WeedyGirl1979

I use my Air when I'm out and about- the sleekness and one handed operation (and the silencer works!) make it a winner. Not to mention the swappable batteries.
My Solo is when I'm in my house but not wanting to be tied to an outlet. It's awesome at starting a bowl slow and finishing up, I dig the temp choices! Plus it pair so well with my D-20 variation that I don't use it dry, like the air.
When I'm chilling in my bedroom, then it's the Underdog's turn. Lazy occasional rips, repaking now and again. Or when I need to blastoff fast, it's awesome for that.
I seem to be practicing IDIC- Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations? You nerds know what I mean :)
I didn't think I'd use my Air as much I do, loving my Solo so hard, but it's so nice on the go, fitting into a pocket and ready to roll.

OF

.....slip it in my inside jacket pocket on a dog walk.

Hey, for dog walk duty I seriously suggest considering the Summit. Randy at PIU recommended it to our very own Sinclue for his dog walks, and IMO it was an inspired idea. At Sinclue's encouragement I got one and think it fits extremely well in the 'grab a fast hit or two on the sly' mode.

It's more trouble to keep clean (but not all that hard) but after that it's clear sailing. The package is very tough, with rubber armor in key places and magnetic latches so stuff comes off easily rather than breaking in a mishap. While there's a pair of buttons to adjust the temperature (8 steps.....) they are not normally used after you select your choice. In use, you press the big button. It vibrates to confirm (you can start it in your pocket easily). If you're watching it flashes battery level in 4 LEDs (no 'color confusion' here) and goes quietly heating showing blue light on the 'go button'. Very fast to temperature (who wants to wait at such times, under 90 seconds easily), after which it gives you three buzzes on the vibrator (stealth in spades) and stays hot for maybe 90 seconds before going back to standby. A long tap on the button gives 2 buzzes and power down, otherwise it times out in a couple minutes. A quick tap gives a single buzz and starts the heat cycle again.

Very well though out IMO, ideal for the duty when the advantage is being small, easy to work, silent and all those sorts of things. Not that it'll ever replace Solo/Air in the main role, but when it comes to being inconspicuous it's got the bases covered I think.

Give it a look?

Looks like the air V solo is well covered by you guys. Just one more thing, the solo is simpler to operate for colorblind etc.

Yes, absolutely. Color doesn't matter with Solo, individual LEDs means no chance of confusion. This is the voice of experience, in case you don't recognize it. Notice that Air depends on being able to tell red from green, the overwhelming type of color blindness...... IMO you'd have to work harder to pick a worse scheme in this respect. With the heat levels you can always go to one end and count steps, but you're SOL when it comes to battery level.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I use my Air when I'm out and about- the sleekness and one handed operation (and the silencer works!) make it a winner. Not to mention the swappable batteries.
My Solo is when I'm in my house but not wanting to be tied to an outlet. It's awesome at starting a bowl slow and finishing up, I dig the temp choices! Plus it pair so well with my D-20 variation that I don't use it dry, like the air.
When I'm chilling in my bedroom, then it's the Underdog's turn. Lazy occasional rips, repaking now and again. Or when I need to blastoff fast, it's awesome for that.
I seem to be practicing IDIC- Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations? You nerds know what I mean :)
I didn't think I'd use my Air as much I do, loving my Solo so hard, but it's so nice on the go, fitting into a pocket and ready to roll.
Thanks!
@WeedyGirl1979
@Bravesst

I was making my CANNABIS budget for 2016.
What I found was I had over 28 grams of Top Shelf Colas?
I was seriously thinking to buy an AIR however I have Stems and GonGs for the SOLO. The SOLO is 5 years old and working fine?
To vaporize in public I don't think I would feel comfortable?
Maybe it's a cultural issue? Like walking in public with a glass of wine? The AIR seems to be good device if you need on the go.

I use a lot of plug-ins around the house. The SOLO I use in my garden. I have too many cars and vaporizers. Plus I have way too much glass? I have 10 books of nonfiction to read before I buy more books!

OK I have VAS however I'm trying to control my impulses?

I hate batteries to deal with however the AIR makes sense for some?

So it's more for lifestyle convenience?

I use a SOLO before I walk the DOG.

When I was young we just rolled joints!
Hot Boxing in the car on surf trips was standard.

I do like the size of the AIR.

Too bad I did not have a AIR back in the day?

Enjoy!

I'm going to the garden.

5 grams of SHATTER $50?

lookhigh

FC member
They fit, Solo stems are slightly larger and tight in the AIR. Then again some not?
Eds Solo wong does not fit in my Air and neither does Joda glass.
My take on this is once you use the Solo stems in the Air the original Air stems will be looser (not a bad thing for airflow). you choice your toys.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I notice my plastic tip is a little more loose than the all glass stem and I'm liking the way it hits a lot better... which I wasn't expecting (pretty much ignored it for the first few week)

zmt

If you don't already have one, the E-Nano by Epic Vape (https://epicvape.com)
- Super efficiency
- Purist flavor
- Pure convection
- Gorgeous!
I give up! Too many options! Going out to buy smoking papers and a lighter! Lol

Now on a more serious note, the Air is my only vape and the E-nano looks like a similar concept. The Herbalaire would bring options that I never tried (bag and whip), and I havent read a lot of complaints about the vapor quality.
Dont know much about the E-nano, seems like a great quality vape but it looks like I will find a similar draw resistance as in the AA. Am I wrong?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
There's a similar draw resistance with the AA and the Enano. I personally like a little resistance. I don't like too airy of a draw. I have the Solo and really love that unit also. I don't like too much resistance so I always keep my screens clean and a loose pack.

