stark1

Lonesome Planet
Could be some of us are watching for a successor from Airizer....

In the meantime, "Air's to you, my friend". :haw:

stark1,
Reactions: lookhigh

disruptxd

Could be some of us are watching for a successor from Airizer....

In the meantime, "Air's to you, my friend". :haw:
haha fair enough.

i guess everyone is content with their air, making us not need to question anything and just use it.

I just got mine in the mail today. Heavy hitter, clean taste. Gonna order a D2 and LG batteries tn.

hinglemccringleberry

So do you guys think this glass mp from China is safe?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-14mm-Glass-Water-Adapter-For-Arizer-Solo-Air-Mouthpiece-Stem-/131871899737?hash=item1eb42d8059:g:3lEAAOSwRS9Xf9sh&_trkparms=pageci%3A830924f8-65d6-11e6-ac56-0050568f64a8%7Cparentrq%3Aa17ef6bc1560a62293a966a5ffff9b38%7Ciid%3A2

I want it b/c i like the frosted tip and Im getting it for a different vape. We all know to avoid chinamade vapes like the plague, but what about glass? Am i overthinking it? Does anyone happen to own this piece?

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

lookhigh

FC member
Glass is safe, The stems and Gongs from china for the Solo and Air or not liked too much by users here.

lookhigh,
Reactions: OF

hinglemccringleberry

Glass is safe, The stems and Gongs from china for the Solo and Air or not liked too much by users here.
why is that? if it doesnt work out ill only be out $6.98, but id think it would be hard to screw up the production of a simple 3" glass mouthpiece

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

OF

why is that? if it doesnt work out ill only be out $6.98, but id think it would be hard to screw up the production of a simple 3" glass mouthpiece

Your call for sure, but if you came here looking for advice I'd suggest you heed LH's warning if you don't want to read back in this and the Solo threads. AFAIK the universal experience is bad. I've had two such adventures I've posted about (specifically bought the 'too good to be true' stuff from China to see). Several others have posted similar experiences as well. I don't recall a single success story, you can be the first?

If you want a 'better deal' you might consider the ones from PIU, they are not as good as the ones from PV but they are cheaper and Randy will work with you if you find they don't fit (common problem) or otherwise are not satisfactory to you.

Your call, but you asked advice? I think the advice is very sound and experience based. I suggest you pass.

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can only imagine how they can screw something up? You asked a question regarding a mouthpiece that folks answered. Maybe the mouthpiece will be too small and won't fit? Maybe way too big or too tight of a draw? In any event an extra $3 seems like a no brainier. Maybe you want to try anyway? It's up to you.

We've had members that have ordered those mouthpieces, they were way off in size and performance. Do a search.

I would suggest folks read about 20 pages of the AA thread to get caught up to speed if the AA is new to you.

Edit
My post wasn't meant to hurt any feelings. Reading about 20 pages of a thread is what we suggest to everyone. I personally read 20-30 pages when I buy a new vaporizer sometimes more because often it's a pretty good read. I skim over the stuff that's repeated. Also get familiar with the search key. Also not meant to offend. Questions are asked over and over again in any particular thread.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Uhm, wow....I didn't know that the real version that exact MP i posted can be had for $10 because before I posted, I looked everywhere on the net for it including the legitimate vendors and couldn't find one exactly like it. I searched high and low before even thinking to ask about the ebay china crap here. I'm still relatively new to vaping anyhow. So Jeez, cut me some damn slack.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

Please either take the advice you asked for, read the thread before asking a question that's been covered over and over (as the rules you agreed to require) or report us for violating those rules (use the 'Report" key lower left). We're trying to help here, honestly.

TIA

OF
I never said I won't take the advice and I appreciate those who chimed in for me. But this thread isn't small. I'd rather post again and get chewed out and get an answer than sit here for 5 hours combing a 372 page thread and finding the answer about that specific MP on page 127 or something. I lurked this forum for months before ever posting but I guess I deserve to get reamed for not lurking enough. Anyway, SORRY ABOUT THAT, it won't happen again. :shrugs:

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Hey gents, just got an Air after some owning a Pax 1 (then got sick of cleaning it so went back to combustion). Thanks for everyone's help, I've read through basically everything on here. All I have to add is that I use a Pelican 1030 case to store the carrier that comes with it and a container of bud. It holds everything securely so it doesn't move around, and most importantly blocks out the smell (why I got it). I have the all glass stem and an extra battery in there, but you could also do 2 stems instead. $15 on Amazon.

