• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

lovecrush

http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ
How I'm enjoying my air these days:

2be39da3c4186e2a1251ebc1aa3098f9.png

Coal Cracker

Does the water tools lessen the effect or flavor of the medicine? Is the amount of thc & cannabinoids absorbed, the same as when vaped dry?

Coal Cracker,
Reactions: OF

OF

Does the water tools lessen the effect or flavor of the medicine? Is the amount of thc & cannabinoids absorbed, the same as when vaped dry?

You asked two questions (at least I think you did):

Does a WT change (lessen) the effect?
Does a WT change the taste?

The answers are, I think, no and yes respectively. At least in the general sense.

The more the vapor contacts the water (more fine bubbles rather than a few big ones) more of the 'light stuff' that gives taste is removed. THC and the other stuff we need for MMJ are not effected to a practical degree (don't drink the water.......).

Vapor is also cooled and moisture is added, both can be very important factors. Either of them alone improves the experience without effecting the drug content. Combined the effect can be large.

It's not a simple thing, the changes vary, you really need to experiment and find what suits you.

Regards,

OF

biohacker

Now we need the Air 2!

Some people over on reddit are speculating that the one promo vid may actually be referring to the Air 2.

@Coal Cracker as for water, @OF summed it up well, but i'd also add that in addition to moisture and cooling, water also filters well. I pretty much exclusively use water tools, I can handle much bigger hits and it feels way better for me, but I will admit that it can rob potency and flavour.

OF

@Coal Cracker as for water, @OF summed it up well, but i'd also add that in addition to moisture and cooling, water also filters well. I pretty much exclusively use water tools, I can handle much bigger hits and it feels way better for me, but I will admit that it can rob potency and flavour.

I agree with combustion there's stuff to 'filter out' (one of the reasons bong water has the reputation for being foul?), but not so much with vapor?

And I don't believe water removes THC any more than water removes it from bubble hash or bud you're washing for taste/smell reasons. THC just doesn't dissolve in water, it won't get trapped. If it did, you could get off drinking the water from your bubbler, right? The water won't have destroyed the THC (like too much heat can) it would be there waiting for you?

In the end I think the best plan is for each guy to check it out personally? It can make it easier to get fat hits for sure.

Regards to all.

OF

biohacker

There can still be lots of stuff to filter out in terms of particulate IMO. It all depends on the vape and grind, for people that grind fine, it can make a huge difference. My supreme produces globules of vapour boogers in my water/glass...that is pure oil getting trapped. There are threads about it, and I believe the consensus is that it does rob actives, however this is mitigated by being able to take much larger hits.

There is more than THC to the cannabis plant as you know...terpenes are hugely responsible for this "entourage effect" as well as all the other cannabinoids. I literally can see oil films IN my water even after just one use. Something is being trapped, and it's not just the bad stuff.

Exactly...whatever works for you.....and variety is nice, but dry hits are something I just barely rarely do since I can't hit the temps I need comfortably.

I prefer warm water. I also feel it doesn't condense and trap goodies as readily as cold.

And yeah, the bong still stinks foul! But nothing like combustion. The WORST is the smell in the bong from enail extract use. Rivals or worse than combustion smell IMO.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
There can still be lots of stuff to filter out in terms of particulate IMO. It all depends on the vape and grind, for people that grind fine, it can make a huge difference. My supreme produces globules of vapour boogers in my water/glass...that is pure oil getting trapped. There are threads about it, and I believe the consensus is that it does rob actives, however this is mitigated by being able to take much larger hits.

There is more than THC to the cannabis plant as you know...terpenes are hugely responsible for this "entourage effect" as well as all the other cannabinoids. I literally can see oil films IN my water even after just one use. Something is being trapped, and it's not just the bad stuff.

Exactly...whatever works for you.....and variety is nice, but dry hits are something I just barely rarely do since I can't hit the temps I need comfortably.

I prefer warm water. I also feel it doesn't condense and trap goodies as readily as cold.

