• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

olivianewtonjohn

I recently used a small brush I think it was from the magic lunch box or something and was surprised at how well it cleaned.....I like this better than using eraser or ISO as there's less of a chance of getting stuff in the oven that you dont like.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: OF

GetLeft

If you feel like your arizer air has restricted airflow,

Yeah It looks like Arizer may have hurt themselves in producing stems that are even more restrictive than the originals. I still have my original stems but find that I don't use them often because the competition is too good. I don't want to wait for a long-ish heat up only to be followed by a restricted draw... an even more restricted airflow with the stems I bought last November directly from Arizer. I never use the new tight-fitting ones. They simply don't work well. Time for Arizer to innovate.

GetLeft,

OF

I recently used a small brush I think it was from the magic lunch box or something and was surprised at how well it cleaned.....I like this better than using eraser or ISO as there's less of a chance of getting stuff in the oven that you dont like.

Another excellent point by the Lady. I too like brushes. Specifically (real) boar bristle ones. Very tough, being the outside of big pigs and all. Doesn't melt (you can carefully clean hot). Better by far than the factory MFLB brush IMO.

Standard stuff at big Arts supply places, they're generally off white and come cheap from China.

I cut the bristles off very short (like 1/8 inch) so they are very stiff, makes scrubbing better. I also have on cut at an angle for scrubbing into corners. And one 'sawed off' (shortened stem) to go with the MFLB traveling.......

OF

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
Hello,
I recently bought batteries from Amazon, they're LG brand.
Specs:
18650HE2
2500mAh
Nominal voltage: 3.6V
Cut off voltage: 2.5V
Continuous maximum charge current: 4A
Continuous maximum discharge current: 20A
Maximum discharge current: 35A

Curious if they are similar to the specs of the OEM batteries.

metaknight,

OF

This is what I was assuming, the charge is a bit different but the high discharge specs check out from what I've lurked on here.

That's basically a useless capacity with Air. It can use at most about four Amps, any more than that is a trade off of things you want (like more capacity) against ones you have no real use for (like an extra current you can never use).

A bit like a 800HP, 240MPH supercar with a 'little old lady' driving it on LA streets? The potential is there but is not being used.......

We've discussed this a lot. There's more in play than 'numbers' that many don't understand (although it's true 'good numbers sell'). For instance, it's a tight fit in there, I have many otherwise very useful 18650s that don't fit well or at all. Some too big in diameter, some too long.

Moreover the spring loaded pin is a weak point in the system, not having the exact length 18650 expected sure won't help here.

My advice remains to buy one of the factory 18650s (CentiZen confirmed a while back it was the absolute best choice available to Arizer at the time.......so guess what they went with?). They're cheap eanough (I paid about $10 for mine which I seldom use anyway). And one should be plenty for most guys. IMO this is not a good time to get cheap in a small way. It's chances you don't need to take.

Otherwise H2s (and H4s for that matter) are top notch kit, IMO Amazon is unlikely to be selling fakes, although I did catch 'em at just that a while back (some scammer of course, not them intentionally, but they sure pulled 'em fast).

OF

disruptxd

That's basically a useless capacity with Air. It can use at most about four Amps, any more than that is a trade off of things you want (like more capacity) against ones you have no real use for (like an extra current you can never use).

A bit like a 800HP, 240MPH supercar with a 'little old lady' driving it on LA streets? The potential is there but is not being used.......

We've discussed this a lot. There's more in play than 'numbers' that many don't understand (although it's true 'good numbers sell'). For instance, it's a tight fit in there, I have many otherwise very useful 18650s that don't fit well or at all. Some too big in diameter, some too long.

Moreover the spring loaded pin is a weak point in the system, not having the exact length 18650 expected sure won't help here.

My advice remains to buy one of the factory 18650s (CentiZen confirmed a while back it was the absolute best choice available to Arizer at the time.......so guess what they went with?). They're cheap eanough (I paid about $10 for mine which I seldom use anyway). And one should be plenty for most guys. IMO this is not a good time to get cheap in a small way. It's chances you don't need to take.

Otherwise H2s (and H4s for that matter) are top notch kit, IMO Amazon is unlikely to be selling fakes, although I did catch 'em at just that a while back (some scammer of course, not them intentionally, but they sure pulled 'em fast).

OF

Are you saying to not buy these?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JU7HTOE

Cause @OF i've copped them at the suggestion of many users T_T.. been using it for like 5 months. What's the risk? using an i2 intellicharger if that matters.

disruptxd,

OF

Yep, not a good call for this application IMO. Near ideal for high power e-cig mods that draw very high peak currents (not the lower, continuous kind like in Air) I think, but not so in Air. Poor set of compromises for us here. And it, like life, is compromises?