Cheers!

Here are pics:

Modnote: Your images are not appearing. How to post images: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

Last edited by a moderator:
LegalizeInWisco,

DiabolicalJoker

I was given o-rings with my stems from pv. I remember reading about them here, but can't find the info on it. Are they to be put under the part that unscrews on the top of the vape?

DiabolicalJoker,
Reactions: CarolKing
woops, here are the pics:

http://i.imgur.com/xKx1lcY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YkcddDC.jpg

YkcddDC.jpg

xKx1lcY.jpg

Modnote: Edited to display images

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

Hey y'all. Has anyone found a reliable USB charger for the Air yet?

No charger is needed, only a cable. A couple of bucks. We've discussed this a LOT, like well over 100 posts in "USB cable" on the search function?

I personally have posted over 50 of those (sorting for "OF"), the first ten of those not only discuss this, show photos but list links in almost all those 10 posts.

If you can't find it, either PM me or post here again and we'll try to sort this out?

TIA

OF

VapeHeadz

I was given o-rings with my stems from pv. I remember reading about them here, but can't find the info on it. Are they to be put under the part that unscrews on the top of the vape?
Yeah. unscrew the top, place the o ring on the lip, slide in a straight stem and then place the unscrewed section back on thru the top of the straight stem (whilst the straight stem is still inserted) then tighten the screw top back on to the main section and the o ring should push into place, then you can remove the straight stem and use whatever stem you like.

Ends up looking like this -

FgASxsB.jpg

lol, i just realised this is the air thread. My bad haha. Doh.

I thought I was on the solo thread. Don't mind me, i'm baked.

Last edited:

OF

Yeah. unscrew the top, place the o ring on the lip, slide in a straight stem and then place the unscrewed section back on thru the top of the straight stem (whilst the straight stem is still inserted) then tighten the screw top back on to the main section and the o ring should push into place, then you can remove the straight stem and use whatever stem you like.

Ends up looking like this -

That's sort of the right procedure to use on Solo. However, since the caps varied in thickness after the mod was developed, you have to fit them with newer units carefully especially with the ones with the thicker caps (newer, thicker cap on left):
nm3vf41.jpg

Putting the cap on with too much tension on the ring can (and does) break the plastic tabs on the bottom where the four screws are. Guys really clamp down on the ring sometimes (taking pride in 'I can pick the unit up by the stem') causing this damage, folks should be made aware of that possibility I think. The idea is to keep bent stems from rotating under gravity. The ring holds the stem 'naturally' and the cap clamps the ring just tight enough to keep it from rotating. It's not 'to tighten up loose stems.

Generally you need a thinner cord ring (same major diameter, but 'one step thinner'. Or sand flats on them. You can also pinch the ring and shave a bit off the bulge with a razor blade so it doesn't add air restriction (the photo shows the notches on the inside surface of the ring, I later switched to putting them on the bottom (better grip while still allowing air past freely):
CApRNuG.jpg

But all that is on Solo. The vape in question here is Air.......it's probably a mistake, the rings have no use on this vape?

OF

VapeHeadz

^ Yeah, sorry, i edited my post, I didnt realise I was on the air thread, and jumped in too quickly.

And yes! On my newer solo the o ring would not go down like on my older black one, i was wondering why it wouldnt work. It kept twisting so I just use my black one with the o ring and the silver one without. Of course a few of my stems are loose with the no o ring on the silver but I'm used to it.

VapeHeadz,

JLC

This thread has been a great resource!

I'm about to order an Air, but am a little stuck on which colour to get. Some of the pictures online make the titanium look pink, others show it as almost gunmetal.

Can anyone who has one or has seen one in person comment on the actual colour?

Thanks!

JLC,
Reactions: GetLeft
Top Bottom