beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
@OF

The ones I linked are the ones that I RECEIVED... the ones I ORDERED are from the exact seller/page you linked.

I'll paste what I originally wrote again:

"Got my bucket screens from the guy on ebay people linked, but they're not the screens pictured, they have a metal ring around them (wider than the diameter of the stem so can't put it dome down)."

Anyway, the seller said he would send me the correct order... but then 4 min later said he has records of 2 deliveries to me and that he wants pictures. I replied to him that I only have the 1 order and that he must be psychic if he sent me the correct thing after the wrong thing without me messaging him and why would he send me a 2nd package without notifying me.... so he responds saying he'll just send the correct screens free. So... we'll see

OF

Anyway, the seller said he would send me the correct order... but then 4 min later said he has records of 2 deliveries to me and that he wants pictures. I replied to him that I only have the 1 order and that he must be psychic if he sent me the correct thing after the wrong thing without me messaging him and why would he send me a 2nd package without notifying me.... so he responds saying he'll just send the correct screens free. So... we'll see

Still sounds like a mix up there (assuming he sells both), perhaps your address on someone else's order? That might be the second order? I've had a similar thing happen once, I got another fellow's order and he mine. If he says he got confirmations of two deliveries to you I can see how confusing this must be to him as well.

Hopefully it'll get sorted out. I bet you end up with 3 orders, the wrong one, the one you ordered (and shows delivered even though you don't have it right now) and the replacement........

Again, good luck with it.

OF

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
IDK, but if he sends me the money to send these wrong screens back I am more than willing. They're significantly more expensive than the $1 per the other ones are.

But on a more Airizer specific note.... my unit is making a ticking noise when it heats up. Is that normal?

I read on here an experience where ticking preceded the unit crashing. The first couple times I thought it was little plant matter bits cooking, but I cleaned out the oven part pretty good and I still hear it.

OF

But on a more Airizer specific note.... my unit is making a ticking noise when it heats up. Is that normal?

I read on here an experience where ticking preceded the unit crashing.

Not normal, but not uncommon. It's been reported several times in Air, more in Solo (same basic heater, been out longer). Nothing to worry about IMO.

I don't, however, recall anyone tying it to a following failure. In fact there have been very few (if any) failures. Do you have a reference on that failure? Does anyone else remember one dieing? TIA

OF

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

I read on here an experience where ticking preceded the unit crashing. The first couple times I thought it was little plant matter bits cooking, but I cleaned out the oven part pretty good and I still hear it.

I have never noticed a ticking noise in my Air but my FM used to make a ticking/electronics sound. I suspect that is the heater unit micro adjusting or something fancy like that.

Stevenski,
Reactions: OF

OF

I have never noticed a ticking noise in my Air but my FM used to make a ticking/electronics sound. I suspect that is the heater unit micro adjusting or something fancy like that.

Yep, I think the general feeling is it's thermal expansion related, like some home heaters or electric stoves make when you turn them on. Vaping means some pretty high temperature changes, things change size/shape a lot really.

I used to have a soldering iron that did the same thing every morning (a bit higher temperatures, but not by much). One day it stopped. It took me a bit to realize that's what had happened, I had that 'something's not right' feeling going.......

In any event I don't recall anyone saying it was fatal, and it does tend to go away?

OF

OF,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Best way to manage any AA issue (so rare) is to have more than one (or any good vape), so while you're solving the issue with AA #1, you're hitting at #2. Be prepared for all eventualities.

3 heavily used AAs, not one issue over 6 months to one year.:)

Bass Vaper

My buddy just got an Air. He's looking for a 14mm adapter for his hydra tube. Also, he'd like a shorter glass mouthpiece stem thingy. He's not a pc guy so I told him I'd ask the pros here at FC.

Someone guide me, please and thx. I'm taking the easy route and bypassing 320 thread pages. Excuse my laziness.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
My buddy just got an Air. He's looking for a 14mm adapter for his hydra tube. Also, he'd like a shorter glass mouthpiece stem thingy. He's not a pc guy so I told him I'd ask the pros here at FC.

Someone guide me, please and thx. I'm taking the easy route and bypassing 320 thread pages. Excuse my laziness.
The plastic tipped stem mates with 14mm. Piu sells the all glass stem and a 14mm gong

Bass Vaper

Thx. You guys rule.

Edit: And I knew the 14mm would be something he just wasn't figuring out. Hilarious that he already has one. I told him "dude, the plastic tips works with it". His reply "huh....didn't think to try that".

:doh:

Last edited:

Justpassedu

zmt

Mine is still ticking and it still works.
Are we the only two owners who hear a ticking noise when the unit is heating?