Again, H2s are good cells (although I think H4 out perform them usually FWIW) as are the 25R, VTC4 through VTC6, and many others and have earned their deserved reputation but the better/safer call for Air is the factory cell. And it preserves the Warranty. I have (and use) those an many more, but the factory 18650 in both my personal Air(s) and the one I loan out. IMO a 'no brainier' call. I'll save the judgment calls for strains to load, heat levels, draw speed and other important details.

Your call, but you asked for advice?

OF

disruptxd

Yep, not a good call for this application IMO. Near ideal for high power e-cig mods that draw very high peak currents (not the lower, continuous kind like in Air) I think, but not so in Air. Poor set of compromises for us here. And it, like life, is compromises?

Again, H2s are good cells (although I think H4 out perform them usually FWIW) as are the 25R, VTC4 through VTC6, and many others and have earned their deserved reputation but the better/safer call for Air is the factory cell. And it preserves the Warranty. I have (and use) those an many more, but the factory 18650 in both my personal Air(s) and the one I loan out. IMO a 'no brainier' call. I'll save the judgment calls for strains to load, heat levels, draw speed and other important details.

Your call, but you asked for advice?

OF

Advice taken. Have you seen any performance differences when using the factory arizer 18650s vs h2s

disruptxd,

OF

Advice taken. Have you seen any performance differences when using the factory arizer 18650s vs h2s

In the Air? Didn't I just tell you I only use the factory cells? That was the truth........ That being the case, how would I see any differences?

Since Air is 'closed loop' (that is regulated) there will be no change in temperature. And at most a trivial difference in heat up times. Charge life will change, perhaps, but he factory one should be quite competitive. IMO there are no choices 'better' and the potential of problems in doing so (like getting the 18650 stuck in the tube like I did......).

OF

abby

Yeah It looks like Arizer may have hurt themselves in producing stems that are even more restrictive than the originals. I still have my original stems but find that I don't use them often because the competition is too good. I don't want to wait for a long-ish heat up only to be followed by a restricted draw... an even more restricted airflow with the stems I bought last November directly from Arizer. I never use the new tight-fitting ones. They simply don't work well. Time for Arizer to innovate.
Yeah, I thought it was just me or my luck with quality control, but every single arizer stem I have bought from arizer over the last 3 years has been progressively more and more restricted.

I recommended my friend to buy the arizer air earlier, and the stems that he got in the box were so tight and so restrictive that I almost felt bad for giving him the bad purchase advice.

abby,
Reactions: GetLeft

TomC1315

First big purchase since July/August of 2015 - my intro to vaping: The Arizer EQ and then the Air :-)

GravLabs' 9" upright bubbler ... It took me a few days to figure out not to push the plastic stock tip down into the 14mm opening (hoping to achieve an airtight pathway). For the past few days, as a result, I've been trying to decide on which Gong (PVHES reg. or turbo? , Arizer's Gong ?, the one I saw for $15 ?)

Turns out that the stock tip works just fine if I rest/balance the Air on the WT ! The little bit of air that passes through gets the vapor flowin' and provides a much more comfortable draw.

Super smooth hits ... white (374*F/190*C) setting ... .15g loosely packed and dried out a little bit beforehand gets me 3 (maybe 4) sessions

2jodfHHl.jpg

k0xz9Pdl.jpg

XQXbhyml.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^Looks like I finally found a place for the plastic tipped stem to rest :-)

DMGFhOGl.jpg

nflTOSZl.jpg

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I've heard the PVHES stems have gone through some changes, I haven't bought a GonG lately for the Air but I always liked the PVHES GonGs and stems from @PlanetVape. They have good products and cs. I've never gotten a broken stem or GonG and I've ordered from them at least a half a dozen times. They have j hooks for $19.99. I suggest everyone get one of those. They work well with many different units. I have the 18mm size. Most my GonG are that size.

2HrqiSy.jpg

I'm using an @Ed's TnT wooden GonG with my j hook. It has a turquoise inlay. This pic was taken a while back. I use my GonG with my Solo too.

My AA is my road trip vaporizer when we take the RV out. This unit is discreet enough to use on walking trails if using the small mouthpiece. This GonG works well as a mouthpiece. No draw resistance.

Last edited:

disruptxd

Have you guys ever used pipe cleaners to clean the heat chamber? I feel as if the gunk that is in my chamber can only be removed by something of that sort.. it's stuck onto the metal. I'm afraid the pipe cleaners would be abrasive and scratch the heat chamber.

disruptxd,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I would heat up your oven and turn it up side down and use a q-tip with a little ISO.

I've heard folks using the Mr. Clean scrubber. Just make sure nothing gets into the holes on the bottom, make sure liquid doesn't go into the electrical parts underneath.

I would turn the unit up side down. Use a little piece of the mr clean scrubber. Then use some ISO to get any residue. If the stain does interfere with the taste I wouldn't worry.

disruptxd

I would heat up your oven and turn it up side down and use a q-tip with a little ISO.

I've heard folks using the Mr. Clean scrubber. Just make sure nothing gets into the holes on the bottom, make sure liquid doesn't go into the electrical parts underneath.

