Khantagious

After a few years of use as my secondary (portable) device, the little cap has broken off of my Air. Is this a replaceable part, or do people just find some alternative, or just go without it?

OF

After a few years of use as my secondary (portable) device, the little cap has broken off of my Air. Is this a replaceable part, or do people just find some alternative, or just go without it?

Yes, you can easily replace it (if you can get one from somewhere). The stud that goes through the cover has a barb on it. Insert the first part from above, then reach inside with hemostats or needle nose pliers and yank the barb through.

I pulled mine, unlike Solo (which I also pull....) the cap is always sticking out when the stem is in (bigger than the rim on the top) anyway.

Your call, but if it were mine I'd count it a useful modification and load up a stem.

OF

Khantagious

Yes, you can easily replace it (if you can get one from somewhere). The stud that goes through the cover has a barb on it. Insert the first part from above, then reach inside with hemostats or needle nose pliers and yank the barb through.

I pulled mine, unlike Solo (which I also pull....) the cap is always sticking out when the stem is in (bigger than the rim on the top) anyway.

Your call, but if it were mine I'd count it a useful modification and load up a stem.

OF

Thanks, I wrote to Arizer to inquire about a replacement (I'm out of warranty, but I'd be willing to buy one for a few $$).

So you have been using your Air without the cap all along? How do you make sure nothing untoward makes it's way into the oven? I just toss mine in my bag or coat pocket, so I feel like it would pick up at least lots of dust and grime, if not perhaps something worse.

OF

So you have been using your Air without the cap all along? How do you make sure nothing untoward makes it's way into the oven? I just toss mine in my bag or coat pocket, so I feel like it would pick up at least lots of dust and grime, if not perhaps something worse.

Yep, and all the Solos except the one I loan out. Easy enough to look and blow out the spiders and stuff. I've even been known to wipe it out when nobody's looking. With a paper towel or brush. Not a big deal at all, I'd still be looking first if the cap was there since ABV can hide in the vents and corners.

OF

I know this topic has been covered here but how do you guys clean the oven?

I’ve literally never cleaned it in 3 yrs :uhoh:

I think I remember reading q-tips soaked in Iso and just kind of scrub it?

Also if that is how to do it, do you need a burn off as well?

Last edited:

OF

I think I remember reading q-tips soaked in Iso and just kind of scrub it?

Also if that is how to do it, do you need a burn off as well?

I'd avoid "soaked in ISO", you really don't want any dirty solvent finding it's way down a vent...... 'Just damp' with care and the oven inverted would be the way I'd go if I was inclined. Some guys use 'Magic Eraser' for this, but again, caution to the debris. You can blow into the bowl with the cover off and hopefully expel any that gets past you out the bottom, but the solvent is likely to evaporate and leave the contamination wherever that happens.

Yes, I'd do a burn off or two. Why not? Chicken Soup: Can't hurt, might help.

OF

I'd avoid "soaked in ISO", you really don't want any dirty solvent finding it's way down a vent...... 'Just damp' with care and the oven inverted would be the way I'd go if I was inclined. Some guys use 'Magic Eraser' for this, but again, caution to the debris. You can blow into the bowl with the cover off and hopefully expel any that gets past you out the bottom, but the solvent is likely to evaporate and leave the contamination wherever that happens.

Yes, I'd do a burn off or two. Why not? Chicken Soup: Can't hurt, might help.

OF
Thanks for the info OF.
That's been my concern...I don't want any residue or material falling down in the vent.
I'm still super sketch about cleaning it with ISO. But maybe I'll try it out this weekend.
i wonder what Arizer recommends?

sapetoku

First post here, long time lurker yadda yadda. Howdy!

I decided to fuck combustion last winter and ordered an Arizer Air on sale after watching countless video reviews and reading a lot of FC threads. The Air seemed like a good bang for the buck for my introduction to the world of electronic vaping. My previous experience with vaping was with a MFLB, which I never liked.

I love the Air. The vapour quality is excellent and plentiful once you know how to properly use it, it's easy to clean and the easily swapped battery is awesome. Get yourself a couple more batteries and a charger and you can vape pretty much indefinitely. I vape a lot of high CBD flowers and I can vape huge clouds at the lower temperature settings (blue-white-green) for maximum CBD extraction.

I mostly use the long curved stem and the tipped ones (they're great for accumulating reclaim). The curved one cools the vapour nicely and is very comfortable to use.

Now, the things I dislike are the shitty portability with the apparent glass stem and an inconvenient form factor. It's okay at home and for traveling but not exactly inconspicuous in the street. The batteries last about 4 sessions for me, or about 30-35 minutes of vaping total.

My unit developed a strange fault after a few months (it would shut down at the slightest tap on a precise spot on at the bottom) and Arizer, luckily not far from where I live, swapped the unit in a couple of days, dropping a pair of extra tipped stems, which was nice. Great service and the new unit works flawlessly.

Now, I want more. I wish I'd gotten a Solo or Solo 2 for home use, for the extended battery life. Having to swap and charge batteries gets tedious. But since I have it, I'm considering an ArGO for portability (and longer battery life too) or a Fierce (hard to get).

