Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
My Air that i got 2 months ago has got the Blue blinking light of death unfortunately, it just blinks rapidly once it reaches temp and then shuts off after a little bit. I'm pretty sad about it, it saw heavy use since being acquired.

Jimmer144,

Tristin708

My Air that i got 2 months ago has got the Blue blinking light of death unfortunately, it just blinks rapidly once it reaches temp and then shuts off after a little bit. I'm pretty sad about it, it saw heavy use since being acquired.

Blue light of death..i guess this is a real thing :/

Tristin708,

GetLeft

Sorry to hear about the usb. Where did you pick it up?

I never went the usb route since the unit itself has served so handily from day 1 as a charger. I've had three batteries on rotation for 1.5 yrs. and they're still going strong. 6 hours in the same place, provided the place has an outlet, is all it takes for me to take care of charging all three and that would result in a minimum of 12 new sessions (really 15 for me 'cause I don't do long sessions at high heat).

I've been hanging around here for a little while now and that's the first I've heard of fatal blue lights. Before I purchased my Air I read up on the Solo and recall reading about some flashing lights (red I believe) of death. Although I'd be surprised if that were to occur in two months of use unless there was a defect, in which case the warranty would cover things. But I'm guessing here. All I know is my Air has been 100% dependable for a good long time now.

nihil

Member, Known Well
I've been hanging around here for a little while now and that's the first I've heard of fatal blue lights.

I know we're all stoners and all, but you tried to help me with this issue back in May: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-365#post-974769

You were the first to respond and try to help me. :lol: :cheers:

I've seen a few more people with the blinking blue light of death since then. I RMA'd mine, no big deal and all is well with my replacement. Seems like the blinking blue lights are the Air's fault code.

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
Hello, Can someone help me? I have a problem with my Air!

It started yesterday: The unit is trying to heat as usual after I select the temp level. When it was about to reach the optimal temperature, it starts flickering the blue status light( the downer light) like crazy until it completely shuts off. So it reaches the temperature but then it shuts off after 10 sec or so.

I tried another battery, a new one, same issue.
Took out the battery the plugged in without battery, plugged out put back battery, same problem.

Any of You recognise this problem talked here in fc? I bought it from Vapefiend/UK more than 1,5 years ago, never had any problem with my unit before. I live in Hungary i know maybe i shall contact them to repair it (to Vapefiend), but i know its a slow process send them, they repair then send me back.

Any suggestions, opinions what should I do now? Any ideas what causes this problem?
Thank you!

EDIT: tried out when plugged in, then the same problem occurs :(

Last edited:

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
UPDATE
I contactad Vapefiend, and recieved in 3 minutes the reply:

Hi, thank you for your email.

I'm really sorry to read about the problem with your email.

If a full 4 hour charge and the reset method you have found doesn't resolve the problem, please complete and submit our online warranty form:

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/warranty.html

We can repair or replace your vaporiser here in London free of charge under warranty, there would be no need for you to contact Arizer.
All the best,

I sad him this reset method i found here at FC (cannot try it now becouse i'm at work, but will try it when i get home):
Plug the charger into the wall outlet
Plug the charger into the AIR unit
press and hold both buttons for approximately 4 seconds
wait for 10 seconds then unplug from charger.

They have excellent service! I will try this reset method but probably have to send them my unit and they will fix it or replace it. So its free to me except the delivery witch is not a big deal i think.
Just wanted to tell you this too. I read a lot about PIU's excellent service, so I just want to say that Vapefiend is the PIU for Europe.

:)

BTW

Any of you knows whats the difference in the new model? I just saw on vapefiends site this:

The Arizer Air packages that we sell are the new 2016 release, including a short all-glass mouthpiece and battery level indicator.

Few months ago it was the 2015 model....

Last edited by a moderator:

VANVAS

BTW

Any of you knows whats the difference in the new model? I just saw on vapefiends site this:

The Arizer Air packages that we sell are the new 2016 release, including a short all-glass mouthpiece and battery level indicator.

Few months ago it was the 2015 model....
I think the first models were produced with no battery indicator, ive got 2 Air from 2015 and have indicator when you start the session. If you search in 2015 posts you will found this issue.

VANVAS,

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
I think the first models were produced with no battery indicator, ive got 2 Air from 2015 and have indicator when you start the session. If you search in 2015 posts you will found this issue.
Yeah, i Know but mine is the 2015 version with battery level indicator( the 2nd edition).

So now seems that Arizer has a 3rd edition, Vapefiend always has the newest versions. 2-3 months ago they selled the 2015 version so this is sure that there is a new version now. But i never read about it.

Vapoleon,

UnshavenFish

I could be wrong but I think the 'new' version has either larger holes/recess in the bowl for airflow, there is something further up this* page about it and I remember some pics from a little bit ago.

Edit: * previous page now

Last edited:

GetLeft

I've seen a few more people with the blinking blue light of death since then.

Yeah I recalled the erratic blinking / failed heat up to be a sign of over and out. And recalled reading that there was no reset to fix things, just the RMA. But it's just hearsay coming from me 'cause I haven't had the experience, just read about it. So the blinking is always blue. Good to know, and that the the condition has a name. Should make future diagnoses qucik: BBLoD? RMA!
:tup:

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
Yesterday I sent my Air back in to PIU for RMA. I'm hoping they just replace my unit with a new one instead of repairing it.

I hope the same, also sent mine to RMA to vapefiend. hope a replace instead of repairing it.

They say the new 2016 Air has no 3,5mm jack anymore just lightning and bluetooth :o

Joking :D

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Yeah I recalled the erratic blinking / failed heat up to be a sign of over and out. And recalled reading that there was no reset to fix things, just the RMA. But it's just hearsay coming from me 'cause I haven't had the experience, just read about it. So the blinking is always blue. Good to know, and that the the condition has a name. Should make future diagnoses qucik: BBLoD? RMA!
:tup:

I've had blinking blue before and it just needed to be turned on/off and it started normally the next time. Has happened a few times with both of my units (I think, the silver one for sure) and they still work fine.

I can't recall if it was the top or the bottom (or both) and the light was really more turquoise than straight blue. But I've had it a few times and a power cycle fixed it.

I think for me it either happened at the end of a battery or when I popped a fresh one in, maybe both. But obviously not something that happens in the middle of a session

beiberhole69,
Reactions: Faolan

valence

Damn. I've had my Air for nearly two years now and last night it rolled off the coffee table. Now it won't turn on. The power button is kind of depressed into the unit and it doesn't "click" anymore. Just sent an email to Arizer asking for advice but super bummed. Back to the DBV for now I suppose.

If I have to replace it would you guys get another Air or are their some other attractive options in the portable realm out there? I've been out of the loop a bit for a year trying to avoid VAS lol

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
Air is abso-frickin-lutely the best tasting vape I've ever throwed a lip over. That first hit of a fresh bowl alone is worth the purchase price.
That being said, the portable-battery thing is really a drag.
I can get one to two bowls per charge or max capacity would be about .28g - .3g flowers per charge.
At best that is a good buzz for me but you certainly don't have enough charge for much sharing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also is there a good post about battery charging?
It seems I read somewhere these batteries fare better if they're not charged to capacity.
Any input would be appreciated.

I'm getting ready to buy an extra charger and two extra batteries.

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
Air is abso-frickin-lutely the best tasting vape I've ever throwed a lip over. That first hit of a fresh bowl alone is worth the purchase price.
That being said, the portable-battery thing is really a drag.
I can get one to two bowls per charge or max capacity would be about .28g - .3g flowers per charge.
At best that is a good buzz for me but you certainly don't have enough charge for much sharing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also is there a good post about battery charging?
It seems I read somewhere these batteries fare better if they're not charged to capacity.
Any input would be appreciated.

I'm getting ready to buy an extra charger and two extra batteries.

2 batteries are needed at the very least, i'm about to buy a 3rd hah. You're right though about there being nothing like the first hit out the Air, so tasty, especially with the short all glass stem.

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
I just thought of something else, has anyone discovered a handy, neat way of filling the bowl?
Currently I'm using a playing card to funnel my flowers into the bowl but that is a bit messy.

2 batteries are needed at the very least, i'm about to buy a 3rd hah. You're right though about there being nothing like the first hit out the Air, so tasty, especially with the short all glass stem.
Oh yeaaaaah!

I did the same with my MFLB.
I always took two extra batteries with me.
My experience with MFLB batteries was totally sub-par.
I flat out quit using MFLB because the batteries simply wouldn't hold a charge of any worthwhile duration.

You should be getting much more than than that from a battery? I think you must have a bad battery. More than one is recommended and a charger for comfort.

Battery (and unit) is just a couple weeks old.
I'm going to give it a full charge and I'll report back how long that lasts.

My experience to date is it takes me (using it by myself - some dead time with Air on because I'm not hitting it steady for the 10 minute timed session) two 10 minute sessions to totally vape about .14g.
I've checked and I can fit .14 flowers (depending on flowers moisture content) into the bowl.
Whip hits on an EQ with DDave mods are about .11g for comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandler

nothing like the first hit out the Air, so tasty,
Put my air back into rotation, i like the white setting, 374° . It just occurred to me, i enjoy my crafty at 355-360°, it would make sense that I'd enjoy using the air at the first setting (blue) which is 356° . Its been a while i can't even remember if I've low temp vaped with my air. Flavours should also be much stronger /last longer.

I assume all/most of the 'air' flavour chasers vape at the first two settings?

Will sample some of God's Green Crack later n give it a go on blue!

Top Bottom