I would turn the unit up side down. Use a little piece of the mr clean scrubber. Then use some ISO to get any residue. If the stain does interfere with the taste I wouldn't worry.
does the Mr Clean scrubber not fall apart (powder ) when scraping against something? Cause the way the arizer heat chamber is set up, the holes would chafe the scrubber.

disruptxd,

canary

So, back here talking about the top-cap on the Arizer Air. Long story short, I moved stateside and didn't want to take the vape with me over the border. Gave it to a friend. My GF is still at home and is now into the herbage courtesy of her visit to CA (starting her journey with a free vape, how nice of a guy am I), so I arranged for my friend to pass the vape onto her. Well, the top cap is now gone. And I really wanted to keep it on the device, as I'll probably end up arranging to mail it to myself sans stems (probably replace those to be safer) when we plan to move in together south of the border.

God, I miss this vape. Been combusting ever since I moved here and it's just not nearly as enjoyable for me. I'd buy another AA but I'm moving to NY permanently in about a couple months time.

Anyways, here is the answer to a question I posed about workaround replacements for the top-cap sometime last year (thank you OF). I believe I asked this question because my top-cap popped off but I managed to get it back on (wasn't easy, mind you).

Sure. Just because a guy might not like it doesn't mean he hasn't tried it? Standard 'number 2 corks' (or #2 as it's more often listed) will do it:
https://www.amazon.com/Frey-Scientific-Natural-Diameter-Bottom/dp/B00FGDTVUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467421293&sr=8-1&keywords=#2+corks

Not that you should buy 100, I got a couple at the local Hardware Store. The key is the number 2 size, something like 9mm on one end and 13 on the other? 17mm nominal length for those still in metric mode.

At one point I had one on a string tied to the desk so it's be handy and not get lost......that didn't last.

I've also successfully tried vinyl caps similar to these:
https://www.amazon.com/Hydro-Flow-Pull-End-Inch/dp/B00CJIAYXY/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1467421406&sr=8-26&keywords=1+inch+vinyl+cap'

The Air is a bit over one inch, but the one I got at the store stretches a bit and fits fine. The covers often used on dress fittings might also work (although I've never tried this)?
https://www.amazon.com/SANITARY-TRI-CLOVER-TRI-CLAMP-PROTECTORS--1½/dp/B01HNFWF3E/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1467421406&sr=8-17&keywords=1+inch+vinyl+cap'

OF

Two-parter here:

1. Does Arizer sell replacement top-caps? Are there aftermarket replacements?
2. Are there any other ideas other than what OF listed that you've found to work for this purpose?

Pretty upset about it getting lost as it gave me some sort of sanity that no foreign objects would enter into the device, especially when it's in a jacket pocket or whatnot. But, I guess that's what happens when you pass things off like this.

canary,

olivianewtonjohn

@canary do you mean the silicone cap that covers the chamber? Or do you mean the large plastic black piece that covers the heater? If its the silicone an easy solution would be to always leave a stem in place - it is a ecig look alike after all

olivianewtonjohn,

sickmanfraud

does the Mr Clean scrubber not fall apart (powder ) when scraping against something? Cause the way the arizer heat chamber is set up, the holes would chafe the scrubber.

That is why I suggested (here or Solo thread) recently to do it upside down to lessen the chance that pieces will clog the holes.

sickmanfraud,

Smokey McVape

I've heard the PVHES stems have gone through some changes, I haven't bought a GonG lately for the Air but I always liked the PVHES GonGs and stems from @PlanetVape. They have good products and cs. I've never gotten a broken stem or GonG and I've ordered from them at least a half a dozen times. They have j hooks for $19.99. I suggest everyone get one of those. They work well with many different units. I have the 18mm size. Most my GonG are that size.

2HrqiSy.jpg

I'm using an @Ed's TnT wooden GonG with my j hook. It has a turquoise inlay. This pic was taken a while back. I use my GonG with my Solo too.

My AA is my road trip vaporizer when we take the RV out. This unit is discreet enough to use on walking trails if using the small mouthpiece. This GonG works well as a mouthpiece. No draw resistance.
Hey Carol, I have the same J hook as you and have just ordered a GonG. I cannot wait to try it out with my AA looks great.

Smokey McVape,

OF

Hey Carol, I have the same J hook as you and have just ordered a GonG. I cannot wait to try it out with my AA looks great.

You don't have to feel alone there, lots of us watch what the Lady uses and copy her in the hopes folks will confuse us for her and being wise and all.

Hasn't worked for me so far, but there is still hope..........

OF

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
The only thing i miss from the Solo after switching over to the Air, is the 2nd heat level.
I used to use that setting whenever i was sick and didn't want my sore throat getting too irritated by hot vapor.

Now i just take longer, slower draws on the first air level with deeper breathes in between along with alot of water and tea.

Strawberry shortcake helping me ignore the pain somewhat now

Top Bottom