GetLeft

I've got the titanium. It's basically a pale buffed bronze color. Puffitup renders it accurately on their website. No one sees mine. It's either stashed away or pretty well concealed in my hand. The black on the top is all that would be visible, along with the stem (I've stuck to the clear glass stems - simple and they work). Not sure that black or silver would add stealth.

Jethro

Puff it up only has black in stock. Asked Randy about a titanium one and he said only the black ones were updated by Arizer. No idea when the others are getting updated. Here is the snip from my email:

"We have titanium however we are not selling them right now because of the recent update. The black airs all have the new chamber with improved airflow. The silver and titaniums don't appear to be updated yet so we are waiting for that to happen. Sorry about that"

JLC

Thanks for the info!
I contacted my retailer and Arizer to follow up on the revision.

Edit:
I heard back from Arizer and was informed that the only recent change was an aesthetic change to the stainless steel heater dish, but that it is not a functional change. It does apply to all colours.

Last edited:

abhishek

My fellow psychonauts
How is Samsung 25r ,for a replacement battery?
I think my old Solo ,heats up well,with a PA(have been using it like a desktop) but my Air ,isn't as efficient as my good ol Solo.

Thanks and may lord Shiva bless you all
Boom

abhishek,

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
I just turned on my Air to finish a sesh and it had a cyan colored light flashing on the bottom light and faster than normal. Worked fine after I turned it off but what was that?

GetLeft

Thanks for the heads up. The short stems are discounted too and the stem cap so I'm taking advantage. Gotta have those high quality caps. I'm curious to see if the short stems still fit a little more loosely like the one that came with my unit when I purchased it mid-2015. The last batch of the longer stems I bought a few months ago at piu are tight to the point of being useless to me.

GetLeft,
Reactions: lookhigh

sickmanfraud

Thanks for the heads up. The short stems are discounted too and the stem cap so I'm taking advantage. Gotta have those high quality caps. I'm curious to see if the short stems still fit a little more loosely like the one that came with my unit when I purchased it mid-2015. The last batch of the longer stems I bought a few months ago at piu are tight to the point of being useless to me.

The last PIU stems I got were too tight also. So far I have tried using a couple of screens to raise the stem, but I was not successful.

sickmanfraud,

JLC

It's too bad the shipping charges are so steep!

JLC,
Reactions: OF

OF

It's too bad the shipping charges are so steep!

True enough from our POV. From 'their side' it can be different. I can cost them just as much to process your or my order for a few stems as a guy buying 100 Airs.

Depending on 'Business Model' some sellers can process small orders at very low per order cost, not so often if your main business is different.

You and I can't make as much use of this as say @ataxian........

OF

OF,

lookhigh

FC member
Buy a few together or some other stuff and suddenly the shipping is reasonable.

Last edited:
lookhigh,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
A nice portable vaporizer to use if you need to medicate and be discreet at the same time. This was my walk along the river the other day. There weren't very many folks around so I didn't feel I was imposing on anyone. It looks similar to an ecig device.

Last edited:

Tristin708

Hello folks,

I've had my air for about a year and a half and use it pretty heavily. All of the sudden last week it stopped working. It will turn on for about 30 seconds to a minute before it auto shuts off. It also will not heat up, I've even stuck my finger in the heater to test it (not the smartest idea but oh well) and it remains cold. I ended up ordering a couple more batteries thinking my old beat up battery was the problem. A lady through arizer's email said it could possibly be reset with the original wall charger, but I do not have mine anymore. I've been exclusively using a nitecore charger for the last year which has left my batter with scratches and such. But the two new batteries I ordered didn't work either. Today I tried ISO rubbing with a qtip the springs on the inside and on the battery cap but that did not work either. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Tristin

Tristin708,

OF

But the two new batteries I ordered didn't work either. Today I tried ISO rubbing with a qtip the springs on the inside and on the battery cap but that did not work either. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Makes sense it's not the battery since it charged normally in your external charger? I would expect new ones to behave the same. A reset attempt is a good idea before sending it in, but that means you have to charge it in the unit with an external source. It does not have to be the original charger of course, any five Volt source should do fine. Like one of the USB cables we've discussed many times in this thread?