Still havent decided which will be my spare vape. I would like to try the firefly but its too expensive. Initially I was going for the desktop Arizer extreme Q but after reading some reviews saying it takes too long to heat up i scratched the EQ off the list.
Next I started to look for the Herbalaire 2.2 but it needs a decent load to produce good vapor, which, for someone who never uses the full bowl of the AA, isnt an option.
Right now im thinking of an extra Air, or a Solo but the Air would probably be better for the spare parts. Its hard to choose a vaporizer nowadays.lol

OF

Are we the only two owners who hear a ticking noise when the unit is heating?

Next I started to look for the Herbalaire 2.2 but it needs a decent load to produce good vapor, which, for someone who never uses the full bowl of the AA, isnt an option.

Right now im thinking of an extra Air, or a Solo but the Air would probably be better for the spare parts. Its hard to choose a vaporizer nowadays.lol

Naw, you're not even the only guys to report it. And many more are sure to have noticed and not reported, and, of course, some will not have noticed for a host of reasons (including declining hearing with age....). The point is it happens, and is not fatal (absent the rumor above......).

You were misinformed about HA. I have one, but seldom use it. HA is a convection vape, a real one. The correctly heated air will vape whatever you put in it. If you want lots of vapor fast (like filling bags) you have to put a lot in. Put a lesser amount in and you can slowly vape it to competition unlike in conduction vapes that need physical contact to heat the load (but like MFLB with it's 'only heating a small part of the load at once) you can vape tiny amounts....... But you can also pull the crucible out when you want and save the rest for later. Since the mass of metal is very small, vaping stops almost instantly.....no more hot air.

A backup is always a good call, but IMO you should first buy a different vape, one that you might otherwise enjoy using for a 'change of pace'. Keeping a spare Air in the closet waiting for the main one to break can make for a seriously underused vape.

And I agree, LOTS of good choices......ain't that grand?

OF

zmt

Naw, you're not even the only guys to report it. And many more are sure to have noticed and not reported, and, of course, some will not have noticed for a host of reasons (including declining hearing with age....). The point is it happens, and is not fatal (absent the rumor above......).

You were misinformed about HA. I have one, but seldom use it. HA is a convection vape, a real one. The correctly heated air will vape whatever you put in it. If you want lots of vapor fast (like filling bags) you have to put a lot in. Put a lesser amount in and you can slowly vape it to competition unlike in conduction vapes that need physical contact to heat the load (but like MFLB with it's 'only heating a small part of the load at once) you can vape tiny amounts....... But you can also pull the crucible out when you want and save the rest for later. Since the mass of metal is very small, vaping stops almost instantly.....no more hot air.

A backup is always a good call, but IMO you should first buy a different vape, one that you might otherwise enjoy using for a 'change of pace'. Keeping a spare Air in the closet waiting for the main one to break can make for a seriously underused vape.

And I agree, LOTS of good choices......ain't that grand?

OF

Ok... HA 2.2 back in first place.lol
It seems that those who defend the Extreme Q critice the HA by saying that the teflon will afect the taste and could be a health hazard. Can we compare the vapor quality on the Air with the HA?

I really like the vapor taste in the AA and it would be great if my second vape could match that. Of course I would love to have a volcano but I cant afford that so lets focus on the HA. (AA + HA = not enough for a classic volcano). Lol

OF

Ok... HA 2.2 back in first place.lol
It seems that those who defend the Extreme Q critice the HA by saying that the teflon will afect the taste and could be a health hazard. Can we compare the vapor quality on the Air with the HA?

I really like the vapor taste in the AA and it would be great if my second vape could match that. Of course I would love to have a volcano but I cant afford that so lets focus on the HA. (AA + HA = not enough for a classic volcano). Lol

Do Teflon pots and pans effect the taste of food? In the lab, nothing is measured and detection there is better by far better than most can smell/taste. PTFE is widely used precisely because it's inert at these levels. Still you have to feel comfortable with the safety. I, personally, don't share these concerns for the above reasons.

IMO the taste in HA stays 'fresh' longer. It's easy to make 'clean as new' again (Teflon makes it easier) and fouls more slowly I think. In any event it's close, IMO a cleaner HA beats a less clean Air (and the other way) so design is not the determining factor. If you get one, dump the tube that comes with it and get some high temperature Silicone instead. Even with a larger bore. This is what I use:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&catid=799

Handy stuff for lots of vape things IMO.

"A poor man's Volcano' is not a bad description at many levels I think. Do folks condemn Volcano for plastic parts?

It's, of course, natural for guys to have reasons to defend their choice, but I find few faults with HA......for a vape with wires coming out the bottom.....

