on this idea, he claimed that was part of the success of Revolution/DART and the EO carts. The designs favored the right size particles for effective uptake.

That same advantage was produced in T1 and Cera herb carts (also Evolution to perhaps a lesser degree) by using uniform 'overheated' air to do the work by true convection. Having a surplus of heat at the surface where the vapor forms keeps the particles from recombining as much as they normally would......or so was the claim. Still I think the particle size issue is real, it shows up in other places like 'Black Lung Disease' for instance.

OF

OF

11. metaknight

metaknight Well-Known Member

I concur, I love that they changed to the micro USB port. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me since I carry around my charger everywhere, but it's a nice upgrade. :D My Air II is on its way. I plan on giving my OG Air to a friend in need.

12. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

I know one thing you can get very medicated on abv.
    Put in a capsule and swallow.
    Careful..... is still potent stuff.

OF likes this.
  13. I'm Ron Burgundy?

I'm Ron Burgundy? I love vape

[​IMG]
    This came in the mail today.
    Wowzers
    This is a great addition, highly recommend it. You can really take some deep rips with this.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    lookhigh, OF and RUDE BOY like this.
  14. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

That GrassCity pic isn't showing for me, Ron. Therefore,
    [​IMG]

:peace:

lookhigh, OF and I'm Ron Burgundy? like this.
  15. I'm Ron Burgundy?

Ha!
    Look now :razz:

OF and Stu like this.
  16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

So RB hacked GrassCity? You hear the strangest rumors around here.......

Anyway, yup, it's a nifty little bubbler all right. For those that don't know them, this class has traps built in so they don't leak. Kinda magic, really. Very easy to use, effective and fifteen bucks from our bud Randy at PIU. You should order one just for a fun change of pace?

Time maybe to share how I've been cleaning mine. While PBW was doing a fine job it was kind of a bother as a routine thing. So now I use short piece of Silicone tube to connect to a small funnel (current one is about 3 inches on the big end). Then the lot goes 'head down' into the silverware rack in the dishwasher. One the end, so some of the water splashing around and draining down the corner (turbulent area) ends up filling the funnel.....which of course drains hot detergent through the bubbler by our old friend, Gravity. Even on the short cycle my machine gives a 20 minute flush with heated detergent. Does a fine job even badly fouled.

Perhaps not the best thing to do around the wife.....your call there. I see no difference with other residues in the wash but this is kitchen stuff, following sometimes unknown rules with serious downside potential.

Anyway, 'works a treat'. I usually grab it at the end of the wash cycle and rinse it manually, the machine can leave suds in the trap. Very easy to rinse it under the tap. Running a modest stream from the tap into the top at about a 45 degree angle gives you a fun little stream out the bottom of the upper trap into the center area. A couple of shakes and a couple of rolls flushes everything out and fills it up. I then invert it (nose down) and blow as much water as possible out though the upper trap for my 'ideal' water load (which will evaporate slowly in use).

I bought another one with the idea of rotating them so I could have a fresh stem once a day if the urge struck. But this is so fast and easy I haven't got to it. It has modified my usual habit of dumping and reloading after use (since washing a fresh load seems a bit of a waste somehow.....not that I've tried it, just a guess.....). Not quite there yet, but getting close.

That, quick fouling and hard cleaning, is a 'design feature' that comes with the dog as they say. That is it does a lot of work with a tiny bit of water and needs a sealed chamber that defies brushes and such. My chief objection to the whole thing, it fouls fast and is hard to keep clean? Mister Dishwasher has made that much better with a bit of tube and a two dollar plastic funnel.

Regards to all.

OF

17. I'm Ron Burgundy?

Thanks for the info
    I can see already it will need to be cleaned often.

I'm surprised it works as well as it does.
    I will say the flavor is better with the stock stem but that's to be expected with water filtration/longer air path.
    Overall though it adds a another dimension to the Air experience.

It's hard to get the water all the way out. I'll experiment with the angle.

lookhigh and OF like this.
  18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

The only way I know is to rinse it with clean water and dry it with heat/airflow. The traps are pretty effective with liquid.

But there's no need to ever empty it? I wash it, rinse and fill to the mark. If it's low, I'll add a few drops to top it up or rinse it clean and start from the mark again.

As you say, 'adds a another dimension to the Air experience' for not many bucks.

OF

lookhigh and I'm Ron Burgundy? like this.
  19. debaserrrrr

debaserrrrr Well-Known Member

Well, my Air seems to be breaking again...

The same exact issue that I had before. New Air lasted 4 months, replacement almost 2 months before issues.

Maybe I will just get it RMA'd, sell that, and then buy a solo or something. This is a huge bummer. I thought the Air was the perfect unit for me...but it can't stay healthy / working.

I almost want to just tear it open to find the problem area (thinking heat sensor), and fix it myself. Being without a vape for a week or two is pretty annoying.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  20. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

Best not to go near the innards and mess up your warranty. You need serious skills to repair this puppy.
    Why not get a cheap backup?

21. metaknight

Well I have my OG Air back in my hands, my friend didn't seem to like it all that much for tobacco use. :shrug: They tried.

Will probably keep my Air II in my car and have my OG Air for at-home use, when I'm not using my M of course :D

22. Pipiemcpipe

Pipiemcpipe New Member

I can't find this on grass city. Do you have a link or a name for the piece

OF likes this.
  23. OF

OF Well-Known Member

RUDE BOY likes this.
  24. metaknight

Puffitup has one.

Planetvape also has one.

SneakyPete also has one.