OF

How do you guys store your stems when the air is in your pocket

Like this, usually in a nearby pocket with it's friends:
WgOYSb5.jpg

I like to have a couple loaded and ready to go so I don't have to mess with reloading stems when I should be vaping.

How do you carry yours?

OF

TwoTime

Hey guys! I've been a solo owner for a couple years and decided to upgrade to the air. It just came in the mail today and I have noticed some weird stuff with the temperature LED that I didn't notice in any videos. I realize that the colored led's are rgb and they blend colors to create more colors. On mine though the blending is very bad. For example the orange color doesn't look orange at all unless you view it from an angle. Viewed directly on it just looks red and green. Same with the white, it' not white at all when viewed head on. It's a very distinct red, blue, and green.

If this is something normal it's no big deal but I have never seen it mentioned or observed it in any videos. Just want to make sure mine's not defective. I was excited to try this guy tonight but I think I am going to wait to see if I need to return it. At least I have my enano cranked up!

Anyone else notice this with theirs?

TwoTime,

spiggot

Ebay sell Chinese stems for around a third of the UK price of genuine Solo stems, so thought I would try getting a curved one. It's got some subtle differences to a genuine one, but seems really well made. The holes in the bowl look machine cut, same size as original. The plate with the holes in is a bit thicker than a standard curved stem.

I can't see any danger in using one, is there any reason why I should avoid trying it out in an Air?

spiggot,

OF

For example the orange color doesn't look orange at all unless you view it from an angle. Viewed directly on it just looks red and green. Same with the white, it' not white at all when viewed head on. It's a very distinct red, blue, and green.

If this is something normal it's no big deal but I have never seen it mentioned or observed it in any videos.

Anyone else notice this with theirs?

Quite normal. The dies (the parts that emit light) are tiny compared to their spacing and can easily be seen as '3 dots'. Being color blind I'll leave the naming of the colors to others, but you can see a definite pattern of 'turn ons and turn offs' at a digital level as you change steps.

Not to worry, but rather enjoy. BTW the seal at the top is different now, quite tight and harder, with 3 ribs to overcome. Insert stems when hot at first?

OF

TwoTime

Where did you buy it?
Are they very bright?
I bought it from an authorized vendor on eBay. I got my solo from puffitup, probably should have again for peace of mind but I have gone through all the info on fakes and it looks completely legit. From the battery to the beeps to the redesigned heater with the indentations it all checks out. I wouldn't say the lights are super bright but they are brighter than my solo.

Quite normal. The dies (the parts that emit light) are tiny compared to their spacing and can easily be seen as '3 dots'. Being color blind I'll leave the naming of the colors to others, but you can see a definite pattern of 'turn ons and turn offs' at a digital level as you change steps.

Not to worry, but rather enjoy. BTW the seal at the top is different now, quite tight and harder, with 3 ribs to overcome. Insert stems when hot at first?

OF
Thanks for the encouraging words! I definitely noticed the tightness of the stem and preheating it worked great. I think the strangest thing about the LEDs is how there is so much visible green color in what's supposed to be the yellow or orange temp setting. I know it's being nit picky but to me it takes a little away from what otherwise seems like a very well constructed and high quality unit. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

sickmanfraud

Ebay sell Chinese stems for around a third of the UK price of genuine Solo stems, so thought I would try getting a curved one. It's got some subtle differences to a genuine one, but seems really well made. The holes in the bowl look machine cut, same size as original. The plate with the holes in is a bit thicker than a standard curved stem.

I can't see any danger in using one, is there any reason why I should avoid trying it out in an Air?

I got some Solo stems from a sponsor of FC and they sound exactly like what you are discussing. The plate seems thicker and the fit of the glass is TIGHT.

sickmanfraud,

spiggot

I got some Solo stems from a sponsor of FC and they sound exactly like what you are discussing. The plate seems thicker and the fit of the glass is TIGHT.

Yes it is a tight fit in my Air. I'm quite pleased with it though, so I've ordered another. Saves me having to clean them quite so often if I have more of them.

It sounds like you ordered yours from a more legit source than me, yet we have very similar items. Maybe mine is an original Arizer stem despite coming from ebay.

sickmanfraud

image-jpeg.2179017

Such a legit portable, I've been super satisfied out of the box. The only negative is on orange and red temps it can get quite hot on the lips. I need to order some extra stems anyway...probably going to look into a slightly longer stem maybe they hydra tube too.

I love my air.

I have had my Solo for almost 4 years and I use the bent stem (in mt Air too) almost exclusively. The short stems are only used when out and about.

Regarding a hydra-tube I have the F-bomb from Planetvape. From what I have learned since the purchase of the F-bomb is that I could have several of the Chinese glass pieces (plus a knockoff F-bomb or PNWT) for the cost of the real f-bomb.

disruptxd

Hey guys. Can't seem to get some solid info on cfx vs air.. Help a buddy out?

Edit: pulled the trigger on the arizer air

Any tips?

Last edited:
disruptxd,

lookhigh

FC member
image-jpeg.2179017

Such a legit portable, I've been super satisfied out of the box. The only negative is on orange and red temps it can get quite hot on the lips. I need to order some extra stems anyway...probably going to look into a slightly longer stem maybe they hydra tube too.

I love my air.

Dont forget to have a look at EDs wooden stems, different and nice.
Get in touch with nature try a Woodie.

disruptxd

D2 or D4 are good. there are faster ones too LUC etc.
Arizer batteries are recommended, others will void your warranty.

I'm told it'll only void your battery if your battery fucks up.

What's the difference between D2 or D4? Guy on reddit says D2 has more tech which in turn makes you need to provide less attention to the care of the battery

disruptxd,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm told it'll only void your battery if your battery fucks up.

What's the difference between D2 or D4? Guy on reddit says D2 has more tech which in turn makes you need to provide less attention to the care of the battery
Were they talking about the Nitecore battery chargers? Folks use the Nitecore to charge batteries.

Most use the Arizer batteries. If using other than Arizer it will void your warranty if you have problems.

disruptxd

just got my air. I'm surprised this thread is not as popular. What's up with the lack of posts in this thread? Forum dying?

disruptxd,

Chandler

just got my air. I'm surprised this thread is not as popular. What's up with the lack of posts in this thread? Forum dying?
i like my air. got it to back up my Crafty. in most cases i prefer my crafty. when i know i'll be doing some serious vaping though, i pull out the Air with its extra battery. i've also discovered that my preference while using my Air, is on the lowest two settings. Low temp vaping with the air is great.

For quiet solo sessions, i look to my Vapman for flavor, potency and fun.... Ultimately, i think for more experienced vaporists, the Air is more of a backup then a go-to vape possibly, why the thread is so quiet?

Top Bottom