• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

disruptxd

Yeah, that's a lot worse than mine for sure. I'd just heat it on red, invert, and clean with a q-tip in iso.

Curious, how long have you been using yours? That's a fair bit of gunk
like... 3-4 months.

Thisis what happens when you fine grind.. and loose greens gets pressed into the chamber

disruptxd,

ander

Well, I don't know how the chamber is built since I don't have an Air... but with sealed chambers I had perfect results by scratching with baking soda and a wood stick. You'll have to work a bit, but no solvent do the same job. My experience, obviously... with Pax2, as new.

ander,

disruptxd

Well, I don't know how the chamber is built since I don't have an Air... but with sealed chambers I had perfect results by scratching with baking soda and a wood stick. You'll have to work a bit, but no solvent do the same job. My experience, obviously... with Pax2, as new.
please elaborate, baking soda... with water?

disruptxd,

disruptxd

no no, dry. Then you can clean with iso the remains... after some puffs.

no no, dry. Then you can clean with iso the remains... after some puffs.
http://imgur.com/a/M0eH7

here is how the chamber is upright. inverted would resemble the pax

so you coat the wooden stick with baking soda ?.. How is it effective?

Guilty as charged. But, hey it ain't my idea.....in fact there's a thread on the topic. A super detergent, engineered to deal with the exact gunk we have using all manner of available water. And it only takes a dash. You can get it at Amazon or local home brewing places.

Fun to watch attacking neglected bong fouling, blazing included. Almost magic. You don't get that with ISO. Can't reclaim, of course.

You really should get some and try........ Consider the suggestion my Valentine's gift to you, belated a bit perhaps, but sincere. It should not be a secret.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

OF

Hey,

So you made PBW with water solution and used a qtip to apply that into the heating chamber?

Last edited by a moderator:
disruptxd,
Reactions: OF

FUCKCOMBUSTION88

That is some gunk bro! As a new Air owner myself, and as a new FC member who has asked a lot of questions here since I've got it, what I'd do is warm it up as @TwistedGray mentioned, all of the color settings are warm, I'd try maybe an orange or green setting? Red being the hottest setting, I'd go with a setting or two below that personally if you're going to be applying a liquid to clean it, although I'm not sure it would make a difference what setting you use as long as it's warm. I'm not sure how you would have got it that dirty in the chamber in the first place using only herb unless you've used oils or waxes on occasion, I've only got my glass stem pieces a bit "oiled" up so far (I believe the term for vapor resin is honey?) and the chamber has remained clean on my Air but yeah just heat it up, dip the Q-tip or a cloth in some iso and give it a good scrub. Not much else that you could do, that I can think of at the moment anyway. Use a toothpick or something similar, (preferably not metal to avoid scratches) to remove the bigger chunks at first and then do as suggested with the iso and it should come clean.. I finely grind all of my herb, but I make sure to vape it sideways for the first few hits so the herb stays solid and compact in the stem due to the heat/suction without falling out into the chamber.. after a session I've been turning the unit upside down and shaking it to remove any pieces of herb that may have fell into the chamber

Last edited:

ander

here is how the chamber is upright. inverted would resemble the pax
so you coat the wooden stick with baking soda ?.. How is it effective?
What I do with the pax is blocking the air path with paper. I half fill the oven with soda. I scratch for 10' with a broken skewer wooden stick. The result is a new oven.

Well I'm always surprised that no one knows how baking soda is effective with metals... mild abrasive, and disinfectant... simply perfect... good luck!

Last edited:
ander,

OF

Hey,

So you made PBW with water solution and used a qtip to apply that into the heating chamber?

No, don't do that. You're quoting a discussion of cleaning glassware out of context:
"attacking neglected bong fouling"

Important difference, WTs area wet inside already. You can't wash out the chamber with water...........

OF

disruptxd

That is some gunk bro! As a new Air owner myself, and as a new FC member who has asked a lot of questions here since I've got it, what I'd do is warm it up as @TwistedGray mentioned, all of the color settings are warm, I'd try maybe an orange or green setting? Red being the hottest setting, I'd go with a setting or two below that personally if you're going to be applying a liquid to clean it, although I'm not sure it would make a difference what setting you use as long as it's warm. I'm not sure how you would have got it that dirty in the chamber in the first place using only herb unless you've used oils or waxes on occasion, I've only got my glass stem pieces a bit "oiled" up so far (I believe the term for vapor resin is honey?) and the chamber has remained clean on my Air but yeah just heat it up, dip the Q-tip or a cloth in some iso and give it a good scrub. Not much else that you could do, that I can think of at the moment anyway. Use a toothpick or something similar, (preferably not metal to avoid scratches) to remove the bigger chunks at first and then do as suggested with the iso and it should come clean.. I finely grind all of my herb, but I make sure to vape it sideways for the first few hits so the herb stays solid and compact in the stem due to the heat/suction without falling out into the chamber.. after a session I've been turning the unit upside down and shaking it to remove any pieces of herb that may have fell into the chamber

No oils or concentrate, all dry herb.

I'm not sure what to do now.

As for baking soda, @ander it could get into the air flow holes in the heating chamber which I wouldn't want

disruptxd,

lookhigh

FC member
magic eraser, bamboo anything slightly abrasive. Elbow grease required.
Always hold upside down to prevent debris falling in.
Dremel if your careful.

lookhigh,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Mainoffender

exactly. Cut a piece of magic eraser use a toothpick or tweezers to move the eraser around.

I would do this while the oven is inverted to lessen the chance of plugging the holes with the magic eraser.
This really does work. Used it on my Air and Mighty ovens and both come out sparkling.

Mainoffender,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

abby

Hi
Just a followup from this old post of mine: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-384#post-1054690

I was complaining about the draw resistance of the arizer air and was wondering if I could buy a stem with reduced diameter to solve that problem.

Recently, i bought a few cheap 14mm gongs from a chinese ebay store, took 45 days to get here. In the batch of 10 gongs, the quality control was inconsistent. There was one gong that was particularly loose, almost half a millimeter short in diameter when compared to the normal stems. With this loose-fitting stem, the airflow was amazing, made me fall in love with the arizer air all over again.

When I compare any of these gongs to the stems/gongs I bought from arizer, you can clearly tell that arizer made stems are thicker and more restricted.

If you feel like your arizer air has restricted airflow, I suggest you roll the dice and buy a batch of gongs from china to see if you can get your hands on a loose fitting one, the difference in airflow makes the air much more useable on a bong.

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
I made the mistake of putting some oil into the Vape and didn't put anything else in. Can you say dirty? Had to use a screwdriver to clean it lol ISO didn't do a thing to it, toothpicks either.

disruptxd

I made the mistake of putting some oil into the Vape and didn't put anything else in. Can you say dirty? Had to use a screwdriver to clean it lol ISO didn't do a thing to it, toothpicks either.
pretty sure the gunk is a makeshift version of oil made from greens pressed at a high temp.

disruptxd,
Top Bottom