BTW, the body is glass (fiber) filled nylon, you could probably hammer in nails with it.

OF

zmt

Do Teflon pots and pans effect the taste of food? In the lab, nothing is measured and detection there is better by far better than most can smell/taste. PTFE is widely used precisely because it's inert at these levels. Still you have to feel comfortable with the safety. I, personally, don't share these concerns for the above reasons.

IMO the taste in HA stays 'fresh' longer. It's easy to make 'clean as new' again (Teflon makes it easier) and fouls more slowly I think. In any event it's close, IMO a cleaner HA beats a less clean Air (and the other way) so design is not the determining factor. If you get one, dump the tube that comes with it and get some high temperature Silicone instead. Even with a larger bore. This is what I use:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&catid=799

Handy stuff for lots of vape things IMO.

"A poor man's Volcano' is not a bad description at many levels I think. Do folks condemn Volcano for plastic parts?

It's, of course, natural for guys to have reasons to defend their choice, but I find few faults with HA......for a vape with wires coming out the bottom.....

BTW, the body is glass (fiber) filled nylon, you could probably hammer in nails with it.

OF
Im going for it. 165USD seems fair for a second vape. And no more problems with batteries ;)
Just waiting for a friend of mine to fly to Toronto (cabin crew) and Ill ask him to bring me one, as I did with the air to avoid shipping charges and customs fees.

What is the measure for the silicon tubing?

Thanks a lot for all your help

Dremor

+zmt i bought my Air 3 Months ago and it's a really decent vapo, especially here in my Skiing vacation.

But 4 weeks ago i bought an EQ. And i think it's worth bis money.
Heating up the Unit is something strange. Some Guys let it heat up 10min without herbs and then fill the bowl.
Other guys heat up the desired temp an go.

I dont think heat up time is nothing to be concernd about it.
Buy it, i belive you'll be happy with it.
I am very happy.

OF

What is the measure for the silicon tubing?

Thanks a lot for all your help

I tend to use three sizes: 54033, 54036, and 54038. 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch ID.

The first fits the straw from HA, a short piece of which 'adapts up' for a 3/8 whip (which I like) and the last will fit over the plug (on the surface that seals on 14mm GonG fittings.....) with no straw at all (a bit large for a whip IMO, but some might like it. Also handy for mating up with a WT if you want to leave your HA on the deck (which I usually do).

You're welcome, enjoy it.

OF

zmt

+zmt i bought my Air 3 Months ago and it's a really decent vapo, especially here in my Skiing vacation.

But 4 weeks ago i bought an EQ. And i think it's worth bis money.
Heating up the Unit is something strange. Some Guys let it heat up 10min without herbs and then fill the bowl.
Other guys heat up the desired temp an go.

I dont think heat up time is nothing to be concernd about it.
Buy it, i belive you'll be happy with it.
I am very happy.
Thanks for your help but I think Im going for the Herbalaire. First of all im clumsy, broke the Air stem with plastic tip in the first day (I thought to myself "lets look at what just happened as a confirmation that vapes really work").
Second, after all my research the HA appears to win in durability and extraction quality. And some showed regret after buiyng the EQ but that didnt happen with the HA.

OF

Looks interresting, 5 Ballons
But, that could be a dealbreaker for me, only 200°c.
I like my Ballons at 215-220.

I suggest you go read the thread some. I think you'll find the maximum temperature does a very effective job (or they'd have made it higher....right?). This is a whole other thing, Convection, than what most are used to. Don't expect the numbers to match.

The hot air does a much more uniform job of getting the heat in. No 'over cooked' parts from avoiding under vaped parts somewhere else. It's all the same temperature, the heat exchanger below is a big block of aluminum with lots of fins. All kinds of contact area to contact lots of airflow. This, and the PID type control (lots of power on tap in a variable form, not on or off, like the gas pedal on your car) means very high efficiency and uniformity. There is no 'lesser heat' in the center like with Solo/Air for instance.

I normally run most vapes at 390F as a starting point. Step 4 on Solo is my normal one. I run HA at 375, or a little less for the same general effect. I can, when I'm after CBDs and the heavy stuff and am hammering ABV, it comes out like charcoal even at that 'low' temperature if I keep sucking through water absent mindedly.

Again, check out the thread, and remember that this is a refined model, if more temperature was a good idea it would have been included two or three models back.

Being able to blow bags is fun, but remember isn't not magic. To fill 5 bags you have to put in more weed and wait longer, but it'll do it if you want. I find one filling and one being emptied is about the most optimum way, but you should experiment as well. Even bad results are still pretty good.....

OF

Top Bottom