And yeah, the bong still stinks foul! But nothing like combustion. The WORST is the smell in the bong from enail extract use. Rivals or worse than combustion smell IMO.
I drink my incycler water after every use. Just like a weed/water shooter:tup:

Edit: then eat the abv:science:

biohacker

Ah man, you lost me at the edit! lol ABV is the most VILE disgusting substance ever! I made some ABV edibles one time, without a cheesecloth, just used a sieve....OMG.... I literally was throwing up and gagging...however I pretty much needed 911 after that. Bad news lol

So how does the weed/water shooter taste? lol! I can't imagine very good....and do you notice any extra effects more importantly?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Ah man, you lost me at the edit! lol ABV is the most VILE disgusting substance ever! I made some ABV edibles one time, without a cheesecloth, just used a sieve....OMG.... I literally was throwing up and gagging...however I pretty much needed 911 after that. Bad news lol

So how does the weed/water shooter taste? lol! I can't imagine very good....and do you notice any extra effects more importantly?
I just don't like to waste:D. Abv is like burnt popcorn kernals mmmm. And the water tastes like shit but I just assume there's some active shit in there:shrug:

rz

:worms:

OK guys, the cat is out of the bag. I really wanted to offer you guys a pre-fabbed silicone cup and some relevant parts, but now you're all going to have to scramble to find some paper coffee cups, old server fans, and baking bags! GO GO GO!! :rockon:

I was hoping to debut my findings in a much better way, but due to a lack of time and a different project that's on my desk right now, my porta-bag filler has taken a back seat. I've experimented a lot with force feeding air through the Arizer Air's intake ducts. I encased the air intake area only, so I didn't use a jar for the whole thing. This prevents air flowing through other parts of the vape, like battery compartment etc. I then attached a bag to the stem, and voila, porta-bag filler. it works GREAT with the right fan, and I tried many different ones.

The Arizer Air has a bit of draw resistance, so overcoming the static pressure is more important than high air-flow, and I found that centrifugal fans work best. The one I settled on for size/performance is the Delta BFB0512HH. I tried many smaller ones but didn't get a great fill-rate. This fan filled a bag, about one cubic foot (rough estimation), which is a good quantity for the amount of material used, in about 2~3 minutes, which works great with the Arizer Air's heating capacity (too much airflow, and the unit cant keep the heat at its setting).

As for 'small' axial fans, they just didn't cut it. However, a counter-rotating 40mm fan pulled from an old server worked perfectly! (after cleaning it up). I can't recall the exact model since I lent it out, but can find out for you later if you're interested. It's a 40x40xsomething, like one of these.

As for power, I tried some of the 5v fans but couldn't get enough oomph from the small ones available. I used one of these USB to 12v boost converters, and hooked it up to a portable usb charger.

I planned to make a little silicone cup for the cause, and have already got some drawings made out by a friend, but haven't gotten to it (If anyone makes one, please send me one:) If anyone plans on banking on it, I'd love to be part of the design process, or at-least buy me some cool stuff :brow: ). Another idea I need to test out since I finally found the silicone sleeve it comes with, is to use the sleeve somehow :D Anyway, I hope this helps. Here's a pic of an early prototype:

P.S YES! This is really such a simple mod to DIY. I used a powerful little fan (first one pulled from an old server), 2 paper coffee cups with some holes cut out, a balloon, a roasting bag, and elastic band. Thats about the minimum needed, and can easily be improved on with some imagination.

24QZD2n.jpg

If anyone has the time and skills to get silicone molds made, I've got some sketches somewhere. LMK and I'll be glad to help move this along.. in the meantime, happy modding :D

P.S: General disclaimer. Do this at your own risk. I have no idea how it'll affect your warranty. I've got no concern for warranties in the name of science, and so far my AA is still working perfectly. YMMV.

rz,

OF

If anyone has the time and skills to get silicone molds made, I've got some sketches somewhere. LMK and I'll be glad to help move this along.. in the meantime, happy modding :D

I'd suggest sending a PM to either @Pipes or @Ratchett. Either easily has the skills and other resources for this project.......time is perhaps another matter but is perhaps negotiable?

Fun idea, it seems to work well at least sometimes. Some vapes leak air out places like charging ports and safety vents when you try to put positive pressure on the outside, which you can power through of course. Or put the whole vape 'in the bag (tube or jar) like I ended up doing.

Good luck with it.

OF

OF,

HSIHP

Last weekend my Air was stolen out of my backpack at a music festival along with an extra battery and my favorite ed's shorty stem. Such a sad week being without and rather than possibly picking up a new vape this 4/20 I will most likely be replacing what is still my favorite portable.

The jerks also made off with my magic flight ( but left the batteries?!?) and a pen with a few carts but I find myself missing my Air the most. Luckily I still have my Solo to hold me over but it being an older model, it's just not the same. :huh:

Anyway, just wanted to vent and to tell you guys to savor your next session with her. She will be missed...

Randy Lahey

Really disenchanted with my FF2. Tried my buddies Air and its awesome. I want one I think but 2 concerns:
(a) does anyone know how close they are to releasing the AA2 or the AS2?
(b) how do you all keep the glass mouthpiece clean of resin? Is it hard?

Thanks

Randy Lahey,
Top Bottom