Like:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQCMRJ6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
and
http://www.ebay.com/itm/cable-USB-4...pply-5V-Tablet-Android-Sony-PSP-/281234981407

Good luck with it, it would be nice to find a reset fixed it to be sure. Leaves a guy kinda wondering why it needed it of course, but that's easily overlooked in the next session.

OF

Tristin708

Makes sense it's not the battery since it charged normally in your external charger? I would expect new ones to behave the same. A reset attempt is a good idea before sending it in, but that means you have to charge it in the unit with an external source. It does not have to be the original charger of course, any five Volt source should do fine. Like one of the USB cables we've discussed many times in this thread?

Like:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQCMRJ6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
and
http://www.ebay.com/itm/cable-USB-4...pply-5V-Tablet-Android-Sony-PSP-/281234981407

Good luck with it, it would be nice to find a reset fixed it to be sure. Leaves a guy kinda wondering why it needed it of course, but that's easily overlooked in the next session.

OF

Thanks for the suggestion on the charger. I'll admit I haven't really looked at this thread since buying the vape last year. I just ordered a usb and I will update once it gets here.

chaosst33l

You might remember my list of differences from my old Arizer Air (purchased this time last year) and my latest revision Arizer Air (purchased last month).

I have one more thing to add... the stem with the plastic mouthpiece is longer. Also, the plastic mouthpiece has a wider hole.

And here are pictures of the new plate I was talking about. The plate is lower at each hole so you no longer need to lift the stem to get better airflow.

yCJvBve.jpg
Is this the current version?
So I just purchased an arizer air from puffitup and got the model that looks like this,
http://vaporizersreviewed.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/arizer-air-27-430x270.jpg
But this post says that the holes is the new version
Since that post is 6 months old, I would be pretty surprised to get an old model. So was the new holes really an updated model? Did they switch back to the old design, or did I just get an old model.

Thanks

chaosst33l,
Reactions: GetLeft

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I ordered one a couple of months ago (titanium color) and it had the small holes. I contacted PIU and ended up returning it for the newer version. I don't know if things have changed, but the only color they had at the time with the updated oven was black.

nickdanger,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

GetLeft

Is this the current version?
So I just purchased an arizer air from puffitup and got the model that looks like this,
http://vaporizersreviewed.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/arizer-air-27-430x270.jpg
But this post says that the holes is the new version
Since that post is 6 months old, I would be pretty surprised to get an old model. So was the new holes really an updated model? Did they switch back to the old design, or did I just get an old model.

Thanks

Here's a post from february with the "new version" at that time (not sure what's new these days):

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-344#post-928681

And another one related to the reset thing. Not sure what to think:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-366#post-975580

OF

And another one related to the reset thing. Not sure what to think:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-366#post-975580

Color me silly if you must, but when 'she' said:

..."regardless of what you may have read online, there is no such thing as an Air reset"..

I think she meant that folks on the web that talk about reset procedures for Air are mistaken? Probably confusing Solo (where you can't do a 'hardware reset' by pulling the battery and forcing it into a POST (Power On Self Test) and reset cycle when power comes back).

Another way to look at it is every time you change (or remove) the battery, the unit automatically resets the next time you put a charged battery back in.

Solo needs a 'soft reset', Air doesn't?

Thanks for the post, two important links for sure.

OF

OF,

Tristin708

I received my air usb charger in the mail. Nothing happened when i plugged it in with or without the battery. Its like it doesnt even recognize that a chargers plugged in. Getting ready to ship it back in :(

Thanks for the suggestion on the charger. I'll admit I haven't really looked at this thread since buying the vape last year. I just ordered a usb and I will update once it gets here.

Tristin708,
Top Bottom