Rave88

Hey guys! havent been here in a long time and I miss you guys! I am currently in the process of moving countries into the EU with my Arizer, and would appreciate your help with some minor things.

I tried researching this forums, also Reddit and google but I am completely swamped with too much information. So far the most adviced charger is a
Nitecore D2 smart battery Charger with LCD display For Li-ion, IMR, LiFePO4 26650 22650 18650 17670 18490 17500 18350 16340 RCR123 14500 10440 Ni-MH And Ni-Cd AA AAA AAAA C Rechargeable Batteries

I am taking only my Arizer Air I with me on the plane, with no batteries or chargers as I live in a very no no place to have anything remotely suspicious with me, and I fear that a vaporizer with li-ion bateries is too much of a risk.

so I want to order some batteries for my Arizer Air along with a charger and some glass pipe heads, and so far I found that the batteries for the Arizer are 18650 internal rechargeable li-ion battery.

I tried searching this thread but with over 407 pages its so long and I wont finish this enitreliy before my flight, so please guys if you can help me with your recommendations for the best cheap and reliable batteries, charger and glass heads via Amazon so ship to Holland? I would be in your debt for life!

Its because of this awesome community that I have bought my Arizer Air, so I hope you can help me find the correct one as I am scared to buy wrong batteries or chargers and end up messing my vape and losing my warranty.

Please, anyone out there to help a fellow soon to be European vaper :)

CalyxSmokr

I am curious what the best time to recharge batteries is. As in what color light do you decide to recharge a cell. I have 4 cells now and want to make sure I get the most out of them. It seems like they should not be topped off unless using right away - that is a tough one - much easier to just plug it in.
Is it OK to start a session on a red light? Or is that running it too low? I don't want to run them too low but where is a good place to recharge to keep the most potential in you battery? Like I am sure it is wrong to do one session and then charge back up. Don't have my charger with graphics most of the time but going by light mostly

sapetoku

Red means the battery is at its minimum and it'll take much longer to warm up and inflicts a full discharge on the battery (not good with Li-ion). For me, starting a session in orange battery indicator means it's the last sesh before popping a fresh battery (I have 3 and an external charger).

2hrs

I was considering picking up an air II just for the heck of it. I was reading through the specs and searched around a bit, but its hard to search for battery names, but I have a crap ton of LG H2 flat tops. I read something about arizer saying to only use some specific battery... is this true? one of the appeals is swappable batteries because I have so many, but then i see something say only use one type of panasonic battery??? si this true?

edit: lol finding some battery talk one page back. but has anyone used LG h2's in the air II specifically I can't search less than 3 characters.

Last edited:

OF

edit: lol finding some battery talk one page back. but has anyone used LG h2's in the air II specifically I can't search less than 3 characters.

No doubt. Folks will do most anything? That doesn't change the fact the only recommended/approved cell is the Panasonic NCR18650B. Same as used in Solo II and ArGo........

That cell will give maximum charge life in this application. I get it you have a pile of otherwise good LGs you'd like to use (although they're lower capacity, about 2/3 (2500 against 3400 mAh) due to their 'trade off' ability to supply 20Amps we can't use). Safety issues aside.

So you'd need two spare HE2s to cover what the factory cell and a similar backup would deliver. Carry two spares or one?

But how many replacements do you really need? For most of us one, or two at most, covers the need? For ten bucks or so you can get the 'right' unit??

Your call. For myself, I have gone the NCR18650B route. And recommend doing so if possible.

OF

aoaiwof

but has anyone used LG h2's in the air II specifically I can't search less than 3 characters.

not yet but i just got an lg hg2 and a samsung 30q for my iheat on the way. i got an extra ncr18650b (stock batt) for air ii and that works. i'll try the LG and update you. :)

so tonight i took my air ii out to the pub for the first time since getting it at the start of the year. at first i was super paranoid it was gonna be unusable in that environment, but i prepacked two stems and it worked really well, passed the vape around and people enjoyed it, not too fiddly.

personally i like the interchangeable 18650 and smaller form factor of the air but appreciate the appeal of the solo.

humblesmurph

Hello all. Just stopping by to express gratitude for this simple and robust device. Never lets me down. I learned a lot about vapes reading these pages. The main thing I learned is that these things are have one job...heat weed. This does it effectively while being dependable and easy to clean. If you can get your hands on a second hand Air for cheap, pick it up. Best. Backup. Vape. Ever. I use it everyday. A lot.

LabPong

Hello all. Just stopping by to express gratitude for this simple and robust device. Never lets me down. I learned a lot about vapes reading these pages. The main thing I learned is that these things are have one job...heat weed. This does it effectively while being dependable and easy to clean. If you can get your hands on a second hand Air for cheap, pick it up. Best. Backup. Vape. Ever. I use it everyday. A lot.

Yea....these Air 1 Air 1.5's (has larger oven holes) are the most trusty vapes I have....solid build and consistent use always make me happy.

Though I have an Air2 as well.....I like the slightly harder draw resistance of the Air1 because it works better to get stronger vapor quicker. The Air2 has less draw resistance and usually it means your taking in more lung air time to get the same amount. So It depends on what water rig I am using for which Air I choose.

But even though there is that slight difference in the Air versions....I am more than happy with both.

Top Bottom