1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arizer Air

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. beiberhole69

beiberhole69 Sexual Maven

I said goodbye to my first big boy vape today when i sold my last arizer air ;(

it was fun, and it easily got me to fuck combustion, but in the long term, it just wasn't the right vape for me. even in our final nice moments together, I knew. she is sweet and she'll make another man very very happy for life, but she just wasn't enough for a cloud whore like myself. i will always have fond memories though.

lookhigh, GetLeft, Vapoleon and 3 others like this.
  2. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Well-Known Member

What did you switch to?

Vapoleon and jpdnkstr like this.
  3. beiberhole69

beiberhole69 Sexual Maven

bought the air in dec of last year
    e-nano in june
    milaana in august
    vapcap in nov
    grasshopper yesterday

air is the only one retired but nano might be next... prob gone once the weather warms.

Vapoleon and jpdnkstr like this.
  4. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

Does the type of 18650 matter? I've some 20 amp continuous discharge the lghg2's I believe. Or HE2s forget offhand the 3000 maH ones. Those work?

GetLeft, Justpassedu and OF like this.
  5. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Probably, at the expense of the warranty.......

OF

6. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Hey Air heads , just wanted to check in. I had my air since day 1 pre-order , i believe around the time @OF got one also and we all discussed it here. Well mine is still going strong , i got a solo recently and was wondering why it hit so much harder than the air. It turns out i been running the stock battery since the air was available , never changed it. Once i did yesterday it was back to being a cloud machine and performing at top shape. The Air , Evo & Mighty are just 3 of my vapes i would never part with and i have many. I really like this thing in its stock form , always providing a great taste and now that i swapped out for a Samsung 25R Cell its heating up so quick again. Hope everyone is doing well here and enjoying there Air's.

7. lovecrush

lovecrush http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ

8. Jimiblues

Jimiblues Active Member

I just had my first issue with the air...2 days ago the blue light started flickering and the unit would shut off when it would get to temp. I would have to turn back on the air to get through a session. This happened the rest of the day. So I jumped on the internet and looked up this issue. The conclusion I came up with is to call vapeworld after the weekend. Last night while using the air, it somehow fixed itself. It's been working fine since. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do?

9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yes, it's come up. The usual issue is the negative connection it seems. Dirt, slight differences in length of the 18650 (it's showed up with alternative but not stock?), etc seems to cause dicey connections so available power is compromised is my assumption.

When I had it, cleaning stuff up fixed it. I basically gave up changing 18650s (charge in place) and it never came back.

OF

10. Jimiblues

Jimiblues Active Member

Yeah I cleaned all the contact points did the reset and nothing happened. Then all the sudden the blue light doesn't flicker and the air stays on now, it also seems to work better too.

This all started when I got a new strain, I usually vape at yellow but this new strain needed a lower setting. So when I clicked down to green everything was fine until it came to temp, that's when it would shut itself off. This happened the rest of the day at all settings. I'm glad that it corrected itself, hopefully it was just a minor glitch. Fingers crossed and knocking on wood

11. SiDankies

SiDankies Well-Known Member

I think my charger is broken? I plug it in in numerous outlets and for the most part I don't get a sound a light nothing. I tapped the box of the charger a couple of times and plugged it in again i got the initial beep and the green light then it just stopped. The battery seems fine though, because i can still turn the vape on and it functions properly.

So i guess I need a new charger. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best external charger? And while I'm at it i guess I will order another battery as well. Whats the general consensus for best battery with the air?

CalyxSmokr likes this.
  12. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

I like the D4 but the there are many other brands that may be better? I would recommend the Arizer batteries.

CalyxSmokr, SiDankies and OF like this.
  13. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is dwelling in the past......I suggest the important question might be 'will I remember how to work this vaporizer next time?' Facing the unknown future head on as it were.

Or not. Rainy Sunday time here, which is warm and welcome.

Best wishes to all.

OF

CalyxSmokr and Vapoleon like this.
  14. lookhigh

I wouldn't call it dwelling on the past more like nostalgic.
    Yes, I'm a glass half full kind off guy.

OF likes this.
  15. bluenavey00

bluenavey00 Arizer Air Aficionado

So at around this time, two years ago to the day, I smoked my last joint.

When I ordered my Air and took my first sips, I never set out to fuck combustion. I was a daily joint smoker. I just wanted to use the vape as and when I can, to cut down on the smoking.

I used it for the Saturday it arrived, and the Sunday. I took my first weekday (mon-thurs) t-break, and realised the next weekend I never need to smoke again. Vaporising is superior in every single way, and its seriously changed my life for the better in many many ways.

The vape, and more likely this forum, allowed me to cut down from daily smoking, which wasn't working for me. To just enjoying the herb on Friday, Saturday and Sundays (mainly).

So here's to two years smoke free. Two years with my Air. And two years reading the lovely posts and interesting threads from all you guys and girls.

Keep on vaping :leaf:

16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Thank you.

And in return my wishes for many more such years to come. One of the many advantages, you not only enjoy it more at lower costs but you also get more healthy years to do so because of it. I like that part too.

OF

17. StiltedLimboDancer

StiltedLimboDancer Well-Known Member

Just for the record and to all the micro-dosers out there:
    The Storz & Bickel concentrate pad works perfectly to reduce the bowl size of the Arizer Air by almost 50% :tup:

18. SiDankies

Can anyone please help. Do I charge my arizer 18650 at .5 a or 1a?

OF likes this.
  19. CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr Well-Known Member

I could be wrong - but I thought you use the higher number if in a rush but lower number is better for the battery if you have time.

edit: yeah I was wrong :freak:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    OF and nihil like this.
  20. SiDankies

Thanks! Hope you are correct for the batteries sake lol

CalyxSmokr likes this.
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Either, your call. While you can basically charge as fast as you can discharge (same reaction......) the general advice is to charge at rate slow enough to prevent overheating (say no more than 10 degree rise?) which means you want to charge in the one to two hour range for a full charge.

No, it has to do with the capacity really. Charge the low capacity cells at the low rate. Too low a rate is bad for them as it goofs with the charge termination.

1 Amp is probably the better call (it's what I use for 2000mAh plus charging), while not ideal, 500 won't likely do much damage......and it will take much longer.

OF

22. olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn Well-Known Member

So I bought a USB cord and I was hoping someone could clarify for me. The stock charger outputs 1.2A, does this mean I should only use usb supplies that are over 1.2A?

23. lookhigh

less power means slower charge.

olivianewtonjohn likes this.
  24. olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn Well-Known Member

I know that, sorry I should have clarified. I've always been under the impression when you use an alternative supply of power for any device you want to have the same or more amp capacity on the power supply.

OF and bluenavey00 like this.
  25. bluenavey00

bluenavey00 Arizer Air Aficionado

Less amp will simply mean a slower charge time, which is actually better for the battery (I think)

OF likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors