GetLeft

@Cuthbert J Twillie are you using the stock battery or some other battery? And you have the real deal, not a clone?

My batteries (I have three) are stock and 1.5 yrs. old. They still hold full charges that last a good four sessions, minimum. I don't guage the sessions by amount of material but by time of session. I usually get more than four sessions since I don't tend to do 10 minute sessions. I don't need an extra charger. The unit itself works fine for me. I use the three bats until they're low, then bring 'em in to work and in a single work day charge them back up. A little over two hours per battery is what I experience as far as charge time. Some times I've gone over the two with no noticeably adverse affects, but you should keep your eye on charge time. Don't drain the bats too low; when you see red maybe a quick session then back into the charger. And don't use the unit while charging, regardless of what the info says.

Lots to learn here about battery use. Do yourself a favor and do a search. You'll find lots of info. If you have questions, you'll find help here no doubt, but you'll probably get better feedback if you do your searching/reading first.

I'd agree that the Air is not a vape that works well with sharing. It's power is more suited to personal vaping.

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
I sent my Air back to PIU last Wednesday for RMA and a replacement unit was delivered to me today, simply cannot ask for much more from a Customer Service standpoint.

BBLoD? RMA! RESOLVED! :)
I sent mine to RMA to Vapefiend 12 days ago, and this morning i recieved my brand new replacement unit. Vapefiend costumer service is the best too! The reason it was slower than yours is just becaouse i'm in other country that Vapefiend. :) I recommend Vapefiend to everyone in Europe!
Some thoughts/observations with my replacement:
- I sent my faulty unit itself( as Vapefiend asked it) without any accesories, charger or glass parts, but recieved a whole now complete set of the newest AA.
- On the bottom of my unit there is 2014, not 2013 that was on my original unit(bought in 2015 with bat. lev.ind.) So it seems to me that this is the improoved version!

The improovements or maybe better said, fixes for a potential fault:

1. The material of the top black "rail" is no longer aluminium but a very solid plastic! same like the iolite stem, and the chambers plastic cap and the chargers input cap is made of this material too, and not of silicone like it was before. maybe this because this way its more durable at a long term ( i protected well my original one so i had the silicone caps after 1,5 years of daly use, but anyways it seems to me to be more durable now)
2. The metalic cilidrical body behind the black "rail" is a bit more near to the top so there is a linear hole to the internals, maybe to better air ventillation to the internals. (not to bettter airflow) also to resolve the same fault possibility, the BBLoD - RMA syndrome!

I enjoyed having a new AA, many many thanks to Vapefiend for their costumer service! :) The best in Europe for sure!!
Now I have some extra stems, new battery, unit, bag and silicone sleeve, backup charger, metal tool. You all know, every staff that comes with our precious! VAS is my future...

Happy with my brand new unit, just wanted to share my observations to all of you guys!
Anyone else with brand new units can confirm these observations, changes?

I really dont feel that anithing went worse with the use of hard plastic here. You know why? Because its on the external part of the unit, nothing internal like in the case of iolite. At first use i "burnt" it out at max level and the the industrial smell went away as it was with the previous model. So there is no critics at all. Just observations! :)
VERY hard to tell the difference in the material change! Same High quality feeling as with the aluminium/silicone edition, just now with these new durable/hard/high quality feeling materials. Not a step back IMO.

But it is a next step?
What do you think about these changes ?

:sherlock:

Last edited:

Boros

How do the temp settings compare to the solo? My go to temp on the solo is 4 which I believe is 383° or so, really feels like the sweet spot...I see on the Air that this temp has been removed...what is your sweet spot? Also how does battery life compare? I get 5-7 sessions (10+ min) with my solo before needing to charge...

Boros,
Reactions: Vapoleon

OF

I can get one to two bowls per charge or max capacity would be about .28g - .3g flowers per charge.
At best that is a good buzz for me but you certainly don't have enough charge for much sharing.

Also is there a good post about battery charging?
It seems I read somewhere these batteries fare better if they're not charged to capacity.
Any input would be appreciated.

Power usage is a big variable game. At mid temperatures and normal draws you should be getting four or so 'sessions' (until it times out, 10 minutes each?). High temperatures and lots of business (cold air to heat) can kill battery life. How much, say in mg, a guy needs is also a big variable. Heat plays a big role here in that it controls production rate. Experience vaping (as opposed to blazing) makes a big difference here too I think. Many of us used a lot more at first. Your poor brain is still looking for the 'I'm smoking good shit' signals to know it's OK to get high. That will pass with time.

You're probably not far off the 'normal curve', if at all. Don't worry about it, get to know the Air, things will change and no doubt for the better as you do.

There are lots of discussions on battery life, charging, storage and so on. Modesty won't let me say how good any of them are as I wrote them. Folks keep asking, and I keep giving long but not necessarily to point answers along the same lines.

Please do a search with this link as a text string:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

This thread has 7 posts on the topic, there are over 50 times I've had to write something up globally (seems to come up more on Solo, I think because it's older and the batteries can't be easily changed).

Please do me a favor and check some of them out? If, after reading a few, you don't think it's getting the bull dog fed, write back and we'll give it another go?

TIA

As far as loading goes (you asked that in another post) many suck the ground herb up and tamp it down a bit with a fingertip. Some stuff in an intact budlet as is (no grind). I dump a bit in my palm and use the other hand to pack it in with a fingertip. I can usually gauge just the right amount (I use the dome screens so load less per bowl, closer to .10 grams IIRC). Keep it on the snug side, but don't pack it too tight. Many invert the vape to prevent stem spills on loading. Heating and hitting it a couple times inverted ("Hamster Style") will stick the load together and you and turn it upright again. You might want to try that. Insert the stem when the seal is hot is also a good tip.

Good choice on Air, but you've figured that out. You might back off a couple dozen pages and read forward, there's a lot of good/useful info there. Then you can add to it.......

Welcome to the fun.

OF

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
How do the temp settings compare to the solo? My go to temp on the solo is 4 which I believe is 383° or so, really feels like the sweet spot...I see on the Air that this temp has been removed...what is your sweet spot? Also how does battery life compare? I get 5-7 sessions (10+ min) with my solo before needing to charge...

I have a Solo and my fav temp was also the 4th level, my favorite temp on my Air is the Green level, i believe that is like 392 degrees, it is the perfect mix of flavor and strength I feel.

hinglemccringleberry

I just thought of something else, has anyone discovered a handy, neat way of filling the bowl?
Currently I'm using a playing card to funnel my flowers into the bowl but that is a bit messy.

Slurpee straw. Cut it where you have a nice little 1-2" long scooping tool. Or just get a blunt container/test tube and kill 2 birds w/ one stone (scooper and storage)

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: GetLeft

CalyxSmokr

I use this and press into it to fill the Air stem. Doob tubes and pouring in is way too awkward for me
GR2017.jpg

Mainly I am always at green.

olivianewtonjohn

Inhale/push into bowl from either jyarz (where some ground material lives) or directly from the grinder.....I see no need to use any tool or intermediate container, loading is easypeasy

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
Much good advice above, thank you.
Kannistor looks like a winner.
The whip method of filling a bowl by drawing air through bowl is messy with the four hole glass stem.
I get a lot of blowby (look it up) when attempting this fill method.

This is some solid info (that is in agreement with my experience):
@Cuthbert J Twillie are you using the stock battery or some other battery? And you have the real deal, not a clone?

My batteries (I have three) are stock and 1.5 yrs. old. They still hold full charges that last a good four sessions, minimum. I don't gauge the sessions by amount of material but by time of session. I usually get more than four sessions since I don't tend to do 10 minute sessions. I don't need an extra charger. The unit itself works fine for me. I use the three bats until they're low, then bring 'em in to work and in a single work day charge them back up. A little over two hours per battery is what I experience as far as charge time. Some times I've gone over the two with no noticeably adverse affects, but you should keep your eye on charge time. Don't drain the bats too low; when you see red maybe a quick session then back into the charger. And don't use the unit while charging, regardless of what the info says.

Yes, I'm using the stock battery. And I just ordered two backups and a charger (based on my MFLB experience).

Yesterday I did an experimental run with the "Air".
On one charge I could fully vape two bowls.
I loaded a third bowl but got the red light in the battery window before I could do much vaping on bowl three.
I was both outdoors and indoors for this test run.
This meant somewhere between 3 to 4 ten minute cycles (because there was at least one session I turned off power prior to session timeout).

I was hoping to bring the unit to a wedding this coming weekend (step-father of the bride) as my all-purpose-go to unit (that includes sharing).
I'd agree that the Air is not a vape that works well with sharing. It's power is more suited to personal vaping.
So it looks like I'll have to bring the Old Reliable (EQ).

Loading?
(I use the dome screens so load less per bowl, closer to .10 grams IIRC).
"Of", I will be checking out older posts, thanks for the detailed info.
So what are you using for screens?

Cuthbert J Twillie,
Reactions: OF

OF

"Of", I will be checking out older posts, thanks for the detailed info.
So what are you using for screens?

Great, by all means do take advantage of the history here. Lots of good stuff from a lot of very helpful folks. Hopefully someday real soon you too will be contributing to that. Don't miss the Solo thread, it's been around much longer, many of these issues have been resolved there before Air came on the scene. Lots of stuff shows up 'in both threads'.

Screens, you'll find, has been the topic of much discussion. Again, good shared experiences......no need to repeat the failures/less effective solutions. I think it's safe to say that most of the owners 'in the know' are using the purpose built screens first identified by our Brother Sinclue:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The seller lists several offers for larger and small amounts at appropriate prices, you might poke around some if ten dollars is too big an investment for you.

When you do your homework you'll also no doubt come across the idea of cleaning these guys by 'flaming'. Hold the dirty screen by the edge in your otherwise useless roach clip (you don't blaze of course......) and heat it with a small torch type lighter like these:
http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.V-vgi8nSO9I

Heat it until it glow......yes, glows (dull red). It's SS and has no trouble with the temperature and it turns all the fouling to ash which you can brush off, reinstall the screen, load up and vape on.

Regards, enjoy your reading.

OF

OF,

hinglemccringleberry

I use this and press into it to fill the Air stem. Doob tubes and pouring in is way too awkward for me
Inhale/push into bowl from either jyarz (where some ground material lives) or directly from the grinder.....I see no need to use any tool or intermediate container, loading is easypeasy
Well it's certainly better than a playing card used as a funnel

hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: OF

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Yeah screens are great. I made one myself but it's just one that covers the 4 holes, not a domed one although I've been wanting to try a domed one.

OF

Yeah screens are great. I made one myself but it's just one that covers the 4 holes, not a domed one although I've been wanting to try a domed one.

The longer you wait to try it means being more upset about how long it took you to try it........

It works that way, sometimes. While dome guys like dome up, some dome down, I sure don't recall anyone deciding they didn't want to use the dome screens after trying them......for a couple bucks now you can find out in a week or two of you're the first?

OF

OF

Yup just bought some on eBay. Now I just got to wait for them to come in!

Good move. Sorry for the wait part, not much I can do for you there.......OTOH you've got your new found friend, Arizer Air, to keep you company and comfort you through the ordeal?

For sure the wait is easier with a good vape at your side than without one........

OF

OF,
Reactions: Faolan
Hey Buddy's.. New member here..

I've had the Arizer Air for a few months now and...it SUCKS..!! Well I do at least... I suck and suck and damn this thing is hard to get air flowing through it.

It has become progressively harder to get anything out of the Air and I suspect it has gotten blocked inside the heat chamber with small bits of spice that has fallen through the 4 small air holes. Anyone else had this problem.?

A real good blow down a clean tube and a shake and it frees the airflow temporarily but it soons goes back to a frustrating 'suckfest', almost completely blocked, like sucking a big pea down a little straw.

I've contacted Arizer about it but the are totally bemused that someone has managed to block one of their products and are clueless how to remove the possible obstruction without taking it to pieces.
It is possible my unit is just faulty but having seen the disassembly pictures here (p366) I can see there actually is no breather hole in the Air and the only opening is where the wires come through to the heating element.
A big design fault..? I think so. Arizer haven't factored in the possibility of herb falling through the holes and a way to easily remove it.

I've used a medium grind, keep it cleaned, tried the high airflow stems and even used empty stems to test flow and it's definitely a blocked unit.
I'm either gonna RMA the thing for Arizer to sort out or possibly even clear it myself, or even modify the unit as Arizer have said this is 'not a warranty case', almost blaming me for misusing it..!!
So any feedback from some real users would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Vaping & Gaping Co.,

lookhigh

FC member
I do not know how you managed to get stuff into the holes on the unit?
The vacuum is the other way so unless you are blowing into it there should be no buildup in there. Also the SOLO has the same design and i never heard off that problem with it. Try using some compressed air to clear it and i would not recommend opening the unit up. Lets see if anyone else knows.

Jethro

Yeah, I don't get it either. As said my Solo is of the same design and it has never clogged even with DAILY use since I got it. Even the stickiest of buds I put in there and it's fine. I've never cleaned it and it's had literally pounds of material through it.

CalyxSmokr

Hey Buddy's.. New member here..

I've had the Arizer Air for a few months now and...it SUCKS..!! Well I do at least... I suck and suck and damn this thing is hard to get air flowing through it.

It has become progressively harder to get anything out of the Air and I suspect it has gotten blocked inside the heat chamber with small bits of spice that has fallen through the 4 small air holes. Anyone else had this problem.?

A real good blow down a clean tube and a shake and it frees the airflow temporarily but it soons goes back to a frustrating 'suckfest', almost completely blocked, like sucking a big pea down a little straw.

I've contacted Arizer about it but the are totally bemused that someone has managed to block one of their products and are clueless how to remove the possible obstruction without taking it to pieces.
It is possible my unit is just faulty but having seen the disassembly pictures here (p366) I can see there actually is no breather hole in the Air and the only opening is where the wires come through to the heating element.
A big design fault..? I think so. Arizer haven't factored in the possibility of herb falling through the holes and a way to easily remove it.

I've used a medium grind, keep it cleaned, tried the high airflow stems and even used empty stems to test flow and it's definitely a blocked unit.
I'm either gonna RMA the thing for Arizer to sort out or possibly even clear it myself, or even modify the unit as Arizer have said this is 'not a warranty case', almost blaming me for misusing it..!!
So any feedback from some real users would be greatly appreciated.
Are you sure you are not just surprised by it's restricted draw? It would help a lot if you could try another unit.

Top Bottom