Last edited:

GetLeft

Yeah, my plastic tip stem is looser / less constricted than my all-glass stem too.

Haven't used my AA with a bubbler. I use my portable when stealth and mobility are factors. When I have time to play with water, I use my destop.

GetLeft,

zmt

There's a similar draw resistance with the AA and the Enano. I personally like a little resistance. I don't like too airy of a draw. I also have the Solo and really love that unit also. I don't like too much resistance so I always keep my screens clean and a loose pack.
I only get a sense of satisfaction on big draws and it feels like it takes too long on the AA. Specially for someone who never used a vaporizer until three months ago. The bag could change that, even knowing that I will loose in taste, i still kinda want to try it.

OF

The bag could change that, even knowing that I will loose in taste, i still kinda want to try it.

Follow your nose, lad! You're the only guy that can make the call. It's a reasonable, researched call.....you can't be looking back over your shoulder at this one.

Good luck on where it takes you.

OF

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@CarolKing i find it interesting you think the nano and air have a similar draw as I know you have a lot of experience with both. I think the nano has more of an open draw compared to the air and solo. To me, there is no way you can rip into the air, it simply restricts the airflow too much for "rips" but is a great slow sipper. The nano on the other hand, while I guess it's somewhat restricted, I feel like I can just lay into it and draw however fast, or slow I want. I'm interested to hear your take fleshed out a little more.

CarolKing

I'm not saying the Air is as hard of a hitter as the Enano. All three, the Solo, AA and the Enano have a restricted draw. They are similar IMO. Make sure your screens are clean, that can really restrict your draw. When using the glass fixed screen mouthpiece on the Enano it's more open.

Using a J Hook with the Enano feels more open than the regular mouthpiece with the adjustable screens.

Edit
The Enano's heater doesn't get overwhelmed and have to recover like the AA and the Solo. You don't need to wait between draws.

If you are having a restricted draw feeling with the Solo or the Air, PV have many mouthpieces to help with that. They have the side air channels to give more air flow. Often it comes down to the type of mouthpiece you are using, far as too much restriction during a draw.

Last edited:

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
I wasn't really talking about hard hits or cloud size either, just air flow. I agree that they are all somewhat restricted, but I feel like my nano has about 50% more airflow then the Air, which is a fairly substantial difference. I do agree that the turbo gong really changes the airflow of the two Arizers though. Thanks for expanding on your thoughts @CarolKing

CarolKing

I prefer using a Solo stem with the Air because those small stems are more restrictive IMO, the stock stems for the Air.. I use the specialty stems from PV too. I've got so many stems that I've bought over the last couple years. I don't have a problem using Solo stems with the Air.

Edit
I really like the D020 bubbler with the AA.

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
The Air is fairly restrictive, and i think its a perfect balance.
Mine is more restrictive than the new solo and less than the older.
Some people say its the same as the new Solo and i think that would be the case with a well used Air.

zmt

Follow your nose, lad! You're the only guy that can make the call. It's a reasonable, researched call.....you can't be looking back over your shoulder at this one.

Good luck on where it takes you.

OF
You're right but it looks like I need to do more research.
Just checked the details in the store's website and they say it is a 110v vaporizer. If that's true I will have to order from Herbalaire's website (European version) and it will be more expensive than I thought... Waiting for an answer to the email I sent to the store.

zmt,
Reactions: OF

CarolKing

I prefer a vaporizer with a slight restricted draw. The older model Solo (2011) had too restricted of a draw for my liking. I don't want to have to gasp for air when I'm taking a draw. Some folks with lung damage would need a vaporizer possibly with no restriction at all, the type that blows bags.

The draw that the Solo and the Air provide works well for me but it might not be for everyone. Working with loading a loose oven of cannabis and using different stems I'm able to tailor the draw that I like.

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@beiberhole69 the e-nano is fairly different from the air and solo. I think they compliment each other perfectly but the nano could do concentrates at high temps for hours straight with no problems. That's not really what it's designed for due to the smaller bowl size, but it would keep up easily.

Bongologist,
Reactions: tripwire

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
OMG I am such an IDIOT!!!!!

Just accidentally washed my AA with my bed sheets

DOH!

took out the battery and there were a couple of drops in there.

Gonna let it all dry out (maybe put it in a bag of rice) and then see how well it fires back up.

I have hope!!!!!!

beiberhole69,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You might also set your oven to lowest setting. Open bottom and unscrew the top place on a cookie sheet for 2+ hours.
As long as no attempt to turn on while wet, you have excellent survival chance.
Good luck. Would be a definite piss off moment.

Top Bottom